NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home

+8
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
eddie
Syl
Major
nicko
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 Empty More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home, research suggests, yet the UK has taken a tiny handful of people compared to other wealthy countries like Canada.

The UK came third after China and Germany in Amnesty International’s ranking of how accepting countries are of refugees, which shows anti-refugee rhetoric and policies are wildly “out of step” with public opinion, the charity says.
Britain has committed to taking 20,000 Syrian refugees by 2020, less than a quarter of the number that it should based on the size of its economy, according to Oxfam which called the figure “shocking”.

The British effort pales in comparison to Canada, which just took in 25,000 people in just four months.
That includes the family of the drowned toddler Alan Kurdi, who were welcomed in joyful scenes in Vancouver in December.

Amnesty’s first Refugees Welcome Index, carried out by consultancy GlobeScan, questioned more than 27,000 people across 27 countries about their acceptance of refugees.

It found Russia, Indonesia and Thailand were the countries least welcoming, while Canada, Australia and Spain ranked highly, just behind the UK:
More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 573cc930130000d6053821bd
Amnesty
Each country is ranked out of 100 based on how accepting they are of refugees, where 0 means all respondents would refuse refugees entry, and 100 means all respondents would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home.
David Cameron blocked plans to take 3,000 unaccompanied child refugees already registered in Europe, but was forced to U-turn after pressure from his own MPs and charities.

In comparison, the Canadian government has a website titled #WelcomeRefugees, letting citizens track incoming flights arriving with refugees on board, so they can help them settle in.

Welcoming refugees with “open hearts” is “the Canadian way” says the site, which advises businesses that they should help by “donating money, items and services, and hiring refugees.”

The Canadian site has a counter showing how many Syrian refugees have arrived there (now over 27,190). It tracks asylum applications in progress and counts how many text messages have been sent to ask refugees if they are interested in coming to Canada, as well as how many Syrians have asked about moving to Canada at a UN centre.
“Resettling refugees is a proud and important part of Canada’s humanitarian tradition,” the Canandian refugee site says. Its resettlement programme was launched after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took office in November 2015. It planned to take 25,000 people in two months, and managed it in four.

Maryam Monsef, Canada’s Minister of Democratic Institutions said: “Welcoming 25,000 refugees in such a short period of time is a shining example of the welcoming spirit of Canadians.

“Throughout the country, we have seen communities – large and small – embrace newcomers as only Canadians could. This is making a tangible difference in the lives of so many.”

Most Brits in the Amnesty research said they would gladly welcome refugees into their area, while 29% even said they would accept refugees into their own home.

And 70% of those surveyed think the UK government should do more to help people fleeing war and persecution.
More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 573cfade1600002a00f93d1b
Government of Canada
Canadian immigration minister John McCallum gives a teddy bear to a young Syrian girl.
Kate Allen, Director of Amnesty International UK, said the findings showed the UK was “overwhelmingly supportive of refugees” and that the government was “out of step with reality”.

“Local organisations are campaigning for their councils to take in refugee families, grassroots groups are collecting supplies for Calais or organising fundraising comedy or music nights and individuals have been heading as far as Greece to volunteer in refugee camps,” she said.

“The survey reveals that anti-refugee political rhetoric is out of step with reality.”

According to Oxfam, the UK and other wealthy nations have resettled less than 2% of Syrian refugees escaping the ongoing civil war.

In 2015 a UNHCR report showed that the poorest countries were caring for most of the world’s refugees. Turkey has taken in more than any country, and is home to over 1.9 million Syrians fleeing violence and instability, while there are thought to be 1.5 million refugees in Lebanon - making one in four people in the country a refugee.

Israel is the only country sharing a border with Syria that has not taken in any refugees from the country, though it has given humanitarian aid and medical treatment to more than 1,000 people.

Pakistan has hosted the most refugees from any area for 22 of the last 36 years according to UNHCR data, but comes in second place to Turkey today. Most refugees in Pakistan are Afghans, who made up the largest proportion of the world’s refugees until Syrian people overtook them in January 2015.

