NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meghan Markle discusses the effect of social media on mental health

2 posters

Go down

Meghan Markle discusses the effect of social media on mental health Empty Meghan Markle discusses the effect of social media on mental health

Post by eddie Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:22 pm

'Your sense of self-worth becomes skewed':

The Duchess of Sussex has spoken about the pressures of social media during a conversation with mental health advocates in New Zealand.

During a tour of the country with Prince Harry, Meghan Markle visited the Maranui café in Wellington where she talked to staff and volunteers from a number of initiatives including Live For Tomorrow, an organisation focused on reaching youth with messages of hope and positive change.

“Young people find it so difficult,” she said.

“You see photos on social media and you don’t know whether she’s born with it or maybe it’s a filter.

“Your judgement of your sense of self-worth becomes really skewed when it’s all based on likes.”

The Duke added: “Issues stemming from social media and gaming are a major problem for young people in the UK — and globally.

“Fingers are often pointed at the parents but that’s not always fair as they too need to be educated about these things.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/meghan-markle-social-media-mental-health-self-worth-new-zealand-a8608331.html

I like this woman! I’ve always liked her. She’s smart. I have a feeling she’s going to bring some welcome changes to the UK. Beautiful and emotionally intelligent.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Meghan Markle discusses the effect of social media on mental health Empty Re: Meghan Markle discusses the effect of social media on mental health

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:25 pm

Is she another fucking Millennial???
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Meghan Markle discusses the effect of social media on mental health Empty Re: Meghan Markle discusses the effect of social media on mental health

Post by eddie Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:28 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:Is she another fucking Millennial???

Okay I know you have a distaste where millennials are concerned. But!

She’s a classy, intelligent woman. And she changed a law dude.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down