NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The C word.

+10
Cass
Original Quill
eddie
nicko
Victorismyhero
HoratioTarr
Fred Moletrousers
SEXY MAMA
magica
Syl
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The C word. - Page 3 Empty The C word.

Post by Syl Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has anyone even thought about it yet? The C word. - Page 3 Santa-jumping-smiley-emoticon
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The C word. - Page 3 Empty Re: The C word.

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Syl wrote:Nice to see the Christmas spirit is alive and well. lol!

Yeah, I take the blame. (I'll get it anyway!)

I'll go and flagellate myself and say twenty Hail Marys if it will keep Sassy quiet.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
sassy wrote:So, if I wrote:

But entered then a hefty bloke,
known to all as Smelly,
Who took a splendid flying kick
right into stupid Fred's belly.

you would think that amusing.

It seems advocating violence is ok in your book and funny.   I think that says a lot more about you than it does me Fred, and the fact you can't stand someone disagreeing with you, even more.

Taken in context with the rest of the post, yes I would take it as amusing. I would, of course, take issue with the word "stupid" (which I did not use against you) but I wouldn't allow myself to descend into a state of righteous hysteria over it.

And frankly, I couldn't care a fish's tit whether you disagree with me or not...in a discussion forum I would be disappointed if others did not argue with my own views because otherwise actually discussing issues would be meaningless.

But then, I'm not an unquestioning and sycophantic propagandist for a political party and a faithful disciple of that party's institutional racism.

That Fred, is exactly what you are. If you weren't worried about me disagreeing with you, you would not have posted the above, which was obviously because you couldn't cope. You pretend to be a gentleman. My father is a gentleman, my partner is a gentleman, all the men in my family, rich or poor, are gentlemen and would be utterly appalled by anyone writing those lines. You obviously think they are normal. You obviously are no kind of gentleman. Now, perhaps in the morning when you have come to your senses, you might reconsider your position. Just think about how you would feel if someone had written those lines about a woman in your family. You might then manage to try to be a gentleman, but I won't hold my breath, because I don't think you know what the word means.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Syl wrote:Nice to see the Christmas spirit is alive and well. lol!

Well, it was Syl, until Fred decided the vent his frustration as being thwarted and turned into a literary thug.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 am

Im sorry I mentioned the poem theme now. The C word. - Page 3 3201073460
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am

sassy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Taken in context with the rest of the post, yes I would take it as amusing. I would, of course, take issue with the word "stupid" (which I did not use against you) but I wouldn't allow myself to descend into a state of righteous hysteria over it.

And frankly, I couldn't care a fish's tit whether you disagree with me or not...in a discussion forum I would be disappointed if others did not argue with my own views because otherwise actually discussing issues would be meaningless.

But then, I'm not an unquestioning and sycophantic propagandist for a political party and a faithful disciple of that party's institutional racism.

That Fred, is exactly what you are.   If you weren't worried about me disagreeing with you, you would not have posted the above, which was obviously because you couldn't cope.   You pretend to be a gentleman.   My father is a gentleman, my partner is a gentleman, all the men in my family, rich or poor, are gentlemen and would be utterly appalled by anyone writing those lines.   You obviously think they are normal.   You obviously are no kind of gentleman.   Now, perhaps in the morning when you have come to your senses, you might reconsider your position.   Just think about how you would feel if someone had written those lines about a woman in your family.   You might then manage to try to be a gentleman, but I won't hold my breath, because I don't think you know what the word means.

Yeah, right. You would be astounded at the amount of sleep that I lose worrying about whether you disagree with me or not.

Or then again, perhaps not.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:08 am

I think we should all have a Christmas meet up.
I bet the people who are at each others throats on here would end up best friends. The C word. - Page 3 2089010162
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:09 am

Syl wrote:Im sorry I mentioned the poem theme now. The C word. - Page 3 3201073460

I really must try to find my piece about Lady Priscilla's letters to Captain The Hon. Nigel Fauntleroy-Carruthers...it might calm things down a bit.