Globally, four out of five people in the survey sad they would welcome refugees into their country “with open arms”.
Nearly a third (32%) said they would accept refugees in their neighbourhood while half (47%) would accept refugees in their city, town or village.

One in 10 would take refugees into their home, ranging from 46% in China down to 1% in Russia.

In 20 of the 27 countries, more than 75% of respondents said they would let refugees in their country. Just 17% said they would refuse refugees entry to their country.

Russia was the only country in which more than a third of people said they would deny refugees access (61%).

Amnesty is calling on leaders at the World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul next week to commit to a permanent system for sharing the responsibility for refugees. The charity is asking governments to resettle 1.2 million refugees by the end of 2017 - far more than the 100,000 per year that are being taken annually.

Even that many would be less than a tenth of the 19.5 million refugees in the world today.

Allen from Amnesty International said the UK government could go to the World Humanitarian Summit a “confident that British citizens are ready and willing to welcome refugees, not only into the country, but also into their neighbourhoods and even their homes.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/refugees-welcome-index-amnesty-which-countries-have-taken-most_uk_573cc73fe4b0328a838bdb67?utm_hp_ref=uk-politics&ir=UK%2BPolitics§ion=uk_politics

There are literally thousands of people at grassroots level helping, collecting, campaigning, going to Calais and Greece to help and I'm very glad that this research shows they are the MAJORITY in the country.

Back to top Go down

More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 Empty Re: More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 10:24 pm

so can you deny that wherever they go they demmand this and that and the other.....and get all out of shape and offended by what we do....
strewth even you are too dumb to see that the very values YOU espouse are despised and hated by the purveyors of that toxic ideology....

islam is...however you want to cut the cake, absolutely incompatible with western values

its very foundation denys our way of life...

It is first and foremost a theocracy....it actually states in its founding rules that the faith overides the law (or rather is the law) It is constitutionally incapable of basic co-existance in the long run with democracy...

(and FFS DONT give me any irrelevant crap about how bad at that christianity was 500 600 1000 years ago...
it may have escaped your notice but this is now NOT 1066)

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 Empty Re: More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Stormee wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Damn, Vic, you're really being a Chicken Little today ...

How many Mexican down and outs would you invite into your home to live free? Ben.

If I had room, and they were running from something like ISIS? As many as I could fit.

Texans get along great with Mexicans; you know they're my friends, neighbors and co-workers, right? A few are even ex-girlfriends of mine!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 10:39 pm

Lord Foul wrote:so can you deny that wherever they go they demmand this and that and the other.....and get all out of shape and offended by what we do....
strewth even you are too dumb to see that the very values YOU espouse are despised and hated by the purveyors of that toxic ideology....

islam is...however you want to cut the cake, absolutely incompatible with western values

It is first and foremost a theocracy....it actually states in its founding rules that the faith overides the law (or rather is the law) It is constitutionally incapable of  basic co-existance in the long run with democracy...

(and FFS DONT give me any irrelevant crap about how bad at that christianity was 500 600 1000 years ago...

Well, Islam isn't going anywhere, is it? Yes, fundamentalist Islam is bad, like other forms of fundamentalism. But most Muslims are regular people -- no worse than you or me.

Given that it's not going anywhere, do you think it's more realistic to try to temper and tame Islam, Christianity-style, by having interaction between Muslims and Westerners, or by trying to build a wall around fundamentalist Islam? Or World War 3 and the collapse of civilization?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 10:40 pm

do you begin to see a pattern here raggs...

same with veya and Muslims...

as soon as these blokes start shagging em they turn all collaborationist.......

the vagina, clearly, is greater than good sense any time...... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Lord Foul wrote:do you begin to see a pattern here raggs...

I know you're joking, but that's pretty offensive, man. Having Mexican friends as a white person in Texas isn't abnormal or "collaborationist" in any way. My boss is Mexican! So are my sister's godparents.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so can you deny that wherever they go they demmand this and that and the other.....and get all out of shape and offended by what we do....

It is first and foremost a theocracy....it actually states in its founding rules that the faith overides the law (or rather is the law) It is constitutionally incapable of  basic co-existance in the long run with democracy...

