NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms.

+2
eddie
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms. Empty Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms.

Post by Syl Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:40 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/38293294

"He [the boy in the latest case] was more concerned about missing Christmas than he was about dying. All he knew was he didn't feel good."
Mr Schmitt-Matzen said he gave the boy a toy from the television show PAW Patrol that his mother had purchased.
The boy asked him where he was going after he died, and Mr Schmitt-Matzen told him he was "Santa's Number One elf" and he would be welcomed.
The child then sat up to give his visitor a hug and he asked one final question: "Santa, can you help me?"
Moments later, he died in Mr Schmitt-Matzen's arms."

Heartbreakingly sad.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms. Empty Re: Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms.

Post by eddie Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Oh I wish I'd never read that. Shit.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms. Empty Re: Terminally ill boy dies in Santas arms.

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Sad
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 pm

I read it last night Eddie but couldn't post it because I was on OH's tablet (it's confusing)
I went to bed and just couldn't stop thinking of this poor little boy and his family....it's just so heartbreaking, he was five years old.

But I think stories like this are important to read, I agree they are very hard though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:23 pm

I'm too hyper-sensitive about some things (most things) and then they affect my mood if I don't get on top of it.

I agree though, we need to know. Thanks for posting it up.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:58 pm

Oh well that's done me for the day now!

I hate reading these sad stories but then we have to be grateful we have life and our families, and enjoy it instead of moaning about things.

So sad Sad
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Bless him.
There is nothing harder than looking a child directly in the eye and explaining to them they are going to die.  Even 'regular' doctors and nurses cannot cope with caring for such children on a daily basis - it takes a very special person indeed. The medics who care for terminally ill kids in hospices are a special breed - a subgroup within a subgroup.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:51 pm

They are indeed Jules.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:29 pm

Jules wrote:Bless him.
There is nothing harder than looking a child directly in the eye and explaining to them they are going to die.  Even 'regular' doctors and nurses cannot cope with caring for such children on a daily basis - it takes a very special person indeed. The medics who care for terminally ill kids in hospices are a special breed - a subgroup within a subgroup.

I don't know how they do it either. They must have an 'off' switch to be able to cope with all the tragedy they see on  a daily basis.
All that sadness, probably most of it from the families, I have heard young children are very philosophical about their own pending death much more than adult are.

This little boy said "Santa, can you help me?" then quietly passed away....it's utterly heart breaking.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:13 pm

The paper that originally reported this story no longer stands behind it: http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/local/2016/12/14/story-santa-claus-dying-child-cant-verified/95423868/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

That's odd.
Maybe the little boys family didn't want any publicity, which would be understandable.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down