NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Fred Moletrousers
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Eilzel
veya_victaous
HoratioTarr
eddie
Andy
Tommy Monk
Syl
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:26 pm

I wanted to say that I love Eddies avi of her and her friend, I know its the friend who is terminally ill, and its such a loving photo. It really touched me when I saw it last night.

Why do you pick your avi? does it say something about you or is it just a pretty photo, and do you change it or leave the same one up year in year out?

My present one is of a witch....no comments please. Evil or Very Mad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 pm

I agree it is a lovely avatar eddie has , I didn't realise it was her friend though .Sad

My brother in law is having surgery tomorrow for advanced throat cancer - not very hopeful if I'm honest Sad

My avatar right now is because I do really like both men in it - I like Nigel Farage because he doesn't pussy foot around he says it like it is . I like President Trump because i see him the same he says what he things and isn't politically correct . I'm not on my own I know loads of people who like Trump and Farage .

I had an avatar of Johnny Cash before this one but it is too big now for some reason so can't use it - its in remembrance of my dad who loved Johnny Cash , if i can change it back I will do .

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:00 pm

The avi I had before was banned... it was a pic of a famous white man who did a lot in support for black people and for the advancement of their civil rights during a time when they faced major oppression/discrimination in USA.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The avi I had before was banned... it was a pic of a famous white man who did a lot in support for black people and for the advancement of their civil rights during a time when they faced major oppression/discrimination in USA.

How much are you sounding like a snowflake?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:10 pm

My avi pays homage to the brave British airmen who fought the Battle of Britain so bravely against Smelly's and Tom's ancestors.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Angry Andy wrote:My avi pays homage to the brave British airmen who fought the Battle of Britain so bravely against Smelly's and Tom's  ancestors.

I agree with the tribute to the brave British airmen - but you spoiled the sentiment by your insult to two members for no reason .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Syl wrote:I wanted to say that I love Eddies avi of her and her friend, I know its the friend who is terminally ill, and its such a loving photo. It really touched me when I saw it last night.

Why do you pick your avi? does it say something about you or is it just a pretty photo, and do you change it or leave the same one up year in year out?

Thank you Syl. Yes that's my brave and beautiful (isn't she beautiful?!) friend Lisa, beautiful inside and out and the bravest person I know. She's my rock.
She is fighting an incurable cancer and at the moment is in hospital again, struggling to breathe and feeking shitty. I'll be seeing her within a couple of days like I usually do.
I wish we didn't live so far from each other now, we used to love pretty close by.

I decided to honour her and show my support for cancer sufferers everywhere.

That photo was taken last year and we had been drinking whisky and dancing all night and continued to do so until 7am.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The avi I had before was banned... it was a pic of a famous white man who did a lot in support for black people and for the advancement of their civil rights during a time when they faced major oppression/discrimination in USA.

I'll have to ask 'my Maaamy'...

Just off out to 'walk a million miles'...!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I wanted to say that I love Eddies avi of her and her friend, I know its the friend who is terminally ill, and its such a loving photo. It really touched me when I saw it last night.

Thank you Syl. Yes that's my brave and beautiful (isn't she beautiful?!) friend Lisa, beautiful inside and out and the bravest person I know. She's my rock.
She is fighting an incurable cancer and at the moment is in hospital again, struggling to breathe and feeking shitty. I'll be seeing her within a couple of days like I usually do.
I wish we didn't live so far from each other now, we used to love pretty close by.

That photo was taken last year and we had been drinking whisky and dancing all night and continued to do so until 7am.

I know its not the same as being there in person, but you are able to talk, no matter how far away.

There is nothing worse than seeing someone suffer who we love and little we can do about that. That all we can is support them. They have to fight their own deamons and fears facing the struggles ahead.

Though what you do helps in this battle Eddie. That they know they have people that love and care for them.

Never forget that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 pm

eddie wrote:

Feel for you both eddie my brother in law has advanced throat cancer surgery tomorrow we're really worried about him we don't hold out much hope its advanced he's having his voice box and part of his wind pipe removed Sad

Lets stand up to bloody evil cancer afflicting good people .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Didge wrote:

I'll have to ask 'my Maaamy'...

Just off out to 'walk a million miles'...!

Laughing

Does your Maaamy gain you entrance to every party Tommy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:My avi pays homage to the brave British airmen who fought the Battle of Britain so bravely against Smelly's and Tom's  ancestors.

I agree with the tribute to the brave British airmen - but you spoiled the sentiment by your insult to two members for no reason .

Bog off. Tommy gloated about having a Hitler avi. He was told by the mods to change it - which he did. To a Hitler cat.

Last edited by Angry Andy on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Angry Andy wrote:

Bog off. Tommy gloated about having a Hitler avi. Hewas told by the mods to change it - which he did. To a Hitler cat.

it was supposed to be a thread about our avatars not other members - have a nice evening Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 pm

My avatar is now of the most sexiest man of the 80's i was in love with him and probably still fancy him quite a bit now Razz cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Ah, nice avi Eddie.   You look a little like sisters.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Except you used to have a avi pic of a German warplane until I pulled you up on it, and you changed it to your current one of British plane...!

