NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can this be considered racist?

+5
eddie
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
The Devil, You Know
Syl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How can this be considered racist? Empty How can this be considered racist?

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:18 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/beyonce-tribute-act-axed-pride-10524957

"A singer accused of “blacking-up” to look like Beyonce has been axed from Durham Pride UK festival.
Leanne Harper, 31, had been booked to perform alongside acts such as Jedward and Amelia Lily for the Bank Holiday Monday night event.
But gay rights organisers of Durham Pride dropped her from last night’s bill because of ears of upsetting the black community.
Leanne says her stage make up is little more than “St Tropez tan” but politically correct zealots accused her of “blacking up”.
Leanne, who has been performing her tribute act Beeyonce for eight years."

I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How can this be considered racist? Empty Re: How can this be considered racist?

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm

This is her 'blacked up' face.  Rolling Eyes  

How can this be considered racist? 260517Beyoncetribute
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:27 pm

these days you cannot even make a tortilla unless you are mexican
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:33 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:these days you cannot even make a tortilla unless you are mexican

I'm having some of that with various other things for tea...I'm calling it a greek mezze. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/beyonce-tribute-act-axed-pride-10524957

"A singer accused of “blacking-up” to look like Beyonce has been axed from Durham Pride UK festival.
Leanne Harper, 31, had been booked to perform alongside acts such as Jedward and Amelia Lily for the Bank Holiday Monday night event.
But gay rights organisers of Durham Pride dropped her from last night’s bill because of ears of upsetting the black community.
Leanne says her stage make up is little more than “St Tropez tan” but politically correct zealots accused her of “blacking up”.

Does seem to be a bit of oversensitivity.  But you could make the same argument for the Confederate flag or removal of Confederate statues around New Orleans

Then there't the kkk hangman's noose, and somehow that's not funny...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/beyonce-tribute-act-axed-pride-10524957

Does seem to be a bit of oversensitivity.  But you could make the same argument for the Confederate flag or removal of Confederate statues around New Orleans

I'm not sure how a kkk symbol could be connected in any way to a Beyoncé tribute act Quill....you lost me.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Syl wrote:This is her 'blacked up' face.  Rolling Eyes  

monster.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:01 pm

Syl wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:these days you cannot even make a tortilla unless you are mexican

I'm having some of that with various other things for tea...I'm calling it a greek mezze. Twisted Evil
you cant culturally appropriate other cultures food you monster.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:02 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:

monster.

Slightly over made up but calling her a monster is a bit harsh. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Syl wrote:

Rubbish, there is a Spanish influence in my meal somewhere too. How can this be considered racist? 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:04 pm

monster.
beyonce isn't that black is she?
hasn't beyonce culturally appropriated white people hair?
surely that must be racist if white people having corn rows is racist

How can this be considered racist? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBgZsCGcrxakN-PVMBeUkJHqvUBkySU-09tIU0GI0rykHGl9-a
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Syl wrote:

Rubbish, there is a Spanish influence in my meal somewhere too. How can this be considered racist? 2385359624
you're not making it better.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Syl wrote:
monster.

Slightly over made up but calling her a monster is a bit harsh. Razz
she's a monster for oppressing the black man, or woman in this case. that would be the black woman who is whiter than her picture
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:13 pm

monster.
beyonce isn't that black is she?
hasn't beyonce culturally appropriated white people hair?
surely that must be racist if white people having corn rows is racist

How can this be considered racist? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBgZsCGcrxakN-PVMBeUkJHqvUBkySU-09tIU0GI0rykHGl9-a

No, it only works one way. Twisted Evil

There was a thread a while ago, 2 American students were accused of being racist because they took a selfie and posted it of them wearing  black face masks. It was pointed out that a black woman wearing a white face mask would never be judged in the same way.

I mean face masks as used in beauty treatments btw.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I'm not sure how a kkk symbol could be connected in any way to a Beyoncé tribute act Quill....you lost me.

