NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more snowflake parents

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

more snowflake parents - Page 2 Empty more snowflake parents

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://news.sky.com/story/child-traumatised-by-shopping-centres-reindeer-decoration-in-christmas-grotto-11141205

tell the brat to get a grip FGS.

I've already told my grandaughte that christmas is cancelled, cos I've turned rudolph etc into reindeer burgers...and sold em to Ikea....(who sell.......reindeer burgers)

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

more snowflake parents - Page 2 Empty Re: more snowflake parents

Post by Vintage Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:27 pm

It seems that people have had to believe in something since time immemorial. If you don't believe in anything religious what is the motivation? There isn't any peoples that I can think of who haven't invented a religion, even communists have a religion, it doesn't have rites and services as a 'normal' religion or does it but it's still a religion of sorts and worships the state, yet people are still divided into the haves and have nots, although perhaps its not so rigid about people moving from one to the other.
I think its a basic need in people - a way to understand and accept things that are bad in your life, a way to live with adversity that you can't explain or can't control, so conversley you have to give thanks for the good things that happen to you again that you don't control.
Its difficult, at least as far as I can see for people to live without any faith, especially if you have been brought up in it, I have failed to divest myself of all belief however hard I try, I still find myself on occasions asking 'god' why is this happening to me, especially lately with a health problem, I then the next minute I wonder why, I am in reality, I talking to myself. Maybe people who have never been brought up in a faith don't have this problem but I get the impression that they find a faith/ ideology and follow that 'religiously' whatever that may be. many young people say the gag culture is what sustains them in place of family discipline and religion.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Vintage wrote:It seems that people have had to believe in something since time immemorial. If you don't believe in anything religious what is the motivation?
Didge wrote:You ask what is the motivation?
Enjoying life.

Why do you need to believe in something, that you cannot even argue or reason or back up with evidence to exist, when what is before your eyes, does exist?

There isn't any peoples that I can think of who haven't invented a religion, even communists have a religion, it doesn't have rites and services as a 'normal' religion or does it but it's still a religion of sorts and worships the state, yet people are still divided into the haves and have nots, although perhaps its not so rigid about people moving from one to the other.
Didge wrote:You are confusing things here based on ideologies.

Some religiouns are political and some are not political

Communism, is not a religion, as what is the supernatural belief here?

So I have to disagree, its not a religion.

It can crtainly be followed religiously. That just shows that it is followed with a passion, dogmatically. Hence a view to follow someothing religiously. Which shows how the word has many meanings and how people easily confuse them.

For example, I follow Arsenal religiously, as I love watching them and have always gone to many games.

That does not make me see them as something supernatural does it? This is the problem with our language.
In how people associate the word relgiously in the wrong context at times.

I think its a basic need in people  - a way to understand and accept things that are bad in your life, a way to live with adversity that you can't explain or can't control, so conversley you have to give thanks for the good things that happen to you again that you don't control.
Didge wrote:I think it boils down inadvertantly as a fear. As you do not need to understand many things in life based on books that are in the main fables.

I mean does a child need to read the bible or the quran, to understand if its fair to provide food to them or withold this from them?
Its difficult, at least as far as I can see for people to live without any faith, especially if you have been brought up in it, I have failed to divest myself of all belief however hard I try, I still find myself on occasions asking 'god' why is this happening to me, especially lately with a health problem, I then the next minute I wonder why, I am in reality, I talking to myself. Maybe people who have never been brought up in a faith don't have this problem but I get the impression that they find a faith/ ideology and follow that 'religiously' whatever that may be. many young people say the gag culture is what sustains them in place of family discipline and religion.

You are making a wrong assumption here.
I do have faith and that you do not have to be religious to have faith.
People have this misconception, that faith is formed and only rom religion.
Its not, as what about faith in people?

Its interesting your last points and hope you are okay Vintage?

I see your point how people find religious faith and belief and it can certainly be very helpfull to those who do fear and be able to overcome fears. Espically with those facing death.

You make some very interesting points. I certainly cannot answer them, as within each person they have to find their own paths. The reality is I have accepted a long time ago, that one day i will die. It could even be tomorrow. That is pour fates. The reality is, If I do die, I am certainly not going to ponder this am I. Which is what I think most people fall down on.

Many people want there to be something more. So they sign up to something like religion, in the hope, they will be saved. Failing to understand it is religion that is controlling them. If I am wrong and there is a God, so be it. I take it this way. If this god is loving, why would it then punish me? It it did punish me, it would not be loving and not worthy of even worshipping in the first place. I do not totally discount everytyhing, but I am not going to live my life in fear of the end. As I have overcome that a long time ago. To be honest, I have never felt more alive for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:12 am

I agree for the most part, faith is one thing religion is quite another. I'm sad for the people who are ruled in everything they do by religious dogma. If there is a god he/she/it must be bigger than to be insulted etc. if its that powerful, thats nothing surely. It has to be what is in your heart and mind and you don't need to be scared of a hellish place to be good to your fellow man. Religion is a control system at worst and a coping system at best.
I had a problem found early, it was sorted, at least I hope, I find though, my mental and physical strengths are not as they were, my concentration is awful right now but I am beginning to get more good days than bad it looks like it will all continue to improve but it seems a long haul anyhow I'm still here thanks to medical progress that's the main thing, only a few years ago I'd have been a 'goner' for sure, now I have a good chance of being here as long as anyone. Just think at one time and with some religions/cultures whatever happened to you was 'god's will', why would a loving father figure god want anyone to suffer so much as so many did and to an extent still do with so many diseases? I know my biological father would never want me to suffer in any way.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:27 am

Vintage wrote:I agree for the most part, faith is one thing religion is quite another. I'm sad for the people who are ruled in everything they do by religious dogma. If there is a god he/she/it must be bigger than to be insulted etc. if its that powerful, thats nothing surely. It has to be what is in your heart and mind and you don't need to be scared of a hellish place to be good to your fellow man. Religion is a control system at worst and a coping system at best.
I had a problem found early,  it was sorted, at least I hope, I find though, my mental and physical strengths are not as they were, my concentration is awful right now but I am beginning to get more good days than bad  it looks like it will all continue to improve but it seems a long haul anyhow I'm still here thanks to medical progress that's the main thing, only a few years ago I'd have been a 'goner' for sure, now I have a good chance of being here as long as anyone. Just think at one time and with some religions/cultures whatever happened to you was 'god's will', why would a loving father figure god want anyone to suffer so much as so many did and to an extent still do with so many diseases? I know my biological father would never want me to suffer in any way.

I am really sorry to hear Vintage, that you have been going through this.
Nothing worse and i am glad you are better now. I am thankful for that.
I know its personal, so I will not pry.

I suppose when you face such realities it does make you sit up and think about things more than we normally would.

You need to be in that situation to understand and i do understand. Treatments can have such a huge effect metally and physically.

Its what happens to people when ill, the question, why me? I am an athiest and think that we as humans can be very arrogant to think we are special over all other species. That we have an afterlife. To me, if there is a deity, a creator of such high intelligence. It would be devoid of emotions and we were be mere experiments. This planet being part of the possible outcomes from a big bang. If life could form.

I do not want you to suffer, just be strong, as i know you are strong willed.

Live for the moment and enjoy life, its a waste not to.

All the best Vintage and very happy you are better now.

Thanks for the interesting chat

Night.x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2