NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit

+8
'Wolfie
Irn Bru
Raggamuffin
eddie
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Syl
Ben Reilly
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 Empty Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nicola Sturgeon has suggested that the Scottish parliament could block the passage of legislation necessary for the UK to leave the EU.

In an interview with the Sunday Politics Scotland, she said that “of course” she would consider asking the Scottish parliament to vote down the legislative consent motions required for the legislation.

In her fifth major political interview of the morning, Scotland’s first minister told the show’s host, Gordon Brewer: “If the Scottish parliament is judging this on the basis of what’s right for Scotland, then the option of saying we’re not going to vote for something that’s against Scotland’s interests, that’s got to be on the table. You’re not going to vote for something that is not in Scotland’s interests.”

Asked if she could imagine the fury of English people who voted for Brexit if Scotland tried to block the UK leaving the EU, she said: “I can, but it’s perhaps similar to the fury of many people in Scotland right now as we face the prospect of being taken out of the EU against their will. I didn’t create these situations. I’m trying to navigate the best way forward through them.”

Adam Tomkins, leading constitutional law expert and newly elected Conservative MSP, made the point that Sturgeon’s words should be interpreted carefully, given that there was a huge difference between withholding consent and having a veto.

“Holyrood has no power to block Brexit. It is not clear that a legislative consent motion would be triggered by Brexit, but withholding consent is not the same as having the power to block. The Scottish parliament does not hold the legal power to block [the UK exiting the EU].”

He added that the Holyrood parliament was not powerless – for example, it could refuse to give its consent to changes to the devolution settlement required by Brexit – but that its power simply does not extend to having a veto.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/26/nicola-sturgeon-new-scottish-referendum-brexit

Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 D1acefaab76af06988c216e00a2b4c1edd975d02be466d922205a515d2a3409d
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 Empty Re: Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Yes, he is a nasty piece of work. It's awful that he's a moderator here, with the full backing of Ben and eddie.
So say's the sanctimonious - highly religious member that  Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 2981866455  's the community and dribbles her scathing mental dumps about members and is allowed the freedom to do that without ever getting her knuckles busted for her vile attcks Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 1794926327   
Such a supreme example of proper behavior  Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 371740092

What's wrong with being highly religious? Are you a bigot?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 Empty Re: Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
So say's the sanctimonious - highly religious member that  Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 2981866455  's the community and dribbles her scathing mental dumps about members and is allowed the freedom to do that without ever getting her knuckles busted for her vile attcks Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 1794926327   
Such a supreme example of proper behavior  Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 371740092

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a REAL FAITHFUL RELIGIOUS PERSON, I know many; it's the 'fake faithful' that enjoy touting their faith as a HAMMER OF JUSTICE while being - mean & spiteful - that is the hypocritical burr! 
Do You Know What A Bigot Is?  Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 202592697
Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 2387050134   Is this another word usage lesson like 'Metaphor' that you kept messing up so horribly?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:03 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a REAL FAITHFUL RELIGIOUS PERSON, I know many; it's the 'fake faithful' that enjoy touting their faith as a HAMMER OF JUSTICE while being - mean & spiteful - that is the hypocritical burr! 
Do You Know What A Bigot Is?  Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 202592697
Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 2387050134   Is this another word usage lesson like 'Metaphor' that you kept messing up so horribly?

Are you saying I'm fake? Just remind me where I mentioned religion before you started ranting about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:06 pm

I believe that wee jimmy krankie has rolled back a bit on independence since reality was forced onto her. polls say 45% want to stay, 42% want to leave.

of course polls are what they once were,.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:52 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:cause now you get fucked harder, you will realise you were not gettign fucked at all before. you just had what every other non-super power had. now you are going to have less as super powers now want you to suffer.

And no Sympathy will be given the englishmen cause it is still so much nicer and less cruel than when you where a super power. Rolling Eyes

these are just the facts of life, you fucked with a bigger stronger beast then yourself, now you will pay the consequence.

And you wonder why people want out...!?

You really are a nasty piece of work...

Yes, he is a nasty piece of work. It's awful that he's a moderator here, with the full backing of Ben and eddie.

Excuse me? I'm not the forum owner.
And for some reason people seem to assume I run the site with Ben? We are not married you know!

Rags? Are you going to explain your remark about Veya?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:11 pm

eddie wrote:
eddie wrote:

And for some reason people seem to assume I run the site with Ben? We are not married you know!

Rags? Are you going to explain your remark about Veya?

Sure. You support him don't you? Perhaps one of you could actually try to rein him in and tell him to stop his vile racism against the English.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:30 pm

I don't support his views about the British no, but people reply to him in the same vein, about Australia, don't they?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:09 pm

Yes they do Eddie, but he starts it, For some reason [and I wish he'd tell us] he hates us.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:17 pm

nicko wrote:Yes they do Eddie, but he starts it,   For some reason [and I wish he'd tell us]  he hates us.  

And what would you have me do about it? If he does hate the British what am I to do?
It was rags' reference to Ben and I giving Veya "full backing" that I objected to; we aren't the only admin.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:31 pm

eddie wrote:I don't support his views about the British no, but people reply to him in the same vein, about Australia, don't they?

He doesn't seem to have a go at all the british though does he...!?

It's always just against the English!