Well, Islam isn't going anywhere, is it? Yes, fundamentalist Islam is bad, like other forms of fundamentalism. But most Muslims are regular people -- no worse than you or me.

Given that it's not going anywhere, do you think it's more realistic to try to temper and tame Islam, Christianity-style, by having interaction between Muslims and Westerners, or by trying to build a wall around fundamentalist Islam? Or World War 3 and the collapse of civilization?

It took 500 years to "tame" christianity, and even now the job isnt complete

it once again may have escaped your notice but we dont have the luxury of that leisurly pace......

and it has to be said your generalisation up there that
"But most Muslims are regular people -- no worse than you or me."

appears to me to be made with the benefit of what I may call typical liberalist rose tinted spectacles

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 10:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I know you're joking, but that's pretty offensive, man. Having Mexican friends as a white person in Texas isn't abnormal or "collaborationist" in any way. My boss is Mexican! So are my sister's godparents.

well, perhaps it was a tad harsh, especially considering that the difference between a "typical" mexican and a texan is likely no greater than that of an englishman and a frenchman....

(I may be wrong but just how spanish (by descent as opposed to culture) and how "native" (for want of a better term) are the mexicans???

I make the assumption that the inquisition didnt leave exactly great numbers of the original peoples behind?????????????????????

TBH I think raggas question was a bit of comparing apples with oranges too......

after all the mexicans dont I presume, consider you "gringo's" as sons of satan, or consider you eat the devils food (mind you I DO....both of you....you eat chilli's ....aggghhhhh!!!!)...do they???

Last edited by Lord Foul on Thu May 19, 2016 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

it once again may have escaped your notice but we dont have the luxury of that leisurly pace......

appears to me to be made with the benefit of what I may call typical liberalist rose tinted spectacles

So you're actually buying into this bullshit that most Muslims are terrorists? Thought you were smarter than that.

And if we don't have time to rub off on Islam in a positive way (more bullshit, as that was 500 years with no Internet and over 400 without even any airplanes), what's the alternative? Try to destroy one of the major world religions? Like I said -- WW3?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

well, perhaps it was a tad harsh, especially considering that the difference between a "typical" mexican and a texan is likely no greater than that of an englishman and a frenchman....

(I may be wrong but just how spanish (by descent as opposed to culture) and how "native" (for want of a better term) are the mexicans???

I make the assumption that the inquisition didnt leave exactly great numbers of the original peoples behind?????????????????????

TBH I think raggas question was a bit of comparing apples with oranges too......

after all the mexicans dont I presume, consider you "gringo's" as sons of satan, or consider you eat the devils food...do they???

Mexicans come in a lot of varieties, but most are predominantly descended from the American cultures that the Spanish conquered. Still, there are plenty of Mexicans who look like this:

More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 Mexican_Girls

Still, most look more like this:

More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 Mexican-flag-us-flag-reuters

The Spanish did kill a lot of natives but they didn't really enter the country in great numbers (only about 750,000 over two centuries).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Ben... you are a misguided fool...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 11:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Ben... you are a misguided fool...

Coming from a person such as yourself, Tommy, I consider that a great compliment. I would never want your approval, and if I ever got it, it would be a true emotional gut-punch.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 11:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

So you're actually buying into this bullshit that most Muslims are terrorists? Thought you were smarter than that.

nope, but I do have the unesy feeling that if push came to shove and they saw the chance of their caliphate that they would jump thataway rather than backing the lands that have fed them....

And if we don't have time to rub off on Islam in a positive way (more bullshit, as that was 500 years with no Internet and over 400 without even any airplanes), what's the alternative? Try to destroy one of the major world religions? Like I said -- WW3?

nope...but we could try being a bit less "accomodating" to their constant demands and offended feelings
there should be NO "Muslim council of great britain"
there should be NO sharia law/banks etc

and it should be made plain that there are things we do that they may find offensive...and thats tough shit.....they have no right to whinge complain or agitate about it.....

that would make a start....compromising IS NOT a good way....since if you compromise on one demand...others are sure to follow....and they get worse and more intrusive the more you compromise....

