NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...?

+4
Ben Reilly
Syl
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Go down

Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? Empty Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...?

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 am

Anyone know what's happened, and why...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? Empty Re: Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...?

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am

the www.newsfixboard.com domain seems to be expiring.
not sure if this is what your talking about

you can use the direct address https://newsfix.niceboard.com

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? Empty Re: Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...?

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:26 am

Thank you Veya... that is exactly what I was talking about...!

How long has "https://newsfix.niceboard.com" been in existence as a direct web address...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 am

since forever I think, it was the original address.
but we 'won' the www. address from memory(it was a while ago), not sure maybe we have to pay now Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 2190311264
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 am

Thanks again...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 am

I got that page...it's gone back to normal now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:27 am

It did revert back to the original URL, "newsfix.niceboard.com," but I ponied up a whopping $12.40 tonight to sort the fucker out.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:32 am

Shall we have a whip round? Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 709505090
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:43 am

Syl wrote:Shall we have a whip round? Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 709505090

I don't know what "whip round" means, you British lunatic.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:46 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:Shall we have a whip round? Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 709505090

She’s offering you money you Texan freak.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:48 am

I actually looked up the origin of that phrase, did you know it comes from the orgies in ancient Rome?

Yeah, they were a lot more organized than one might think. Sort of takes the fun out of it if you ask me, but there you go.

So the orgies had rounds, and at a certain point it got a bit kinky and out came the whips.

Hence, the modern phrase "whip round." Sounds a bit nice, eh edds? Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 am

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:I actually looked up the origin of that phrase, did you know it comes from the orgies in ancient Rome?

Yeah, they were a lot more organized than one might think. Sort of takes the fun out of it if you ask me, but there you go.

So the orgies had rounds, and at a certain point it got a bit kinky and out came the whips.

Actually Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3893789544
it's from British Fox Hunts "send the whip around" to get enough money off participants to buy a Keg of Booze after the Hunt.
the Whip being a servant that kept the dogs in line with a whip Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:11 am

We can do the whip thing but only if we get the twelve something dolla from the other whips thing for to purchase a new whip, henceforth.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:47 am

eddie wrote:We can do the whip thing but only if we get the twelve something dolla from the other whips thing for to purchase a new whip, henceforth.

No, because you didn't say Tally HO whippity whip Like Proper English gentry
Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? Tally
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:56 am

Hahahahhha that is very true.

Oh! Bippety Boppety!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 pm

I now withdraw my offer of a whip round, you ignorant yank. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 pm

The board is different, I have to go searching for smileys and there is no welcome at the top...where when one clicked you got all your info of past and answered posts quickly and easily.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm

As you were....found them. Razz cheers bounce
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:04 pm

I had a completely different board last night, couldn't get on here at all.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:25 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:I actually looked up the origin of that phrase, did you know it comes from the orgies in ancient Rome?

Actually  Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3893789544  
it's from British Fox Hunts "send the whip around" to get enough money off participants to buy a Keg of Booze after the Hunt.
the Whip being a servant that kept the dogs in line with a whip Wink

A whip round
Other phrases about:
Money and wealth
Sports and games
What's the meaning of the phrase 'A Whip round'?
An impromptu collection of money from a group of people, in order to fund some joint enterprise.

What's the origin of the phrase 'A Whip round'?

So, why is the collection of funds called a whip round? This expression is very much 'made in England' as it derives from fox hunting, the British Army and parliament.

In 19th century foxhunts, people were employed to stop the hounds from straying by using whips to keep them in place. Such people became known as 'whippers in' or simply 'whips'. This term has been perpetuated in the British House of Commons where the word 'whip' again does double duty, as it is both the name of the officers whose job it is to guide straying MPs into the voting lobbies, that is, to 'whip up' enthusiasm for a particular vote, and is also the name of the coercion process itself, which is called 'the whip'.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/whip-round.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:35 pm

I immediately thought of reach around. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Maddog wrote:

I immediately thought of reach around.  Shocked

What's a reach round?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I immediately thought of reach around.  Shocked

What's a reach round?

Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3489511464 Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3489511464 Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3489511464
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 pm

lol!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:15 pm

What? Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 2190311264
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 pm

I dunno either Syl Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3296370939
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:27 pm

magica wrote:I dunno either Syl Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3296370939
Well Im not googling. Last time I tried to find something out I didnt understand, I managed to get some very graphic pics of naked gay men up.... Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Lol Syl, bet its a dirty word, we just never heard it before.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm

magica wrote:Lol Syl, bet its a dirty word, we just never heard it before.
I'll ask HT later, she has been around.  Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:18 am

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I dunno either Syl Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? 3296370939
Well Im not googling. Last time I tried to find something out I didnt understand, I managed to get some very graphic pics of naked gay men up.... Shocked

Was that when you looked up 'rusty trombone'...?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:33 am

Or was it the time when you were looking for a new house, and you googled "large semi 3 bed cottage uphill garden"...!?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:07 am

Syl wrote:

Good Guess Razz Razz Razz Razz
You will get more pics of Gay men if you google it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:17 am

eddie wrote:We can do the whip thing but only if we get the twelve something dolla from the other whips thing for to purchase a new whip, henceforth.

Is it just me... or has something changed about this site...? OXU2YPc
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down