NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoe heaven!!!!

+8
Syl
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
Miffs2
Raggamuffin
nicko
harvesmom
eddie
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Empty Shoe heaven!!!!

Post by eddie Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so I need lots of money to buy all these shoes, anyone fancy starting a collection for me?

I love these shoes!!

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Img_5812
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Img_5828
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Img_5813
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Img_5827
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Img_5814

All those shoes that just need a home and the right pair of loving feet Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Shoe heaven!!!!

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:10 pm

I don't get why shoes are shaped the way they are. Even ones with round toes are the wrong shape. Shoes should have a straight inner edge, and then curve out towards the outer edge. It's really hard to find shoes that shape.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:23 pm

I don't seem to have the problems you have with shoes and the shape of the toes and the toe springy-thingies, Rags! Shocked

Perhaps you have weird-shaped feet?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:28 pm

eddie wrote:I don't seem to have the problems you have with shoes and the shape of the toes and the toe springy-thingies, Rags! Shocked

Well I probably do now! That's because shoes are the wrong shape. When you're older, you might have problems yourself. Laughing

Look, any shoes which bend inwards at the inner edge are going to force your big toe inwards, where it shouldn't be. Pointy shoes are even worse - they force all your toes together.

As for shoe spring, do your toes naturally turn up at the ends? If not, then toe spring is unnatural.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Well I have perfectly okay feet and no problems so far but then I am mostly in comfortable shoes - Doc martens often and Fly of London boots - these shoe manufacturers seem to make very comfortable shoes.
I spend money on shoes to be fair as cheap shoes are uncomfortable and usually the sole reason (see what I did?) for unhealthy foot problems.
I don't even buy cheap flip flops.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:55 pm

eddie wrote:Well I have perfectly okay feet and no problems so far but then I am mostly in comfortable shoes - Doc martens often and Fly of London boots - these shoe manufacturers seem to make very comfortable shoes.
I spend money on shoes to be fair as cheap shoes are uncomfortable and usually the sole reason (see what I did?) for unhealthy foot problems.
I don't even buy cheap flip flops.

Yes, but as I said, it's hard to find synthetic shoes which aren't cheap.  Cheap shoes aren't necessarily the cause of unhealthy feet anyway - for all the reasons I've given. Foot problems don't always appear for years - be warned. Cool

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:43 pm

What we need then basically, is flippers lol! lol!
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Get yourself a pair of these...

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Jd_213129_a?qlt=60&w=640&h=452&v=1

Trust me... your feet will love you for it!!!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

What is that phrase.??

Once you go black, you never go back.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Plenty different colours dodge...

Maybe you would prefer these ones...?

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 25-Womens-Nike-Air-Max-95-Em-Running

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Plenty different colours dodge...

Maybe you would prefer these ones...?

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 25-Womens-Nike-Air-Max-95-Em-Running

lol!

I love the colour pink Tommy

Laughing

But you choose black.

Once you have had black, you never go back

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:50 pm

I don't have a black pair of those trainers dodge...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I don't have a black pair of those trainers dodge...

But told everyone to wear some, as your feet would love them.

I mean seriously , its just a colour, but your reaction to this, speaks volumes about you

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Mine, I waited until they were in the sale, they came from the Netherlands... not looking too cool to walk around Cumbria in daft high heels so these are good! Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Dalida_side_zip_suede_bordo_1 I love the colour too.
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:20 pm

Those shoes are the reason a whole generation have bunions.   They look a little like Irregular Choice shoes, and are probably an off shoot.  I love IC shoes but they are as uncomfortable as fuck and you'd probably end up a cripple if you wore them for a few years.

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 2 Aaa60ff133222c2c348126e65d022918
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Those shoes are the reason a whole generation have bunions.   They look a little like Irregular Choice shoes, and are probably an off shoot.  I love IC shoes but they are as uncomfortable as fuck and you'd probably end up a cripple if you wore them for a few years.

I thought too they look like Irregular choice, not my cup of tea but each to their own Smile
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:30 pm

eddie wrote:I don't seem to have the problems you have with shoes and the shape of the toes and the toe springy-thingies, Rags! Shocked

I used to be a nail technician. I saw so many damaged toes and feet and bunions on young girls, you wouldn't believe it. Now, I'm a Reflexologist and I still get to see some pretty awful damaged feet. One client is only in her late 30s and her feet are permanently damaged through wearing high heels. She has hammer toes, bunions, shortened Achilles and damage to her plantar fascia. She's permanently in pain. You know, you have 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and tendons in your feet. That's one quarter of all the bones in your entire body. They support you all your life, are a master of engineering as strong as steel and delicate as gossamer all at the same time. If your feet hurt, you hurt all over. If you damage them permanently, God help you.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Bella wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Those shoes are the reason a whole generation have bunions.   They look a little like Irregular Choice shoes, and are probably an off shoot.  I love IC shoes but they are as uncomfortable as fuck and you'd probably end up a cripple if you wore them for a few years.