As to the internet...pffft in most Muslim nations they cant see 2/3rds of it anyway....and/or the majority wont look becasue they are religiously blind...
lets face it the internet is a jihadi recruiting post and little more in many of those lands...and what difference i ask does planes make??? when if you travel to many of those places you will be jailed for even posessing say a bible...let alone anything more "revolutionary"

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Has any British non-Muslim been forced to have a legal dispute resolved via Sharia?

Has any British non-Muslim been forced to use an Islamic bank?

If you're going to do away with the Muslim Council, shouldn't you have to do away with any similar organization for other religions or groups?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Has any British non-Muslim been forced to have a legal dispute resolved via Sharia?

Has any British non-Muslim been forced to use an Islamic bank?

NOT the point...one nation ONE law

If you're going to do away with the Muslim Council, shouldn't you have to do away with any similar organization for other religions or groups?

if they are "intruders" yes...and indeed more generally yes in any case...i have oft argued about the role the church "lords" play in our upper chamber
there is NO place in politics, for religion.  but...you dont see for instance polish migrants agitating for a polish council etc.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 19, 2016 11:44 pm

The biggest gut punch you will ever get will be from yourself when you finally grow up enough to allow yourself to see the truth and realise what an idiot you have been for so long...

Denial is a sickness... not a cure...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 11:50 pm

Very glad to say we have already taken in the refugees we were allowed to take and are preparing to take more.   The council were overwhelmed by the amount of help and support offered and the first families are settling in nicely. 

Frankly Vic, I'm going to start calling you Alf.

Ben, take heart, for all the racism on here, the majority of Brits really want to help and sometimes the relief effort has more help than it can handle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 11:53 pm

Frankly Vic, you and Tommy and Stormee etc are doing the work ISIS wants you to do.

They tell Muslims that they will never be accepted by the West and ISIS is there only hope, and you are stupid enough to enforce that idea.   Dumb doesn't cover it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 19, 2016 11:54 pm

sassy wrote:Very glad to say we have already taken in the refugees we were allowed to take and are preparing to take more.   The council were overwhelmed by the amount of help and support offered and the first families are settling in nicely. 

Frankly Vic, I'm going to start calling you Alf.

frankly my dear...I dont give a damn, to coin a phrase......

Ben, take heart, for all the racism on here, the majority of Brits really want to help and sometimes the relief effort has more help than it can handle.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 19, 2016 11:57 pm

Sassy... you are trying to open the door to them...

You are doing their work... believing their lies...

Putting us all at risk!!!

You are a dangerous fool and a useful idiot for terrorists!!!

Get a grip woman!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Carry on proving ISIS right, you haven't got the sense or the humanity to see you are the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 am

You are trying to let them spread through Europe and into uk!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:02 am

Oh do shut up.  I'd put you in front of the ad they made with British people as the refugees and make you watch it for hours.   You are helping ISIS, you are proving them right, you are a disgrace and thankfully, a minority.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:05 am

sassy wrote:Frankly Vic, you and Tommy and Stormee etc are doing the work ISIS wants you to do.

They tell Muslims that they will never be accepted by the West and ISIS is there only hope, and you are stupid enough to enforce that idea.   Dumb doesn't cover it.

of course its got nothing to do with the attitude that they come here with of never accepting the west

and being all offended by boobs and legs and things

and thinking its ok to mass groom young girls (and yes I know they are not the only ones...but havnt we enough with our own, witout importing a whole culture of it)

and as has been amply shown NOT wanting to integrate but prefering to live in their own little ghettos...

and with reference to the O/P

its idiocy...

there is no proper legal framework to protect the willing mug....

IF ....you invite someone into your home to live.......AND you do not have a proper rental agreement.....you may find you have severe difficulty having them removed if the arrangement doesnt work...simple fact......

you WILL have to make all sorts of inconvenient "arrangements" in order to satisfy their perculiar needs....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:07 am

Yes Alf, no Alf, three bags full Alf.  

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:07 am

we have seen how grateful they are with the images of them destrying food parcels sent by the red cross.....because it had a red cross on it Rolling Eyes

how grateful would they act to a householder who displays a crucifix?? or as I asked earlier a pentagram?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:10 am

sassy wrote:Yes Alf, no Alf, three bags full Alf.  

