NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mushrooms - the amazing benefits!

5 posters

Go down

Mushrooms - the amazing benefits! Empty Mushrooms - the amazing benefits!

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Let's start with this week's front page from a newspaper:

Mushrooms - the amazing benefits! Img_5919

Then further reading:

For thousands of years, Eastern cultures have revered mushrooms’ health benefits.1 Mushrooms have long been celebrated as a source of powerful nutrients, but they can also help Americans meet the dietary recommendations set forth in the 2010 Dietary Guidelines and Institute of Medicine’s Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Because Americans often eat mushrooms* and when they do, they tend to eat a healthier diet**, these positive benefits of mushrooms can have potential impact.

Often grouped with vegetables, mushrooms provide many of the nutritional attributes of produce, as well as attributes more commonly found in meat, beans or grains. Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium (8%), riboflavin, niacin, vitamin D and more.

Nutrition researchers, communicators, and government and industry organizations who participated in the Mushrooms and Health Summit in Washington, DC, in September, 2013 explored the current state of the science. Summit proceedings, published in the Journal of Nutrition provide a review of the research supporting mushrooms as a food to help Americans eat healthy, responsible, sustainable diets.

Mushrooms are fungi, which are so distinct in nature they are classified as their own kingdom – separate from plants or animals. While commonly placed in the vegetable category for dietary recommendations, mushrooms are, however, not a vegetable based on their cellular organization and composition such as chitin and ergosterol. In fact, as the authors of a recent Nutrition Today article noted, mushrooms’ nutrient and culinary characteristics suggest it may be time to re-evaluate food groupings and health benefits in the context of three separate food kingdoms: plants/ botany; animals/zoology and fungi/mycology.

Mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins, including riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid, which help to provide energy by breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates2. B vitamins also play an important role in the nervous system. Pantothenic acid helps with the production of hormones and also plays an important role in the nervous system2.Riboflavin helps maintain healthy red blood cells2.Niacin promotes healthy skin and makes sure the digestive and nervous systems function properly2. Mushrooms are also a source of important minerals: Selenium is a mineral that works as an antioxidant to protect body cells from damage that might lead to heart disease, some cancers and other diseases of aging2. It also has been found to be important for the immune system and fertility in men3. Many foods of animal origin and grains are good sources of selenium, but mushrooms are among the richest sources of selenium in the produce aisle and provide 8-22 mcg per serving4. This is good news for vegetarians, whose sources of selenium are limited.Ergothioneine is a naturally occurring antioxidant that also may help protect the body’s cells. Mushrooms provide 2.8-4.9 mg of ergothioneine per serving of white, portabella or crimini mushrooms5.Copper helps make red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. Copper also helps keep bones and nerves healthy2.Potassium is an important mineral many people do not get enough of. It aids in the maintenance of normal fluid and mineral balance, which helps control blood pressure. It also plays a role in making sure nerves and muscles, including the heart, function properly2. Mushrooms have 98-376 mg of potassium per 84 gram serving, which is 3-11 percent of the Daily Value4. Beta-glucans, found in numerous mushroom species, have shown marked immunity-stimulating effects, contribute to resistance against allergies and may also participate in physiological processes related to the metabolism of fats and sugars in the human body. The beta-glucans contained in oyster, shiitake and split gill mushrooms are considered to be the most effective6.
Read research about the nutrient composition of mushrooms here: http://m.mushroominfo.com/benefits/

And! Mushrooms and Cancer
Scientists at City of Hope were some of the first to find a potential link between mushrooms and a decreased likelihood of tumor growth and development in cells and animals. City of Hope researchers now plan to apply this research to human clinical trials.

I am so glad these are my favourite snack. My favourite flavour in the whole world.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Mushrooms - the amazing benefits! Empty Re: Mushrooms - the amazing benefits!

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:48 pm

It was a very interesting article Eddie until you made the poor claim at the end. You poorly were trying to go off the back of the new study that requires years of testing on mushrooms to help prevent dementia, as if this gave then credibility to Mushrooms and cancer. Sorry, that is very naughty.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/cancer-questions/mushrooms-in-cancer-treatment

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:49 pm

I quoted from the link Rolling Eyes
Take it up with them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:51 pm

eddie wrote:I quoted from the link Rolling Eyes
Take it up with them.

Your quoted not from the first article in the media, but claims made once again on guess what?

