NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression

+3
Raggamuffin
eddie
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression Empty Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression

Post by Guest Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:36 pm

A psychedelic chemical found in magic mushrooms can "reset" the brains of people with untreatable depression, a study suggests. The small study gave 19 patients with depression a single dose of psilocybin which produced "rapid and sustained antidepressant effects."
Around 50 percent of those who took part described an "afterglow" effect that lasted up to five weeks.

Many of the patients said "I've been reset, reborn, rebooted", and one patient said his brain had been "defragged and cleaned up."

The study, published in the journal Scientific Reports, showed psilocybin affected two key areas of the brain:

(1) The amygdala - which is heavily involved in how we process emotions such as fear and anxiety - became less active.

(2) The default-mode network - a collaboration of different brain regions - became more stable after taking psilocybin.

Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris, head of psychedelic research at Imperial College London, said, "We have shown for the first time clear changes in brain activity in depressed people treated with psilocybin after failing to respond to conventional treatments."

Larger studies are still needed before psilocybin could be accepted as a treatment for depression. Scientists also warned against depressed patients self-medicating with the hallucinogenic drug.

Read more at https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/2426/Magic-Mushrooms-Can-Reset-The-Brains-Of-People-With-Depression#fxCgyvhJBpxtiorT.99

Back to top Go down

Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression Empty Re: Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 am

Right thinking will reset the brain and cure depression .

Back to top Go down

Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression Empty Re: Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:13 pm

I've had magic mushrooms a few times in the past... couple of times in Amsterdam, and a few times at music festivals when it was possible to buy them 'over the counter' at some of the stalls there... it also used to be possible to buy 'magic mushroom kits (with Mexican/Hawaian spores)' from 'head shops' here in UK and grow them yourself...!

I have never had the ones that grow naturally here in UK... apparently they can be found on grass land/fields during late autumn and early winter here, and most likely found where deer are known to be roaming about, but also found where other animals are...

I don't know why it became illegal here a few years ago, to pick/possess/eat them...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Perhaps when you eat magic mushrooms you are actually entering the "true" reality and what you are living now, is make-believe...... cyclops

Mind fuck.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:58 pm

I don't think I'd dare try something like that - too unpredictable.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think I'd dare try something like that - too unpredictable.

I'm not into hallucinogenic drugs. I don't like "seeing things" that aren't there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:08 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think I'd dare try something like that - too unpredictable.

I'm not into hallucinogenic drugs. I don't like "seeing things" that aren't there.

Good thing you were not with me and my mates in Thailand years ago when I had some. That I then started to see these massive spiders bigger than me.  Laughing

Which becuase I then said i could see them, my friends also having taken some, started to also see these spiders and freaked out.

I seriously could not stop laughing for half an hour.   Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:32 pm

I certainly couldn't - I don't have medication so I wouldn't try magic mushrooms . Too scared of the side effects .

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:36 pm

eddie wrote:

It's more the case of being able to see things that have always been there... by being given the enhanced perception required to be able to recognise it all...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:

It's more the case of being able to see things that have always been there... by being given the enhanced perception required to be able to recognise it all...

In which case Tommy, you would agree that there is indeed a "shadow wold" or "spirit world" or whatever your personal beleif wants to call it, something that exists beyond our normal ability to perceive?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:55 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Right thinking will reset the brain and cure depression .

Rolling Eyes

More outright bullshit from NF's  biggest faux-health scamster...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:04 am

eddie wrote:
Perhaps when you eat magic mushrooms you are actually entering the "true" reality and what you are living now, is make-believe...... cyclops

Mind fuck.

tongue

"I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly..
..........................................................................................................................................
Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
Or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Zhuangzi
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
I've had magic mushrooms a few times in the past... couple of times in Amsterdam, and a few times at music festivals when it was possible to buy them 'over the counter' at some of the stalls there... it also used to be possible to buy 'magic mushroom kits (with Mexican/Hawaian spores)' from 'head shops' here in UK and grow them yourself...!