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

reduced to gibbering brainlessness then ??

dont know much about rental laws do you, let alone about things such as adverse posession and implied rights....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:11 am

The number of Muslims I have known/lived with in my life, and none of that have ever even been mentioned.   You really need to get out more, and maybe a tranquilliser or two - or ten!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:22 am

sassy wrote:The number of Muslims I have known/lived with in my life, and none of that have ever even been mentioned.   You really need to get out more, and maybe a tranquilliser or two - or ten!

and that means jack shit.....

the simple truth is IF you invite someone into your home with the expressed intent to let them live there UNLESS you have a proper rental agreement it is VERY difficult to get em out again no matter what they do/dont do.....

and just becasue you have known a few tame Muslims doesnt change the fact that the vast majority consider household pets and especially dogs as Haram which is gonna create a whole lot of ill feeling.....

"hell NO the dog ISNT going to be banned from this bit and that bit of the house...just becasue YOU dont like it...well thats a good start isnt it??

and THAT is just the beginning.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:24 am

Sorry Vic, but you are so ridiculous and so way off the mark, you just make me laugh.

'Know a few tame Muslims' - that's really funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 20, 2016 12:27 am

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:The number of Muslims I have known/lived with in my life, and none of that have ever even been mentioned.   You really need to get out more, and maybe a tranquilliser or two - or ten!
and that means jack shit.....

the simple truth is IF you invite someone into your home with the expressed intent to let them live there UNLESS you have a proper rental agreement it is VERY difficult to get em out again no matter what they do/dont do.....
and just becasue you have known a few tame Muslims doesnt change the fact that the vast majority consider household pets and especially dogs as Haram which is gonna create a whole lot of ill feeling.....

"hell NO the dog ISNT going to be banned from this bit and that bit of the house...just becasue YOU dont like it...well thats a good start isnt it??
and THAT is just the beginning.....

Then don't offer one a room in your house. Simple really.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:31 am

cass...I have no intention of doing so.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:34 am

and sassy....what is YOUR answer to isis then?? move the entire population of "Muslims at risk" over here ???

what a stunningly bright idea...... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 20, 2016 12:39 am

Lord Foul wrote:cass...I have no intention of doing so.....

Terrific. So maybe stop acting like you are being forced to do so. Thanks.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:40 am

Cut off their money supply, which still isn't being done.   I really can't be bothered to go into the detail, I did it before, if you can't remember, never mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2016 12:41 am

Cass wrote:

Flood control won't allow me to give you a plus, so have a few of these

alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 am

Cass wrote:

well ...not yet anyhow....labour isnt yet in power.....

and since when are YOU arbiter and sanitiser of what opinion is acceptable????? Twisted Evil

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 20, 2016 1:03 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Cass wrote:

and since when are YOU arbiter and sanitiser of what opinion is acceptable????? Twisted Evil

I'm not an arbitrator on anything, except on libraries, but at least I don't whine and whinge on and on ad nauseum or flounce off and start my own forum cause I'm acting like a spoiled brat that needs a good spanking...oh wait.... Twisted Evil

Interesting. I just watched BBC America on honoring Sir Nicholas Winton. What if he and Raoul Wallenberg and others decided to say tough luck, you're on your own to all the Jewish refugees back in the 30s?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 1:13 am

ahhh the old lets compare todays Muslim refugees with the jews of europe in the 30's

except.....

those refugees didnt destroy food parcels becasue they had a red cross on them

they didnt congregate in large numbers and molest girls on new years eve

they didnt have an ideology that is utterly incompatible with western values

etc etc

in short the two are totally different....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri May 20, 2016 1:22 am

Cass wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
Cass wrote:

I'm not an arbitrator on anything, except on libraries, but at least I don't whine and whinge on and on ad nauseum or flounce off and start my own forum cause I'm acting like a spoiled brat that needs a good spanking...oh wait.... Twisted Evil

Interesting. I just watched BBC America on honoring Sir Nicholas Winton. What if he and Raoul Wallenberg and others decided to say tough luck, you're on your own to all the Jewish refugees back in the 30s?

ad hominem???...from the great and good cass?? you surprise me...not.....what happened...you run out of something intelligent to say so had to make some irrelevant point about the poster rather than address the posts?.... More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 20, 2016 1:49 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Cass wrote:

ad hominem???...from the great and good cass?? you surprise me...not.....what happened...you run out of something intelligent to say so had to make some irrelevant point about the poster rather than address the posts?.... More than three quarters of Brits would accept refugees into their neighbourhood or home - Page 2 2190311264

No I addressed your post by referencing what if these men had your ( and others) attitude.