I thought too they look like Irregular choice, not my cup of tea but each to their own Smile

I wore this kind of shoe in my twenties. But I stopped wearing heels in my thirties because I realised that they were damaging my feet. I prefer boots now, or Skechers.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I used to be a nail technician.   I saw so many damaged toes and feet and bunions on young girls, you wouldn't believe it.   Now, I'm a Reflexologist and I still get to see some pretty awful damaged feet.   One client is only in her late 30s and her feet are permanently damaged through wearing high heels.  She has hammer toes, bunions, shortened Achilles and damage to her plantar fascia.   She's permanently in pain.   You know, you have 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and tendons in your feet.  That's one quarter of all the bones in your entire body.  They support you all your life, are a master of engineering as strong as steel and delicate as gossamer all at the same time.    If your feet hurt, you hurt all over.    If you damage them permanently, God help you.

lol, why am i not surprised and you were bemoaning Prince conning people?

Reviews from 2009 and 2011 have not found evidence sufficient to support the use of reflexology for any medical condition.[2][3] A 2009 systematic review of randomized controlled trials concludes: "The best evidence available to date does not demonstrate convincingly that reflexology is an effective treatment for any medical condition."[2]

In 2015 the Australian Government's Department of Health published the results of a review of alternative therapies that sought to determine if any were suitable for being covered by health insurance; reflexology was one of 17 therapies evaluated for which no clear evidence of effectiveness was found.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:42 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I used to be a nail technician.   I saw so many damaged toes and feet and bunions on young girls, you wouldn't believe it.   Now, I'm a Reflexologist and I still get to see some pretty awful damaged feet.   One client is only in her late 30s and her feet are permanently damaged through wearing high heels.  She has hammer toes, bunions, shortened Achilles and damage to her plantar fascia.   She's permanently in pain.   You know, you have 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and tendons in your feet.  That's one quarter of all the bones in your entire body.  They support you all your life, are a master of engineering as strong as steel and delicate as gossamer all at the same time.    If your feet hurt, you hurt all over.    If you damage them permanently, God help you.

Reviews from 2009 and 2011 have not found evidence sufficient to support the use of reflexology for any medical condition.[2][3] A 2009 systematic review of randomized controlled trials concludes: "The best evidence available to date does not demonstrate convincingly that reflexology is an effective treatment for any medical condition."[2]

In 2015 the Australian Government's Department of Health published the results of a review of alternative therapies that sought to determine if any were suitable for being covered by health insurance; reflexology was one of 17 therapies evaluated for which no clear evidence of effectiveness was found.

So, you're sinking into getting personal? You know that's a banning offence, don't you? My personal life and my work is nothing to do with you.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:44 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So, you're sinking into getting personal?    You know that's a banning offence, don't you?  My personal life and my work is nothing to do with you.  

Not if I think the industry is a con.
Its not getting personal but speaking out on medical quackery
Also you brought up your position and constantly claim I am effected by the full moon, as if I have mental health issues. So that is you being personal.
So I have every right to speak out against what I see as wrong.
Its a con

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

So, you're sinking into getting personal?    You know that's a banning offence, don't you?  My personal life and my work is nothing to do with you.  

Also you brought up your position and constantly claim I am effected by the full moon, as if I have mental health issues. So that is you being personal.
Its a con

Nobody mentioned mental health issues. You did. I saw you also had a dig at Rags and her faith beliefs. It hasn't taken you long, has it, to be disruptive and nasty. I was wondering how many days you'd fail to keep up the Hail Fellow, Well Met, facade.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:49 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Its a con

Nobody mentioned mental health issues.  You did.  I saw you also had a dig at Rags and her faith beliefs.   It hasn't taken you long, has it, to be disruptive and nasty.  I was wondering how many days you'd fail to keep up the Hail Fellow, Well Met, facade.  

Don;t lie, as why constantly bring up about the full moon, as you have in the past?

Its seems you have come here itching for a fight and going to starve you of one

How is speaking out on medical quackery being nasty?

Its not, if you cannot take criticism, then you should not dish it out

Lesson learnt

So enjoy being angry, its what you do best

I have now no further wish to engage in your immaturty

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Okay can we please try and keep from being personal Didge. Try and find a way to say what you need to say without bringing up past grudges and insulting each other.

