NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Legend J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74

3 posters

Go down

Music Legend J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74 Empty Music Legend J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74

Post by Lurker Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:09 pm

“We’ve lost a great artist and a great person tonight. JJ Cale passed away at 8:00 pm on Friday July 26 at Scripps Hospital in La Jolla, CA. He had suffered a heart attack. There are no immediate plans for services. His history is well documented at JJCale.com , http://www.rosebudus.com/cale/ and in the documentary, To Tulsa And Back. Donations are not needed but he was a great lover of animals so, if you like, you can remember him with donations to your favorite local animal shelter”.
http://www.noise11.com/news/j-j-cale-dies-from-heart-attack-at-age-74-20130727

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/27/showbiz/jj-cale-obit/index.html

Last edited by Lurker on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Music Legend J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74 Empty Re: Music Legend J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74

Post by Lurker Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Music Legend J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74 Empty Re: Music Legend J.J. Cale Dies From Heart Attack At Age 74

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Never heard of him although Country music is a bit of a niche genre.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 pm

I never thought of him as Country. He wrote and performed rock. Eric Clapton would not call him Country. LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:20 pm

Eric who?
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:14 pm

You ARE young. He's a genius and legend in music. He's sold more Records/CDs/downloads than all your musical interests combined. LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:17 pm

Erm... Tchaikovsky, Brahms, Chopin, Handel, Beethoven, Mahler, Elgar, Sibelius, Rachmaninoff, Mozart, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, AC/DC, Pink Floyd and many more.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Lurker wrote:You ARE young. He's a genius and legend in music. He's sold more Records/CDs/downloads than all your musical interests combined. LOL

I have seen quite a few tributes on forums for him is he as popular as Dolly Parton as she comes from your neck of the woods i think Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Yep. All you young whippersnappers and your music! Wink
I'm just messing with you. I like all kinds of different music. We all have our druthers. That's what makes the human race interesting.

I like classical, big band, pop, rock, jazz, blues and country. I don't like Russian jazz, rap or heavy metal.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Lurker wrote:Yep. All you young whippersnappers and your music! Wink 
I'm just messing with you. I like all kinds of different music. We all have our druthers. That's what makes the human race interesting.

I like classical, big band, pop, rock, jazz, blues and country. I don't like Russian jazz, rap or heavy metal.

Russian Jazz scratch 

Is that like Russian roulette? You place a cd in a 6 cd jukebox and press random.
Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 pm

No. it's a type of jazz music.  It sounds like somebody dropping a load of cats, steel and glass from a 20 story building and calling it music.

Actually, some of it sounds like American jazz, but I heard a Russian jazz concert on TV once that was more like the above description. Not all Russian jazz is that awful, I'll have to admit.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Messenger Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Adrian Messenger
Adrian Messenger
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:47 am

No. it's a type of jazz music.  It sounds like somebody dropping a load of cats, steel and glass from a 20 story building and calling it music.

OK I GOTTA hear this,  

first min is pretty bad but 1 to 3 is alright
Slightly disappointed, heard no cats cat
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:13 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:21 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down