And you went after me first sooooooo...

I love ya Vic and would so like to meet you for real and knock back a few pints (and be on a pub quiz team cause I think we would kick ass), but it gets weary seeing the same old same old. Exactly how have these blasted damnable foreigners affected your life in a negative way. You personally not in a general sense. Its so similar to the "We're all doomed" chicken little sketch. According to you, the worlds been going to hell in a handbag since time began but you're still here yes? You've still had a good successful life yes?

Anyhoos I'm off. Just had a swim. I'm swanning it on TAXPAYERS MONEY in a hotel for training at my state library and I need to get dressed as senior junior and his fiancee are meeting me for dinner at a place called The Arrogant Butcher which makes me think of you (big grin). I will raise a glass or three for ya.

Night xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 20, 2016 5:00 am

sassy wrote:
Cass wrote:

Flood control won't allow me to give you a plus, so have a few of these

alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien alien

I did it for you; only on the previous cass post. I get so tired of these complainers, who have nothing at stake but just want to live the script.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 20, 2016 7:28 am

Lord Foul wrote:ahhh the old lets compare todays Muslim refugees with the jews of europe in the 30's

except.....

those refugees didnt destroy food parcels becasue they had a red cross on them

they didnt congregate in large numbers and molest girls on new years eve

they didnt have an ideology that is utterly incompatible with western values

etc etc

in short the two are totally different....

ACTUALLY that is exactly what the Racist newspapers sold about European refugees after ww2, particularly Mediterranean...
Was most of it true or representative of a significant number? NO IT WASN'T but cowardly old racists still shook in the piss filled boots about the dreadful wogs that were complete incompatible with our way of life.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 20, 2016 7:33 am

I'm afraid I couldn't possibly comment on sexual issues in this particular context. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 20, 2016 7:37 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

after all the mexicans dont I presume, consider you "gringo's" as sons of satan, or consider you eat the devils food (mind you I DO....both of you....you eat chilli's ....aggghhhhh!!!!)...do they???

What question? I made a comment about pool halls, and one about junk in spare bedrooms, but I don't think I asked a question.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 20, 2016 7:42 am

Anyway, if British people really are inviting refugees into their homes, I think that's great - at least they won't be moving in social housing which is needed by British people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 20, 2016 7:52 pm

sassy wrote:Frankly Vic, you and Tommy and Stormee etc are doing the work ISIS wants you to do.

False logic and bullshit...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

False logic and bullshit...

The Islamophobia is racist, of course, but it also plays right into the hands of ISIS, as does the war fever. The terror group has been quite clear that its strategy is to eliminate what it calls the “grayzone” where Muslims and non-Muslims live in harmony. It aims to provoke Western governments into clamping down on their own Muslim populations, the better to drive them into ISIS’s arms. In its magazine Dabiq, ISIS applauded George W. Bush’s post-9/11 language: “Bush spoke the truth when he said, ‘Either you are with us or you are with the terrorists.’ I.e. either you are with the crusade or you are with Islam.” Les extrêmes se touchent.

http://www.thenation.com/article/assault-on-life/

Really. It's perfectly logical and quite true -- ISIS, believe it or not, Tommy -- wants you to hate Muslims and wants you to express it far and wide. They collect anti-Muslim content from the internet and use it to convince Muslims that we hate them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Islam hates anything and everything that is not islam.

Muslims follow islam...

Therefore Muslims hate anything and everything that is not islam.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Islam hates anything and everything that is not islam.

Muslims follow islam...

Therefore Muslims hate anything and everything that is not islam.

You have a simpleton's grasp of reality ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next