Maybe in leftie 'quantum thinking', only English invaders and colonists of other lands ever happened and were of course nasty... while the Scottish invaders and colonists either never really happened or were nice friendly invited guests...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:37 pm

http://www.historytoday.com/blog/2012/06/scotland-and-british-empire
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:23 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:cause now you get fucked harder, you will realise you were not gettign fucked at all before. you just had what every other non-super power had. now you are going to have less as super powers now want you to suffer.

And no Sympathy will be given the englishmen cause it is still so much nicer and less cruel than when you where a super power. Rolling Eyes

these are just the facts of life, you fucked with a bigger stronger beast then yourself, now you will pay the consequence.

Which is pretty stupid ....

I was a Mod here Before Any of you were members Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:27 am

nicko wrote:Yes they do Eddie, but he starts it,   For some reason [and I wish he'd tell us]  he hates us.  

telling you the truth is not hating you...

trying to wake you up for you day dreams is just doing you a favour.

And as one of the few people down here that Called the English (which really did carry the vote) would be dumb enough to leave the EU As shows that I am far more perceptive of the true nature of Englishmen than you give me credit for.

the fact that you don't like what English people presenting to the world is not my fault or problem.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:50 am

If brains were dynamite, you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:05 am

Lol yes nicko   Cool
i saw you got interviewed on TV about your vote
Sturgeon: Scotland might vote to block Brexit - Page 2 Y9Q5ZzJ
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:48 pm

Just more bullshit...

It's our choice and we chose out... it might mean we buy more from Australia with less tarrifs... so why are you so against this?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:13 pm

I don't think it's going to happen at all -- something along the lines of a second referendum, or parliament might just ignore it! It's not legally binding anyway.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:21 pm

We have had a referendum and the decision has been made... it WILL happen...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:22 pm

Even if we have to get rid of Scotland and NI, we will not let Parliament ignore the result of the referendum.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:25 pm

We may all have to vote Ukip to make it happen... some of these eu weasels will try every low life trick in the book to fuk us over on democracy!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Do we keep having referendums until 'we' get the answer 'we' want then?

The U.K. will be absolutely fine without the EU
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:34 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It's not the first time it's been hinted at or said either.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Well I think we should apply veyas line of thought to things scottish

after all as he says we are now a mid sized fish in a big pool

so scotland wants to be a minnow in the big fishes pool
so it had better get used to a few realities

and the FIRST thing is to scrap the barnet formula....which pays for their free prescriptions etc.....

I mean they have GOT to learn to cope on their own now..........
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:34 pm

Spanish PM: "Scotland does not have the competence to negotiate with the EU... if the UK leaves, Scotland leaves".

I guess his veto will be out when they try to join
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:36 pm

I think it unfair that they are making those assumptions about Scotland.
If Scotland want to join the European Union then why shouldn't they be allowed to?

Fucking EU. Bunch of bully boys.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:40 pm

I think Scottish people only want to stay in the eu if they can stay in the UK as part of the EU...

But that is not an option...

Uk is leaving the eu...

So scotland can either stay in the UK or leave the UK and then try to join the eu as a tiny new member...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:24 pm

and there's more

French president Francois Hollande: "The negotiations will be conducted with the United Kingdom, not with a part of the United Kingdom"

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:25 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:and there's more

French president Francois Hollande: "The negotiations will be conducted with the United Kingdom, not with a part of the United Kingdom"

Nice one! Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:27 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:

my dads bigger than your dad.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I don't think it's going to happen at all -- something along the lines of a second referendum, or parliament might just ignore it! It's not legally binding anyway.
I am sure you will say the same should trump win
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:24 pm

eddie wrote:I think it unfair that they are making those assumptions about Scotland.
If Scotland want to join the European Union then why shouldn't they be allowed to?

Fucking EU. Bunch of bully boys.
scotland can attempt to join the EU, however to do so they need to fulfil the fiscal requirements and various other hoops they make country's jump through. They cannot say we are joining and just join. It may take 10 years to get in and then spain may well veto them, they do not want a separatist movement encouraging their own separatists movements.

during those years out in the wilderness there is no guarantee that scotland will have the backing of the bank of england for their currency usage. Bitian does not have to keep supporting them if they leave the union. 10 years without a real currency might hurt the people of scotland rather more than staying with the UK. At the very least they will be forced to join the failing Euro.

the other elephant in the room is that polls suggest she would lose the referendum again.

but all this tough talk diverts attention away from the dire state of affairs the SNP has left scotland in after around a decade of being in charge
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:31 pm

I know they can't "just join" but why make it so bloody hard for them before Scotland have even asked?

I don't care much for meaningless words and trick mirrors when it comes to this kind of thing, it's basically, striped back to its bones, a big gang telling a much smaller gang that they haven't got enough marbles to join, and even if they did, the marbles wouldn't be big enough.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:40 pm

eddie wrote:I know they can't "just join" but why make it so bloody hard for them before Scotland have even asked?

I don't care much for meaningless words and trick mirrors when it comes to this kind of thing,  it's basically, striped back to its bones, a big gang telling a much smaller gang  that they haven't got enough marbles to join, and even if they did, the marbles wouldn't be big enough.
because they ahve to follow the rules the same as the albanians or any other country.

scotland didn't join the EU, the united kingdom did.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Well looks like voting out has created a shitfest; when the duets has settled only the strong will remain standing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2