I agree. But there is a blend of symbolism, with increasing noir import, progressing along with the severity of the meaning. All are symbols of race. Simulated dark skin is relatively harmless, even culturally significant, but the hangman's noose, though of the same ilk, is quite vicious.

In America, you would see and understand the connective path.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Pale skin in the black community is, according to my friend who's from Dominica, highly valued.  Her hubby has paler skin than her, and his family look down on her for having blacker skin.   That completely befuddled me way back when she told me, it seemed to make no sense.   But it's akin to the Indian caste system.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:03 pm

It isn't racist in the slightest.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I agree.  But there is a blend of symbolism, with increasing noir import, progressing along with the severity of the meaning.  All are symbols of race.  Simulated dark skin is relatively harmless, even culturally significant, but the hangman's noose, though of the same ilk, is quite vicious.

Well thankfully I don't see any connection Quill, not sure if that's because I am not American or just the way my mind differs to some.
I actually think it's insulting to black people to even think this girls act is racist.....as if trying to look like a popular artist should be frowned on, just because she is black or mixed race.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:33 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Pale skin in the black community is, according to my friend who's from Dominica, highly valued.  Her hubby has paler skin than her, and his family look down on her for having blacker skin.   That completely befuddled me way back when she told me, it seemed to make no sense.   But it's akin to the Indian caste system.

Beauty is considered different to different people.
White skin was always considered to be preferable, even in this country, where it was seen as a sign that the person was of better class if his skin was pale.....now brown skin is fashionable....whether you are born with it or spend fortunes acquiring it. Cool

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:33 pm

eddie wrote:It isn't racist in the slightest.  

Of course its not racist. She sings and looks like the artist.I mean would they have had an issued that instead of basically make up that she had got a tan instead? That she harm her skin? The reality is she could darken her skin naturally through tanning. I find this a cancer less free way to look like who she is performing as. She is not looking to insult or demean the artist in any shape or form

What next, that any Elvis blonde impressionist, who darkens his hair is racist to Cherokee Indians?

Some people see racism in anything, because they want to make drama where there is no dram

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:It isn't racist in the slightest.  

Of course its not racist. She sings and looks like the artist.I mean would they have had an issued that instead of basically make up that she had got a tan instead? That she harm her skin? The reality is she could darken her skin naturally through tanning. I find this a cancer less free way to look like who she is performing as. She is not looking to insult or demean the artist in any shape or form

What next, that any Elvis blonde impressionist, who darkens his hair is racist to Cherokee Indians?

Some people see racism in anything, because they want to make drama where there is no dram

I hope the publicity she has received boosts rather than harms her career....she is a good tribute act from what I saw of her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Of course its not racist. She sings and looks like the artist.I mean would they have had an issued that instead of basically make up that she had got a tan instead? That she harmed her skin? The reality is she could darken her skin naturally through tanning. I find this a cancer less free way to look like who she is performing as. She is not looking to insult or demean the artist in any shape or form

I hope the publicity she has received boosts rather than harms her career....she is a good tribute act from what I saw of her.

It will no doubt boost her and hopefully makes those who have accused her look complete idiots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Unbelievably she received death threats....what's the matter with some people.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:49 pm

Syl wrote:Unbelievably she received death threats....what's the matter with some people.

Because hate comes on all sides of the political spectrum. It seems people are becoming what we once have seen happen countless times in history before. They channel and fuel on hate against people. These same people would go nuts and rightly so if any black person received death threats. Yet they do and become as those who are racist with hate. There is little that separates their hate. Only who they direct their hate at.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:19 am

afro

"Much ado about nothing", methinks..

I have cousins who are darker than either of them...

It would only take me a couple of weeks of tanning naturally under the summer sun here, to be darker than Beyonce, but she would still have those slightly negroid/Afro-American features (e.g. eyes, nose, backside)..

