NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid

3 posters

Go down

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Empty Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Brokeback-Main

An opera version of love story Brokeback Mountain is to open in Madrid later in January.
The opera version of the story Brokeback, which was adapted into Oscar-winning film in 2005 by director Ang Lee, will feature the work of Charles Wuorinen and Annie Proulx, author, who wrote the original short story.
Reports from BroadwayWorld suggest the new stage version will be “grittier2 than the film, and will feature a ghose and a chorus. The report says: “Wuorinen’s score evokes the mountains with its swells and strains, bringing to life the harshly imposing Wyoming landscape from which the story was born.”
The 2005 film featured Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal playing Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist.
Madrid’s stage version features Canadian bass-baritone Daniel Okulitch and American tenor Tom Randle as the lovers.
“It’s a story of doomed love, in this case a complex homosexual relationship taking place in a very homophobic society,” said openly gay Wuorinen.
The new version will debut at the Teatro Real on 28 January. It was originally commissioned by the New York City Opera, however was abandoned after NYCO director Gerard Mordier resigned, and brought it to Madrid.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/01/10/brokeback-mountain-opera-to-open-in-madrid/

Shocked ...Different i suppose!

Back to top Go down

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Empty Re: Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid

Post by jaded fox Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:12 pm

I'm thinking more boring. Different might be interesting Brokeback is really really dull to me. I never understood the hype.
jaded fox
jaded fox
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Empty Re: Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:37 pm

jaded fox wrote:I'm thinking more boring. Different might be interesting Brokeback is really really dull to me. I never understood the hype.

I think i'd find the opera version boring, but i found the original movie highly entertaining and worthy of the awards.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:06 pm

But the songs would be wooooonderful...........................

'' Bumchummery , bumchummery , bumchum yahoo

yupp ? , Yepp, hows that for you ''.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:14 pm

ALLAKAKA wrote:

I'm sure that you pig thick imbeciles, will be singing and shouting bile like that on on the London demo, if it's allowed to go ahead of course....Looking forward to the numerous arrests!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:48 pm

I thought the film was wonderful, cant see it being a musical though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:58 am

http://news.sky.com/story/1201632/brokeback-mountain-opera-to-open-in-spain

...They posted an extract of one of the songs, on Sky news!

...It was quite interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:02 am

Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:25 pm

Brokeback Mountain? Is this the movie where the kids run off to some kind of magical land? Or is it the one where the shark leaps onto the back end of the boat & eats Quint?.......Or was that ET?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Under new diversity plans classic movies will be remade to cater for the LGBT community:

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKx55whAjuGRDoXtiJ6QYcrIw6pmW3prGRhqkqKc5AaHYC8qva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:13 pm

Education is the key to changing kids inherent values:

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Normal_brokeback_mountain_compressed2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Catman wrote:
ALLAKAKA wrote:

I'm sure that you pig thick imbeciles, will be singing and shouting bile like that on on the London demo, if it's allowed to go ahead of course....Looking forward to the numerous arrests!

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid 8f0d7d10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:31 pm

I've always wondered what your pussy was like Tess, well kept and sweet looking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

You're almost as bad as Nems, with your snidey little comments, stupid Nazi.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Shady wrote:Brokeback Mountain? Is this the movie where the kids run off to some kind of magical land? Or is it the one where the shark leaps onto the back end of the boat & eats Quint?.......Or was that ET?

No , it's the one with two Homosexuals riding in tandem on a horse and one is riding 'hands free''.

YUP ? YEP.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Hate10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Tess. wrote:
Catman wrote:

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Hate10

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Salute_1504842c

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 pm

Nazi,nazi,nazi you are wearing that word out,the more you use it the less impact it has.you nancy Nazi.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 pm

nicko wrote:Nazi,nazi,nazi you are wearing that word out,the more you use it the less impact it has.you nancy Nazi.

Oh do shut up, you silly old man!

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm

Another Gay Nazi.

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Captur31

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:

Pfft I never even mentioned Tess's pussy  Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:10 am

phil,the nasty,nazi nancy.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:16 am

nicko wrote:phil,the nasty,nazi nancy.

Shut up you homophobic pile of shit.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:20 pm

oohh,hark at her.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:25 pm

nicko wrote:oohh,hark at her.

No, i'm male, you stupid old man, you must be going senile, you ignorant fucker.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:28 pm

RING TAKER

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Captur32

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:32 pm

dear cat,go fcuk your self,you might enjoy that,my sweet!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:45 pm

nicko wrote:dear cat,go fcuk your self,you might enjoy that,my sweet!

....Hope someone kicks your walking stick away.

://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:03 pm

Catman wrote:
nicko wrote:oohh,hark at her.

No, i'm male, you stupid old man, you must be going senile, you ignorant fucker.

Are you saying your a GIVER and not a TAKER ?

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Since the far right homophobic Nazi's of this site, are just using this thread to post homophobic abuse, rather than to discuss the opera, it's probably better to lock it imo, yet another thread ruined by these far right wankers.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm

Catman wrote:Since the far right homophobic Nazi's of this site, are just using this thread to post homophobic abuse, rather than to discuss the opera, it's probably better to lock it imo, yet another thread ruined by these far right wankers.

Don't like it returned do you Phyllis.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Catman wrote:Since the far right homophobic Nazi's of this site, are just using this thread to post homophobic abuse, rather than to discuss the opera, it's probably better to lock it imo, yet another thread ruined by these far right wankers.

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Qsdmpn10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Tess. wrote:

You should be the one taking notice of that, Nazi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:35 pm

Catman wrote:
Tess. wrote:

You should be the one taking notice of that, Nazi.

Brokeback Mountain opera to open in Madrid Produc11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down