NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

+7
Victorismyhero
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
magica
eddie
HoratioTarr
11 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby - Page 3 Empty Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

A mother has shamed commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she fed her 15-month-old baby in a corridor.
Bryony Esther, 32, shared a photograph of her attempting to breastfeed her child while surrounded by men taking up all nearby seats.
The mother-of-three revealed no one offered to give up their spot for her and one man just chose to gawp at her instead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4706238/Mother-forced-stand-packed-train-breastfeed-baby.html?param_usr=1¶m_targetUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-4706238%2FMother-forced-stand-packed-train-breastfeed-baby.html¶m_geolocation=gb¶m__host=secured.dailymail.co.uk¶m_hideMasthead=¶m_hideFooter=&base_fe_url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailymail.co.uk%2F&validation_fe_uri=%2Fregistration%2Fp%2Fapi%2Ffield%2Fvalidation%2F&check_user_fe_uri=registration%2Fp%2Fapi%2Fuser%2Fuser_check%2F&isMobile=false
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby - Page 3 Empty Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Then it was her choice, and she had no business making such a fuss.

She has every right to speak out on social media.

What do you think you do on this forum everyday and even now.??

In that case, post your photo and we can spread it all over Facebook. I bet you wouldn't like that, would you?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby - Page 3 Empty Re: Mother criticises commuters who forced her to stand on a packed train while she breastfed her baby

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Only two people have been critical of my views. More have agreed with them. This isn't social media like Facebook - we're all anonymous. In any case, I very rarely get involved with personal stuff on forums.

It is social media and you are making a fuss about this.
Yes we have seen the ones who automatically thing the worst of a person.
Not one of you has presented a reason not to give up a seat to someone who needs it more.

No. You're making a fuss, just like she did. You just don't like the responses. That's just tough. She clearly didn't need a seat because she could feed the kid and take photos of herself all at the same time. She's probably used to it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Only two people have been critical of my views. More have agreed with them. This isn't social media like Facebook - we're all anonymous. In any case, I very rarely get involved with personal stuff on forums.

Not one of you has presented a reason not to give up a seat to someone who needs it more.

We have given you the reasons. It's called Free Will.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

And a child is also capable of continuing to be breastfed.

Its not down to you or others to decide on this, but the mother herself.

Yes.  Her decision.  But don't expect everyone else to fit in with those choices.  

But its not always her choice, when the child can be hungry.

What you are basically saying is to demonize her for her choices. When people have no reason not to give up their seats to those more in need.
That is the whole bases for your counter here.
You cannot reason that people should not give up their seats, but choose to castigate her for her choices.
That is not a reason for people here not to give up their seats

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

To be fair, no one has given a reason to give up a seat to her. Remember, it's a gift, not an obligation. She had a child, and to someone so moved, that should be enough to give the gift.

The breastfeeding, I think, was just to draw attention to her.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

We have given you the reasons.  It's called Free Will.

What reasons to not give up their seat to someone else more who needs it?

You mean, selfishness?
Uncaring?
Lazy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yes.  Her decision.  But don't expect everyone else to fit in with those choices.  

What you are basically saying is to demonize her for her choices. When people have no reason not to give up their seats to those more in need.
You cannot reason that people should not give up their seats, but choose to castigate her for her choices.

Nobody demonised her - she demonised the people on the train, and invited comments because she got the public involved by making a fuss on Facebook.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

What part of 'a 15 month old child can eat adult food' don't you get?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Nobody demonised her - she demonised the people on the train, and invited comments because she got the public involved by making a fuss on Facebook.  

And then throwing a paddy when she people see through her. Rolling Eyes
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

We have given you the reasons.  It's called Free Will.

What reasons to not give up their seat to someone else more who needs it?

You mean, selfishness?
Uncaring?
Lazy?

Irrelevant.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

To be fair, no one has given a reason to give up a seat to her.  Remember, it's a gift, not an obligation.  She had a child, and to someone so moved, that should be enough to give the gift.  

I think they have given reasons, try reading back.
Do you think a mother standing on a moving train holding a baby is going to be steady or less balanced?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And then throwing a paddy when she people see through her.   Rolling Eyes

Yes. I like it when that kind of blatant attention seeking backfires.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

To be fair, no one has given a reason to give up a seat to her.  Remember, it's a gift, not an obligation.  She had a child, and to someone so moved, that should be enough to give the gift.  

