NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively

+3
Ben Reilly
Fred Moletrousers
Independent Thoughts
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Empty Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:40 pm

A CNN/ORC poll conducted Tuesday night showed that most Americans had positive reactions to President Trump’s Tuesday address to joint sessions of Congress.

Reaction to speech
57% said they had a “very positive reaction to the speech”
21% said they felt “somewhat positive” about Trump’s speech.
11% said they felt “somewhat negative” about the speech
10% said they felt “very negative” in response to the speech.

In total 78% positive vs 21% negative.

Will Trump’s proposed policies will lead the country in the right direction?
69% said yes.
26% said no.

Are Trump’s proposed priorities on track?
63% said yes.
36% said no.

Are Trump's economic ideas on the right track?
72% said yes.
27% said no.

Are Trump’s proposals to combat terrorism on the right track?
70% said yes.
29% said no.

On the subject of immigration, 62% believed Trump’s proposals were on the right track. And 64% agreed with Trump’s proposed tax policies.

CNN/ORC poll: 7-in-10 speech-watchers say Trump boosted optimism

Last edited by Lord Independent Thoughts on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Empty Re: Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:A CNN/ORC poll conducted Tuesday night showed that most Americans had positive reactions to President Trump’s Tuesday address to joint sessions of Congress.

Reaction to speech

69% said yes.
26% said no.

63% said yes.
36% said no.

72% said yes.
27% said no.

70% said yes.
29% said no.

On the subject of immigration, 62% believed Trump’s proposals were on the right track. And 64% agreed with Trump’s proposed tax policies.

that's great to see after all the negative reporting and protesting .

Back to top Go down

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Empty Re: Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:A CNN/ORC poll conducted Tuesday night showed that most Americans had positive reactions to President Trump’s Tuesday address to joint sessions of Congress.

Reaction to speech

69% said yes.
26% said no.

63% said yes.
36% said no.

72% said yes.
27% said no.

70% said yes.
29% said no.

I do not like Trump as a person and I'm glad that he's not my Head of State (that's Her Britannic Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God...etc.,etc) but those poll results are fascinating - and revealing. I can't wait to see the reaction of the Democrat faction in this forum. Seriously!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Indeed.

Here's another log for the fire...

CNN commentator, former Obama green jobs czar, and Liberal ultra-leftist Van Jones was awestruck by the address that President Trump gave and even pin-pointed the moment he thought that Trump “became the president.”

“He became president of the United States, in that moment. Period.”

The moment Jones is referring to is the recognition that Trump gave to Carryn Owens, the widow of the Navy SEAL who was killed in the Yemen raid ordered by Trump weeks into his presidency.

Van Jones wrote:
There are a lot of people, who have a lot of reason to be frustrated with him, to be fearful of him, to be mad at him. But that is one of the most extraordinary moments you have ever seen in American politics. Period.

And he did something extraordinary. And for people who have been hoping that he would become unifying, hoping that he might find some way to become presidential, they should be happy with that moment.

For people who have been hoping that maybe he would remain a divisive cartoon, which he often finds a way to do, they should begin to become a little worried tonight. Because that thing you just saw him do – if he finds a way to do that over and over again, he’s gonna be there for eight years.

Now there is a lot that he said in that speech that was counterfactual, that was not right that I oppose, and will oppose. But he did something tonight that you cannot take away from him – he became president of the United States.

Hear it for yourself, here:

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:17 pm

That made me cry what a wonderful thing to do - very moving Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Putin must be so proud!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Not sure if he is or not, but 78% of Americans sure are. Smile
Time to get out of the protest line and get with the program, Democrats. It's no more "politics as usual".

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:Not sure if he is or not, but 78% of Americans sure are.  Smile
Time to get out of the protest line and get with the program, Democrats.  It's no more "politics as usual".

You cheer for a president who has been compromised by a hostile foreign power.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:43 pm

Ben wrote:
You cheer for a president who has been compromised by a hostile foreign power.

There are facts... and there is mud-slinging.
Your sentence is not supported by any facts. Zero. None. Nada.
It's sheer conspiracy theory and a laughable tactic by the obstructive left to undermine Trump's presidency.
It would be right at home with the other fictional characters in Imagination Land.
Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Latest?cb=20091213081151

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively 003-TRUMP-RUSSIA-01-800x416

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Trump-cia

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:55 pm

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions as part of a broad investigation into possible links between Russian officials and associates of President-elect Donald J. Trump, including his former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, current and former senior American officials said.

