NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

+13
The Devil, You Know
nicko
Ben Reilly
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Eilzel
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Vintage
Raggamuffin
magica
Syl
17 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 7 Empty Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

No......the vapour stinks and the user and anyone nearby is usually swamped by a sweet smelling stench that I for one find quite obnoxious. If you want to vape, go somewhere where you are not bothering other people. Rolling Eyes

"E-cigarette users should be allowed to vape in public places, such as in offices, buses and trains, a controversial report by MPs has recommended.
The Science and Technology Committee said that forcing vapers into the smoking shelters could undermine their efforts to quit and called for a ‘liberalisation on restrictions’ which would necessitate ‘non-vapers having to accommodate vapers.’
MPs also said regulations should be relaxed to allow licensing, prescribing and advertising of e-cigarettes to promoted their health benefits.
Committee chair Norman Lamb MP, said: “E-cigarettes are less harmful than conventional cigarettes, but current policy and regulations do not sufficiently reflect this and businesses, transport providers and public places should stop viewing conventional and e-cigarettes as one and the same. There is no public health rationale for doing so.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/08/17/let-e-cigarette-users-vape-offices-buses-say-mps-controversial/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 7 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I find coughing or sneezing without covering to be disgusting. But you can hardly stop people from coughing and sneezing, especially kids, so let them be.
Smoking is an absolute choice and is totally unnecessary in an eating area.

I dont find something natural disgusting with coughing or sneezing

So you don't go to many barbecues I take it, as you must find them disgusting also, correct?

What do you do in this situation, where the cooking facility in the resturant or beer garden is emitting harmful smoke?

So I take it that you wish to ban barbecues also in eating areas?  

You see how I can tie you up in knots with this?

Sorry about Quill's usual smack talk about me, poorly misdirecting

Where he clearly avoided my point like the plauge

Lets get back to the debate, as clearly you must realize that barbecues emit harmful smoke within eating areas?

Its not just the inhalation.

Despite its popularity, outdoor grilling comes with many hazards. BBQ smoke contains a high level of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which are known to cause DNA mutations, respiratory disease, and even lung cancer.

Many people are well aware that breathing in the fumes of a BBQ is less than ideal, and many of us will also know that eating grilled foods can have negative consequences for our health.

Both the inhalation and consumption of grilled foods have received a fair amount of research. However, according to a new study, PAH absorption through the skin might be an equally significant issue — and one that has mostly been overlooked.

Back to top Go down

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 7 Empty Re: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace?

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Didge wrote:Sorry about Quill's usual smack talk about me, poorly misdirecting

Just trying to help. Some people are too old, and beyond helping. Laughing

Didge wrote:Lets get back to the debate, as clearly you must realize that barbecues emit harmful smoke within eating areas?

You're avoiding the issue. Barbecues can be set out and away from harm. Going back to my point, smoking should be done out and away from harm, too...like setting off high explosives, smoking should be done in designated place, far away from harming others.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:53 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I find coughing or sneezing without covering to be disgusting. But you can hardly stop people from coughing and sneezing, especially kids, so let them be.

So you don't go to many barbecues I take it, as you must find them disgusting also, correct?

What do you do in this situation, where the cooking facility in the resturant or beer garden is emitting harmful smoke?

He has no concept they are within outdoor eating areas

His view to set out of the way, proves he is clueless when it does not dissipate. Nor understand how much smoke they do produe. Which can be blown into the diners with a slight wind change then inhaled and absorded in the skin

He then argues to set this away from harm, when smokers already do so away from people in an eating outdoor area. Plus cig smoke dissipates quickly

Without realizing he just argued to continue to allow smokers in outdoor eating areas. As smokers can stand safely away from those eating

Laughing

Lets get back to the debate, as clearly you must realize that barbecues emit harmful smoke within eating areas?

Despite its popularity, outdoor grilling comes with many hazards. BBQ smoke contains a high level of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which are known to cause DNA mutations, respiratory disease, and even lung cancer.