You came out with some lame excuse at the time... can't remember exactly... either something to do with your dad and/or model aeroplanes, I think you said... and I vaguely remember something about a collection of/or strong interest in historical warplanes etc...

Maybe you could refresh our memories on this...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Angry Andy wrote:

Bog off. Tommy gloated about having a Hitler avi. He was told by the mods to change it - which he did. To a Hitler cat.

I didn't have a 'Hitler avi' at all Hand Shandy...!!!

Why are you lying...!!!???

I even gave it away as to what avi I had, in my earlier posts here on thread, for anyone who didn't already know...!!!

How does 'Hitler avi' fit in with any of the clues in my previous posts...!?

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:40 am

Mine is my own crude Photoshop of a terminator offering you cake, to get you vote skynet.

@tommy
your 'Hitler cat' is better than blackface guy anyway.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:

I didn't have a 'Hitler avi' at all Hand Shandy...!!!

Why are you lying...!!!???

I even gave it away as to what avi I had, in my earlier posts here on thread, for anyone who didn't already know...!!!

How does 'Hitler avi' fit in with any of the clues in my previous posts...!?

Laughing

Hi Tommy - the avatar of the cat I honestly thought it was a cat with its paw caught on the net curtain - never even saw Hitler in it and that's the truth - but I don't go around looking for stuff like this I just obviously see the best in everything .

My own cat did that once we had some really long nets which we got for patio doors and she got caught on it and her face was that of ' It wasn't me ' Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:59 pm

eddie wrote:

You are welcome, its a lovely thought to put her pic up on here. I love you
I hope Lisa knows that through you we all wish her nothing but the best....you are lucky to have each other in your lives, a friendship like you two have is a real blessing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I agree it is a lovely avatar eddie has , I didn't realise it was her friend though .Sad

My brother in law is having surgery tomorrow for advanced throat cancer - not very hopeful if I'm honest Sad

My avatar right now is because I do really like both men in it - I like Nigel Farage because he doesn't pussy foot around he says it like it is . I like President Trump because i see him the same he says what he things and isn't politically correct . I'm not on my own I know loads of people who like Trump and Farage .

I had an avatar of Johnny Cash before this one but it is too big now for some reason so can't use it - its in remembrance of my dad who loved Johnny Cash , if i can change it back I will do .

Good luck to your brother in law today Vod, it must be a very worrying time for you all right now.
sadly
One of the drivers who worked for my OH had throat cancer, he pulled through his treatment and ops and lived for around 15 years afterwards cancer free....a heart attack got him in the end.

I prefer your present avi....he must have been one of the most handsome pop stars ever, great bone structure. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Oh let em play Vod.....if it keeps them happy no harm done. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Characters from the short animation 'In a Heartbeat'. Such a good story I decided to have them as my avi.

Previous was me, my partner and Petronas towers reflected in a metal sphere in Kuala Lumpur Smile

I'd like to know Lord Foul's reasons for his irritating avis lol!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:28 pm

Eilzel wrote:Characters from the short animation 'In a Heartbeat'. Such a good story I decided to have them as my avi.

Previous was me, my partner and Petronas towers reflected in a metal sphere in Kuala Lumpur Smile

I'd like to know Lord Foul's reasons for his irritating avis lol!
It reflects his personality?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Syl wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I agree it is a lovely avatar eddie has , I didn't realise it was her friend though .Sad

Good luck to your brother in law today Vod, it must be a very worrying time for you all right now.
sadly
One of the drivers who worked for my OH had throat cancer, he pulled through his treatment and ops and lived for around 15 years afterwards cancer free....a heart attack got him in the end.

I prefer your present avi....he must have been one of the most handsome pop stars ever, great bone structure. I love you

Thank you very much you're very kind - yeah i prefer Adam Ant Laughing

Encouraging about your friend and treatment is even more advanced these days so we are praying he will live a long happy life after this will keep updated .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:21 pm

What is an avie?  I always used a picture of me, if anything...I have 3 - 4 I've used over the years.  That way you know to whom you are talking.

PS: Once I did use a picture of a plume pen...seemed appropriate for Quill. But only for a couple of weeks.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:What is an avie?  I always used a picture of me, if anything...I have 3 - 4 I've used over the years.  That way you know to whom you are talking.

PS: Once I did use a picture of a plume pen...seemed appropriate for Quill.  But only for a couple of weeks.

I remember one of your avi's Quill....black and white, moody pose, Glen Ford lookalike. Cool
I like to see who I'm talking to on forums to, though obviously not a lot of people want to show themselves...their choice.

I find other peoples avatars interesting, I also like to swap and change mine depending on the season.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:45 pm

I took several photos and downsized them to fit.  The one you are referring to was one of a few taken by a professional studio photographer, for professional affiliations, such as the Bar yearbook, book jackets, University catalogs (showing professors next to courses), and the Association membership.  That's why they are so stiff, or as you say, "moody".

I've got some others, more relaxed.  Some on the boat.  Or around the pool.  Once a gf took a set of them in the desert.  I'll see what I have.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:17 pm

My avatar is the one avatar

One avatar to rule them all, one avatar to find them, One avatar to bring them all and in the darkness make them great again

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:25 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Mine is my own crude Photoshop of a terminator offering you cake, to get you vote skynet.

