NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds

3 posters

Go down

Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds Empty Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds

Post by eddie Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds

The National Audit Office says poor services have persisted despite years of action and billions of pounds spent by the Government

Vulnerable children are being left at risk of harm due to the dire state of social services, a report from the Government’s spending watchdog has found.

The National Audit Office (NAO) study, branded “horrifying” by one leading MP, concluded the quality of protection offered to at-risk children is “unsatisfactory and inconsistent”.

Poor standards persist despite six years of Government action which has involved spending almost £2bn a year on the problem.

A lack of data, different approaches in different council areas and a failure on central government’s part to intervene early enough were key issues.

Meg Hillier MP, who chairs the Commons Public Accounts Committee, said: “It is horrifying that over three-quarters of local authorities’ child protection services are inadequate or require improvement to be good.

“The Department for Education needs to take radical action to meet their aim for all vulnerable children to receive high-quality care by 2020.”

The report acknowledged that the DfE had recognised the existence of a problem in 2010 and took action on the recommendations of the following year’s Munro Review on child protection, but it went on to find that services are still “not of good enough quality”.

Almost 80 per cent of councils inspected by Ofsted in the past three years failed to meet the “good” rating for support to children needing protection, said the NAO.

Some 26 out of 152 child protection departments are subject to Department for Education intervention after being rated “inadequate”.

But the NAO also found that good performance was not related to levels of deprivation in an area, numbers of children covered by the authority or the amount of money spent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vulnerable-children-national-audit-office-study-risk-social-services-horrifying-government-watchdog-a7356506.html
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds Empty Re: Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Major, are you really English or merely aspiring to be? Your (mis)use of our wonderful language is an insult to it. No

Last edited by Ziz on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds Empty Re: Vulnerable children left at risk by 'horrifying' state of social services, government watchdog finds

Post by eddie Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Where does the OP say that it's to do with foreign spending or anything to do with foreigners?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:15 pm

But you do know that children all around the world are suffering too? I don't think we should ignore any child anywhere.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Everyone pays tax on this island.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Major wrote:
Ziz wrote:Everyone pays tax on this island.

My quote is INCOME TAX.

And mine is TAX, as in "everyone pays tax on this island" - even people like you who receive benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Major wrote:
Ziz wrote:Major, are you really English or merely aspiring to be? Your (mis)use of our wonderful language is an insult to it. No

Stop sh**stirring Ziz, you understand as you answer back.

I went to a gud skule.

No respectful English person would willfully bastardize our language - I believe you to be someone from foreign climes intent on giving the genuine English a bad name on the internet - there's a lot of it about. No

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:28 pm

It's just the way he wants to post. It's stupid, but it's his way. I don't have a real problem with it tbh.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:30 pm

eddie wrote:It's just the way he wants to post. It's stupid, but it's his way. I don't have a real problem with it tbh.

I don't take issue with his right to post as he wishes - just him wrapping himself in our flag and culture as he does it.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:51 pm

eddie wrote:It's just the way he wants to post. It's stupid, but it's his way. I don't have a real problem with it tbh.

Just makes him look like a big(ger) tosser.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:28 am

Major wrote:
Ziz wrote:

No respectful English person would willfully bastardize our language - I believe you to be someone from foreign climes intent on giving the genuine English a bad name on the internet - there's a lot of it about. No

Beleeve away Ziz if it makez u happi, I hav bene doin it for yearz.

You appear to be anotha won of my fans wiv a fixashun for me, need I be wurrid?

Corrupting out beautiful language seems a strange hobby, but anything to keep you forunuz happy. afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down