The continuing counterintelligence investigation means that Mr. Trump will take the oath of office on Friday with his associates under investigation and after the intelligence agencies concluded that the Russian government had worked to help elect him. As president, Mr. Trump will oversee those agencies and have the authority to redirect or stop at least some of these efforts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/us/politics/trump-russia-associates-investigation.html?_r=0

According to a report by the Washington Post, Christopher Steele entered into an arrangement with the FBI to be paid to continue his work on collecting information regarding the alleged ties between Donald Trump and Russia.

Steele, a former MI6 agent, is the author of the now-infamous dossier that alleged the Russian government was attempting to compromise Trump, and that they had been “cultivating, supporting and assisting” him for years. Steele had compiled the dossier while working for a firm that had been hired to compile opposition research on Trump ahead of the election.

With Election Day approaching, Steele was due to stop being paid by the firm, but he felt the work was too important to discontinue. That is when he entered into an agreement with the FBI. However, he would end up not being paid by the agency.

Ultimately, the FBI did not pay Steele. Communications between the bureau and the former spy were interrupted as Steele’s now-famous dossier became the subject of news stories, congressional inquiries and presidential denials, according to the people familiar with the arrangement, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ex-british-spy-behind-trump-dossier-reached-agreement-with-fbi-to-be-paid-for-work/

Speaker Paul Ryan got a question after his meeting with President Trump today about calls for a special prosecutor into Russian election interference — spurred on by the comments of one Republican lawmaker.

Ryan said he “can’t speak to” whether Jeff Sessions should recuse himself, and he said the proper place right now for this investigation is the congressional intelligence committees.

“We know Russia meddled in the election,” Ryan said, “No one is disputing that. And this last government gave us that information in the first place. No one is alleging that some American was in on it beforehand.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/paul-ryan-we-know-russia-meddled-in-the-election-no-one-is-disputing-that/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Ben's 1st link wrote:
American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions...
And?  What were the findings of this "examination"?
The FBI investigated Hillary, and concluded no criminal charges should be pursued.  That was an investigation.
You're hinging your belief on an "examination"?  Ok.

Ben's 2nd link wrote:
Christopher Steele entered into an arrangement with...
So, your evidence is a soon-to-be-released book by a writer who stands to make an enormous amount of money if he publishes controversial things about Trump?  Ha!  I want to write a book, too!  Just tell me two things, before I begin:  First, tell me all the bad things you want me to say.  Second, tell me the millions I stand to make if I write them. Wink

Ben's 3rd Link wrote:
No one is alleging that some American was in on it beforehand.

Trump = American.
Reread that sentence I quoted. Wink

This, too, shall die and wither, along with all the other manufactured crisis' from the Liberals.

Come on Democrats! You've given it your best, trying to derail Trump. But he keeps excelling and gaining popularity. You know what the old saying is...

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively 788152

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:
Ben's 1st link wrote:
American law enforcement and intelligence agencies are examining intercepted communications and financial transactions...
And?  What were the findings of this "examination"?
The FBI investigated Hillary, and concluded no criminal charges should be pursued.  That was an investigation.
You're hinging your belief on an "examination"?  Ok.

The same sentence and the next sentence says it's an investigation.

Ben's 2nd link wrote:
Christopher Steele entered into an arrangement with...
So, your evidence is a soon-to-be-released book by a writer who stands to make an enormous amount of money if he publishes controversial things about Trump?  Ha!  I want to write a book, too!  Just tell me two things, before I begin:  First, tell me all the bad things you want me to say.  Second, tell me the millions I stand to make if I write them. Wink[/quote]

Christopher Steele is the retired M16 agent who compiled the Russia dossier on Trump -- which was presented to Trump, President Obama and national security chiefs.

Ben's 3rd Link wrote:
No one is alleging that some American was in on it beforehand.

Trump = American.
Reread that sentence I quoted. Wink[/quote]

Re-read the entire passage and you'll see that Ryan acknowledges that Russia interfered in our election. The fact that you don't care is tragic.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Ben wrote:
Christopher Steele is the retired M16 agent who compiled the Russia dossier on Trump...

