NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can US trigger-happy cops learn from Britain's gunless police?

Go down

What can US trigger-happy cops learn from Britain's gunless police?   Empty What can US trigger-happy cops learn from Britain's gunless police?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:50 am

To join the few and the proud who police Britain’s streets with a gun, first you have to walk the beat unarmed for years. Then there is the rigorous selection process — an unforgiving complement of fitness tests, psychological appraisals and marksmanship exams. Finally, there is the training, which involves endless drilling on even the most routine scenarios. “They rehearse those situations like a SEAL team trying to get into Osama bin Laden’s compound,” Cambridge University criminologist Lawrence Sherman said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/what-can-us-triggerhappy-cops-learn-from-britains-gunless-police-10316119.html

Back to top Go down

What can US trigger-happy cops learn from Britain's gunless police?   Empty Re: What can US trigger-happy cops learn from Britain's gunless police?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:41 am

I think they are dealing with a completely different problem in the use, if they jumped in to gun wielding gangs with just batons it would be a blood bath....
They have a gun society and I think they should do there utmost to keep their right to carry guns and should not let the govt. take that away.
We are a relatively gun free society and as such the risk to our police is far different.
When they say trigger happy I think it is unfair, when you consider a basic traffic stop in the states could lead to an officer getting shot it is hardly surprising if you risk your life every time you stop a car mistakes will be made, when you compare the amount of incidents of officers making poor decisions to the amount of arrests I think like our Police they do a very difficult job very well..

Back to top Go down