NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid legend dies at the age of 88

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid legend dies at the age of 88 Empty Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid legend dies at the age of 88

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:37 am

This man was a legend and probably the most famous footballer in the world in his day. As a kid we all wanted to be Di Stefano or Puskas because they were brilliant and they played for Real Madrid.
Who can forget that European Cup Final at Hampden park in Glasgow in 1960 in front of 134,000 fans when the won the cup against Eintracht Frankfurt by 7-3.  I doubt there will ever be a final like that ever again

RIP to the man.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28197863

Last edited by Irn Bru on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid legend dies at the age of 88 Empty Re: Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid legend dies at the age of 88

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 am

Now I remember that, my Grandad was still taking me to Millwall then and I was well into footie. RIP as you say, a legend.

Back to top Go down

Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid legend dies at the age of 88 Empty Re: Alfredo Di Stefano: Real Madrid legend dies at the age of 88

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:49 am

Sassy wrote:Now I remember that, my Grandad was still taking me to Millwall then and I was well into footie.  RIP as you say, a legend.

Did your Grandad eat jellied Eels and have a pint before going to the games? Was a tradition back then I believe.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:53 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Sassy wrote:Now I remember that, my Grandad was still taking me to Millwall then and I was well into footie.  RIP as you say, a legend.

Did your Grandad eat jellied Eels and have a pint before going to the games? Was a tradition back then I believe.

No, the most he ever drank was a bottle of brown ale on a Saturday night, and although my Nan loved jellied eels, he couldn't stand them.   He used to say to my Nan, 'Girlie, if you'd seen those things slithering in and out of dead bodies, you'd never have them in the house'.   He'd worked on the London Docks for a while before he became a builder and apparently there were often dead bodies floating along.   Well, that's what he told me, he could just have been trying to scare the shit out of me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:59 am

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

No, the most he ever drank was a bottle of brown ale on a Saturday night, and although my Nan loved jellied eels, he couldn't stand them.   He used to say to my Nan, 'Girlie, if you'd seen those things slithering in and out of dead bodies, you'd never have them in the house'.   He'd worked on the London Docks for a while before he became a builder and apparently there were often dead bodies floating along.   Well, that's what he told me, he could just have been trying to scare the shit out of me!

It was a Millwall fan that used to come up to our work to carry out audits for the DTI who told me about the jellied eels and the beer tradition and I just wondered if it was really that popular.

Don't fancy the Eels but the beer would go down nicely.

That's me for tonight so see you all tomorrow for another thrilling installment of NewsFix.

Night all

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:02 am

Night Irn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down