Great! Now we're getting somewhere! All we need to do, now, is to quote from that dossier where it says that Trump is "a president who has been compromised by a hostile foreign power".

Ben, if you can show that to me, I will turn so anti-Trump that you'll be constantly asking me to tone down my criticisms of him. Yes, I will be so anti-Trump that you'll start feeling pity for him.

So..... [drumroll, here]
Let's see that quote!

[crickets chirping, here]

Ummmm.... quote please?

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:41 pm

Ben wrote:
Re-read the entire passage and you'll see that Ryan acknowledges that Russia interfered in our election.

Yes, I saw that.  And immediately after, he said that "No one is alleging that some American was in on it beforehand."

Ben wrote:
The fact that you don't care is tragic.

The fact that it happened means that the Democrats in office were taking a long nap for the past 8 years.  Neither Hillary, nor the DNC, have ever heard the term "cyber security" before, or ignorantly deemed their servers safe.  Perhaps they thought the hackers of the world were part of the "JV team" that ISIS is on. Basketball

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Ns0bx

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Nyjme

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Sijy2

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Ben wrote:
Christopher Steele is the retired M16 agent who compiled the Russia dossier on Trump...

Great!  Now we're getting somewhere!  All we need to do, now, is to quote from that dossier where it says that Trump is "a president who has been compromised by a hostile foreign power".

Ben, if you can show that to me, I will turn so anti-Trump that you'll be constantly asking me to tone down my criticisms of him.  Yes, I will be so anti-Trump that you'll start feeling pity for him.

So..... [drumroll, here]
Let's see that quote!

Ummmm.... quote please?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/fbi-investigating-allegations-russia-compromised-trump
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:03 pm

I am waiting for anyone to show why they think his speech was good and at what points. To show they have reason, or whether they were based off emotions.

For example Military Spending?

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:10 pm

@Ben

Seems that your link came to the same conclusion I did:

Your link wrote:
In Mother Jones' original report, we did not publish the memos drafted by the intelligence official or cite specific details from the documents because the allegations could not be confirmed.

Those are some pretty damaging accusations. To peddle unconfirmed news with anonymous sources is gossip.
But, I suppose some people will allow themselves to believe anything that fits their narrative. I'm no such "emotional thinker". Show me the facts.

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:23 pm

"It started off as a fairly general inquiry," says the former spook, who asks not to be identified.
According to his sources, he says
near the start of July on his own initiative—without the permission of the US company that hired him—he sent a report he had written for that firm to a contact at the FBI, according to the former intelligence officer and his American associates, who asked not to be identified. (He declines to identify the FBI contact.)

All of this is the work of one man.  A man about to sell a book.
His dossier was not commissioned. He has no sources.  Everything is based on what he, and he alone, is saying.  Where is the corroborative evidence?  Why is he the only person that seems to know anything about this?

Like I said.  This story is as empty as a DNC rally.  All fluff and nothing can be confirmed.

Last edited by Lord Independent Thoughts on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Thorin wrote:I am waiting for anyone to show why they think his speech was good and at what points. To show they have reason, or whether they were based off emotions.

I think the points are too numerous to list where his arguments are flawed, unsubstantiated or false.  What the RW'rs are applauding is that fact that he made it through an hour-long speech without picking a fight, insulting someone or otherwise making a fool out of himself.

The substance of his speech is lacking details, or pablum Republicanism or just cheer leading.  The sighs of relief that you hear are for not grabbing a pussy or mocking a disabled person.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:I am waiting for anyone to show why they think his speech was good and at what points. To show they have reason, or whether they were based off emotions.

I think the points are too numerous to list where his arguments are flawed, unsubstantiated or false.  What the RW'rs are applauding is that fact that he made it through an hour-long speech without picking a fight, insulting someone or otherwise making a fool out of himself.

The substance of his speech is lacking details, or pablum Republicanism or just cheer leading.  The sighs of relief that you hear are for not grabbing a pussy or mocking a disabled person.