And then there's Beyonce's peroxide-blonde rinse, re: DYK's earlier comment.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:Unbelievably she received death threats....what's the matter with some people.

Because hate comes on all sides of the political spectrum. It seems people are becoming what we once have seen happen countless times in history before. They channel and fuel on hate against people. These same people would go nuts and rightly so if any black person received death threats. Yet they do and become as those who are racist with hate. There is little that separates their hate. Only who they direct their hate at.

There is no rhyme or reason for this kind of hatred, its probably not even that, just the mindless few trying to intimidate someone they don't even know whilst sat in the safety of their own homes.......cowardly trolls jumping on the band wagon to slate this woman who has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I hope Durham University Labour club who started all this, are proud of the way they treated this girl....idiots.

"Ms Harper’s act Beeyonce was included on promotional materials distributed in Durham and on social media to promote the event.
But this led to threats of a boycott by groups such as Durham University Labour Club, who wrote on Facebook: ‘After a lot of controversy over Durham Pride’s inaccessibility issues, and their decision to hire a black face performer, with a heavy heart, DULC’s exec has decided that we will not be officially attending Durham Pride this year.’"

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

There is no rhyme or reason for this kind of hatred, its probably not even that, just the mindless few trying to intimidate someone they don't even know whilst sat in the safety of their own homes.......cowardly trolls jumping on the band wagon to slate this woman who has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I hope Durham University Labour club who started all this, are proud of the way they treated this girl....idiots.

"Ms Harper’s act Beeyonce was included on promotional materials distributed in Durham and on social media to promote the event.
But this led to threats of a boycott by groups such as Durham University Labour Club, who wrote on Facebook: ‘After a lot of controversy over Durham Pride’s inaccessibility issues, and their decision to hire a black face performer, with a heavy heart, DULC’s exec has decided that we will not be officially attending Durham Pride this year.’"

Labour Club?

Why am i not surprised this has come from the left.

Well that says it all to me Syl, that some on the left are as extreme as the Far Right these days with their hate and stupidity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Have to go Syl, so have a good day.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Thorin wrote:Have to go Syl, so have a good day.

x

Ditto Thor....SYL.

(That means see you later) Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Labour Club?

Well that says it all to me Syl, that some on the left are as extreme as the Far Right these days with their hate and stupidity.

I had strong ties with Durham, spent a lot of my childhood there, seems a pity there is such a negative backward influence there now. Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Weird thing: A white woman has darkened her skin to look like a dark woman who's trying to lighten her skin.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Labour Club?

I had strong ties with Durham, spent a lot of my childhood there, seems a pity there is such a negative backward influence there now. Sad

That makes it even worse if its a place that was a great part of your life, to now see idiots ruin the place.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:49 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:afro

"Much ado about nothing",  methinks..

I have cousins who are darker than either of them...

It would only take me a couple of weeks of tanning naturally under the summer sun here, to be darker than Beyonce, but she would still have those slightly negroid/Afro-American features (e.g. eyes, nose, backside)..

And then there's Beyonce's peroxide-blonde rinse, re: DYK's earlier comment.

There's something about this narrative that just doesn't add up.  Can't quite put my finger on it ... but something just doesn't ring true, sorry.  I smell an agenda here.

First off,  I see no reason why someone would be criticised for trying to look like the singer she is impersonating. It's only natural that she would do her best to look like Beyonce if she's trying to do a tribute act to her. It is a compliment to Beyonce. Why would anyone feel Beyonce is being disrespected??

The only reason I could come up with, why someone takes offence to this girl darkening up, is that maybe it's vaguely reminiscent of performers of yesteryear blackening up  to look like the black and white minstrels??? Even so, it's hardly the same thing, cos this girl actually admires and respects Beyonce.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:51 am

Now the question of death threats...... sorry, I don't believe one damn word of it.  In these days of fake news and it's quite possible that people who dislike lefties are deliberately posing as lefties and posting death threats themselves. Isn't this how anonymous people operate on numerous sites all over the world?  - they post a load of crap, hoping that the people they dislike would get the blame.