Then again, Sassy would only accuse me of promoting upper class Tory values.....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:10 am

Syl wrote:I think we should all have a Christmas meet up.
I bet the people who are at each others throats on here would end up best friends. The C word. - Page 3 2089010162

Or pistols at dawn, Syl......
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:12 am

Well either way it wouldn't be boring. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:21 am

Syl wrote:Well either way it wouldn't be boring. Cool

That might depend on who pulled the trigger first....
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:32 am

My offering. santa

Petals of snow kiss my lips, sharp winds begin to bite
yet beauty is all around this dark forsaken night.

Look closely, see the star, it's constant presence felt,
and better men than me have bowed their heads and knelt.

So open up your eyes, the joy is there to see,
embrace the peace of Christmastime, the gift of love is free.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:42 am

Syl wrote:My offering. santa

That's quite beautiful.

The classical composer John Rutter takes verses like that and bases his modern carols on them. I believe The Star Carol is one example.

I have managed to get a couple of tickets to his concert in the Royal Albert Hall next month, and I just can't wait. For me it will be the real start to Christmas.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:My offering. santa

That's quite beautiful.

The classical composer John Rutter takes verses like that and bases his modern carols on them. I believe The Star Carol is one example.

I have managed to get a couple of tickets to his concert in the Royal Albert Hall next month, and I just can't wait. For me it will be the real start to Christmas.

Thanks Fred, I will look up some of his work tomorrow.
Its nice to have festive things to look forwards to and put you in the mood for Christmas.

I made my poem up and put it on Rags forum ages ago. I just logged in there to read the old thread, there were some really good offerings on that thread.....brought back some nice memories.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:23 am

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

That's quite beautiful.

Its nice to have festive things to look forwards to and put you in the mood for Christmas.

I made my poem up and put it on Rags forum ages ago. I just logged in there to read the old thread, there were some really good offerings on that thread.....brought back some nice memories.

I have always envied anyone who can write truly beautiful poetry; it's one literary skill that has always eluded me.

I used to write light comedy stuff including, believe it or not, pantomime scripts as my form of escapism from the pressures of my daily work in serious journalism and later broadcasting, but the best "poetry" I could manage was basic and rather silly rhyming dialogue for stage productions of shows like Cinderella and Babes in the Wood. It never earned me much (sod all, come to think of it) but it helped to stop me from going bonkers.

I also wrote a book (unpublished) and a few pretty heavy plays, but true classical poetry such as the work of people like Wordsworth, Shelley, Owen, Graves or Sassoon is way, way beyond my capabilities.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:06 am

Veya's Aussie Christmas

we got Turkey, ham and seafood platters
and booze is in the ice box, keepin' nice a cool.
But now the Wrapping papers in tatters
It's time for every one to hit the pool !!!

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have always envied anyone who can write truly beautiful poetry; it's one literary skill that has always eluded me.

I used to write light comedy stuff including, believe it or not, pantomime scripts as my form of escapism from the pressures of my daily work in serious journalism and later broadcasting, but the best "poetry" I could manage was basic and rather silly rhyming dialogue for stage productions of shows like Cinderella and Babes in the Wood. It never earned me much (sod all, come to think of it) but it helped to stop me from going bonkers.

I also wrote a book (unpublished) and a few pretty heavy plays, but true classical poetry such as the work of people like Wordsworth, Shelley, Owen, Graves or Sassoon is way, way beyond my capabilities.

Yes its a gift, I think a person must have to have suffered to write the really moving stuff. I wrote a poem when I was 15 about my first real lost love (well it was just a crush on my part that never materialised) I can still remember every word of it, hurt goes deep. Razz

Your take on the 12 days of Christmas was very funny. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Veya's Aussie Christmas

we got Turkey, ham and seafood platters
and booze is in the ice box, keepin' nice a cool.
But now the Wrapping papers in tatters
It's time for every one to hit the pool !!!

Laughing

The only line most of us cant relate to is the last one....we would freeze to death.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3