Do you think a mother standing on a moving train holding a baby is going to be steady or less balanced?

If she was unsteady, why would she be taking a selfie?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

What part of a 15 month old child can still breastfeed do you not get?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Would she be unsteady when the train is stationary?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We don't know that it was stationary. The people on the train were just minding their own business. It was her who chose to throw a tantrum and start abusing them on Facebook.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

We don't know that it was stationary. The people on the train were just minding their own business. It was her who chose to throw a tantrum and start abusing them on Facebook.

I can give you a very big clue the train was stationary.

Why was the picture so good if not stationary.

The only tantrum I see is coming from you on this in how negative and aggressive you are towards her and you do not even know her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Just out of curiosity, did she ever ask anyone to give her a seat? I mean, if it was an expectation....

She could have saved herself a lot of trouble.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:Just out of curiosity, did she ever ask anyone to give her a seat?  I mean, if it was an expectation....

Read the article Quill.
The answers are there for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The only tantrum I see is coming from you on this in how negative and aggressive you are towards her and you do not even know her.

Well then she didn't need a seat did she? If the train was stationary, she would have been perfectly steady. You're the one having a tantrum because you can't force people to agree with you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Well then she didn't need a seat did she? If the train was stationary, she would have been perfectly steady. You're the one having a tantrum because you can't force people to agree with you.

lol, that makes no sense at all. She clearly took the picture when the train was stationary. It still means she needs a seat for when the train is moving, as she will be less balanced.
I not trying to force anyone, I am merely going off your negative and aggressive words towards her.

Its okay, I see Horatio is breaking the rules starting a thread to personally get at me.

I actually found it funny, as I never even brought it up on the open forum that he did banned me this morning.

Last edited by Thorin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I didn't say it couldn't. But unlike a very small baby, this mother had a choice to give this child solids.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:54 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Just out of curiosity, did she ever ask anyone to give her a seat?  I mean, if it was an expectation....

Read the article Quill.

The reason why I ask is, on the transportation system I'm on the board of, we have decals that state that preference should be given to seniors and people with disabilities.

If there is some law or an expectation that breastfeeding women should be given a preference in the UK, that should be posted. She would only have to point to the sign.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Read the article Quill.

The reason why I ask is, on the transportation system I'm on the board of, we have decals that state that preference should be given to seniors and people with disabilities.  

If there is some law or an expectation that breastfeeding women should be given a preference in the UK, that should be posted.  She would only have to point to the sign.

Its the same over here.
She did ask Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

lol, that makes no sense at all. She clearly took the picture when the train was stationary. It still means she needs a seat for when the train is moving, as she will be less balanced.
I not trying to force anyone, I am merely going off your negative and aggressive words towards her.

Its okay, I see Horatio is breaking the rules starting a thread to personally get at me.

I actually found it funny, as I never even brought it up on the open forum that he did banned me this morning.

Why is everything about you? Someone posted me that YouTube clip and it made me think of this place. Not you. Did you get banned yet again? It couldn't have lasted long.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If there is some law or an expectation that breastfeeding women should be given a preference in the UK, that should be posted.  She would only have to point to the sign.

Its the same over here.
She did ask Quill

The same? So, she didn't have a preference because of her breastfeeding?

There's your answer.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I didn't say it couldn't.   But unlike a very small baby, this mother had a choice to give this child solids.  

Which she chooses to breastfeed.
Thanks for the personal thread by the way.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Its the same over here.
She did ask Quill

The same?  So, she didn't have a preference because of her breastfeeding?

There's your answer.

The same that we have seats for the elderly, disabled etc.

So that is not the answer based around safety, trying to hold a child, whilst standing on a moving train.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:01 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
So... there were plenty of seats in other parts of train...?

And she had a buggy too...?

Is she one of those militant breast feeding numptys who were going round last year and flopping them out all over the place, attempting to cause a scene so they could make a story out of it all to sell to the newspapers, and make a big lefty PC statement about 'equality' etc...?

Well... she got some 'equality' as the men saw her as an equal person and equally capable of standing up as they were...

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:01 am

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There's your answer.

So that is not the answer based around safety, trying to hold a child, whilst standing on a moving train.

