NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region

3 posters

Go down

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region Empty Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:42 pm

The Catalan parliament declared independence from Spain on Friday, even as Madrid's senate passed a motion to place the region under direct role, plunging the divided country into political turmoil.

The vote in Barcelona was a secret ballot backed 70-10 and boycotted by opposition MPs. Secessionists hold a slim majority in the parliament.

Minutes after the vote, Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy appealed for calm and vowed to restore legal order to the rogue region, which he will now seek to govern directly from Madrid.

As Madrid's senate approved his motion to take special powers, including direct rule over Catalonia, he also announced that a cabinet meeting would be held at 5pm BST.

Meanwhile, thousands of pro-independence activists cheered in Barcelona as the Catalan parliament result was announced.

Watching proceedings in parliament on two large screens, they clapped and shouted "independence" in Catalan before singing the regional hymn, many raising their fists.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/10/27/spanish-government-demands-special-powers-could-remove-catalan/

Back to top Go down

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region Empty Re: Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:15 pm

Basketball

Should do wonders for the Spanish and European football/soccer competitions  ???
Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region 2300614393
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region Empty Re: Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region

Post by magica Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:31 pm

So how can they be independent when in the heart of Spain Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region 2190311264
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Well actually, looking down the Iberian peninsula, they're over there on the left.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:Well actually, looking down the Iberian peninsula, they're over there on the left.

Indeed Quill

Everyone backs the right of the self determination of the Palestinians.

Including me, even though they are a recent invented people

The Catalonians have a long history and even more so the Kurdish people and how many people back their self determination?

I back all 3 groups to have this.

So why is the world not supporting the Kurds or the people of Catalonia?

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:18 pm

[quote="Original Quill"]Well actually, looking down the Iberian peninsula, they're over there on the left.[/quot

I know, but Barcelona is near Catalonia isn't it, so not an island, or have I got that wrong
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:37 am

magica wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Well actually, looking down the Iberian peninsula, they're over there on the left.

I know, but Barcelona is near Catalonia isn't it, so not an island, or have I got that wrong

Barcelona is on the northeastern coast of Spain, on the Mediterranean Sea.  It is the capital and largest city of Catalonia, with a population of approximately 1.6-million.  It is the second largest city, after Madrid.

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region Map_of_spain

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:09 am

What a Face

IF Spain wants to dig in their heels,  Catalonia could become another Chechnya...

Russia doesn't want to lose one of it's republics because they fear that could trigger a "domino effect", with other 'autonomous' republics putting their hand up for independence, as well..

In Catalonia's case, Spain wouldn't want to lose maybe 16% of their population, and 20% (or more ?) of their GDP --  and a couple of their leading football clubs.

It took years for East Timor to gain independence from Indonesia..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:21 am

Let's hope this turns ugly

A nice little insurgent civil war right in the heart of the EU would do nicely

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:28 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Let's hope this turns ugly

Lets hope you end up sorely disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:00 am

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Let's hope this turns ugly

You wish to see the catalonian push for self determination fail??

You love the Palestinian but hate the catalonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

No I back their right to self determination.

Which the Spanish Governement should respect

You clearly never read my earlier post did you?

You though want pain and suffering to happen from this. 

So its your views driven by selishness and hate dear boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:11 am

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Which the spanish should respect

So its your vuews driven by selishness and hater dear boy

You would have them crushed under the EU jack boot. That's why you're a remainer

You're an EU fanatic who would see any threat to your beloved dictatorship crushed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:15 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Which the spanish should respect

So its your vuews driven by selishness and hater dear boy

You would have them crushed under the EU jack boot. That's why you're a remainer

You're an EU fanatic who would see any threat to your beloved dictatorship crushed

Oh dear, seems smelly is broken and is getting over excited again. Making up loads of bullshit.

I just proved your view wrong smelly and thus you then further invoke utter rubbish.

I do back remain, but I respect the vote to leave

Its you that is the fanatic that wants to see a war, pain, suffereing and death in order to achieve your selfish aims here

Hence the hilarity of your overly emotive reply.

Now be a good little boy and sit in the courner until you understand why you are so stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:23 am

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Oh dear, seems smelly is broken and is getting over excited again. Making up loads of bullshit.