From a retail site, trying to pitch Mushrooms

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:I quoted from the link Rolling Eyes
Take it up with them.

Your quoted not from the first article in the media, but claims made once again on guess what?

Oh sorry. I forgot that doctors and the medical profession didn't try to "pitch" their own medicine! More profit in chemo than a a few million ton of mushrooms.
I'd rather eat mushrooms than cocktails of powder...thanks!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:58 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Oh sorry. I forgot that doctors and the medical profession didn't try to "pitch" their own medicine! More profit in chemo than a a few million ton of mushrooms.
I'd rather eat mushrooms than cocktails of powder...thanks!

OMG, did you say pitch their own medicine?
Seriously?
They are trying to pitch, through years of testing and studies, medicines that help people live?
That shows how badly you have been conditioned through belief Eddie on what you have read and not any real research on the matter.

Like I said the first article is promising to dementia, yet years of testing is needed. But to throw in off this a false claim, around cancer is again naive and dangerous. If others take in what you have said, and do not take proper treatment and just eat mushrooms and die of cancer. How in anyway are you being responsible to those suffering cancer, by making such unsubstantiated claims? You do realise that is playing with peoples lives?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Each person can do their own research. It's that simple.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:Each person can do their own research. It's that simple.

I am happy for you to do that, just don't make unfounded claims to people, which could endanger their lives, please.

Its nothing personal against you Eddie, you know I think you are fab. I am just asking you to think of the consequences of what you are doing promoting such claims to people on cancer. I don't mind you posting them and debating them here. I am talking about in the real world

Have a good evening

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:29 pm

eddie wrote:Let's start with this week's front page from a newspaper:

Mushrooms - the amazing benefits! Img_5919

Then further reading:

For thousands of years, Eastern cultures have revered mushrooms’ health benefits.1 Mushrooms have long been celebrated as a source of powerful nutrients, but they can also help Americans meet the dietary recommendations set forth in the 2010 Dietary Guidelines and Institute of Medicine’s Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium and Vitamin D. Because Americans often eat mushrooms* and when they do, they tend to eat a healthier diet**, these positive benefits of mushrooms can have potential impact.

Often grouped with vegetables, mushrooms provide many of the nutritional attributes of produce, as well as attributes more commonly found in meat, beans or grains. Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free, and very low in sodium, yet they provide important nutrients, including selenium, potassium (8%), riboflavin, niacin, vitamin D and more.

Nutrition researchers, communicators, and government and industry organizations who participated in the Mushrooms and Health Summit in Washington, DC, in September, 2013 explored the current state of the science. Summit proceedings, published in the Journal of Nutrition provide a review of the research supporting mushrooms as a food to help Americans eat healthy, responsible, sustainable diets.

Mushrooms are fungi, which are so distinct in nature they are classified as their own kingdom – separate from plants or animals. While commonly placed in the vegetable category for dietary recommendations, mushrooms are, however, not a vegetable based on their cellular organization and composition such as chitin and ergosterol. In fact, as the authors of a recent Nutrition Today article noted, mushrooms’ nutrient and culinary characteristics suggest it may be time to re-evaluate food groupings and health benefits in the context of three separate food kingdoms: plants/ botany; animals/zoology and fungi/mycology.

Mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins, including riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid, which help to provide energy by breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates2. B vitamins also play an important role in the nervous system. Pantothenic acid helps with the production of hormones and also plays an important role in the nervous system2.Riboflavin helps maintain healthy red blood cells2.Niacin promotes healthy skin and makes sure the digestive and nervous systems function properly2. Mushrooms are also a source of important minerals: Selenium is a mineral that works as an antioxidant to protect body cells from damage that might lead to heart disease, some cancers and other diseases of aging2. It also has been found to be important for the immune system and fertility in men3. Many foods of animal origin and grains are good sources of selenium, but mushrooms are among the richest sources of selenium in the produce aisle and provide 8-22 mcg per serving4. This is good news for vegetarians, whose sources of selenium are limited.Ergothioneine is a naturally occurring antioxidant that also may help protect the body’s cells. Mushrooms provide 2.8-4.9 mg of ergothioneine per serving of white, portabella or crimini mushrooms5.Copper helps make red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. Copper also helps keep bones and nerves healthy2.Potassium is an important mineral many people do not get enough of. It aids in the maintenance of normal fluid and mineral balance, which helps control blood pressure. It also plays a role in making sure nerves and muscles, including the heart, function properly2. Mushrooms have 98-376 mg of potassium per 84 gram serving, which is 3-11 percent of the Daily Value4. Beta-glucans, found in numerous mushroom species, have shown marked immunity-stimulating effects, contribute to resistance against allergies and may also participate in physiological processes related to the metabolism of fats and sugars in the human body. The beta-glucans contained in oyster, shiitake and split gill mushrooms are considered to be the most effective6.
Read research about the nutrient composition of mushrooms here: http://m.mushroominfo.com/benefits/

