NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.Dreams Do Come True: Watch 36-Year-old With Cerebral Palsy Experience the Beach for the First Time

2 posters

Go down

.Dreams Do Come True: Watch 36-Year-old With Cerebral Palsy Experience the Beach for the First Time Empty .Dreams Do Come True: Watch 36-Year-old With Cerebral Palsy Experience the Beach for the First Time

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:59 pm

It has been 21 years since this man has left his hometown – so when his friends recently surprised him with his first-ever trip to the beach, he was understandably awestruck.

The last time that David Thomas ventured outside of Jefferson County, Alabama, he was a 15-year-old boy on a field trip.

Though he has always dreamed of going to the beach, his cerebral palsy has made it difficult for him to get around because of his wheelchair.

Upon hearing about this, his friends from church took the 36-year-old man on a vacation to Panama City, Florida. They even got him a special wheelchair so he could traverse across the sands.

Listening to the waves crash on the beach, watching the water, and feeling the sand between his toes, Thomas was overcome with emotion.

“It was a place I always wanted to go,” he told WJHG. “It took me years to get here but God made a way for me to get here. I never imagined it looking like this, but it’s beautiful. I love it and don’t want to go home.”

“I never really go anywhere so it’s just like a dream come true,” he added. “This one moment I’ll never forget. No matter how old I may be, I will never forget this.”

Thomas hopes that his “dream come true” will inspire other people with disabilities to keep hope and never give up on their dreams.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/dreams-do-come-true-watch-36-year-old-with-cerebral-palsy-experience-the-beach-for-the-first-time/

Now that is beautiful Smile

Back to top Go down

.Dreams Do Come True: Watch 36-Year-old With Cerebral Palsy Experience the Beach for the First Time Empty Re: .Dreams Do Come True: Watch 36-Year-old With Cerebral Palsy Experience the Beach for the First Time

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:14 pm

How wonderful. Thx for sharing that, didge.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

.Dreams Do Come True: Watch 36-Year-old With Cerebral Palsy Experience the Beach for the First Time Empty Re: .Dreams Do Come True: Watch 36-Year-old With Cerebral Palsy Experience the Beach for the First Time

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:How wonderful.  Thx for sharing that, didge.

You are welcome mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Heartwarming. I love you
We take so much for granted when we are able bodied....stories like this make us realise that for many people, the simple pleasures in life are not so easy to achieve.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Syl wrote:Heartwarming. I love you
We take so much for granted when we are able bodied....stories like this make us realise that for many people, the simple pleasures in life are not so easy to achieve.

+1

Have a good evening Syl

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:33 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:Heartwarming. I love you

+1

Have a good evening Syl

Laters

Ditto Didge...off myself now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down