Many people are well aware that breathing in the fumes of a BBQ is less than ideal, and many of us will also know that eating grilled foods can have negative consequences for our health.

Both the inhalation and consumption of grilled foods have received a fair amount of research. However, according to a new study, PAH absorption through the skin might be an equally significant issue — and one that has mostly been overlooked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:15 pm

Didge wrote:His iew to set out of the way, proves he is clueless when it does not dissipate but an be blown into the diners and inhaled and absorded in the skin

Nonsense, nothing is impossible. Attach a vacuum fan above the barbecue. The problem with smoking is that people want to socialize too. I’d love to see smokers to carry around a vacuum fan on their shoulder. Maybe in the future…

Didge wrote:He then argues to set this away fro harm, when smokers already do so away from people in an eating outdoor are. Plus cig smoke dissipates quickly

It’s an attempt at a solution…but one that doesn’t work. If you set off an explosive device in an outdoor dining area, the same problem exists. You do the math.

Didge wrote:Without realizing he just argued to continue to allow smokers in outdoor eating areas. As smokers an stand safely away fro those eating

No, my argument is to place them squarely in the middle of the Senoran Desert, hundreds of miles away. Laughing Until my little vacuum device is invented, smokers cannot be in the vicinity of non-smokers, or they threaten their lives.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:24 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

He has no concept they are within outdoor eating areas

Its getting even more desperate by Quill, as he now wants owners to fork out on a vacuum fan (I guess he meant extractor fan). Which will have minimal to no effect outdoors. I am loving how again, where again he fails to realize the same could be built for smokers.

You see how I can tie up someone so intellectually naive as Quill? His basic knowledge of science is embarressing. Where he is still ignoring how barbecue smoke can and will be absorbed into the skin.

We both know that Barbecues are set up near to or next to where the food is layed out for people. In outdoor eating areas.

Without realizing he just argued to continue to allow smokers in outdoor eating areas. As smokers can stand safely away from those eating

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:52 am

Didge, you aren't tying anyone up, not me, not quill, no one.

You are not stupid. You know for many reasons smoking is very different to sneezing, coughing, cars, vomiting, not washing, deoderant, barbeques and eddie's bloody sorbet and cheese lol

I'm not playing your silly games now. Especially if you are going to start with your typical immature and misplaced victory posturing. It's pointless. You probably oppsed the original indoor smoking ban in 2007 for the same selfish reasons you're espousing here. You are an addict, there's no reasoning here.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:09 am

Eilzel wrote:Didge, you aren't tying anyone up, not me, not quill, no one.

You are not stupid. You know for many reasons smoking is very different to sneezing, coughing, cars, vomiting, not washing, deoderant, barbeques and eddie's bloody sorbet and cheese lol

I'm not playing your silly games now. Especially if you are going to start with your typical immature and misplaced victory posturing. It's pointless. You probably oppsed the original indoor smoking ban in 2007 for the same selfish reasons you're espousing here. You are an addict, there's no reasoning here.

Playing silly games?

Wow, talk about a pathetic reply

How about you actually take on my point and stop using me as an excuse to poorly get out of replying

This has got nothing to do with victory, yet again showing you have zero ability at understanding people, but as stated throughout. That you are emphatically hyporitical. How pathetic that you use me with some cheap shot, to avoid atually debating this.

No I did not oppose the ban on indoor smoking.

Now answer the point or jog the fuck on little baby

You see how I can tie you up in knots with this?[/quote]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:20 am

Oh and for the incredible dim witted Eilzel who seems to be clueless that barbecues are worse than smoking

medicalnewstoday. wrote:
By monitoring a group of people enjoying a barbecue, Chinese researchers discover that the carcinogens in barbecue smoke are more likely to enter our bodies through our skin than our lungs.