And! Mushrooms and Cancer
Scientists at City of Hope were some of the first to find a potential link between mushrooms and a decreased likelihood of tumor growth and development in cells and animals. City of Hope researchers now plan to apply this research to human clinical trials.

I am so glad these are my favourite snack. My favourite flavour in the whole world.

I love mushrooms the health benefits are amazing - also bell peppers are a superfood and regulate blood sugar and high in vit C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Thorin wrote:

I am happy for you to do that, just don't make unfounded claims to people, which could endanger their lives, please.

Its nothing personal against you Eddie, you know I think you are fab. I am just asking you to think of the consequences of what you are doing promoting such claims to people on cancer. I don't mind you posting them and debating them here. I am talking about in the real world

Have a good evening

x

How can mushrooms endanger people's lives ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:56 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Have a good evening

x

Very easily, if they are wrongly led to believe they are a cure to cancer and stop the medical treatment that can save their lives. Plus also if they are poisonous. .

The fact you do not realize this just adds to my concern of the irresponsibility of some people that promote these unfounded claims to cures and what can happen to peoples lives, when they are misled.
The fact I have explained this already above and you fail to grasp this is worrying to say the least
Neither you nor Eddie have any comprehension or qualifications of medical science and yet irresponsibly peddle poor unfounded claims, that can deny people he treatment they need in order to survive.

How many people need to needlessly die of cancer from being sold a lie by people like yourself, until this sinks in? The best way to equate with how irresponsible people are when they make these claims, is like telling a person that they will be able to fly if they jump off a cliff by flapping their hands and that their hands alone will make them be able to fly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:05 am

Thorin wrote:

Very easily, if they are wrongly led to believe they are a cure to cancer and stop the medical treatment that can save their lives. Plus also if they are poisonous. .

The fact you do not realize this just adds to my concern of the irresponsibility of some people that promote these unfounded claims to cures and what can happen to peoples lives, when they are misled.
The fact I have explained this already above and you fail to grasp this is worrying to say the least
Neither you nor Eddie have any comprehension or qualifications of medical science and yet irresponsibly peddle poor unfounded claims, that can deny people he treatment they need in order to survive.

How many people need to needlessly die of cancer from being sold a lie by people like yourself, until this sinks in? The best way to equate with how irresponsible people are when they make these claims, is like telling a person that they will be able to fly if they jump off a cliff by flapping their hands and that their hands alone will make them be able to fly.

I don't care what you or the medical profession say - people who have tried food to heal them and have reversed conditions are enough to convince me .
That's a stupid example about jumping off a cliff flapping their hands to make them fly - people with diseases are fast losing faith in the medical profession and are turning to food and alternative medicines .
And i haven't sold a lie to anyone you cheeky twat - i don't see anything wrong in using food for health and a lot of medicines now are based on herbs .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:10 am

Thorin wrote:

I don't care what you or the medical profession say - people who have tried food to heal them and have reversed conditions are enough to convince me .
That's a stupid example about jumping off a cliff flapping their hands to make them fly - people with diseases are fast losing faith in the medical profession and are turning to food and alternative medicines .
And i haven't sold a lie to anyone you cheeky twat - i don't see anything wrong in using food for health and a lot of medicines now are based on herbs .

You see there is the problem.
You simply do not care, what you peddle and the damaging effects it can have on people.
That is being totally and stupidly irresponsible.
Its a perfect example using the same methodology you are using to peddle false claims.
Its based on faith, which is what you are asking people to do in your claims.
Its dangerous and the law needs to change to come down hard on those with charges of manslaughter who mislead people into taking false claims to cure, and with also encouraging them to stop the treatments that could save them.

