NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smiles and avatars update

4 posters

Go down

Smiles and avatars update Empty Smiles and avatars update

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:52 pm

It appears the server we uploaded our avatars and smiles to was deleted. As you can see, I was able to upload my avatar to the new server -- it's the same way you always do it.

Now I'm going to try to make some headway in restoring the 50 smilies that were deleted ... because FTL won't be on vacation forever ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Smiles and avatars update Empty Re: Smiles and avatars update

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It appears the server we uploaded our avatars and smiles to was deleted. As you can see, I was able to upload my avatar to the new server -- it's the same way you always do it.

Now I'm going to try to make some headway in restoring the 50 smilies that were deleted ... because FTL won't be on vacation forever ...

You are bloody joking right? That is so far beyond incompetent it begs belief. That should not even be possible (by which I mean any half competent host has identical files on 2 completely different physical servers, and during any sort of upgrade will have made full copies of the files on the servers to be stored on yet another different machine so they can restore if things go wrong) Hell my host lost a whole 3rd of their physical machines when lightening hit the neighbouring business and all that happened was some of the sites were offline for a few hours - nothing was lost all files were restored complete.

If nothing else provokes you to leave forumotion let this be it - that sort of incompetence has serious security issues if they are this careless with files. Even if you do not go for paid hosting find another free host.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:38 pm

It's pretty pathetic, that's for sure. I don't think my post on the help forum even got a reply. But it does at least look like someone might have fixed the problem with us not even having an image server Smiles and avatars update 2190311264
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It's pretty pathetic, that's for sure. I don't think my post on the help forum even got a reply. But it does at least look like someone might have fixed the problem with us not even having an image server Smiles and avatars update 2190311264

It will all be on the same machine - its just a file structure the same as on your home machine. The only difference is there should be 2 separate machines both with full mirror copies.
Honestly this should not be acceptable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:20 am

Looks like somebody did something, because I see everybody's avatar now ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:27 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Looks like somebody did something, because I see everybody's avatar now ...

yup and the smilies.......but I still can't bloody use them unless I type it in......bugger
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:30 am

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Looks like somebody did something, because I see everybody's avatar now ...

yup and the smilies.......but I still can't bloody use them unless I type it in......bugger

The smilies were painstakingly re-uploaded by this kid earlier today ... there were over 50! Is this on your Kindle that you're having the problem, or on every device?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:35 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Cass wrote:

The smilies were painstakingly re-uploaded by this kid earlier today ... there were over 50! Is this on your Kindle that you're having the problem, or on every device?

yeah......same old......its a tad annoying but I think I might just live....sniff
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:23 am

Same thing all over, isn't it? My second job out of college was for a small magazine that ran every word past four editors before it was published. Now I work for a much larger operation that recently had to circulate a memo reminding editors that they actually had to read the stories Smiles and avatars update 2396444674
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:57 am

That's funny! Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It appears the server we uploaded our avatars and smiles to was deleted. As you can see, I was able to upload my avatar to the new server -- it's the same way you always do it.

You're right.................... Smiles and avatars update Peek_211 I'm back, be afraid, be very afraid Smiles and avatars update Wink25 x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down