NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

+5
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
eddie
nicko
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU Empty Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:17 am

Boris Johnson faced embarrassment on Friday as Barack Obama coolly dismissed the Mayor of London’s suggestion that the “part-Kenyan” US president holds an “ancestral dislike” of Britain and its former empire. Standing alongside David Cameron, as he delivered a ringing endorsement of Britain remaining in the European Union, Mr Obama directly addressed Mr Johnson’s claim, in a newspaper article, that he may have removed a bust of Winston Churchill from the Oval Office because of a grudge against Britain, expressing his “love” for the wartime leader and revealing saying that a bust of Churchill was situated outside his private office.

Mr Johnson’s comments attracted a hail of criticism, with senior Labour figures accusing the figurehead of the Brexit campaign of “dog whistle racism” and a return to the language of the “nasty party”. But the row was overshadowed by a stark warning from the US president that Britain’s role in the world could be diminished by leaving the EU, and that it would have to wait many years for its own trade deal with the United States.
"The United States wants a strong United Kingdom as a partner and the United Kingdom is at its best when it is helping to lead a strong Europe," he said. "It leverages UK power to be part of the European Union. I don't believe the EU moderates British influence in the world, it magnifies it."

Speaking after meeting the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at Windsor Castle, he said that while said nothing could affect the “emotional, cultural and intellectual affinities” between Britain and the US, Brexit would have a dramatic impact on the trade relationship between the two countries.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/barack-obama-says-britain-would-go-to-back-of-the-queue-for-us-trade-deals-if-it-leaves-europe-a6997201.html

Back to top Go down

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU Empty Re: Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

Post by nicko Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:21 am

Listening to people in the newsagents this morning the talk was,What the fcuk has it got to do with him.Keep his nose out of our affairs. Would he let Cameron go on American tv and tell them how to vote? Seems like his speech has backfired on him.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU Empty Re: Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:26 am

nicko wrote:Listening to people in the newsagents this morning the talk was,What the fcuk has it got to do with him.Keep his nose out of our affairs. Would he let Cameron go on American tv and tell them how to vote?  Seems like his speech has backfired on him.

Morning Nicko

I understand where you are coming from, but this will no doubt scare people into staying

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:08 am

I actually am not a massive fan of Obama - from what I've seen. He's too slick and too nicey-nice.

What has it got to do with him really? He doesn't live here and if anyone thinks he has the UK's best interest at heart....pffffffff

He's a little dangly puppet sent forth to do the work he's been told to do.

He should remain impartial

Perhaps I'll go over to the US and start spouting off about what I think people should do in a country I know nothing about and don't live in.

Pisses me off.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:18 am

Trade with America would be jeopardized? OK, let's fuck you all off and go trade with China instead, at least they're not a nation of fat fucks.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:29 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Trade with America would be jeopardized?  OK, let's fuck you all off and go trade with China instead, at least they're not a nation of fat fucks.

We already trade with China

Its about setting up new trades with everyone, where its going to be difficult

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:32 am

It's about America sticking it's nose in as usual, for their own benefit.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:33 am

eddie wrote:It's about America sticking it's nose in as usual, for their own benefit.

I had feeling this will happen and like any vote, it always comes down to what people will have in their pockets that counts

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:36 am

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:It's about America sticking it's nose in as usual, for their own benefit.

I had feeling this will happen and like any vote, it always comes down to what people will have in their pockets that counts

You're probably right there.

I think Obama should just stay the hell out of it.
It's obvious he was sent here to do someone's work....when you have a world leader "advising" another country to do something, I smell manipulation.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:38 am

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

You're probably right there.

I think Obama should just stay the hell out of it.
It's obvious he was sent here to do someone's work....when you have a world leader "advising" another country to do something, I smell manipulation.

Eddie, if its in his interest for the UK to remain within the EU of course he is going to stand right behind Cameron on this and speak out.
It was inevitable.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:07 pm

Well I hope people still vote with their intelligence and Obama should butt out.
I'd say the same thing if Cameron was over there preaching about the US business.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:13 pm

eddie wrote:Well I hope people still vote with their intelligence and Obama should butt out.
I'd say the same thing if Cameron was over there preaching about the US business.