Air pollution is a massive global problem, but, for most of us, there is little we can do to limit our exposure to poor quality air.However, during the summer season, many of us willingly stand next to a device that pumps out harmful emissions: the humble barbecue (BBQ).In the United States and farther afield, the BBQ is an incredibly popular outdoor event.

Family members and friends have been joining together to eat grilled foods since the invention of fire.For instance, according to the authors of a recent study, on July 4, 2016, 87 percent of people in the U.S. used an outdoor grill.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321884.php

Last edited by Didge on Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:23 am

Didge wrote:Lets get back to the debate, as clearly you must realize that barbecues emit harmful smoke within eating areas?

Barbecues? Are you not committing the tu quoque fallacy? Are you not trying to discredit an opponent's position by challenging on another matter, without directly refuting or disproving on the first matter?

Read the topic. It's about cigarettes and vapes. Not about vehicle emissions or barbecues.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:26 am

Original Quill wrote:

Barbecues?  Are you not committing the tu quoque fallacy?  Are you not trying to discredit an opponent's position by challenging on another matter, without directly refuting or disproving on the first matter?

Read the topic.  It's about cigarettes and vapes.  Not about vehicle emissions or barbecues.

I think you will find I am educating his ignorance here

This is about how he is utterly two faced

Hence my point on barbecues

Now unless you want me to tie you up in knots again as I did before. Then I suggest you atually engage in debate instead of your pathetic attempts to derail them

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:33 am

Didge wrote:I think you will find I am educating his ignorance here

Hahaha...I think you are a phony-assed faker. This thread started about smoking and vaping, and here you are playing whataboutism with barbecues and auto emissions.

It's an old KGB trick. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:37 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:I think you will find I am educating his ignorance here

Hahaha...I think you are a phony-assed faker.  This thread started about smoking and vaping, and here you are playing whataboutism with barbecues and auto emissions.

It's an old KGB trick.  Twisted Evil

And just like Eilzel, you want to turn this about me

I am not concerned what some Far Right Californian Nationalist thinks of me

Just more poor excuses it seems offered. Where I have rightly shown and proved that some here are more concerned at smokers and vapors. Yet with far worse issues that effect humans they make a complete U-turn and offer poor excuses

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:09 am

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 7 3922118137

Cigarette smoking remains the number one voluntary, self-inflicted and avoidable cause of deaths(just ahead of high fat intakes..), disability and lost production in advanced western countries -- as well as being a socially disgusting habit...

Despite Dodge and eddie regularly claiming otherwise..

Dodge will have to do better than simply claiming that everyone else is wrong, without actually presenting any evidence to back his position.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:02 am

I smoked from aged 10, until I was 64. I then had a Heart Attack witch led to a Quad Bypass ! I now have COPD, all caused by SMOKING. When your young you think "it wont happen to me" I'v got news for you, IT WILL.! After 14 years I still long for a smoke on occasions, it is hard to give up,but worth it.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:05 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 7 3922118137

Cigarette smoking remains the number one voluntary, self-inflicted and avoidable cause of deaths(just ahead of high fat intakes..), disability and lost production  in advanced western countries  --  as well as being a socially disgusting habit...

Dodge will have to do better than simply claiming that everyone else is wrong, without actually presenting any evidence to back his position.

Nobody is denying it is the most self inflcted

We are talking about passive smoking here though

Though pollutions is massively the number one killer of humans

I suggest you go to specsavers, as neither Eddie or I made any such claim

I suggest you have to do better than a wetwipe and suckup like Eilzel towards other posters

It seems you share a common trait

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:09 am

nicko wrote:I smoked from aged 10,   until I was 64. I then had a Heart Attack witch led to a Quad Bypass !   I now have COPD, all caused by SMOKING.   When your young you think "it wont happen to me"   I'v got news for you, IT WILL.! After 14 years I still long for a smoke on occasions,   it is hard to give up,but worth it.