Thank you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:55 pm

eddie wrote:Okay can we please try and keep from being personal Didge. Try and find a way to say what you need to say without bringing up past grudges and insulting each other.

Thank you.

Sorry, but how is being critical of medical quackery personal Eddie?

She actually started this with the following

HoratioTarr wrote:

January 12th looms.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19204p100-forget-your-new-years-resolution#372148

Its a full moon on the 12th Jan and there has been no fighting until Hoaratio came online

But fine, if its wrong to be critical of a con industry, then there is something very wrong indeed
no problem then

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:57 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Nobody mentioned mental health issues.  You did.  I saw you also had a dig at Rags and her faith beliefs.   It hasn't taken you long, has it, to be disruptive and nasty.  I was wondering how many days you'd fail to keep up the Hail Fellow, Well Met, facade.  

Don;t lie, as why constantly bring up about the full moon, as you have in the past?

Lesson learnt

Enjoy

Perhaps you'd care to contact The Christie and tell them that their use of Reflexology in the UK's biggest cancer hospital is a con? I was trained by them. Because of course, you know better than the experts and oncologists there.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Lesson learnt

Enjoy

Perhaps you'd care to contact The Christie and tell them that their use of Reflexology in the UK's biggest cancer hospital is a con?  I was trained by them.   Because of course, you know better than the experts and oncologists there.  

Sure, I will have no problem telling them that.
The experts say it has no medical benefit, I just proved that to you
Are you telling me it cures cancer now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:59 pm

You know it gets weird when you haven't a clue whats going or who some folks are. Neutral
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:00 am

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:Okay can we please try and keep from being personal Didge. Try and find a way to say what you need to say without bringing up past grudges and insulting each other.

Thank you.

HoratioTarr wrote:

January 12th looms.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t19204p100-forget-your-new-years-resolution#372148

Its a full moon on the 12th Jan and there has been no fighting until Hoaratio came online

But fine, if its wrong to be critical of a con industry, then there is something very wrong indeed
no problem then

You started with your snide digs at Ragga long before I came on line.

Anyway, back to the original topic.

So, how do stilettos impact on your life, Thorin? Do you find them comfortable? Or the price ruinous?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:01 am

Bella wrote:You know it gets weird when you haven't a clue whats going or who some folks are. Neutral

I love those boots you posted. Where did you get them from?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Perhaps you'd care to contact The Christie and tell them that their use of Reflexology in the UK's biggest cancer hospital is a con?  I was trained by them.   Because of course, you know better than the experts and oncologists there.  

Nobody has claimed it cures cancer. Go read The Christie site and educate yourself.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

no problem then

So, how do stilettos impact on your life, Thorin?   Do you find them comfortable?   Or the price ruinous?  

Are you Raggs as well now?
So that is not starting, you decided to start as seen

So yes lets move on

Why would I wear stilettos?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Nobody has claimed it cures cancer.   Go read The Christie site and educate yourself.

I am educated

Its medical quackery.
Show me peer reviewed papers that back this up as a medical benefit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

I'm telling you... a pair of these = happy feet!!!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 am

Don't ruin my shoe thread people. The shoes should be respected.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:04 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I doubt anyone's saying it cures cancer but perhaps it helps in a more holistic way .
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:05 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

So, how do stilettos impact on your life, Thorin?   Do you find them comfortable?   Or the price ruinous?  

So yes lets move on

You're posting a woman's shoe thread. You tell me.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:06 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I doubt anyone's saying it cures cancer but perhaps it helps in a more holistic way .

Psychologically?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:06 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So yes lets move on

You're posting a woman's shoe thread.  You tell me.

How sexist can you get?
How is it a woman's thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Bella wrote:You know it gets weird when you haven't a clue whats going or who some folks are. Neutral

I love those boots you posted.   Where did you get them from?

https://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/women/nubikk--dalida-boots-item-11720162.aspx
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:11 am

Thorin wrote:
Bella wrote:

Psychologically?

I would imagine so, possibly relaxes the body too, all help healing.
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Psychologically?

Then its all in the mind and nothing is actually being healed, which can then lead to further problems with the feet, with a false belief around the this helping the feet.

I don;t think that is helpful really.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It's a complementary treatment.   The key word being 'complementary'.  People forget that it's not just about the medical care you're given.  It's also about the psychological support and wellbeing that's vital for people with cancer, specially in palliative care.   At The Christie, the carers are also offered holistic treatments as a way to help with stress and anxiety.  The Holistic unit is a busy place.  I know.  I worked there.   I saw first hand how it helped.