But the point is, what if Obama keeps his word Eddie and a new deal with US to have trade is then going to have the UK far worse off?
This is the power and influence leaders are going to have in this referendum and you will see more come into play the nearer it comes to voting
To me its a foregone conclusion people will end up voting to stay as they will have allowed fear to sway their vote.
That should never have been used or needed mind, as I think it is in our best interest to remain.
However, I could very well end up being wrong as it could turn the Uk very angry over others trying to force their hand and then end up voting against just to spite these nations.
You know, true British grit as they say

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Well I know most people think he should fuck off.

They don't have to be involved in everything.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:28 pm

Some people falsely claim he is racist.
I think those people are idiots, who can only attempt to deligitmize
Let his words speak for themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Trade with America would be jeopardized?  OK, let's fuck you all off and go trade with China instead, at least they're not a nation of fat fucks.

Well, THAT escalated quickly.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:35 pm

how about "f**k off....we'll go trade with russia?

and just to please quill....you can take all your military flotsam and jetsam home with you on the way out?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:37 pm

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:45 pm

didge wrote:

We already trade with China

Its about setting up new trades with everyone, where its going to be difficult

It's all messed up if you ask me. I am completely confused by it all. I used to think it would be better to keep away from the EU. Now I am clueless what is best for UK. scratch
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:13 pm

We don't need to be in eu to trade with anyone...

We have a seat at the World Trade Organisation and should start using it again!!!

Also... we don't need a trade deal to trade with anyone either!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:We don't need to be in eu to trade with anyone...

We have a seat at the World Trade Organisation and should start using it again!!!

Thanks Tommy.
My concern is being pulled into an almighty war should we be in the EU.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:23 pm

The Uk will still need and require to make trade deals which will be dependent on those who we trade with of which half of is with the EU

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:42 pm

captainJane wrote:

Thanks Tommy.
My concern is being pulled into an almighty war should we be in the EU.

Can you elaborate...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:49 pm

didge wrote:

The Uk will still need and require to make trade deals which will be dependent on those who we trade with of which half of is with the EU

No we don't!

No it won't!

And no it is not!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
didge wrote:

No we don't!

No it won't!

And no it is not!

Yes the Uk will have to make trade deals if it leaves the EU

That is a fact

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:20 am

Wrong!

Don't have to make any trade deals as we are already able to trade through existing WTO rules!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Wrong!

Don't have to make any trade deals as we are already able to trade through existing WTO rules!!!

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Again the Uk will have up to two years to make new trade deals

I suggest you stop spouting gibberish

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:59 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Well, THAT escalated quickly.

lol! lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 am

didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Wrong!

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Up to two years to finalise exit plans from eu... but if we are not getting suitable arrangements then we cam simply repeal the 1972 European Communities Act.

We don't need trade deals to trade with eu or anyone else as we already have the WTO which we also have a seat at the head of the organisation.

And the eu sell us much more than we sell them... so it is in their interests to keep selling us stuff... and they are bound by their own eu laws to allow trade!!!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:10 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
didge wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Up to two years to finalise exit plans from eu... but if we are not getting suitable arrangements then we cam simply repeal the 1972 European Communities Act.

We don't need trade deals to trade with eu or anyone else as we already have the WTO which we also have a seat at the head of the organisation.

The eu sell us much more than we sell them... so it is in their interests to keep selling us stuff... and they are bound by their own eu laws to allow trade!!!

Yes we do need trade deals if we were to leave.
To then claim we can then repeal a European act is comical to say the least when there is no plan in motion to do so
You can keep denying this all you like, but the fact of the matter is, we will have to create new ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 am

Complete bullshit!

We don't need trade deals to trade.

Article 50 of the eu rules will be invoked meaning we have up to two years to sort out our arrangements... during which time not a lot changes at all!!!

Then if satisfactory arrangements have not been made... all eu rules cease to exist here and we just go back to WTO rules of trade.

As the eu sells us much more than we sell them, it is in their interests to continue to do so.

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:22 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Complete bullshit!

Its not bullshit, its facts

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:25 am

It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about here dodge!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It's obvious you don't know what you're talking about here dodge!!!

Really, is that why Obama said what he said, because we will not have make any trade deals with the US?

Well this has put paid to any vote to leave the EU 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:35 am

We don't need trade deals to trade... we already have trade with the US!!!

