NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoe heaven!!!!

+8
Syl
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
Miffs2
Raggamuffin
nicko
harvesmom
eddie
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 3 Empty Shoe heaven!!!!

Post by eddie Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay so I need lots of money to buy all these shoes, anyone fancy starting a collection for me?

I love these shoes!!

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 3 Img_5812
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 3 Img_5828
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 3 Img_5813
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 3 Img_5827
Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 3 Img_5814

All those shoes that just need a home and the right pair of loving feet Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Shoe heaven!!!!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Shoe heaven!!!!

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

lol, this can be very true, but you require positive attitudes, in abudance

Very true, but if you are in a psychological meltdown or physically very ill the human touch can help attain a bit of that positive attitude. Smile

The human touch, tender loving care, the soothing massage of Reflexology can and does calm down anxiety and stress. It's not a cure all, nobody has ever said that. It won't cure cancer, or any other illness or disease. No genuine reflexologist will ever claim that.

Thorin thinks I'm going to justify what I do by trawling the internet searching for counter 'research' in order for him to indulge in an argument. Unlike him, I don't feel the need to do that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 am

Thorin wrote:
Bella wrote:

Very true, but if you are in a psychological meltdown or physically very ill ,the human touch can help attain a bit of that positive attitude. Smile

To me, any sort of medical quackery really annoys me Bella. I watched my brother die of cancer and how he fell for such myths, which if he had of had proper treatment he could of survived. Well his chances would have been far greater. He was fooled into believing online remedies, which are a con. Believe me, if any of these methods did help, I would support them 100%. We need to focus money and energy on real medical help

I too lost my brother from Cancer /leukemia, he wasn't fooled by any online remedies and never had a chance of survival. I'm sorry about your brother, I do understand where you are coming from regarding some bogus therapies, such as this type of rubish https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/baking-soda-uses-cancer/.

However Reflexology is a complimentary therapy designed to give relief and as far as I know never claimed to be a cure for cancer.
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 am

Thorin wrote:
Bella wrote:

Very true, but if you are in a psychological meltdown or physically very ill ,the human touch can help attain a bit of that positive attitude. Smile

To me, any sort of medical quackery really annoys me Bella. I watched my brother die of cancer and how he fell for such myths, which if he had of had proper treatment he could of survived. Well his chances would have been far greater. He was fooled into believing online remedies, which are a con. Believe me, if any of these methods did help, I would support them 100%. We need to focus money and energy on real medical help

And this is really the crux of your anger. Understandable.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:45 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I too lost my brother from Cancer /leukemia, he wasn't fooled by any online remedies and never had a chance of survival. I'm sorry about your brother, I do understand where you are coming from regarding some bogus therapies, such as this type of rubish https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/baking-soda-uses-cancer/.

However Reflexology is a complimentary therapy designed to give relief and as far as I know never claimed to be a cure for cancer.

I lost my mum from cancer, and a dear friend. I watched that friend die from chemo and radiation sickness, bald and bloated and wretched. She was only 39. It was horrible. The most ghastly thing ever. The reality was, she was dying and nothing was going to save her. Chemo is all we have, and often it doesn't work, just extends the suffering.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:46 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Bella wrote:

Very true, but if you are in a psychological meltdown or physically very ill the human touch can help attain a bit of that positive attitude. Smile

The human touch, tender loving care, the soothing massage of Reflexology can and does calm down anxiety and stress.  It's not a cure all, nobody has ever said that.   It won't cure cancer, or any other illness or disease.  No genuine reflexologist will ever claim that.  

Thorin thinks I'm going to justify what I do by trawling the internet searching for counter 'research'  in order for him to indulge in an argument.  Unlike him, I don't feel the need to do that.  

Then its nothing more than a foot massage, which as seen foot massages gave better benefits in studies
You are convinced by your belief in this, and that is what it boils down to, faith. Nothing more
How is it an argument? All I am doing is being critical of claims made as if they are medical benefits.
You are the one that is being very defensive here, just as anyone is when they hold strong beliefs in something. You have to learn to take constructive criticism. I mean what if I was a patient at the hospital and you acted as you are now? How unprofessional would that be? You are going to have people challenge things they do not think have any benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Sorry to hear about your loss Bella. Never easy watching those close to you suffer that way.
But what difference is there in relief, when that patient could as easily have a massage?
I really do not see any difference here and all studies show it has no real effects. You can get stress relief from so many different methods. To me, it is money badly spent, when it could be used far better

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:53 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Bella wrote:

I lost my mum from cancer, and a dear friend.  I watched that friend die from chemo and radiation sickness, bald and bloated and wretched. She was only 39.   It was horrible.  The most ghastly thing ever.  The reality was, she was dying and nothing was going to save her.   Chemo is all we have, and often it doesn't work, just extends the suffering.