I have never had the ones that grow naturally here in UK... apparently they can be found on grass land/fields during late autumn and early winter here, and most likely found where deer are known to be roaming about, but also found where other animals are...

I don't know why it became illegal here a few years ago, to pick/possess/eat them...?

cyclops

That explains a lot then,  Tommy  !!!

Have you tried 'Gold tops' soaked in honey, served on toast  ?
I've heard they're the bees' knees..
         Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression 3922118137
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Right thinking will reset the brain and cure depression .

Rolling Eyes

Wolf, can you please just answer the topic instead of insulting posters because you don't like their views?
It makes for a better well-rounded debate, which I know you can give.

Let's leave insults to the people who have nothing better to say, huh?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Mind fuck.

tongue

"I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly..
..........................................................................................................................................
Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly,
Or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."

https://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Zhuangzi

Exactly! afro
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:37 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Ever heard of cognitive therapy?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

This should be interesting

Is that a science Rags?

Last edited by Didge on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I reckon he has .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:40 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I reckon he has .

So you show the worst double standards

He was wrong to insult you

So what does that really make you Dibs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Didge wrote:

I reckon he has .

How have I insulted him exactly ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Didge wrote:

Did you not make a view on him?

Yes or no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Didge wrote:

Yes or no?

what the hell is wrong with you - you are just picking didge . There was no insult at all and if you can compare my comment to the vile shit he comes out with then you are blind .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Didge wrote:

Yes or no?

what the hell is wrong with you - you are just picking didge . There was no insult at all and if you can compare my comment to the vile shit he comes out with then you are blind .

I am being fair

Wolf is wromg to insult you and posters are wrong to gang up on him

You did and have made many views about Wolf

He maybe a dick, but does that excuse you or other slagging him off?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I can't see any slagging off from me at all - I do honestly believe he has heard of cognitive therapy and it was a chance for him to actually come and debate instead of silly insult towards me .

If any ganging up is to be had then I think you're doing a pretty good job right now picking on my comment when there is nothing wrong with it at all .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I can't see any slagging off from me at all - I do honestly believe he has heard of cognitive therapy and it was a chance for him to actually come and debate instead of silly insult towards me .

If any ganging up is to be had then I think you're doing a pretty good job right now picking on my comment when there is nothing wrong with it at all .

He is actually very intelligent Dibs

He is certainly rude at times and wrong to do so, of which i will call him out

So what gang I am a apart of?

One that tries to be fair?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:01 pm

I've shown kindness towards the insults wolf has been continuously throwing at me - I have not retaliated with hatred so I fail to see where you can say I have made any wrong views towards him .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I've shown kindness towards the insults wolf has been continuously throwing at me - I have not retaliated with hatred so I fail to see where you can say I have made any wrong views towards him .

But you have made poor views before have you not?

Good to see you have not here

Continue that kindness Dibs, as it should never need reasoning to back that up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I can't see any slagging off from me at all - I do honestly believe he has heard of cognitive therapy and it was a chance for him to actually come and debate instead of silly insult towards me .

Nobody is calling his intelligence - but he sure doesn't behave well and his insults are vile for someone of such intelligence . If you're going to be fair then at least read his vile comments to me and then judge for yourself whether my comment was in anyway an insult .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I've shown kindness towards the insults wolf has been continuously throwing at me - I have not retaliated with hatred so I fail to see where you can say I have made any wrong views towards him .

But you have made poor views before have you not?

Good to see you have not here

Continue that kindness Dibs, as it should never need reasoning to back that up

Poor views about what ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Didge wrote:

Nobody is calling his intelligence - but he sure doesn't behave well and his insults are vile for someone of such intelligence . If you're going to be fair then at least read his vile comments to me and then judge for yourself whether my comment was in anyway an insult .

Shall we make the standard on behaviour based on Islam?

Everyone knows I take him to task when he is out of order and here, he is bang out of order to you and others.

