NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

+5
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
eddie
nicko
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU - Page 2 Empty Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Boris Johnson faced embarrassment on Friday as Barack Obama coolly dismissed the Mayor of London’s suggestion that the “part-Kenyan” US president holds an “ancestral dislike” of Britain and its former empire. Standing alongside David Cameron, as he delivered a ringing endorsement of Britain remaining in the European Union, Mr Obama directly addressed Mr Johnson’s claim, in a newspaper article, that he may have removed a bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office because of a grudge against Britain, expressing his “love” for the wartime leader and revealing saying that a bust of Churchill was situated outside his private office.

Mr Johnson’s comments attracted a hail of criticism, with senior Labour figures accusing the figurehead of the Brexit campaign of “dog whistle racism” and a return to the language of the “nasty party”. But the row was overshadowed by a stark warning from the US president that Britain’s role in the world could be diminished by leaving the EU, and that it would have to wait many years for its own trade deal with the United States.
"The United States wants a strong United Kingdom as a partner and the United Kingdom is at its best when it is helping to lead a strong Europe," he said. "It leverages UK power to be part of the European Union. I don't believe the EU moderates British influence in the world, it magnifies it."

Speaking after meeting the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle, he said that while said nothing could affect the “emotional, cultural and intellectual affinities” between Britain and the US, Brexit would have a dramatic impact on the trade relationship between the two countries.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/barack-obama-says-britain-would-go-to-back-of-the-queue-for-us-trade-deals-if-it-leaves-europe-a6997201.html

Back to top Go down

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU - Page 2 Empty Re: Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

Post by Syl Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:10 pm

I was undecided till President Obama made his speech...it's really helped me to make my mind up.

To be told by the USA head that Britain should stay in an agreement where other people tell us what to do and how to live, which we have put up with for decades....when he comes from a country which makes it's OWN rules and laws to suit ITSELF....is a bit of a joke.
To be encouraged to keep our borders open, when it's obvious the open border free movement agreement is not played out on an even playing field....maybe he should operate a free movement for Mexicans to enter the US!!.

Its another case of do as I say not as I do....with the not so veiled threats of the US making sure we will be at the back of the queue with trading deals if we leave thrown in.

So...thanks for making my mind up on which way I vote.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU - Page 2 Empty Re: Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:20 pm

Nice one Syl!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:30 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Eddie... do you want open door immigration to 500 million foreign people to be able to come and stay as long as they want and use our schools and hospitals and other public services etc or not?

Do you want us to be in control of our country and laws through demicracy of our elected govt in our parliament or not?

Do you want to carry on paying £350 million a week into the eu or not?

No. I don't.

Well getting out of the EU is the only way to change it...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:52 pm

Syl wrote:I was undecided till President Obama made his speech...it's really helped me to make my mind up.

To be told by the USA head that Britain should stay in an agreement where other people tell us what to do and how to live, which we have put up with for decades....when he comes from a country which makes it's OWN rules and laws to suit ITSELF....is a bit of a joke.
To be encouraged to keep our borders open, when it's obvious the open border free movement  agreement is not played out on an even playing field....maybe he should operate a free movement for Mexicans to enter the US!!.

Its another case of do as I say not as I do....with the not so veiled threats of the US making sure we will be at the back of the queue with trading deals if we leave thrown in.

Here in the UK we are supposed to have a democracy where we tell the politicians what to do... not the other way round... and certainly not for foreign politicians to tell us what to do!@!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:30 pm

didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

As you say, we're already trading with China.   If we can do that, we can do it with other countries.  There's not a cat in hell's chance that any country will cease trade with us when we import more than we export.  

We are trading with china as an EU nation, if we left we would then have to create a new deal with china, which could be far less lucrative

Less cheap shoddy shite suits me just fine. I'd rather pay more for goods and have our own industry back in this country.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:31 pm

didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Nobody seems to be showing much honesty.   Do you suppose that if Britain does leave, it might encourage other countries that are disgruntled with the EU to follow suit?   That this is the real consternation behind our leaving?

I think the reason to leave is poor, as stated already due to the ongoing war we are involved in to then lose this support pool of intelligence would be negligence

The intelligence in the UK is excellent. I think it's worse in other countries to be honest.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Syl wrote:I was undecided till President Obama made his speech...it's really helped me to make my mind up.

To be encouraged to keep our borders open, when it's obvious the open border free movement  agreement is not played out on an even playing field....maybe he should operate a free movement for Mexicans to enter the US!!.

America dragged us into war. They didn't even support us in the second world war initially and they still have us over a barrel with debts accrued from that war. It seems to me that America has always worn the strap on as far as Britain's concerned.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm probably voting out, I'm leaning that way more and more and if I'm honest, the fact that Obama came all the way here to "advise" us, makes me smell a big fucking fat rat.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
didge wrote:

We are trading with china as an EU nation, if we left we would then have to create a new deal with china, which could be far less lucrative

Less cheap shoddy shite suits me just fine.  I'd rather pay more for goods and have our own industry back in this country.

That is easy for you to say, as what about others?
Again you fail to understand that it will always boil down to what people will have in their pocket and the risks around leaving will be too great for many people. There will be many who will say they will vote to leave and wont

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
didge wrote:

I think the reason to leave is poor, as stated already due to the ongoing war we are involved in to then lose this support pool of intelligence would be negligence

The intelligence in the UK is excellent.   I think it's worse in other countries to be honest.

It is brilliant, but do you think it works solely on its own?
It does not and is reliant on information throughout the EU

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2