NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain ‘should learn from Japan’ when it comes to care of the elderly

3 posters

Go down

Britain ‘should learn from Japan’ when it comes to care of the elderly Empty Britain ‘should learn from Japan’ when it comes to care of the elderly

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2018 5:36 am

Britain should learn from the Japanese model of social care, which has compulsory insurance and pensioners encouraged to take part in tai chi and origami to combat loneliness, a think tank suggests. Ministers are due to publish a green paper on social care this summer, with proposals on how best to fund care for an ageing population.

The Nuffield Trust said lessons should be learned from the system in Japan, which it said was far more “transparent and fair” in ensuring that people knew what they would have to pay for.

The think tank said Japan had struggled with the same problems facing the UK, with hospitals becoming “defacto nursing homes” with long stays in hospital for want of state-funded social care.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/08/britain-should-learn-japan-comes-care-elderly/

Back to top Go down

Britain ‘should learn from Japan’ when it comes to care of the elderly Empty Re: Britain ‘should learn from Japan’ when it comes to care of the elderly

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 09, 2018 10:45 am

I've got a living will stipulating not to drag me back to life again and again if I get ill if I'm suffering from dementia or some terminal or debilitating disease. Everyone should consider getting one.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Britain ‘should learn from Japan’ when it comes to care of the elderly Empty Re: Britain ‘should learn from Japan’ when it comes to care of the elderly

Post by nicko Wed May 09, 2018 10:53 am

I'v got one, DNR on medical records !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 09, 2018 11:28 am

HoratioTarr wrote:I've got a living will stipulating not to drag me back to life again and again if I get ill if I'm suffering from dementia or some terminal or debilitating  disease.    Everyone should consider getting one.  

I will certainly consider getting one, hopefully though euthanasia will be legalised in the next few years.

There are so many points to consider though. Dementia is a blanket term for many symptoms, no one travels the same road. My mum was never diagnosed with dementia, she knew everyone, could still relate to people normally half the time, yet in other ways she was far worse than many people with recognisable more obvious signs of dementia.

Many people don't realise themselves they have dementia, they blame others for their condition......so when would the cut off point be?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down