Unclear answer. Do breastfeeding woman have a legal priority to seats, like seniors and the disabled? They don't over here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:02 am

And if the train did an emergency stop, the mother would have had great difficulty in being able to maintain balance and even hold onto the baby. Which could cause some serious injury. Hence why people should give up seats to parents with children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:03 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Unclear answer.  Do breastfeeding woman have a legal priority to seats, like seniors and the disabled?  They don't over here.

No idea on legal, but safety wise its a no brainer to give up your seat to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:11 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I didn't say it couldn't.   But unlike a very small baby, this mother had a choice to give this child solids.  

Laughing

It's not supposed to be you...but seeing as you identify with it....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Laughing

Someone is telling porkies, being as i was briefly banned today.

I mean odd how you start a thread and on Veya banning someone on the very same day. When he did ban me.

At least have the honesty to say that you did

I dont mind really, it just shows how petty minded some people can be.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:23 am

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Its the same over here.
She did ask Quill

No, she didn't ask that specific question of anyone.  She admits that on her facebook. Also, she's filming footage and the train is moving.

Last edited by HoratioTarr on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 am

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Unclear answer.  Do breastfeeding woman have a legal priority to seats, like seniors and the disabled?  They don't over here.

No idea on legal, but safety wise its a no brainer to give up your seat to them.

So there's no legitimate basis for an expectation that she should be given a seat.

I think that just reinforces that she was trying to build her own preference by pretending to be a victim. It's like tommy says, the old Victorian norms are in the past, and she has no legitimacy except to feign this frailty.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I mean odd how you start a thread and on Veya banning someone on the very same day. When he did ban me.

Veya is always banning you. I can't keep up.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:27 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So there's no legitimate basis for an expectation that she should be given a seat.  

I think that just reinforces that she was trying to build her own preference by pretending to be a victim.  It's like tommy says, the old Victorian norms are in the past, and she has no legitimacy except to feign this frailty.

Nothing to do with preference but common sense with safety.
Nothing to do with Victorian norms, but the fact is a parent is going to be far more stable sitting down with a child on a moving train than standing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:29 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Veya is always banning you.  I can't keep up.

Well he has a thing for me, which clearly you do to, by the sly personal threads you continue to make about me.

Its not the first time of course that you have.

It just makes me laugh that you do it so poorly as if people do not notice.

I thought you had moved on.

I guess you have not

Shame really

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:31 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Veya is always banning you.  I can't keep up.

Well he has a thing for me, which clearly you do to, by the sly personal threads you continue to make about me.

I guess you have not

Shame really

Do you shove a remote up your bum when you get really mad? You must admit, it's fucking funny.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:33 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I guess you have not

Shame really

Do you shove a remote up your bum when you get really mad?   You must admit, it's fucking funny.

Its very funny, as i have posted that video before on here. Its even funnier you think people are that stupid to not see the game you play

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:37 am

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think that just reinforces that she was trying to build her own preference by pretending to be a victim.  It's like tommy says, the old Victorian norms are in the past, and she has no legitimacy except to feign this frailty.

Nothing to do with Victorian norms, but the fact is a parent is going to be far more stable sitting down with a child on a moving train than standing up.

Apparently, the authorities don't give it a priority.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Apparently, the authorities don't give it a priority.

They should do though.
I guess it will sadly take an accident for them to do so

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:41 am

hint....having a child is NOT a disability

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:55 am

Lord Foul wrote:
hint....having a child is NOT a disability

Smile

Nope...
Too right there, Victor..

Last time I looked, having children was considered a "lfestyle choice", not a disability, nor an obligation.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:44 am

Lord Foul wrote:hint....having a child is NOT a disability

Who claimed it was?

Again this is about common sense and safety.

Buses and trains forgo safety, because they care only about making more money.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:47 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Read the article Quill.

it is in sydney, there is the 'less able' seats and the pregnant nursing mothers seats that you are supposed to give up.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:04 am

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

She didn't need a seat when the train was moving. She could have put the kid in the push chair.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:06 am

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There's your answer.

I thought you said it was stationary. When she wasn't breast feeding, she could put the kid in the push chair.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:14 am

She had another kid on the train who was sitting down I think. Why couldn't she sit down instead and ask the kid to stand next to her?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next