NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You've changed

4 posters

Go down

You've changed Empty You've changed

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm

It's scientific:

Against all evidence, most people seem to believe that who they are now is pretty much who they will be forever.

For example, the average 33-year-old surveyed expected less change over the next decade than the average 43-year-old reported actually had occurred over the past decade. As the paper says, “People, it seems, regard the present as a watershed moment at which they have finally become the person[s] they will be for the rest of their lives.” Although personality and values do tend to become more stable with age, people generally underestimate the extent of future personality shifts. The researchers call this phenomenon “the end of history illusion.”

http://healthland.time.com/2013/01/04/our-personalities-are-constantly-changing-even-if-we-think-theyre-not/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

You've changed Empty Re: You've changed

Post by Lurker Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Interesting. I think that all depends on individual circumstances. Some people are content with never changing anything; others are all about change.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by DrSchool Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:09 am

Ha, the title made me think of Mr. Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FoHzPSynEg

DrSchool
DrSchool
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 19, 2018 11:48 pm

In the past five years, I've gotten engaged, left the country for the first time in my life, written a book, changed jobs.

But you know what? I'm still the exact same weight! And I still have this greasy-ass beard! And a shiny fucking bald head!

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 19, 2018 11:50 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:In the past five years, I've gotten engaged, left the country for the first time in my life, written a book, changed jobs.

But you know what? I'm still the exact same weight! And I still have this greasy-ass beard! And a shiny fucking bald head!

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Well. This was a total shitfest of a thread to be fair. It’s why I ignored it the first time around.
Be more better dude.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2018 11:53 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:In the past five years, I've gotten engaged, left the country for the first time in my life, written a book, changed jobs.

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with having the sun and moon bounce off your head.... Laughing

As to being a lard arse, stop using your car and start walking... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 20, 2018 12:52 am

Didge wrote:

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 20, 2018 9:54 am

Didge wrote:

FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

Well, to be fair.... both our beards are so long and heavy with chip fat and burger sauce and our arses are so humongous that we can barely get out of a door.
Surely walking to the toilet and back is enough exercise?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down