NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman

3 posters

Go down

Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman  Empty Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:28 pm

Today, for personal reasons, is a very, very sad day for me.  I came on here occasionally to distract myself, but ended up feeling worse because of the thinly, and in some cases, not so thinly disguised racism and hatred expressed on this site.  It sickens me, and I resolved that, by the end of the night I would find something that would cheer me up personally and give me hope that the English are not represented by the people who populate this site.  I might have known that it would be Geordies that would manage it.  My brother lives in Newcastle and going to visit him is always a joy, not just because I love him to bits, but because the Geordie people are simply the best.  Thank you for this Geordies, without it I don't think I would have made it through today.

Ruhi Rahman, 23, says members of public on Newcastle Metro supported her and told abusive man to get off train

A Muslim woman has thanked the public for standing up to a man who racially abused her and her sister on a packed Newcastle train.
Ruhi Rahman, 23, said she was threatened when the abuser told other passengers she could bomb the train, as she sat with her sister.
Other passengers on the on the Tyne and Wear Metro carriage, including football fans in replica shirts, were “angels” Rahman said, and told the man to get off the train.

The incident on Saturday afternoon between Newcastle and Whitley Bay, which is under investigation, ended with passengers clapping as the man got off at the next station.
Rahman, from Newcastle, wrote on her Facebook page about the episode and how a stranger had approached the sisters, telling them: “Get out of this seat now. This is my country.”

Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman  901d9141-4c7a-4393-98be-f8d7691d6016-bestSizeAvailable
Photograph: Screengrab/ Facebook
She said the man hurled anti-Muslim abuse at them, and said: “You’re bombing different countries and don’t deserve to be here or in this country.”
She said: “Before I even got a chance to react to his comments the women beside me supported me and helped. After a while most of the people on the Metro came over and spoke up for us and were being so supportive,” Rahman said, adding: “Also they even told the man to get off the Metro.”
She said it was “so sweet” to see how her fellow passengers on the Metro had supported her. “It really shows me how this world is full of such sweet people, and some dogs too,” Rahman said.
She said a woman beside her had started to cry “because she was so disgusted with his comments and she said no one should go though this” adding that “everyone also gave me a hug”. “It made me smile and appreciate how lovely they all were,” Rahman said.
She added: “I hope more people can not be so narrow-minded and realise how Islam should not be blamed for an individual’s act because Islam stands for peace not terrorism.”
In a separate post, she said the response from people had turned a negative “into something so positive”. She said: “I was so overwhelmed and still am with all your support.” She added: “Geordies are truly the best!”

Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman  C6392b0d-17ad-4c0f-aa8c-b9bb21aed382-bestSizeAvailable
Photograph: Screengrab/ Facebook
Sharon Kelly, managing director of DB Regio Tyne and Wear, which operates the Metro on behalf of Nexus, said: “We urge anyone with information about this incident to contact the police.The safety of our passengers is paramount. Incidents of this nature are rare on Metro and they will not be tolerated.
“A police investigation is now under way and we will work with them to help trace the culprit. This will include reviewing any available CCTV footage.”
Insp Ian King, from Northumbria police’s Metro unit, said: “We have received a report of an alleged racist incident happening on a Metro train at around 4.45pm on Saturday. Northumbria police take a hard stance against any form of attack on any minority group or individual and officers will be investigating this report.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/24/train-passengers-stand-up-against-racial-abuse-Muslim-woman-newcastle-metro

Well done them.

Back to top Go down

Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman  Empty Re: Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 pm

you are clearly feeling delicate sassy, so i'll shurrup...
I doubt you would appreciate the biting humour I could draw from this.....

chin up lass.....may Brigitte smile on you and give you strength

so mote it be

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman  Empty Re: Train passengers stand up against racial abuse of Muslim woman

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:you are clearly feeling delicate sassy, so i'll shurrup...
I doubt you would appreciate the biting humour I could draw from this.....

chin up lass.....may Brigitte smile on you and give you strength

so mote it be

Blessed Be Victor, I certainly need it today xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:35 pm

for you
from this grumpy old druid

May you see our high Lord's light on the path ahead
When the road you walk is dark.
May you always hear,
Even in your hour of sorrow,
The gentle singing of the lark.
When times are hard may hardness
Never turn your heart to stone,
May you always remember
when the shadows fall—
You do not walk alone.

so mote it be
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:41 pm

Now you have made me cry you grumpy old Druid you!

Thank you so much xx

Bright Blessings aways

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:05 am

Won't find me arguing with that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:34 pm

that sort are probaly not so different from ISIS. If they wern't restrained by the law, god alone knows what they would be like....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:53 pm

I'd always defend someone of they're treated badly or unfairly

Good for them
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down