Stop maiking excuses Dibs

Eiether you believe in doing the right thing or its under a false pretence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm

If he is intelligent then are you telling me that he has never heard of cognitive therapy ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:If he is intelligent then are you telling me that he has never heard of cognitive therapy ?

You mean an invented concept?

I am sure he has heard

He understands biology better than the pair of us

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:14 pm

So then his reply towards me was just vile as he knew exactly what I was talking about .

He chose to be vile towards me and you know it - yet you're trying to say my reply to raggs was somehow picking on him .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:So then his reply towards me was just vile as he knew exactly what I was talking about .

He chose to be vile towards me and you know  it - yet you're trying to say my reply to raggs was somehow picking on him .

So he was vile

And?

I agree 

Grow some balls

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:So then his reply towards me was just vile as he knew exactly what I was talking about .

He chose to be vile towards me and you know  it - yet you're trying to say my reply to raggs was somehow picking on him .

So he was vile

And?

I agree 

Grow some balls

Actually Didge

I think Vod has been very patient with Wolfe.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Okay I'm really bored now didge relieved relieved

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Didge wrote:

So he was vile

And?

I agree 

Grow some balls

Actually Didge

Patient?

is that some religious requirement?

Okay, grow some backbone

We all get insulted at times

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Didge wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Actually Didge

Patient?

Okay, grow some backbone

Lol

Think you posted that to the wrong person!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:27 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Didge wrote:

So he was vile

And?

I agree 

Grow some balls

Actually Didge

Thank you sexy mama .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:28 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Didge wrote:

Patient?

Okay, grow some backbone

Lol

Did I?

Seems to me it was very much to the right person

It was meant for Dibs

Did you think otherwise?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Didge wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Lol

Did I?

It was meant for Dibs

Did you think otherwise?

Obviously cause you replied to me!

Anyway she keeps blessing him whenever he insults her.

I think that shows patience and you shouldn't be slating her for it. It kinda gets really tiresome when posters keep insulting. You either ignore the poster or the post.

Simple.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 pm

What the eff is going on here? Every time I look at this forum Didge is charging into threads telling everyone what he thinks about the slightest little thing, telling people off, and behaving as if he's the best thing since sliced bread. It's got much worse than it used to be.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:

Actually Didge

Thank you sexy mama .

No problem.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 pm

didge i have a lot of backbone and it has been noticed obviously by people on here - i don't think this is getting us anywhere at all and is probably pointless - we should move on I reckon no point in going over the same thing all the time .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:32 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Didge wrote:

Did I?

It was meant for Dibs

Did you think otherwise?

I think that shows patience and you shouldn't be slating her for it. It kinda gets really tiresome when posters keep insulting. You either ignore the poster or the post.

Simple.

Thank you again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Hello Sexy, how are you? I like the Pussy !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Didge wrote:

Did I?

It was meant for Dibs

Did you think otherwise?

Simple.

Its nothing patience but attention seeking

If she really cared and blessed him, why would she need to make it public?

Its then about wanting people to like her

That is called insecurities

I actually like Dibs and a better person would not make a song and dance about insults

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:35 pm

nicko wrote:Hello Sexy,   how are you?    I like the Pussy !

Hahaha!

Hey Nicko
The pussy is chilled Razz
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Didge wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Simple.

Its nothing patience but attention seeking

If she really cared and blessed him, why would she need to make it public?

Its then about wanting people to like her

That is called insecurities

I actually like Dibs and a better person would not make a song and dance about insults

Ffs Didge

This is a forum! She's supposed to make it public!

And FYI she's not the one doing the attention seeking Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:38 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
nicko wrote:Hello Sexy,   how are you?    I like the Pussy !

Hahaha!

Hey Nicko
The pussy is chilled Razz

I'm so pleased nicko pointed out it was a cat - I honestly couldn't work it out and forgive me but I thought it was a turnip Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression 3489511464 Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression 3489511464 Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression 3489511464

But now I can see its a cute cat having a facial Magic Mushrooms Can 'Reset' The Brains Of People With Depression 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next