NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program

2 posters

Go down

Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program Empty Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program Mikaeel-kular-1_2796130b

Social workers stopped monitoring the family of a three-year-old boy who was beaten to death by his mother just weeks before the fatal attack, it emerged yesterday.

Rosdeep “Rosie” Adekoya, 34, was originally charged with murdering her son Mikaeel Kular but pleaded guilty at the High Court in Edinburgh to the reduced charge of culpable homicide.

The single mother-of-five, an unemployed beauty therapist, told police on January 16 that he had disappeared overnight from the family home in the Scottish capital, sparking a search involving thousands of members of the public.

But the awful truth, revealed to a hushed courtroom yesterday, was that she had lost her temper with the son she found "hard to love" before launching a violent and sustained assault on the toddler.

Her personal internet history offered a shocking glimpse of her mindset at the time.

She carried out Google searches using the phrases, "I find it hard to love my son", "I love all of my children except one", "Why am I so aggressive with my son" and "Get rid of bruises".
Adekoya also cut Mikaeel out of family pictures she put on social media just weeks before he died.

One of the original images shows the three-year-old staring at his mother. But in the picture she shared on her “Rosie All Good” Instagram page, he was the only sibling to be cut out.

She also posted motivational messages as her son was dying. On January 12, she posted a quote from the novelist Paulo Coelho, saying: “Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once."

The second message, on January 13, the day before Mikaeel died, read: "As long as you are breathing you still have the chance for a better and happier life."

The handling of the case by social services raises disturbing questions about child care and will be the subject of a significant case review.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10991688/Inquiry-launched-into-social-care-after-Mikaeel-Kular-beaten-to-death-by-mother.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program Empty Re: Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program

Post by eddie Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:34 pm

I just have no words.
How does a person best a small defenceless person to death?

To that little boy, she was everything, his whole world, and the last thing he saw was the hatred and anger in her eyes as she hurt him.

I hope there is a heaven and I hope he plays happily in it.
Rest in peace little bubba xxxx
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program Empty Re: Boy beaten to death by mother weeks after social services ended monitoring program

Post by Guest Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Ah well, "there will be lessons learned".......again  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:41 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:Ah well, "there will be lessons learned".......again      Rolling Eyes 

Yep. A head will roll then that head will sue the arse off someone and be paid nicely.

It choked me up reading that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down