IE I feel   some aspects of this story  are being deliberately spun and over-egged to get Mr bored retired civil servant and Mrs Bored housewife of surburbia  foutraging their heads off, and jabbering on and on about those "awful  PC lefties".

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:01 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I agree.  But there is a blend of symbolism, with increasing noir import, progressing along with the severity of the meaning.  All are symbols of race.  Simulated dark skin is relatively harmless, even culturally significant, but the hangman's noose, though of the same ilk, is quite vicious.

Spot on, as always, Quill.
Obama becoming the POTUS was something the supremacists found impossible to accept and this was why the tea party was created.  Look at the tissue of lies they spun about his birth certificate and his religion, blah blah blah, from   fake news.com

Who is benefitting from this Beyonce story?
People who want leftwingers to be disliked and people who want their 15minutes of fame, that's who!

Goodnight Quill. x

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:03 am

Jules wrote:Now the question of death threats...... sorry, I don't believe one damn word of it.  In these days of fake news and it's quite possible that people who dislike lefties are deliberately posing as lefties and posting death threats themselves. Isn't this how anonymous people operate on numerous sites all over the world?  - they post a load of crap, hoping that the people they dislike would get the blame.

IE I feel   some aspects of this story  are being deliberately spun and over-egged to get Mr bored retired civil servant and Mrs Bored housewife of surburbia  foutraging their heads off, and jabbering on and on about those "awful  PC lefties".

And here is a true example of regressive behaviour.

The Far right make death threats, but people on the left?

No way, its impossible. That people on the Far let could issue death threats.

What did you fail to understand about people driven by hate Jules?

When on both extremes of the spectrum people do hate?

Do you think Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, Mao etc were just wrongly cast as genocidal murderers?

What ever political view, those on the extreme, whether left or right can and do send death threats.

Stop trying to defend those who are wrong, as it does not matter whether they are left or right, they both call for hate.

Nobody ever defends when its far right, if they did, you and I would rightly shame them and yet you now cannot conceive Labour Momentum supporters making death threats?

You must seriously live in a bubble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:12 am

Jules wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Spot on, as always, Quill.
Obama becoming the POTUS was something the supremacists found impossible to accept and this was why the tea party was created.  Look at the tissue of lies they spun about his birth certificate and his religion, blah blah blah, from   fake news.com

Who is benefitting from this Beyonce story?
People who want leftwingers to be disliked and people who want their 15minutes of fame, that's who!

Goodnight Quill. x

Nobody wants lefties to be disliked, I have many lefties on here I consider friends.
They would never issue death threats and are as appalled that an impressionist would receive
This girl has received death threats for doing what?
Being like Beyonce? How is that racism? By wanting be as great as someone?
When racism is based on demeaning those you view inferior?
How is it racist to want to be in awe on someone?

This is why you fail to understand anything
This girl has always been in awe of Beyonce and she is classed as a racist. Are you kidding me you can not see how wrong that is?

This is the problem with regressives like you, that you fail to condemn something that is wrong. The hate directed at this impressionist, who clearly adores Beyonce.

And what did you do?

Excuse and deny she had received death threats

Failed to condemn those who called her racist.

You are quintessentially everything that is wrong with the retrogressive left and not the left in general, They know when something is wrong, and I know they would not make excuses as you have.

Last edited by Thorin on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:14 am

Jules wrote:
it's quite possible that people who dislike lefties are deliberately posing as lefties and posting death threats themselves.

Thorin wrote:
The Far right make death threats, but people on the left? No way, its impossible. That people on the Far let could issue death threats.

Compare the above two posts. My post quite clearly incorporates an element of doubt. I am toying with a theory and I said that it was "quite possible"
You twist my words to saying that I said "no way it's impossible". Where did I say ''no way''??