The fact you openly admit you do not care, just shows how irresponsible you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:23 am

Your opinion is just that - it means nothing you are not an expert in any subject you just dream to be - you cannot stop people using alternative medicine or food to improve their health - it angers you didge because you have no power to force people to be on your side .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:29 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Your opinion is just that - it means nothing you are not an expert in any subject you just dream to be - you cannot stop people using alternative medicine or food to improve their health - it angers you didge because you have no power to force people to be on your side .

Misdirection, as seen, you have zero knowledge on physiology, where as I do and have worked for the NHS.
One of the biggest problems now facing the NHS is that people wrongly try to self diagnose themselves online and come to the incorrect conclusions. As to what is wrong with them. The internet is a great invention, but its also shows how gullible and irresponsible people are, like yourself, when you have no understanding of what you are talking about.

No it angers me because my brother died listening to idiots like you.
It angers me, because if he had taken the treatment that was medically offered to him, instead of listening to charlatans scam him out of money on fake cures for cancer, he would most likely still be alive today.

So its not about me forcing anyone, as I only wish for people to seek the best medical advice. Its about how people like you who admit you do not care you are being irresponsible and you should be criminally charged with manslaughter through spreading  misinformation that endangers peoples lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:43 am

Again you are arrogant that you are the only who can be right . Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:45 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Again you are arrogant that you are the only who can be right . Razz

And that you think its a matter to laugh at, just sums up everything that is wrong with people like you
Proving you do not care, its about money to you and not saving lives.
If it was about saving lives, you would advise people to seek the best medical advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:17 am

it really isn't
in large part because there is so many crappy claims on the internet.

Also it only ever says 'reduces'
and i am almost 100% positive I could work out a 'study' with
more evidence than a lot of these websites that shows spider juice 'reduces cancer' too.
Cool Cool Cool
I dont think spider juice keeps
just pm me your mailing address and I 'll post you a box of live ones and instructions on how to make into a smoothie.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:23 am

Thorin wrote:

Have a good evening

x

most definitely
many mushrooms are highly toxic...

In fact the most likely cure for cancer in mushrooms is in one of the toxic ones.
like venomous animals they contain heaps of complex chemicals and had been used with various degrees of success in many 'traditional' medicines

although still Spider juice is number one for 'reducing chances' of cancer Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:37 am

I ate a Mushroom with a red cap with white spots on it,   best I ever tasted. I was alright when I came out of Hospital!

It was very crowded in there, in fact, there was not mushroom.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:41 am

Thorin wrote:

Have a good evening

x

Easily, if it's a death cap or destroying angel. Also, the ink cap - if you drink alcohol.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:42 am

nicko wrote:I ate a Mushroom with a red cap with white spots on it,   best I ever tasted. I was alright when I came out of Hospital!

It was very crowded in there,     in fact, there was not mushroom.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:

it really isn't
in large part because there is so many crappy claims on the internet.

Also it only ever says 'reduces'
and i am almost 100% positive I could work out a 'study' with
more evidence than a lot of these websites that shows spider juice 'reduces cancer' too.
Cool Cool Cool
I dont think spider juice keeps
just pm me your mailing address and I 'll post you a box of live ones and instructions on how to make into a smoothie.

That will be a no! affraid
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Great anti-ageing benefits to mushrooms - that's a massive bonus for me cheers
You are what you eat and I'll be 21 again soon if I keep eating them at this rate.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:42 pm

eddie wrote:Great anti-ageing benefits to mushrooms - that's a massive bonus for me cheers
You are what you eat and I'll be 21 again soon if I keep eating them at this rate.

And lots of vitamin D too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:53 pm

so eating mushrooms reduces dementia eh

what went wrong Eddie????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:53 pm

eddie wrote:Great anti-ageing benefits to mushrooms - that's a massive bonus for me cheers

And lots of vitamin D too Smile

Exactly. And now science has caught up with me Mushrooms - the amazing benefits! 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:55 pm

nicko wrote:I ate a Mushroom with a red cap with white spots on it,   best I ever tasted. I was alright when I came out of Hospital!

It was very crowded in there,     in fact, there was not mushroom.

did you get the urge to run around a medieval battlefield, stark naked, waving a bloody big knife????????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:57 pm

It wouldn't be a knife i'd be waving !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:00 pm

Uh hu nicko, the rules for beserker are

big red white spotted mushrooms
stark nekid
big knife

thats yer lot......

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down