I have no doubt it could happen nicko or I will get lung cancer

I would rather die young able and hence why I have no fear of death

Not insulting those old here, but the last thing I want when old, is someone wiping my backside. I want to grow old with diginity and then die when I am no longer able to look after myself

If I get terminal cancer, I will just go to Switzerland to ease my pasting

I think everyone should have the ability to have dignity in dying

Last edited by Didge on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:45 am

I smoked from 16 until 23.
Gave up 39 years ago and the smell now makes me physically wretch.
E fags have the same effect.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:00 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 7 3922118137

Cigarette smoking remains the number one voluntary, self-inflicted and avoidable cause of deaths(just ahead of high fat intakes..), disability and lost production  in advanced western countries  --  as well as being a socially disgusting habit...

I never mentioned “leading cause of deaths” - you made that up and also, ecigs aren’t no cigarettes.

Your whole post was nothing to do with this thread.
Perhaps you got muddled.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:06 pm

eddie wrote:

I never mentioned “leading cause of deaths” - you made that up and also, ecigs aren’t no cigarettes.

Perhaps you got muddled.

eds, I'm still interested to know whether or not you'd be OK with people spitting in public eating areas?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Perhaps you got muddled.

eds, I'm still interested to know whether or not you'd be OK with people spitting in public eating areas?

I am still interested to know if you want to be mature/adult enough and actually answer my points

I already answered your dumb question on spitting

Why is it you cannot see your double standards here?

Again I smoke away from people, but I bet you have no objection to going to a barbecue. Even though they are far more harmful when near too?

What this boils down to is seeing smokers as an easy target to pick on and that is what you fail to grasp

As seen you would never apply the same logic to far more harmful things to humans, like cars, planes, industries, barbecues et

Smokers are simple an easy target to have a go at and allows people like you to think its okay to be prejudiced and discriinate against them

Sorry but that makes you a bigot. As its their choice whether to smoke or not and they are well aware of the possible consequences

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:50 pm

I can't believe this is still going on FFS!

so, as I said I smoke and I vape also. It's a self harming, stinky, disgusting habit and as someone else said, we smokers must be insane. I still do it. Why? cos i enjoy it. i can happily go all day not smoking especially if i'm seeing my dad cos he hates it. i may or may not smoke during the day but like to kick back and have a spliff (not in public).

I do however recognise that many people find smoking cigarettes or vaping totally obnoxious. with some people it can make them feel physically sick so i wouln't smoke round people who are clearly not smoking. like i said i would move away - it's respecting other peoples space also.

i'm very glad it has been banned in public places, especially in restaurants. even as a smoker i would want to enjoy eating a meal without having someone elses second hand smoke wafting over me as i eat.

that being said i've been on an almost deserted open air platform before and had a cigarette only to have some dweeb purposely walk about 50 feet towards me to tell me i wasnt allowed to smoke

i wont repeat what i said in reply

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:
Eh?

So me saying I smoke away from people is not good enough

You want to enforce your beliefs onto others and restrict smokers further

Like I said, cars are causing far more harm to everyone and I dont see you champion a view to have cars restricted in plublic places.

If you got your way in enforing your beliefs and restrited me to confined areas in public I would happilly go to court. All you would do is make many enemies out of people When they already smoke away from people

Whats wrong with having a designated area for people who want to smoke in a place where food and drink is being served?

I dont want you caged in a bloody corner, I just want your foul smelling stench away from my food.
If you insist you dont smoke near people when they are eating I wouldnt have a problem with you.

Isn't it hilarious that smoking can be a legal life choice but taking drugs can't?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

What?

Oh so smell is your issue here?

Shall we ban people for being in public when they fart?

Ban people, when you dislike a type of perfume, deodorant, aftershave?

Do you not see how totalitarian you are being?

I mean, where are you going to draw the line on smell here?

Are you now going to ban hands on phsyical workers getting on trains and buses, because they have worked their arse all day and now smell a tad?

I can understand rational arguments based on enclosed spaces, when people smoke. Which can and do cause harm to others but out in the open and you want to ban people, based on your offense here on smell?