Sorry to hear about your mother and friend. I agree its horrible to watch
Cancer treatments do work, my father before he later died, had his prostrate go into remission with radiology. Its also a horrible treatment, but better advances in treatments are on the way. The best coming from gentics

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:02 am

Thorin wrote:
Bella wrote:

Sorry to hear about your loss Bella. Never easy watching those close to you suffer that way.
But what difference is there in relief, when that patient could as easily have a massage?
I really do not see any difference here and all studies show it has no real effects. You can get stress relief from so many different methods. To me, it is money badly spent, when it could be used far better

I'm not sure what you mean, I thought reflexology was some sort of foot massage.

I wish my brother had some sort of holistic therapy in his last few days, he was stuck in a very grim isolation room in intensive care, very aware of what was happening to him. I'll add he was severely Bi Polar too, very very anxious. You see he wasn't treated in a holistic way, he was being treated for Leukemia  and his mental health issues which had severely affected his life were ignored.
Bella
Bella
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:07 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean, I thought reflexology was some sort of foot massage.

I wish my brother had some sort of holistic therapy in his last few days, he was stuck in a very grim isolation room in intensive care, very aware of what was happening to him. I'll add he was severely Bi Polar too, very very anxious. You see he wasn't treated in a holistic way, he was being treated for Leukemia  and his mental health issues which had severely affected his life were ignored.

That must have been horrible. People should have far better end of life care. Something I strongly support, but again there are many other avenues here. Anyway its late and have work tomorrow

Night and all the best

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:20 am

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

The human touch, tender loving care, the soothing massage of Reflexology can and does calm down anxiety and stress.  It's not a cure all, nobody has ever said that.   It won't cure cancer, or any other illness or disease.  No genuine reflexologist will ever claim that.  

Thorin thinks I'm going to justify what I do by trawling the internet searching for counter 'research'  in order for him to indulge in an argument.  Unlike him, I don't feel the need to do that.  

Then its nothing more than a foot massage, which as seen foot massages gave better  benefits in studies
You are convinced by your belief in this, and that is what it boils down to, faith. Nothing more
How is it an argument? All I am doing is being critical of claims made as if they are medical benefits.
You are the one that is being very defensive here, just as anyone is when they hold strong beliefs in something. You have to learn to take constructive criticism. I mean what if I was a patient at the hospital and you acted as you are now? How unprofessional would that be? You are going to have people challenge things they do not think have any benefit.

No, it's quite different from a foot massage, though the two can be combined. Reflex uses very different techniques and the training involves knowledge of anatomy and physiology, contraindications, etc. I never claimed Reflex has 'medical' cures. Here are the GRCCT (The UK Federal Regulator for Complementary Therapies) guidelines/standards of regulations and criteria that a Reflexologist must adhere to and know before she/he can get their insurance or diploma. At the moment, there are no laws in place to protect the public from unqualified or incompetent therapists. But most genuine therapists are part of some professional regulatory body.

https://tools.skillsforhealth.org.uk/competence/show/html/id/2808/

Regardless of what anyone thinks of this holistic treatment, it's more regulated than most people realise. You can't get your insurance to practice otherwise. But just like in any complementary treatment you have good practitioners and bad ones and there will always be those who do silly online courses, or training that's not up to scratch, or who are not insured because they are just not suitably qualified.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:36 am

Bella wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I think more and more NHS hospitals and doctors are realising that holistic/complementary treatments have their place in healthcare. Particularly palliative care. Most hospices have them. At The Christie (I've told this story several times) I had a guy dying of stomach cancer. He was in so much pain with trapped wind, and nothing shifted it for him, none of the medication. The only thing that helped was the reflex. By working the stomach area on his foot, it released the trapped gases and he would burp his way through the treatment. I saw this kind of thing over and over again.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3