Interesting Quill, but to me I would rather someone would attempt to back up his statements with reasoned evidence. I responded to a claim on another thread, where it was claimed, they were spot on.
Clearly basing this off opinion and the polls for the speech.
I want to know are any of the these policies practical and what implications they are going to have? Even more so on a global effect.
Like I said, why the vast increase in Military spending?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Interesting Quill, but to me I would rather someone would attempt to back up his statements with reasoned evidence. I responded to a claim on another thread, where it was claimed, they were spot on.
Clearly basing this off opinion and the polls for the speech.
I want to know are any of the these policies practical and what implications they are going to have? Even more so on a global effect.
Like I said, why the vast increase in Military spending?

What "vast increase" in military spending? Smile Trump speech was riddled with lies and half-truths: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/feb/28/fact-checking-donald-trumps-address-congress/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:55 pm

"It started off as a fairly general inquiry," says the former spook, who asks not to be identified.
According to his sources, he says
near the start of July on his own initiative—without the permission of the US company that hired him—he sent a report he had written for that firm to a contact at the FBI, according to the former intelligence officer and his American associates, who asked not to be identified. (He declines to identify the FBI contact.)

All of this is the work of one man.  A man about to sell a book.
His dossier was not commissioned. He has no sources.  Everything is based on what he, and he alone, is saying.  Where is the corroborative evidence?  Why is he the only person that seems to know anything about this?

Like I said.  This story is as empty as a DNC rally.  All fluff and nothing can be confirmed.

He was commissioned by Republicans, originally, then the Clinton campaign payed him to keep it up. Interestingly enough, instead of reporting back to the campaign, he reported directly to the FBI, which is currently investigating Trump and his ties to Russia.

He's a legendary former MI6 spy, not some blowhard. He fled into hiding with his family after the dossier made news.

If you're having trouble understanding the importance of this -- of which George W. Bush said, "I think we all need answers" -- try this out:

"Trump may be compromised by Russia."

"Trump Obama may be compromised by Russia Iran."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Ben wrote:

Great!  Now we're getting somewhere!  All we need to do, now, is to quote from that dossier where it says that Trump is "a president who has been compromised by a hostile foreign power".

Ben, if you can show that to me, I will turn so anti-Trump that you'll be constantly asking me to tone down my criticisms of him.  Yes, I will be so anti-Trump that you'll start feeling pity for him.

So..... [drumroll, here]
Let's see that quote!

Ummmm.... quote please?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Ben wrote:

So..... [drumroll, here]
Let's see that quote!

Ummmm.... quote please?

lol!

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19915-poll-shows-most-americans-viewed-trump-s-congressional-address-positively#384274

Laughing Embarassed
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:10 pm

Much as I dislike Trump the man...and if that isn't evident by now then everyone here is asleep...I must say that I have to applaud the manner and obvious sincerity of his tribute to that US Navy SEAL.

Without going into too much detail - far too dangerous in the social media - I have the honour of fulfilling a particular role in the UK's leading charity for the support of military veterans, from WW1 (not that any are alive now),through WW2 and right up until the present day covering conflicts including Korea, the Balkans, the Falklands and the Middle East.

I would love to see one of our leading politicians, of any party, emulate such a ringing and moving expression of commitment and support to our own brave service personnel who have been sent by politicians to fight and die for the protection of United Kingdom citizens and our national interests.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:@Ben

Seems that your link came to the same conclusion I did:

Your link wrote:
In Mother Jones' original report, we did not publish the memos drafted by the intelligence official or cite specific details from the documents because the allegations could not be confirmed.

Those are some pretty damaging accusations.  To peddle unconfirmed news with anonymous sources is gossip.
But, I suppose some people will allow themselves to believe anything that fits their narrative.  I'm no such "emotional thinker".  Show me the facts.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:17 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Much as I dislike Trump the man...and if that isn't evident by now then everyone here is asleep...I must say that I have to applaud the manner and obvious sincerity of his tribute to that US Navy SEAL.

Without going into too much detail - far too dangerous in the social media - I have the honour of fulfilling a particular role in the UK's leading charity for the support of military veterans, from WW1 (not that any are alive now),through WW2 and right up until the present day covering conflicts including Korea, the Balkans, the Falklands and the Middle East.

I would love to see one of our leading politicians, of any party, emulate such a ringing and moving expression of commitment and support to our own brave service personnel who have been sent by politicians to fight and die  for the protection of United Kingdom citizens and our national interests.