Seriously?

Have you not learnt a damn thing?

Only a Far lefty could come out with a view to restrict people based on offense. Being the fact he has not learnt a damn thing from how this very same warped view on offense was used against homosexuals to discriminate against them.

The same sort of lefty who would have no consideration about driving his car daily and the ill effects this has on people

Go figure

Not even going to respond to the bold section based on how utterly retarded it is...

People usually don't fart in public (some do, granted, but sometimes it's unavoidable lol; you know why? Because they know it's rude and disgusting.
People wear deodorant and perfume to AVOID smelling bad. You know why? Because they know smelling of sweat is unpleasant. Should we ban people smelling bad? No, because that's not fair and again, impossible to police.
People also don't tend to spray huge amounts on themselves in public. Know why? Cause they know it's impolite.

So expecting people not to smoke those things in public is hardly unreasonable. It's just being considerate.

Cars we often need, so completely different. IF people NEED to smoke an e-cig or cig and cannot possibly find a designated area, then they have an addiction problem and need to get help Smile

I'm not sure how you can compare smelling of Issy Miyake to an old ashtray? And why would you wear perfume to mask BO?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

My flipping the homeless people smelling was an example of what you do ALL the time.

Of course you smoke, that's why you're being so defensive over this.

Do you like the smell of sweat on men and women in public?
Do you fart in public?

I don't fancy living in China, thanks. They spit in public there and it's perfectly normal and acceptable..
I already live under a dictatorship tbf Wink

I actually do plenty of things for the homeless and why I know for a fact you do nothing. You will be the first to stick your nose up in the air and walk on by.

Be honest now, this is what you always do?

As someone who works voluntary with the homeless and I know it can be unpleasant at times. As people can and are at times living in their own shit and piss. Says to me, you have no idea what you are talking about. You want to do good, but are two faced and the first to walk on by

So it has nothing to do with me smoking, but how I know how you are the kind of hypocritical two faced person you are

As to men and women sweat?

I livedc and worked in the heart of london and got used to this daily

So it did not matter what I liked, it was part of London life, expecially on the tube

I never allowed this to bother me

I bet, you are one of those clean freaks, that has OCD on cleanliness

You are one short stpe away from being a fascist

Laughing

Works on a NHS helpline full time, does voluntary work with the homeless, on forums 24/7. WHERE do you find the time to fart?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well this thread escalated since I last looked at it.

Look, obviously many non-smokers don't like people smoking, which is why smokers should be considerate. However, they are entitled to smoke in the open air, they just need to be mindful of who is around them.

Anyway, this isn't about cigarettes, it's about those vape things. They do seem to give off a lot of vapour, so I don't think they should be allowed in confined spaces like trains and buses. It's just common sense. Eating oranges should also be banned on trains and buses because they smell very strong. Laughing

Anything you put in your lungs is bad unless it's fresh air. Even vapes are bad, IMO. 70 years ago nobody thought fags gave you cancer.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:59 pm

nicko wrote:I smoked from aged 10,   until I was 64. I then had a Heart Attack witch led to a Quad Bypass !   I now have COPD, all caused by SMOKING.   When your young you think "it wont happen to me"   I'v got news for you, IT WILL.! After 14 years I still long for a smoke on occasions,   it is hard to give up,but worth it.

Hey, nicko...god bless. I've had heart surgery too, so I know it's no fun. Good luck and keep going, partner.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:03 pm

don't think so - you can't see a thing when they are on the go lol

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Should E cig users be allowed to vape on buses, trains and in their workplace? - Page 7 DldDdFAX4AALrS6
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Hahaha...I think you are a phony-assed faker.  This thread started about smoking and vaping, and here you are playing whataboutism with barbecues and auto emissions.

