NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Bouncer Faces Abuse In Sydney, Australia After Removing Woman For Being Too Drunk

4 posters

Go down

Muslim Bouncer Faces Abuse In Sydney, Australia After Removing Woman For Being Too Drunk Empty Muslim Bouncer Faces Abuse In Sydney, Australia After Removing Woman For Being Too Drunk

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:24 am

A Muslim man has been praised for his response to Islamophobic abuse sparked by his actions working as a bouncer at a nightclub in Sydney, Australia. A 55-year-old woman called Ali Hamam a “fucking Muslim fucking terrorist ----” after she was removed for being too drunk.

Despite the hateful comments, Hamam responded by saying: "She was probably going through a really rough phase, I understand that," before stating: "As an Australian, as a Muslim, we know better than that. Just because she sees one thing on the news somewhere else, she shouldn't bring it to Australia." Hamam made the comments to 7 News Sydney who posted a video of the interview on its Facebook page on Sunday.

A 10-minute-clip of the attack also shows the woman pushing him towards the road shouting, "Who are you? Who are you? You fucking rag head, fucking rag head ----." The security guard then made a citizens’ arrest. Police in the city are still deciding what action to take. People on the Facebook page praised the man for his response in the ordeal. "One word for this bloke. RESPECT,” wrote Chris Padovan. “To not lose it in those circumstances, and just hearing him speak. True gentlemen just there doing his job. Anybody else would have probably launched her away. To stay calm and cop that rubbish, I applaud you. Didn't deserve to cop any of that, but You sir, are a legend.” Callum Mokaraka added: "Actually can't believe that racism is still this severe. Respect this bloke, stereotypes can't always be seen as reality. Get to know the individual before hand no matter what race they are, no time for abusive behaviour."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/18/Muslim-bouncer-faces-abuse-in-sydney-australia-after-removing-woman-for-being-too-drunk_n_9009792.html

Indeed, I concur. Respect for the way he handled this hate crime.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Muslim Bouncer Faces Abuse In Sydney, Australia After Removing Woman For Being Too Drunk Empty Re: Muslim Bouncer Faces Abuse In Sydney, Australia After Removing Woman For Being Too Drunk

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:49 am

What does bombings and terrorism have to do with this bouncer?
He faced unfounded hate,. for no crime he did.

Back to top Go down

Muslim Bouncer Faces Abuse In Sydney, Australia After Removing Woman For Being Too Drunk Empty Re: Muslim Bouncer Faces Abuse In Sydney, Australia After Removing Woman For Being Too Drunk

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:55 am

What a ghastly, drunk woman.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:56 am

Agreed Rags

I am sure she will no doubt be shamed of herself watching that again

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:57 am

Didge wrote:Agreed Rags

I wonder what she was behaving like in the club to get thrown out. She probably didn't care what she said afterwards, she was probably annoyed at being chucked out.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:Agreed Rags

I wonder what she was behaving like in the club to get thrown out. She probably didn't care what she said afterwards, she was probably annoyed at being chucked out.

Indeed, that would be also interesting to know

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:01 pm

Tbh, I think the things she was actually saying aren't that relevant, it's her general drunken behaviour and lack of self control which are the issue. Let this be a lesson to middle aged ladies who go out clubbing. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Whilst I applaud him I'd like to just say, that many many black taxi drivers do this sort of thing all the time and still take pissed drunk (mainly women!) home, even when they're being abusive.

It just doesn't, ever, make the news
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:43 pm

eddie wrote:Whilst I applaud him I'd like to just say, that many many black taxi drivers do this sort of thing all the time and still take pissed drunk (mainly women!) home, even when they're being abusive.

Which is an interesting point Eddie, as blacks are constantly stereotyped as criminals.
But this is sadly the reality, where a group has people associated by religion more in the news for things wrong in the world. Where different groups like ethnic groups who are more so victimized are sidelined. As if to in some way balance out the terror that is going on in the world with Good news stories on Muslims.
That is the reality of the world we live in today
I am not saying we should not have these Good News stories on Muslims as we should, but you rightly say that there should be many other stories that show how other minorities have to deal with such situations themselves.
The balance is sadly lacking

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:57 pm

Yes you're right, the balance is lacking.

I wasn't trying to put a downer on the story tbf, I just wanted to highlight that a lot of people, most people, don't actually kick off when they're doing their job.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Eddie, your point was very valid and one that is very important to be said in how the media is very manipulative in how it approaches an issue, whether from the left or right leaning view point. Which is why people should always research and look into further on such matters. So whilst this story is important, so many who also suffer such situations have their stories go unheard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:44 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Whilst I applaud him I'd like to just say, that many many black taxi drivers do this sort of thing all the time and still take pissed drunk (mainly women!) home, even when they're being abusive.

Which is an interesting point Eddie, as blacks are constantly stereotyped as criminals.
But this is sadly the reality, where a group has people associated by religion more in the news for things wrong in the world. Where different groups like ethnic groups who are more so victimized are sidelined. As if to in some way balance out the terror that is going on in the world with Good news stories on Muslims.
I am not saying we should not have these Good News stories on Muslims as we should, but you rightly say that there should be many other stories that show how other minorities have to deal with such situations themselves.

I think she meant people who drive black taxis. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:45 pm

They are within their rights to refuse if someone is being abusive, and I certainly would if I drove a taxi. Shops, restaurants, and cafes don't put up with abusive customers - quite rightly.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol she may well have done rags, but I am sure there is Black licenced Black cabbies
Where again even with any Black cabs, who ever drives them should have their story told when facing racial, homophobic or religious hate crime

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

lol she may well have done rags, but I am sure there is Black licenced Black cabbies
Where again even with any Black cabs, who ever drives them should have their story told when facing racial, homophobic or religious hate crime

I think though that drunk abusive people will just say anything. If the guy had been a different religion or race she would have picked on that. How did she know he was a Muslim anyway?

I guess bouncers regularly get abused, especially if they've removed someone, so it's part of the job to an extent. Generally speaking though, nobody should tolerate being abused in the course of their work. She was drunk and disorderly, and that was enough to get her arrested anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I think though that drunk abusive people will just say anything. If the guy had been a different religion or race she would have picked on that. How did she know he was a Muslim anyway?

I guess bouncers regularly get abused, especially if they've removed someone, so it's part of the job to an extent. Generally speaking though, nobody should tolerate being abused in the course of their work. She was drunk and disorderly, and that was enough to get her arrested anyway.

Agreed but in some cases like here it is also a hate crime specifically based on his religion.
Maybe she just guessed or if a regular may have actually known to speak to when not in this drunken state.
So there is not one but two crimes committed here

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:40 pm

Lots of people just shout crap when they're pissed. They often don't mean it
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:40 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

she was arrested because she hit him
not for being drunk she would have caught a cab until she hit him and venue called police.

Basically the reson this was news is people have been calling bouncers poice sexist being much strickter on men then women, often women do get away with acts of violence. She obvuioyusly though she had dont nothgin wrong by HITTING A BOUNCER. Australian Women need to be taught they are not allowed to be violent either.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down