It would have been bizarre had he not paid tribute to Ryan Owens, but I can't help thinking he shouldn't have gotten Owens killed in the first place -- particularly since the U.S. got nothing of value from the raid. Trump just tossed that fine man's life into the trash.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:19 pm

I was just reading about that:

The prolonged standing ovation that Fake President Trump led on Tuesday for the widow of a fallen US commando was an effective bit of political theater. It also masked the lingering controversy over the botched raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, which has injected a grieving family into a raging political debate about whether the White House erred in signing off on the mission.

Near the end of his high-profile speech to Congress Tuesday, Trump paused to pay tribute to Owens’s widow, Carryn Owens, who was sitting next to the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump.

“Ryan died as he lived: a warrior, and a hero — battling against terrorism and securing our nation,” Trump said as Carryn Owens began to cry. “I just spoke to Gen. Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, ‘Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.’"

It was one of the only lines in Trump’s speech that brought lawmakers from both parties to their feet. It was also, at best, a debatable assessment of the mission that took Owens’s life.

Owens, a member of the military’s elite SEAL Team 6, was killed in late January after his unit came under intense fire during an assault on a fortified terrorist compound in Yemen. The Pentagon said the SEALs killed at least 14 militants from al-Qaeda’s Yemeni affiliate, but also acknowledged that at least 25 civilians — including the 8-year-old daughter of a militant who had been killed by a US drone years earlier — were killed in the fighting.

The deaths, and the fact that the SEALs didn’t kill or capture the al-Qaeda leaders they were targeting, prompted immediate questions about why Trump had greenlit the operation, and about whether the intelligence gathered at the scene was worth the high human and financial cost (a $70 million US aircraft was also destroyed during the mission).

Owens’s father, Bill, refused to meet with Trump after his son’s body was brought back to the US because of his anger over the raid, which marked a rare use of American ground forces inside Yemen.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,” Owens told a military chaplain at Dover Air Force Base, according to a report by the Miami Herald. “I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him.”

The Pentagon has insisted that the raid produced “actionable intelligence,” but offered no details to substantiate the claim. That assessment isn’t universally shared: NBC News reported Tuesday that the raid had “so far yielded no significant intelligence.”

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/28/14773716/trump-fallen-navy-seal-owens-carryn-widow-yemen-raid-speech-congress
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:Much as I dislike Trump the man...and if that isn't evident by now then everyone here is asleep...I must say that I have to applaud the manner and obvious sincerity of his tribute to that US Navy SEAL.

I would love to see one of our leading politicians, of any party, emulate such a ringing and moving expression of commitment and support to our own brave service personnel who have been sent by politicians to fight and die  for the protection of United Kingdom citizens and our national interests.

It would have been bizarre had he not paid tribute to Ryan Owens, but I can't help thinking he shouldn't have gotten Owens killed in the first place -- particularly since the U.S. got nothing of value from the raid. Trump just tossed that fine man's life into the trash.

Ben, politicians have always done that. If there's one truisim that deserves the title, it is that politicians make wars; young soldiers die in them.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Ben, politicians have always done that. If there's one truisim that deserves the title, it is that politicians make wars; young soldiers die in them.

So ... does that make it acceptable?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

So ... does that make it acceptable?

Of course it doesn't...but at least he has acknowledged the sacrifice made by a brave man. And how often does that happen?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Ben wrote:
...then the Clinton campaign payed him to keep it up.

Ahhhh... commissioned by Trump's campaign adversary.  Well, why didn't you just say so in the first place?  That totally makes everything all that much more believable, now!
Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively 371740092

Let me know what becomes of those conspiracy theories, Ben. I personally think we'll find more truth in the tale of Bigfoot than we will from some guy hired by the Clintons. I know, I know, it sounds crazy, huh? Wink

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Conspiracy-theory

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:07 am

Ben wrote:
He was commissioned by Republicans, originally, then the Clinton campaign payed him to keep it up. Interestingly enough, instead of reporting back to the campaign, he reported directly to the FBI, which is currently investigating Trump and his ties to Russia.

He's a legendary former MI6 spy, not some blowhard. He fled into hiding with his family after the dossier made news.

If you're having trouble understanding the importance of this -- of which George W. Bush said, "I think we all need answers" -- try this out:

"Trump may be compromised by Russia."

"Trump Obama may be compromised by Russia Iran."

