NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was this the best the health and social services could manage?

Go down

Was this the best the health and social services could manage? Empty Was this the best the health and social services could manage?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2683599/Judge-allows-police-kick-pregnant-womans-door-enforced-C-section-irrational-fear-hospitals-die-child-birth.html

What a truly horrifying case and an appalling outcome. Surely this is a failure on every level?

Straight off the top of my head I am wondering why on earth social services have allowed this poor couple to live completely unsupervised in the community apparently with no support what-so-ever. With the described issues surely this was a case for "sectioning"? To treat and hopefully cure the irrational fear of hospitals and provide education on safe pregnancies? Or if the judge is going to grant the order to kick in the door of an autistic learning disabled pregnant woman why not have had an order 2 or 3 pregnancies ago for forced sterilization or at least long term contraception?

My heart bleeds here - for the woman, for the babies, for her partner - they are all victims of a system that seems to have not just lost common sense but thrown it out the window with glee. If we as a society cannot provide care for such vulnerable individuals and prevent such travesties as this maybe the doom sayers are right and there is no hope.

Back to top Go down

Was this the best the health and social services could manage? Empty Re: Was this the best the health and social services could manage?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Seriously is nobody going to comment on this? I am the only one appalled?

Back to top Go down

Was this the best the health and social services could manage? Empty Re: Was this the best the health and social services could manage?

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:04 pm

sphinx wrote:Seriously is nobody going to comment on this?  I am the only one appalled?

Sort of, but if there had been a forced sterilisation or whatever, people would say it was cruel.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:09 pm

I read about this yesterday and I think the kindest thing to do, is to sterilise her when she has her C-Section as she will only get pregnant again and again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:16 pm

sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2683599/Judge-allows-police-kick-pregnant-womans-door-enforced-C-section-irrational-fear-hospitals-die-child-birth.html

What a truly horrifying case and an appalling outcome.  Surely this is a failure on every level?

Straight off the top of my head I am wondering why on earth social services have allowed this poor couple to live completely unsupervised in the community apparently with no support what-so-ever.  With the described issues surely this was a case for "sectioning"?  To treat and hopefully cure the irrational fear of hospitals and provide education on safe pregnancies?  Or if the judge is going to grant the order to kick in the door of an autistic learning disabled pregnant woman why not have had an order 2 or 3 pregnancies ago for forced sterilization or at least long term contraception?

My heart bleeds here - for the woman, for the babies, for her partner - they are all victims of a system that seems to have not just lost common sense but thrown it out the window with glee.  If we as a society cannot provide care for such vulnerable individuals and prevent such travesties as this maybe the doom sayers are right and there is no hope.

Could not agree with you more Sphinx, they should have been much more care and attention and if she has a phobia (which sounds very severe) about hospitals, they could have arranged a home birth and a midwife could have gone every day. That is how it used to be. On top of that they could give her a contraceptive pill implant. What they need is help, they are vunerable, vunerable people and should be cared for not made to have unneccessary operations under force!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2683599/Judge-allows-police-kick-pregnant-womans-door-enforced-C-section-irrational-fear-hospitals-die-child-birth.html

What a truly horrifying case and an appalling outcome.  Surely this is a failure on every level?

Straight off the top of my head I am wondering why on earth social services have allowed this poor couple to live completely unsupervised in the community apparently with no support what-so-ever.  With the described issues surely this was a case for "sectioning"?  To treat and hopefully cure the irrational fear of hospitals and provide education on safe pregnancies?  Or if the judge is going to grant the order to kick in the door of an autistic learning disabled pregnant woman why not have had an order 2 or 3 pregnancies ago for forced sterilization or at least long term contraception?

My heart bleeds here - for the woman, for the babies, for her partner - they are all victims of a system that seems to have not just lost common sense but thrown it out the window with glee.  If we as a society cannot provide care for such vulnerable individuals and prevent such travesties as this maybe the doom sayers are right and there is no hope.

Could not agree with you more Sphinx, they should have been much more care and attention and if she has a phobia (which sounds very severe) about hospitals, they could have arranged a home birth and a midwife could have gone every day.   That is how it used to be.   On top of that they could give her a contraceptive pill implant.   What they need is help, they are vunerable, vunerable people and should be cared for not made to have unneccessary operations under force!

From the sounds of it she does need hospital care giving birth - a midwife cannot cope with fitting or stroking in the mother.

This quite simply has been mishandled from the start - although it would not surprise me in the least if somewhere along the way some "human rights" advocate campaigned for this womans right to refuse contraception and have unprotected sex.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down