NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can this be considered racist?

+5
eddie
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
The Devil, You Know
Syl
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How can this be considered racist? - Page 2 Empty How can this be considered racist?

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/beyonce-tribute-act-axed-pride-10524957

"A singer accused of “blacking-up” to look like Beyonce has been axed from Durham Pride UK festival.
Leanne Harper, 31, had been booked to perform alongside acts such as Jedward and Amelia Lily for the Bank Holiday Monday night event.
But gay rights organisers of Durham Pride dropped her from last night’s bill because of ears of upsetting the black community.
Leanne says her stage make up is little more than “St Tropez tan” but politically correct zealots accused her of “blacking up”.
Leanne, who has been performing her tribute act Beeyonce for eight years."

I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How can this be considered racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can this be considered racist?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:21 pm

nicko wrote:Has anyone seen The Jersey Boys?  i'd have got up and danced if my legs worked  .

I hate having to read when you say you can no longer use your legs Nicko, but you can still move to music to enjoy. I know its not the same and it pains me to see you not able to enjoy things how you once did.

Sorry mate, I truly wish I could change that.

Back to top Go down

How can this be considered racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: How can this be considered racist?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Well if you cant make it own your own, this is a money maker Rags.

I guess so. I can understand tribute acts for artists who are dead - like Elvis or Michael Jackson, or bands which broke up - like Abba. Beyonce is still going strong though.

I see your point but to me, if I could make a living impersonating someone, then I would do it.

I am sure you would, whether they are alive or not

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2