Ahhhh... commissioned by Trump's campaign adversary.  Well, why didn't you just say so in the first place?  That totally makes everything all that much more believable, now!
Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively 371740092

Let me know what becomes of those conspiracy theories, Ben.  I personally think we'll find more truth in the tale of Bigfoot than we will from some guy hired by the Clintons.  I know, I know, it sounds crazy, huh? Wink

If you don't stop deceptively editing my posts when you quote them, I'm putting you in the basement. This is your only warning.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 am

Ben wrote:
If you don't stop deceptively editing my posts when you quote them...

Deceptively quote?  Yes, I understand that you enjoy quoting an entire post when you quote someone, while I only quote the parts relevant to my response.  The ellipses ("...") before the sentence clearly indicates that it is but a portion of the sentence I'm quoting.  I think you're allowing your anger to inadvertently insult the intelligence of the readers, here.  I'm sure they know what ellipses indicate, they also know that all they have to do is scroll up the page to find the entire quote, and they also know that there is an enormous conflict of interest with the "evidence" you're submitting when the "evidence" was accrued by someone on the Clinton campaign's payroll.

Like I said, lemme know how that conspiracy theory works out for ya'. Wink

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:40 am

Ben Reilly wrote:

Let me know what becomes of those conspiracy theories, Ben.  I personally think we'll find more truth in the tale of Bigfoot than we will from some guy hired by the Clintons.  I know, I know, it sounds crazy, huh? Wink

If you don't stop deceptively editing my posts when you quote them, I'm putting you in the basement. This is your only warning.

That seems a tad harsh Ben

I crop out some parts of previous posts when replying. As do others, as they take up lots of space when replying. Independent is trying to wind you up.

Don;t allow Independent to get to you, as you are far better equipped to reason in your replies

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:42 am

Ben wrote:
If you don't stop deceptively editing my posts when you quote them...

Deceptively quote?  Yes, I understand that you enjoy quoting an entire post when you quote someone, while I only quote the parts relevant to my response.  The ellipses ("...") before the sentence clearly indicates that it is but a portion of the sentence I'm quoting.  I think you're allowing your anger to inadvertently insult the intelligence of the readers, here.  I'm sure they know what ellipses indicate, they also know that all they have to do is scroll up the page to find the entire quote, and they also know that there is an enormous conflict of interest with the "evidence" you're submitting when the "evidence" was accrued by someone on the Clinton campaign's payroll.

Like I said, lemme know how that conspiracy theory works out for ya'. Wink

You deceptively edited my post to make it seem that it had been Clinton who hired esteemed former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to look into Trump's ties with Russia. My post contained the truth, that it was the Republican Party that hired him originally. Do that again and I will basement you, not out of anger but because your actions are counterproductive to debate, and this is a debate site.

As far as how "my conspiracy theory" works out, I imagine the FBI will be letting us all know, as it is actively investigating "my conspiracy theory."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:44 am

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I crop out some parts of previous posts when replying. As do others, as they take up lots of space when replying.

Y'all don't do it to try to change what I said, though ...

Independent is trying to wind you up.

There it is Smile

Don;t allow Independent to get to you, as you are far better equipped to reason in your replies

I'm glad you see it that way. I am actually surprised he's pulled out so few memes so far in this discussion. I expect him to resort to that pretty soon, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:45 am

Oh, and I should add that the only reason LIT is doing that to my posts is because he's mad that I edited his headline to more accurately reflect the story and, indeed, reality Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I crop out some parts of previous posts when replying. As do others, as they take up lots of space when replying.

There it is Smile

I'm glad you see it that way. I am actually surprised he's pulled out so few memes so far in this discussion. I expect him to resort to that pretty soon, though.

Independent is trying to misdirect you, which ends up diminishing his/her own argument.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 am

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

There it is Smile

Independent is trying to misdirect you, which ends up diminishing his/her own argument.

Laughing

We're not exactly dealing with Gen. George Patton here Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:53 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Laughing

We're not exactly dealing with Gen. George Patton here Smile

General Custer more like.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:11 am

Ben wrote:
You deceptively edited my post to make it seem that it had been Clinton who hired esteemed former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to look into Trump's ties with Russia.

Awww, cut the bullcrap.
Nowhere did I imply or infer any such thing.  You're simply venting your anger and lashing out because I'm pointing out your conspiracy theory for the utter nonsense that it is.  The guy even backed out of selling the dossier to the FBI, most likely because he had time to consider the consequences of relaying false information.