I just proved your view wrong smelly and thus you then further invoke utter rubbish.

Its you that is the fanatic that wants to see a war, pain, suffereing and death in order to achieve your selfish aims here

Now be a good little boy and sit in the courner until you understand why you are so stupid.

You back remain

You back the EU and all it stands for

You're a quisling No more needs to be known about you.

I back the catalonians and their push for independence and separation

You back the EU and it's "unity"

You cannot cherry pick or have your cake and eat it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:27 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

You back remain

You back the EU and all it stands for

You're a quisling No more needs to be known about you.

I back the catalonians and their push for independence and separation

You back the EU and it's "unity"

You cannot cherry pick or have your cake and eat it

A quisling?

Says the man who ran away from his own country

PMSL

If that is what you think of me, no problem.

You are just proving again what an emotive child you are.

You forget I am half Irish and Half Maltese/Scillian, which are are part of the EU.

They are also indendent and also part of a coalition of EU nations.

So how does that make me a quisling?

Again I back self determination

I have always respected that.

I think we should have a world governemnt if I am being honest with local self determination for nations also.

So anything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:36 am

You're an EU lackey didge, you would support military occupation in catalonia if your EU masters decreed it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:38 am

smelly-bandit wrote:You're an EU lackey didge, you would support military occupation in catalonia if your EU masters decreed it

Would I?

That is news to me when I back their independence.

What if they also want to remain in the EU smelly?

Did you not think of that?

I guess you are not up to speed on what they do want, are you?

I just continue to laugh at how easily emotive you are.

Like i say, refer back to my first written post and then you will see why you are acting like a toddler having a tantrum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:52 am

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:You're an EU lackey didge, you would support military occupation in catalonia if your EU masters decreed it

Would I?

Like i say, refer back to my first written post and then you will see why you are acting like a toddler having a tantrum.

Get your jack boots on, pin those yellow stars to your chest, salute your new chancellor junker and get yourself over to crush some catalonians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:55 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Would I?

Get your jack boots on, pin those yellow stars to your chest, salute your new chancellor junker and get yourself over to crush some catalonians

Well clearly the Catlonians want to do so smelly, by being a part of the EU.

Like I said, you always end up puting both your feet squarley in your own mouth.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:13 am

Original Quill wrote:
magica wrote:

Barcelona is on the northeastern coast of Spain, on the Mediterranean Sea.  It is the capital and largest city of Catalonia, with a population of approximately 1.6-million.  It is the second largest city, after Madrid.

Catalan parliament declares independence from Spain, as Madrid approves direct rule over region Map_of_spain

Ahh thanks Quill. I've been to Barcelona, so thought it was all in one Spain. Now I get it Smile
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:17 pm

Didge wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Like I said, you always end up puting both your feet squarley in your own mouth.

Cool

The catalonians want to crush themselves?? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:34 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Didge wrote:

Cool

The catalonians want to crush themselves?? scratch

Who says they want to crush themselves?

That was your idiotic claim.

Their leader though has stated they will be a part of the EU

Now dont you look the right wally

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:52 pm

magica wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Ahh thanks Quill. I've been to Barcelona, so thought it was all in one Spain. Now I get it Smile

Catalonia is a "region" of Spain...I hesitate to call it a province or a state because that is precisely what is in controversy right now. Wiki describes it as:

Wiki wrote:Catalonia (Catalan: Catalunya, Occitan: Catalonha, Spanish: Cataluña)[b][c] is a region in the northeastern extremity of the Iberian Peninsula. Its constitutional status is the subject of a dispute between the Kingdom of Spain, which views it as an autonomous community within Spain, and the Generalitat de Catalunya, which views it as an independent republic following a unilateral declaration of independence from Spain on 27 October 2017.[4]

Under the Spanish constitution, it is an autonomous community with the designation of a nationality by its Statute of Autonomy.

As Wolf points out, it's not just "another" region, as it is probably the most modern and advanced region and city of Spain. It's rather like San Francisco is to the US: it's got all of the technology and intelligence, and more than a disproportionate share of money and productive capacity.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanx again Quill, I understand now.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down