NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV

2 posters

Go down

Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV Empty Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been criticised after telling a girl in military uniform that she would be honoured if killed while fighting.

"If she's martyred, they'll lay a flag on her," he told the sobbing girl at a televised congress of his AK Party.

His supporters cheered "Chief! Take us to Afrin!", in reference to Turkey's operations against Kurdish fighters in Syria's northern Afrin region.

The speech has been described as "child abuse" and a glorification of death.

In the event, broadcast live on state television, the young girl dressed as a soldier seems to catch the attention of Mr Erdogan, who then invites her to the stage.

"Look what you see here! Girl, what are you doing here? We have our maroon berets here, but maroon berets never cry," he told her, referring to the beret worn by the Turkish Special Operations Forces.

"She has a Turkish flag in her pocket too... If she's martyred, they'll lay a flag on her, God willing," he said during the congress in the southern town of Kahramanmaras on Saturday.

"She is ready for everything, isn't she?" The girl replied: "Yes."

Mr Erdogan then kissed her face and let her go. The girl has not been identified and was not immediately clear why she was wearing a military uniform.

Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV _100181061_73977c1a-e90b-4426-baee-7b9b46732e52

Users on Twitter have condemned Mr Erdogan's speech, with one comparing it to "child abuse".

Another comment read: "It's a shame, it's very bad. She's just a child, you don't wish her dead and you don't say 'God willing' for that!"

He has not yet responded to the criticism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43196397

Back to top Go down

Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV Empty Re: Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:12 pm

War is pushed down children’s throats every fucking day, in some way or another, in those countries.
War makes money. Until it stops doing that, then we may as well give up the war on fighting against war.

Money. Money. Money.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV Empty Re: Turkey's Erdogan in row over 'girl martyr' comment on TV

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:16 pm

eddie wrote:War is pushed down children’s throats every fucking day, in some way or another, in those countries.
War makes money. Until it stops doing that, then we may as well give up the war on fighting against war.

Money. Money. Money.

Maybe we can declare war on war. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:War is pushed down children’s throats every fucking day, in some way or another, in those countries.

Money. Money. Money.

Maybe we can declare war on war.  Wink

No. That’s too complicated and contradictory and I hate both those things.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Money. Money. Money.

That makes no sense.

Wars cost a nation countless money and are not economially viable

This needs to be taken in to the context it is

Islamic martydom, where children and not just here are taught to die in the cause of Allah

That is the point you should be taking from this and how such teaching is allowed, when its clearly child abuse..

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Can you follow me round tonight and tell me what other points I should be taking from what I read?

I made my post, I stick by it. Not sure I have much else to contribute.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:07 pm

eddie wrote:Can you follow me round tonight and tell me what other points I should be taking from what I read?

I made my post, I stick by it. Not sure I have much else to contribute.

So I am not allowed to comment on posts to a thread I started?

Paranoid much?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:15 pm

One could never accuse me of being paranoid, to be fair. I rarely think there’s much to worry about in regard what others think of me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:17 pm

eddie wrote:One could never accuse me of being paranoid, to be fair. I rarely think there’s much to worry about in regard what others think of me.

So what is wrong in me replying to your posts?

Am I or am I not allowed to counter views made by people on this forum?

Yes or no?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:20 pm

“That is the point you should be taking from this”
That’s what you said.

I don’t think you should tell me what points I should be taking.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:21 pm

eddie wrote:“That is the point you should be taking from this”
That’s what you said.

I don’t think you should tell me what points I should be taking.

Why not?

Is it possible you have missed the main problem here?

Is it wrong to point that out?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:24 pm

It’s not wrong of you to point it out, it’s your perogative, and it’s a free speech forum.
I never said it was wrong, I implied heavily that I didn’t much like it.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:34 pm

Didge wrote:

Money. Money. Money.

That makes no sense.

Islamic martydom, where children and not just here are taught to die in the cause of Allah

That is the point you should be taking from this and how such teaching is allowed, when its clearly child abuse..

War, like all government spending, profits someone. I'm not saying governments only wage war for the profit of their cronies, because many countries don't have their own arms manufacturers, but there is no doubt that war is in the best interest of defense contractors.

For something that's not economically viable, there sure is a lot of it in one region of the world.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:35 pm

eddie wrote:It’s not wrong of you to point it out, it’s your perogative, and it’s a free speech forum.

So what you are saying is what you normally do. Place your hands over your ears and go:
"la la la, I m not listening"

No worries, closed minded as seen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:36 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

That makes no sense.

War, like all government spending, profits someone. I'm not saying governments only wage war for the profit of their cronies, because many countries don't have their own arms manufacturers, but there is no doubt that war is in the best interest of defense contractors.

For something that's not economically viable, there sure is a lot of it in one region of the world.      

Does it profit the nation?

How many wars have made a profit for a nation?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, it creates debt usually. But so does a lot of government spending and those doing the spending don't seem very worried about it. Guess that's what happens when your spending other people's money.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:46 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:It’s not wrong of you to point it out, it’s your perogative, and it’s a free speech forum.

So what you are saying is what you normally do. Place your hands over your ears and go:

p

Yeah, it’s possible I bit more than I might normally - on this thread I may have overreacted.
I am not in a great mood to be fair.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

No, it creates debt usually. But so does a lot of government spending and those doing the spending don't seem very worried about it. Guess that's what happens when your spending other people's money.  

So its clearly not something finnacially motivated by a government?

Thats is not its main reasoning and as seen here, what is?

martydom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

p

Yeah, it’s possible I bit more than I might normally - on this thread I may have overreacted.

Life is short Eddie, what ever it is bothering you, put behind you, live for the now.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

p

Live is short Eddie, what ever it is bothering you, put behind you, live for the now.

Oh yeah I know that. My moods are fleeting mostly.
I just like to admit when I am not necessarily right. It’s important to me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Live is short Eddie, what ever it is bothering you, put behind you, live for the now.

Oh yeah I know that.  My moods are fleeting mostly.
I just like to admit when I am not necessarily right. It’s important to me.

I dont discount how personally you are honest in how you are

Never have, I will question honesty on views on debate, which as seen can be effected, even with me with emotions

The first step is recognizing something is not right. Dont allow it to vester and become many more problems.

Its simple not worth it and you are at times like me Eddie, very stubborn

Not knocking either.

Deep breath in and out and see what ever it is that is bothering you without conlicting emotions

Then you will be able to resolve what ever it is

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:07 pm

True words Mr Didge.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down