Published by NBC, today:
NBC wrote:
The deal for the former operative, Christopher Steele, to continue his work on behalf of the FBI fell apart when Steele pulled out, said the source, who has direct knowledge of the situation.
Steele first turned over information to the FBI in July, the source said, but heard little interest from the bureau. The FBI circled back in September, the source said, appearing to have renewed interest amid new hacks and leaks.

But Steele backed out of the deal before it was consummated, the source said.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-made-deal-ex-spy-trump-dossier-n727061

Hmmm... he doesn't seem to be a stand-up guy, to me.  If he backed out of the deal, he obviously wasn't willing to back his own work.

Yeah, go ahead and get angry with my quote of NBC, too. Wink

Last edited by Lord Independent Thoughts on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:12 am

eddie wrote:I was just reading about that:

The prolonged standing ovation that Fake President Trump led on Tuesday for the widow of a fallen US commando was an effective bit of political theater. It also masked the lingering controversy over the botched raid in Yemen that took the life of Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens, which has injected a grieving family into a raging political debate about whether the White House erred in signing off on the mission.

Near the end of his high-profile speech to Congress Tuesday, Trump paused to pay tribute to Owens’s widow, Carryn Owens, who was sitting next to the president’s daughter Ivanka Trump.

“Ryan died as he lived: a warrior, and a hero — battling against terrorism and securing our nation,” Trump said as Carryn Owens began to cry. “I just spoke to Gen. Mattis, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, ‘Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemies.’"

It was one of the only lines in Trump’s speech that brought lawmakers from both parties to their feet. It was also, at best, a debatable assessment of the mission that took Owens’s life.

Owens, a member of the military’s elite SEAL Team 6, was killed in late January after his unit came under intense fire during an assault on a fortified terrorist compound in Yemen. The Pentagon said the SEALs killed at least 14 militants from al-Qaeda’s Yemeni affiliate, but also acknowledged that at least 25 civilians — including the 8-year-old daughter of a militant who had been killed by a US drone years earlier — were killed in the fighting.

The deaths, and the fact that the SEALs didn’t kill or capture the al-Qaeda leaders they were targeting, prompted immediate questions about why Trump had greenlit the operation, and about whether the intelligence gathered at the scene was worth the high human and financial cost (a $70 million US aircraft was also destroyed during the mission).

Owens’s father, Bill, refused to meet with Trump after his son’s body was brought back to the US because of his anger over the raid, which marked a rare use of American ground forces inside Yemen.

“I’m sorry, I don’t want to see him,” Owens told a military chaplain at Dover Air Force Base, according to a report by the Miami Herald. “I told them I didn’t want to make a scene about it, but my conscience wouldn’t let me talk to him.”

The Pentagon has insisted that the raid produced “actionable intelligence,” but offered no details to substantiate the claim. That assessment isn’t universally shared: NBC News reported Tuesday that the raid had “so far yielded no significant intelligence.”

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/28/14773716/trump-fallen-navy-seal-owens-carryn-widow-yemen-raid-speech-congress

Trump used a grieving military widow as a political prop, and after the applause died down, the first thing he said was that his little tribute set a new record for length of applause.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:17 am

Ben wrote:
You deceptively edited my post to make it seem that it had been Clinton who hired esteemed former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to look into Trump's ties with Russia.

Awww, cut the bullcrap.
Nowhere did I imply or infer any such thing.  You're simply venting your anger and lashing out because I'm pointing out your conspiracy theory for the utter nonsense that it is.  The guy even backed out of selling the dossier to the FBI, most likely because he had time to consider the consequences of relaying false information.

Published by MSNBC, today:
MSNBC wrote:
The deal for the former operative, Christopher Steele, to continue his work on behalf of the FBI fell apart when Steele pulled out, said the source, who has direct knowledge of the situation.
Steele first turned over information to the FBI in July, the source said, but heard little interest from the bureau. The FBI circled back in September, the source said, appearing to have renewed interest amid new hacks and leaks.

But Steele backed out of the deal before it was consummated, the source said.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-made-deal-ex-spy-trump-dossier-n727061

Hmmm... he doesn't seem to be a stand-up guy, to me.  If he backed out of the deal, he obviously wan't willing to back his own work.