It's an old KGB trick.  Twisted Evil

And just like Eilzel, you want to turn this about me

I am not concerned what some Far Right Californian Nationalist thinks of me

Just more poor excuses it seems offered. Where I have rightly shown and proved that some here are more concerned at smokers and vapors. Yet with far worse issues that effect humans they make a complete U-turn and offer poor excuses

I regret making this about you, but unfortunately your deceit requires calling out. If you don't want it to be about you, get someone else to go there. Or, better yet, rethink your logic. If there are other problems in the world, fix them. Meanwhile, this thread is occupied.

Perhaps I am a California Nationalist, but I don't think you will find anyone here calling me Far Right. In truth, I am a Humanist Nationalist...and because California has the best chance of becoming humane in this nation, my money is on the west coast. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:33 pm

If you smoke anything you are an idiot. You don't give a damn about your lungs.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

I actually do plenty of things for the homeless and why I know for a fact you do nothing. You will be the first to stick your nose up in the air and walk on by.

Be honest now, this is what you always do?

As someone who works voluntary with the homeless and I know it can be unpleasant at times. As people can and are at times living in their own shit and piss. Says to me, you have no idea what you are talking about. You want to do good, but are two faced and the first to walk on by

So it has nothing to do with me smoking, but how I know how you are the kind of hypocritical two faced person you are

As to men and women sweat?

I livedc and worked in the heart of london and got used to this daily

So it did not matter what I liked, it was part of London life, expecially on the tube

I never allowed this to bother me

I bet, you are one of those clean freaks, that has OCD on cleanliness

You are one short stpe away from being a fascist

Laughing

Works on a NHS helpline full time, does voluntary work with the homeless,  on forums 24/7.  WHERE do you find the time to fart?

When you fart

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Still waiting Eilzel?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:04 am

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Perhaps you got muddled.

No, I wouldn’t, nor if they shit on my table.
What’s that got to do with ecigs? I thought everyone told didge he was off topic with car emissions....? Spitting?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:06 am

Lurker wrote:If you smoke anything you are an idiot. You don't give a damn about your lungs.

Your opinion on smokers and their lungs, is irrelevant to the topic to be honest.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:21 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Perhaps you got muddled.

No, I wouldn’t, nor if they shit on my table.
What’s that got to do with ecigs?  I thought everyone told didge he was off topic with car emissions....? Spitting?

Because your reason people should be allowed to smoke ecigs is that it's harmless anyway.

Well so is spitting and, like ecigs, it is also disgusting.

If you don't think spitting should be allowed are you being 'precious'?

People are allowed to spit in some restaurants in China, so it isn't unheard of. But I imagine people would be rightly kicked out for the same in the UK.

Ecigs are spitting are both disgusting and shouldn't be allowed where people are eating. Only ecigs are also potentially harmful (google it).
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:24 am

Wow. You kinda stretched the point there, didn’t you?

I could list a whole list of other stuff that some consider “disgusting” and ask you if they should be banned too.

But I won’t.
Because you have a good imagination and you know that the list will never stop.

Then what?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:55 am

eddie wrote:Wow. You kinda stretched the point there, didn’t you?

I could list a whole list of other stuff that some consider “disgusting” and ask you if they should be banned too.

But I won’t.

Then what?

It's not just that it's disgusting with ecigs, it is also the potential to cause harm plus the fact it is 100% unnecessary and avoidable in eating areas.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:33 am

Eilzel wrote:

But I won’t.

Then what?

It's not just that it's disgusting with ecigs, it is also the potential to cause harm plus the fact it is 100% unnecessary and avoidable in eating areas.

Because you don’t like it.
What if you smoked ecigs? Would you find this thread a bit precious?

Let’s face it.
We are all biased.
And hypocritical.
If we like something, it’s okay.
If we don’t. We wanna moan.

It’s that simple.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:11 am

I see the little runt keeps running away from my points

I defend his rights

He attacks mine

Conclusion

He is a bigoted prejudiced wanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:12 am

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

But I won’t.

Then what?

Let’s face it.  
We are all biased.  
And hypocritical.  
If we don’t.  We wanna moan.

It’s that simple.  