Or hadn't you noticed any American businesses or products here in uk...!?

lol!

The EU: Myths and Truths
Without any coherent arguments about why Britain should remain in the EU, Europhiles resort to constant scaremongering.

GET BRITAIN OUT sets the record straight on what would happen if Britain gets out the EU:

MYTH 1: Brexit would damage trade with our European neighbours.

Europhiles claim leaving the EU would sour diplomatic and trade relations with other Member States, making it harder for Britain to trade within the Single Market.

TRUTH: British Businesses do not need the EU to trade

In addition to the lucrative trade and investment deals with the rest of the world, Britain imports more from the EU than it exports to the EU.

This means we are the EU’s biggest customer – larger than China and the US – and no business – let alone the EU – would want to cut off ties with such a valuable customer as Britain. Can you imagine France wanting to damage sales of French cheeses, wines and champagne to Britain; Germany damaging sales of BMW and Mercedes cars to Britain? No! Trade will carry on as normal, without the political interference we currently suffer from Brussels.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:38 am

Myths, lol where did you get that tommy that has no link?

Doh

https://next.ft.com/content/8b5907c4-0797-11e6-a70d-4e39ac32c284

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:42 am

We don't need trade deals to trade as we already have the world trade organisation and trade rules in place!!!

And we certainly don't need trade deals that undermine our govt or national sovereignty or open up our borders to open door to 500 million people!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:43 am

Yes we do need trade deals as seen by the experts on the link who actually provide ways how it could be done if we left.
Now if all you have to say is the same nonsense over and over again.
I shall leaving you flapping like a fish out of water

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:45 am

Didge are you in favour of staying in then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:46 am

We don't need trade deals because we already have the WTO agreements in place!!!

What bit of this don't you understand!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:47 am

eddie wrote:Didge are you in favour of staying in then?

Yes I am in favour of staying in
Considering we are at war with Islamic extremism, its a no brainer to then lose the pool of support we have in tackling being a part of the EU.
Whilst this conflict is ongoing, we would be stupid to leave. That is my biggest reason for staying, but its also economically better for us to remain.
Like I say there is no real plans or contingencies for leaving, which leaves that as a very grey area.
Which to me the people should at least be shown all the options.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:48 am

I'm still undecided
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:49 am

eddie wrote:I'm still undecided

Which is why I think its only fair, that everything is put before the people.
There has been too much from both sides based on scaremongering and not enough actual talk of what the proposal to do is by both camps

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:59 am

The eu is the problem... not the solution.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:28 am

Eddie... do you want open door immigration to 500 million foreign people to be able to come and stay as long as they want and use our schools and hospitals and other public services etc or not?

Do you want us to be in control of our country and laws through demicracy of our elected govt in our parliament or not?

Do you want to carry on paying £350 million a week into the eu or not?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:13 pm

didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Complete bullshit!

As you say, we're already trading with China. If we can do that, we can do it with other countries. There's not a cat in hell's chance that any country will cease trade with us when we import more than we export.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:15 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I'm still undecided

There has been too much from both sides based on scaremongering and not enough actual talk of what the proposal to do is by both camps

Nobody seems to be showing much honesty. Do you suppose that if Britain does leave, it might encourage other countries that are disgruntled with the EU to follow suit? That this is the real consternation behind our leaving?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

The eu is the problem... not the solution.

It's always been a problem. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be contemplating leaving.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:20 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
didge wrote:

As you say, we're already trading with China.   If we can do that, we can do it with other countries.  There's not a cat in hell's chance that any country will cease trade with us when we import more than we export.  

We are trading with china as an EU nation, if we left we would then have to create a new deal with china, which could be far less lucrative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:22 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
didge wrote:

Nobody seems to be showing much honesty.   Do you suppose that if Britain does leave, it might encourage other countries that are disgruntled with the EU to follow suit?   That this is the real consternation behind our leaving?

I think the reason to leave is poor, as stated already due to the ongoing war we are involved in to then lose this support pool of intelligence would be negligence

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Eddie... do you want open door immigration to 500 million foreign people to be able to come and stay as long as they want and use our schools and hospitals and other public services etc or not?

Do you want us to be in control of our country and laws through demicracy of our elected govt in our parliament or not?

Do you want to carry on paying £350 million a week into the eu or not?

No. I don't.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next