Yeah, go ahead and get angry with my quote of MSNBC, too. Wink

I don't think it's obvious at all that he wasn't willing to back his own work -- he did flee into hiding with his family, after all.

I think it's more probable that he heard about stuff like this:

Ex-KGB chief Oleg Erovinkin — believed to have assisted former British spy, Christopher Steele, with a lurid dossier alleging explicit acts by Fake President Trump — was found dead in his black Lexus on December 29.

Erovinkin had been close to Igor Sechin, a former deputy prime minister and now head of State-owned oil company, Rosneft, and had acted as a key liaison between Sechin and Putin.

Although validity of the contents of that dossier have been called into serious question, Erovinkin’s alleged involvement in compiling the information makes his death dubious by nature. An investigation is ongoing.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/deep-state-war-seven-russian-officials-murdered-or-found-dead-since-us-election-day/5577279

As Bill O'Reilly recently pointed out, Putin is a killer.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:18 am

Trump honored Ryan and Carryn Owens.  From what I saw, Trump was very sincere, humble, respectful, and commending of Ryan, his wife, and the sacrifices that their family have made.  Just look at how others within this thread have positively commented on it.  

I don't think anyone is trying to politicize this except the Democrats.  Ironically enough, they were also the only party to sit, not clap, and not acknowledge one of our fallen heroes. Therefore, it was the Democrats that politicized an honorary event. Politics first, huh Liberals?

Last edited by Lord Independent Thoughts on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:21 am

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:Trump honored Ryan and Carryn Owens.  From what I saw, Trump was very sincere, humble, respectful, and commending of Ryan, his wife, and they sacrifices their family has made.  Just look at how others within this thread have positively commented on it.  

I don't think anyone is trying to politicize this except the Democrats.  Ironically enough, they were also the only party to sit, not clap, and not acknowledge one of our fallen heroes.  Politics first, huh Liberals?

Trump ordered Owens into deadly action practically with a casual wave of the hand as he had dinner, then tried to blame it all on Obama.

You keep supporting this cretin and you're going to have to run from your own party again, "Independent" Thoughts Razz My advice -- just be a conservative, stick to your principles instead of obsessing over the score, and jump out of Trump's ass before it's too late.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:24 am

Ben wrote:
Trump ordered Owens into deadly action...

Oooooohhhhhh.... you really don't want to start down that path.  Especially if you're an Obama supporter.
Obama, the only US president in history to be at war, every single day of both of his terms.  

That's why I like Trump's stance on the matter:  Win or don't fight.

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:39 am

Ben wrote:

Oooooohhhhhh.... you really don't want to start down that path.  Especially if you're an Obama supporter.
Obama, the only US president in history to be at war, every single day of both of his terms.  

What did I tell you about deceptively cherry-picking my quotes? Have fun in the basement Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Ben wrote:

Meh, that's a phoney dodge, like most of your stuff IT.  The reality is, that while there were training soldiers remaining in Iraq, Obama kept the US out of war.  He did so by successfully manipulating Congress, warding them away from hostile action (Republicans, ordinarily war-mongers, are also racists and didn't want the black CIC to get credit).

Frankly--I'll be the first to say it--I thought Carrie Owen's show was fake.

Poll shows most Americans viewed Trump's Congressional address positively Rts10vu1%201

There she was, flanked by the Trump operatives, coaxing her, looking up at the rafters to avoid looking at the camera.  To say her act was over-the-top would be understatement. There's no animation, its a still shot...she was evading scrutiny by pretending to pray (they say the look in the eyes will tell the truth). She didn't want to be there!  

Trump is allied with the Russians, and the Russians are a RICO-style political organization, so I'm wondering what they used to make her pose so unconvincingly: the carrot or the stick?  Was she threatened should she not cooperate, with pension problems, or worse...or was she simply paid off?

In any event, the Owens father was the one who showed dignity.  And his position reflected the real question here: why was the Master Chief sacrificed to a cheap political stunt??  The Obama administration had refused to sign-off on the mission, saying it had no yield and was too dangerous.  And indeed, it yielded nothing...unless you count a dead Seal and more murdered babies.  The real story is how insignificant--in the total picture--Trump feels the Owens family is, that he would allow an American, their son, to be placed in harm's way for theatrical effect.  Disgusting.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next