Don't you find not wanting people to spit in restaurants a bit precious?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:14 am

Didge wrote:I see the little runt keeps running away from my points

I defend his rights

He attacks mine

Conclusion

I'm not running round in circles with you BS 'but what about' crap.

You just called me a runt and a wanker in one post.

Without provocation.

Do it again and you're in the basement.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:16 am

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Let’s face it.  
We are all biased.  
And hypocritical.  
If we don’t.  We wanna moan.

It’s that simple.  

Don't you find not wanting people to spit in restaurants a bit precious?

Do you find that you are an idiot by backing an antisemitic idiot in Corbyn?

Are you an idiot?

You must be

So who cares about people spitting

If that bothers you then you are an idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:18 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:I see the little runt keeps running away from my points

I defend his rights

He attacks mine

Conclusion

I'm not running round in circles with you BS 'but what about' crap.

You just called me a runt and a wanker in one post.

Without provocation.

Do it again and you're in the basement.

Really?

Is that why you have constantly run away from my points you little runt?

You are nothing more than a snob and a prejudied twat

Period

That is based on you being an elitist dick

And you threaten me with the basement and thus abuse your position

Go fuck yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:33 am

I'm Personally not that phased by the smell of smokers (Dad and several friends are smokers) and think vaping is less intrusive than traditional cigarettes.

But the negative health effects are undeniable and the product offers no value, it not even enjoyable, unless you're addicted. and addictions are bad for peoples well being. SO it's hard to argue against trying to reduce the rate of smoking in society.

It's also proven these sort of policies work in regards to reducing the rate of smoking in society. the biggest decrease being in the rate of people start smoking which is the most import segment because if you never create the addiction you never have to deal with the addiction. which means smoking will naturally be phased out with generational change.

We are seeing this work in Australia right now, young people are not taking up smoking because it is a social limitation, since you always need to go outside for a smoke your not that great to go out with. it's no longer cool, it's not the 'social lubricant' it once was when people sat around the bar a smoked, it's now something which you have to excuse yourself from the Bar(and friends) to do.

So while these policies may be a bitch for current smokers they are undoubtedly better for societies future.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:02 pm

veya wrote:I'm Personally not that phased by the smell of smokers...

Well, I am. The car, the clothes and the breath of a smoker--that sweet, acrid stink--it's all over them. It's like a pig farting in the back seat of your car.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:13 pm

veya wrote:But the negative health effects are undeniable and the product offers no value...

That's the point. The entire practice exists because of a medical addiction, and some vile, avaricious capitalist decided to hook others and make money on the addiction.

If someone decided to infect others with a disease, and then charge exorbitant fees for the survival medication, it couldn't be worse. It's hostage-taking and ransom, straight and simple.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:16 pm

veya wrote:So while these policies may be a bitch for current smokers they are undoubtedly better for societies future.

It's the perfect crime. The perps even have the victims arguing their case for them. To wit: this thread.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:21 pm

The E-Cig users make a fog that looks like the worst day in London. In my opinion it's 10 times worse than regular cigarette smoke. Some of them find it funny when they blow a huge cloud your way. Why can't everybody just quit smoking all this death shit.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Lurker wrote:The E-Cig users make a fog that looks like the worst day in London. In my opinion it's 10 times worse than regular cigarette smoke. Some of them find it funny when they blow a huge cloud your way. Why can't everybody just quit smoking all this death shit.

Because we live in a free world. Don’t turn all right wing on us.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:41 pm

eddie wrote:
Lurker wrote:The E-Cig users make a fog that looks like the worst day in London. In my opinion it's 10 times worse than regular cigarette smoke. Some of them find it funny when they blow a huge cloud your way. Why can't everybody just quit smoking all this death shit.

Because we live in a free world. Don’t turn all right wing on us.

I think that's a perversion of the concept of freedom. Certainly one cannot be addicted, and still be free. It's a loss of freedom internally...handcuffs for the mind.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next