@tommy
your 'Hitler cat' is better than blackface guy anyway.

The 'blackface guy', was the great Al Jolson...!

"...Jolson was, ironically given the perception today, an early crusader for the rights of African-Americans in show business. For instance, he was instrumental in helping to promote black playwright Garland Anderson’s work, which resulted in the first Broadway production with an all-black cast. He also attempted to have an all-black dance team featured in a Broadway show at a time when black people were banned from Broadway productions.

As black dancer Jeni LeGon said, “In those times, it was a ‘black-and-white world.’ You didn’t associate too much socially with any of the stars. You saw them at the studio, you know, nice—but they didn’t invite. The only ones that ever invited us home for a visit was Al Jolson and Ruby Keeler.”

In another instance, Jolson read that songwriters Noble Sissle and Eubie Blake, neither of whom he knew at the time, had been thrown out of a restaurant because of their race. When he heard this, he tracked the pair down and took them out to dinner and reportedly told them, “He’d punch anyone in the nose who tried to kick us out!”

As for his “blackface” persona which seems to (almost literally) fly in the face of his apparent true feelings on race, this persona was often used as a means to introduce white audiences to black culture, and also to make fun of the general idea of “white supremacy.” As such, when black audiences saw “The Jazz Singer,” rather than boycott it, a Harlem newspaper, Amsterdam News (today “the oldest Black newspaper in the country,” according to their website), stated that The Jazz Singer was “one of the greatest pictures ever produced,” and that, “Every colored performer is proud of him (Jolson).”

Jolson also insisted on the hiring and fair treatment of black people at a time when this was an outlandish concept to many in America. (For example, at the time members of the KKK are estimated to have accounted for about 15% of the U.S.’s voting-age population.) He also crusaded for equal rights for African-American as early as 1911, when he was 25. Through his very controversial portrayals, and advocating for black performers, Jolson helped pave the way for the success of such legends as Louis Armstrong, Ethyl Waters, Duke Ellington and Cab Calloway. As the St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture stated, “Almost single-handedly, Jolson helped to introduce African-American musical innovations like jazz, ragtime, and the blues to white audiences.”

Famed African-American jazz singer Clarence Henry noted of Jolson, “Jolson? I loved him. I think he did wonders for the blacks and glorified entertainment.”..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:39 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
My avatar is the one avatar

One avatar  to rule them all, one avatar to find them, One avatar to bring them all and in the darkness make them great again

What a Face

Looks more like Jabba the Hutt, in that image...

https://goo.gl/images/NTLiqw

Or maybe the Baron Harkonnen character from the Dune movie..

https://goo.gl/images/pwWiy4
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 am

My avatar is my much loved old Land Rover, a 1971 Series 2a County Station Wagon.

She's away having a complete re-spray at present, which should increase her already considerable (and rising) value.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:My avatar is my much loved old Land Rover, a 1971 Series 2a County Station Wagon.

She's away having a complete re-spray at present, which should increase her already considerable (and rising) value.

It would be a laugh if one day we all put avis up of the favourite cars we have owned.

Mine would have to be the first car we had after we married, a 3ltr maroon Ford Capri, loved that car. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:31 pm

I once had a 3ltr "John Player Special" Capri, I had it nicked 2 weeks after buying. Never saw it again.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:20 pm

I had to look that one up:

Avatars Baron_harkonnen_by_agrbrod-d545jf2

Very good, wolf. alien

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:56 pm

nicko wrote:I once had a 3ltr "John Player Special"  Capri,   I had it nicked 2 weeks after buying.    Never saw it again.

Ours was nicked once too Nicko, I saw the bastards drive it away at about 80mph....we did get it back, though tbh I never felt the same about it after that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:31 pm

I chose my aviation because

It reminds me

Of

Syl. Avatars 1069003512
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Reported. Avatars 2347854014
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:50 pm

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:17 pm

Hahaha
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:58 am

I never really change my avid. The one I have doesn't work really as you can't see the text. I tried to change it last week but gave up ☹️
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Well what do you know! I dooded it
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:46 pm

Miffs2 wrote:Well what do you know! I dooded it

cheers

It's a good one too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Great avi Miffs Smile

Last edited by magica on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Thanks ladies I'm very impressed with myself ! Laughing cheers
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:29 am

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:31 am

You crazy. You know that? Avatars 1069003512
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:35 pm

I am selling my kayaks today, its a very sad day for me.
And yes this is on topic..... snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Syl wrote:I am selling my kayaks today, its a very sad day for me.

Th ones that you fell out of? Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:36 pm

Syl wrote:I am selling my kayaks today, its a very sad day for me.

I remember when I sold my kayak. It was a whitewater boat (Perception xt), but I had moved from Arizona to the coast. I used to do rapids on the Salt River, Rio Grande in New Mexico, and the Colorado.

I tried an ocean kayaking, but it's not the same sport. With a rudder and keel, it's kinda like sightseeing and sunning yourself. And now with open kayaks, it's like paddle boating.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next