NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Working With Terminally-Ill Cancer Patients, Here's A List Of What They Say You Should Appreciate While You're Alive

Go down

After Working With Terminally-Ill Cancer Patients, Here's A List Of What They Say You Should Appreciate While You're Alive Empty After Working With Terminally-Ill Cancer Patients, Here's A List Of What They Say You Should Appreciate While You're Alive

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:35 pm

The things my patients say they'll miss the most are NOT seeing the World Landmarks, buying fancy things, that new car, "living it up" party style, etc.

The List

1. Watching my sons throw a baseball.

2. Listening to my grandparents tell stories.

3. My girlfriend surprising me with a kiss on the cheek.

4. Holding my wife in my arms knowing there's no where in the world I'd rather be.

5. Gram's Sunday dinners and the whole family getting together.

6. My dog.

7. Seeing my fiancé smile and feeling his arms wrap around me.

8. My daughter running to me when I get home.

9. The smell of flowers and rain.

10. The day I got married. I said I never would. And then I met her. And now I have to leave her.

11. Smelling the fireplace on Christmas morning with the family.

12. All my friends.

13. Watching my family sleep.

14. The rush of weekday mornings. I know it sounds crazy, but I'll miss it. I'll miss the coffee, the crowded bathrooms, my wife's quick peck goodbye, the kids forgetting their lunch.. you get my point.

15. Rain. Is that weird?.

Notice none of these things cost any money. They don't include technology. They're not grand gestures.

It's human to human (or animals/nature) interaction, something we need more of in world that's becoming more fast paced and less human every day.

So revamp your bucket list. Live in the moment. Put down your phone. Notice the people around you.

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2423/After-Working-With-Terminally-Ill-Cancer-Patients-Here-s-A-List-Of-What-They-Say-You-Should-Appreciate-While-You-re-Alive

Back to top Go down

After Working With Terminally-Ill Cancer Patients, Here's A List Of What They Say You Should Appreciate While You're Alive Empty Re: After Working With Terminally-Ill Cancer Patients, Here's A List Of What They Say You Should Appreciate While You're Alive

Post by Syl Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:44 am

Proves if proof were needed that it's family that makes most people happy...and the simple things in life are the ones we yearn for when the end is approaching.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down