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:15 am

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:
it's quite possible that people who dislike lefties are deliberately posing as lefties and posting death threats themselves.

Thorin wrote:
The Far right make death threats, but people on the left? No way, its impossible. That people on the Far let could issue death threats.

Compare the above two posts. My post quite clearly incorporates an element of doubt. I am toying with a theory and I said that it was "quite possible"
You twist my words to saying that I said "no way it's impossible". Where did I say ''no way''??

So you doubt she has had death threats.

Would you doubt if they were right wing?

Serious question?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:17 am

Jules wrote:

Oh and do your editing correctly, you said the above, not me

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:18 am

This is precisely what Veya has been talking about these past couple of days.

It is not even your thread, yet you jump straight on my back to deliver the sermon according to the gospel of St Thorin.

I have a feeling that you are the first person in my 10/12 years on forums that I will have to put on ignore and now I finally understand why others put you on ignore.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:24 am

Jules wrote:This is precisely what Veya  has been talking about these past couple of days.

It is not even your thread, yet you jump straight on my back to deliver the sermon according to the gospel of St Thorin.

I have a feeling that you are the first person in my 10/12 years  on forums that I will have to put on ignore and now I finally understand why others put you on ignore.

1) This is precisely what regressive do when shown up, they misdirect

2) I never jumped in, you did, I had already been posting on this thread and yet you denied that she had received death threats and even worse made excuses over her being condemned wrongly for being racist

3) I have a feeling you are not the kind of person i would ever trust or want to listen to. You try and put this onto me, after your failings here?

I am happy for you to use me as a punch bag, as your blows keep glancing off. As the more you pathetically make excuses, all can see the poor way you are portraying yourself.

The fact you immediately ruled out death threats as being real and claimed fake news, shows how brainwashed you are. How on earth can you rule out hate, seriously, no matter the quarter it comes from?

Yet you did only after knowing they were Labour.

The worst part of this is, as many Labour supporters would also condemn the hate she received and yet you said it was not possible. Now you could prove me wrong and condemn the hate and death threats she received and admit this was not racist.

Or you can stand by the hate she received, as you have and continue to make excuses for this and cast her as racist.

So which is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:46 am

It's just fake tan - no need for such a fuss.

Mind you, I don't really get these "tribute" acts - she should do her own thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:48 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It's just fake tan - no need for such a fuss.

Mind you, I don't really get these "tribute" acts - she should do her own thing.

Well if you cant make it own your own, this is a money maker Rags.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:49 am

Jules wrote:Now the question of death threats...... sorry, I don't believe one damn word of it.  In these days of fake news and it's quite possible that people who dislike lefties are deliberately posing as lefties and posting death threats themselves. Isn't this how anonymous people operate on numerous sites all over the world?  - they post a load of crap, hoping that the people they dislike would get the blame.

It's also possible that all kinds of people - lefties, righties, and nutters in the middle, are posting death threats. There's a lot of it about these days.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:31 am

Thorin wrote:

I like a good tribute act. Cool

I think it was Dolly Parton (I may be wrong though) who said she entered a talent contest for a Dolly Parton lookalike/singalike once and came second. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:34 am

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

That makes it even worse if its a place that was a great part of your life, to now see idiots ruin the place.

My dad came from Durham... my grandparents lived there and I spend some very happy childhood holidays there when I was young. All I remember is how kind and welcoming the people were, it was a very close knit mining community back in those days.

Last edited by Syl on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:35 am

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I like a good tribute act. Cool

I think it was Dolly Parton (I may be wrong though) who said she entered a talent contest for a Dolly Parton lookalike/singalike once and came second. Laughing  

lol that's funny and just shows you.. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Thorin wrote:

I guess so. I can understand tribute acts for artists who are dead - like Elvis or Michael Jackson, or bands which broke up - like Abba. Beyonce is still going strong though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:13 pm

Has anyone seen The Jersey Boys? i'd have got up and danced if my legs worked .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next