Last edited by HoratioTarr on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 am

Here is some expext information on this:

Reflexology, also called zone therapy, is based on the notion that each body part is represented on the hands and feet and that pressing on specific areas on the hands or feet can have therapeutic effects in other parts of the body. Most proponents claim:

• The body is divided into 10 longitudinal zones—five on each side of the body.

• Each organ or part of the body is represented on the hands and feet;

• The practitioner can diagnose abnormalities by feeling the hands or feet

• Massaging or pressing each area can stimulate the flow of energy, blood, nutrients, and nerve impulses to the corresponding body zone and thereby relieve ailments in that zone.

The pathways postulated by reflexologists have not been anatomically demonstrated; and it is safe to assume that they do not exist. Similar rationales are used employed by iridologists (who imagine that eye markings represent disease throughout the body) and auricular acupuncturists who "map" body organs on the ear (a homunculus in the fetal position). The methodology is similar in both of these; and some commentators consider pressing on "acupuncture points" on the ear or elsewhere to be forms of reflexology, but most people refer to that as acupressure ("acupuncture without needles). The Reflexology Research Web site displays charts for foot and hand reflexology. The fees I have seen advertised have ranged from $35 to $100 per session.

Most reflexologists claim that their procedures can relieve stress, which is probably correct with respect to everyday stress. However, many reflexologists describe stress in terms that do not correspond to scientific knowledge. Kevin and Barbara Kunz, for example, state:
The individual's foot reflex areas reflect the individual's overall state of tension that has resulted from a lifetime of adaption to stress. Stress cues in the feet are a roadmap to the reflexologist. Wherever it is found on a foot, it is a sign that stress and its effect have begun to accumulate in the corresponding parts of the body [1]

Many proponents claim that foot reflexology can cleanse the body of toxins, increase circulation, assist in weight loss, and improve the health of organs throughout the body. Others have reported success in treating earaches, anemia, bedwetting, bronchitis, convulsions in an infant, hemorrhoids, hiccups, deafness, hair loss, emphysema, prostate trouble, heart disease, overactive thyroid gland, kidney stones, liver trouble, rectal prolapse, undescended testicles, intestinal paralysis, cataracts, and hydrocephalus (a condition in which an excess of fluid surrounding the brain can cause pressure that damages the brain). Some claim to "balance energy and enhance healing elsewhere in the body." [2] One practitioner has even claimed to have lengthened a leg that was an inch shorter than the other. There is no scientific support for these assertions.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/reflex.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Thorin wrote:
Bella wrote:

Then its all in the mind and nothing is actually being healed, which can then lead to further problems with the feet, with a false belief around the this helping the feet.

The mind can be a great healer Smile
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

lol, this can be very true, but you require positive attitudes, in abudance

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:22 am

Thorin wrote:Here is some expext information on this:

Reflexology, also called zone therapy, is based on the notion that each body part is represented on the hands and feet and that pressing on specific areas on the hands or feet can have therapeutic effects in other parts of the body. Most proponents claim:

• Massaging or pressing each area can stimulate the flow of energy, blood, nutrients, and nerve impulses to the corresponding body zone and thereby relieve ailments in that zone.

The pathways postulated by reflexologists have not been anatomically demonstrated; and it is safe to assume that they do not exist. Similar rationales are used employed by iridologists (who imagine that eye markings represent disease throughout the body) and auricular acupuncturists who "map" body organs on the ear (a homunculus in the fetal position). The methodology is similar in both of these; and some commentators consider pressing on "acupuncture points" on the ear or elsewhere to be forms of reflexology, but most people refer to that as acupressure ("acupuncture without needles). The Reflexology Research Web site displays charts for foot and hand reflexology. The fees I have seen advertised have ranged from $35 to $100 per session.

Most reflexologists claim that their procedures can relieve stress, which is probably correct with respect to everyday stress. However, many reflexologists describe stress in terms that do not correspond to scientific knowledge. Kevin and Barbara Kunz, for example, state:
The individual's foot reflex areas reflect the individual's overall state of tension that has resulted from a lifetime of adaption to stress. Stress cues in the feet are a roadmap to the reflexologist. Wherever it is found on a foot, it is a sign that stress and its effect have begun to accumulate in the corresponding parts of the body [1]

Many proponents claim that foot reflexology can cleanse the body of toxins, increase circulation, assist in weight loss, and improve the health of organs throughout the body. Others have reported success in treating earaches, anemia, bedwetting, bronchitis, convulsions in an infant, hemorrhoids, hiccups, deafness, hair loss, emphysema, prostate trouble, heart disease, overactive thyroid gland, kidney stones, liver trouble, rectal prolapse, undescended testicles, intestinal paralysis, cataracts, and hydrocephalus (a condition in which an excess of fluid surrounding the brain can cause pressure that damages the brain). Some claim to "balance energy and enhance healing elsewhere in the body." [2] One practitioner has even claimed to have lengthened a leg that was an inch shorter than the other. There is no scientific support for these assertions.

Yes, Quackwatch is a well known source for trying to 'expose'. But just as there is this website, you'll find hundreds more telling you about the positives. If Reflexology was such a bad thing, such a con, it wouldn't even get over the threshold of an NHS cancer hospital like The Christie, never mind the place actually training people to become Clinical Reflexologists.

You really need to stop trying so hard to be personal.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:Here is some expext information on this:

Yes, Quackwatch is a well known source for trying to 'expose'.     But just as there is this website, you'll find hundreds more telling you about the positives.   If Reflexology was such a bad thing, such a con, it wouldn't even get over the threshold of an NHS cancer hospital like The Christie, never mind the place actually training people to become Clinical Reflexologists.

You really need to stop trying so hard to be personal.

Well I did ask for you to show some peer reviewed papers

Stop trying to goad as well, its not going to work

Just because a cancer hospital uses it, does not mean it has any benefits, sorry, but that could well be the fact.

Here is more evidence for you

• The first study I know of was supervised by William T. Jarvis, Ph.D., a professor who taught research methods to graduate students at Loma Linda University. Using questionnaires, 70 subjects were asked to state whether they had had health problems during the previous two years in any of 43 anatomical areas. These data were then compared with the findings of a reflexologist as recorded on a report form. The results did not differ from what would be expected by blind guessing. To prevent the reflexologist from asking questions or observing subtle clues, the experimental subjects were asked to remain silent and a curtain was placed so that their feet were the only part of their body visible to the reflexologist [12].
  • In another study, 35 women with premenstrual syndrome (PMS) were randomly assigned to ear, hand, and foot reflexology or to placebo therapy done on sham reflex points. The women kept a daily record of 38 possible symptoms selected from previous PMS research questionnaires. The treatment group reported significantly fewer symptoms than the placebo group, and these improvement persisted for 2 months after treatment. Many women in this group fell asleep during the 30-minute sessions and reported feeling more energetic during the next day. The placebo group reported that they thought they were receiving genuine reflexology, The authors note, however, that it was very difficult to develop a credible placebo control group, which may have been the study's flaw. Normally, reflexology is soothing, but the placebo treatment was described as "either overly light or very rough." [13] Thus the differences could have been differences in the quality of the massage being administered. The study suggests that massage may relieve PMS symptoms, but it does not validate the alleged connection between reflex points and body organs
  • In another study, three experienced reflexologists examined 18 adults with one or more 6 specified conditions identified from their medical records. The data showed no significant relationship between the patient's medical diagnoses and the reflexologists' findings [14].
  • Another study compared the effects of foot reflexology, simple massage, and conversation on 130 patients who had undergone abdominal gynecologic surgery under full anesthesia. The patients were asked how they felt, and data were recorded on general condition, pain intensity, movement of the bowels, urination, and sleep, from the day before the operation until until the tenth day afterward. Simple massage turned out to be a relaxing, positive experience, whereas foot reflexology had various effects, some of which were negative. The researchers concluded that foot reflexology is not effective in acute, abdominal postsurgical situations in gynecology and can occasionally trigger abdominal pain [15].
  • Another study examined the popular claim that reflexology treatment benefits bronchial asthma. Ten weeks of active or simulated (placebo) reflexology were compared in a controlled trial of 40 outpatients with asthma. Objective lung function tests (peak flow morning and evening, and weekly spirometry at the clinic) did not change. Subjective scores (describing symptoms, beta2-inhalations and quality of life) and also bronchial sensitivity to histamine improved on both regimens, but no significant differences were found between groups receiving active or placebo reflexology. The researchers concluded that they had found no evidence that reflexology has a specific effect on asthma beyond placebo influence [16].

Bottom line, is its a con

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:28 am

Thorin wrote:
Bella wrote:

Very true, but if you are in a psychological meltdown or physically very ill the human touch can help attain a bit of that positive attitude. Smile

Last edited by Bella on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The mind and its psychological processes is very powerful.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:31 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Very true, but if you are in a psychological meltdown or physically very ill ,the human touch can help attain a bit of that positive attitude. Smile

To me, any sort of medical quackery really annoys me Bella. I watched my brother die of cancer and how he fell for such myths, which if he had of had proper treatment he could of survived. Well his chances would have been far greater. He was fooled into believing online remedies, which are a con. Believe me, if any of these methods did help, I would support them 100%. We need to focus money and energy on real medical help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next