NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

+2
Victorismyhero
eddie
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 Empty Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Sabrina Tavernise, writing for the New York Times, shines a spotlight on the veryPaltrowy practice of juice cleansing.
One of her interviewees is Dr. James H. Grendell, the chief of the division of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, New York. When he has a patient who’s been detoxing, he asks a very simple question.

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 13902801654_55a3ac5fdd_z

[W]hen I ask them what they are trying to get rid of, they aren’t really sure,” said Dr. James H. Grendell, the chief of the division of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, N.Y. “I’ve yet to find someone who has specified a toxin they were hoping to be spared.”
Other medical professional also ask pointed questions that cast doubt on the claims of cleansers and detoxers.
Dr. Antoinette Saddler, a gastroenterologist at the George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, agreed to read through one of many blog posts available online about cleansing. She said she was perplexed from the beginning.
A juice diet rests the stomach, [a post] claimed. “Why does the stomach need resting?” she asked.
She read further. Juices require less of the stomach’s digestive processing, it said. “Who said that was beneficial?” she said.
And then she got to the inevitable detox claim: Juicing “allows the body to have more of the resources it needs to support the phases of detoxification, and even to begin to help remove the cumulative toxins stored in the body.” “What does that even mean?” [Saddler] said. Exasperated, she stopped reading.

Still on the fence about whether a so-called detox is worth it? Writer Tara Fuller says she’s done pretty much every cleanse under the sun, with few positive results and many negative ones. Among her findings:

[*]Your body needs protein and fiber, which are largely removed from fruits in the process of juicing.

[*]On that note, eating fruit is considerably better for you than drinking it.

[*]Cleansing makes you weak and hangry.

If the goal is to live healthy and lose weight, let me do my best Johnny Cochran impersonation and say, Dispense with the cleanse. Or, Don’t do the woo.
Instead, use less sugar, eat more fruits and grains, drink more water, get some exercise, and try to get eight hours of sleep a day. And rest assured that unless you abuse alcohol or drugs, your kidneys and liver will do all the detoxing and purifying your body needs — and they’re free!
In the words of Tavernise:
To say that drinking juice detoxifies the body isn’t quite the same as claiming leeches suck out poisons, but it’s fairly close.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/04/21/heres-an-excellent-question-to-ask-people-who-are-cleansing-or-detoxing/

Back to top Go down

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 Empty Re: Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:47 pm

It's okay Didge. We forgive you for lying.

Go eat your stodge, Dodge. Shall we call you podge? lol!

Bye Didge. Don't skip your dinner tonight as drinking on an empty stomach is not a good idea.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 Empty Re: Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:50 pm

eddie wrote:It's okay Didge. We forgive you for lying.

Go eat your stodge, Dodge. Shall we call you podge? lol!

Bye Didge. Don't skip your dinner tonight as drinking on an empty stomach is not a good idea.

Never laughed at such childish antics by two grown women

Again, if you do not want to believe me, my life is not going to be effected by some quackadoodle not believing me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:54 pm

I know I've been laughing too! Isn't is fun on a thread with a quackadoodle?!!

You've never laughed so much and got such good advice! cheers I actually fucking rock!!!

I'm glad I helped you look at your diet and lifestyle a little differently....
You're welcome.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:55 pm

eddie wrote:I know I've been laughing too! Isn't is fun on a thread with a quackadoodle?!!

You've never laughed so much and got such good advice! cheers I actually fucking rock!!!

I'm glad I helped you look at your diet and lifestyle a little differently....
You're welcome.

See delusional

I rest my case

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:57 pm

didge wrote:
sassy wrote:You wouldn't use 1 cup to spinch, you would use a whole packet.

Here is what a ‘healthy’ green smoothie might contain:

1 cup spinach, fresh
¼ cup water
¼ cup orange juice
¾ cups strawberries
½ cup blueberries
1 banana

In which case sloberchops, with the percentage of the spinach changed, everything she said about the smoothie is wrong, as it's based on that recipe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:58 pm

sassy wrote:
didge wrote:

Here is what a ‘healthy’ green smoothie might contain:

1 cup spinach, fresh
¼ cup water
¼ cup orange juice
¾ cups strawberries
½ cup blueberries
1 banana

In which case sloberchops, with the percentage of the spinach changed, everything she said about the smoothie is wrong, as it's based on that recipe.

He said.
How can something be wrong when the contents used is not set by any standard?

PMSL

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:59 pm

Who puts orange juice in a smoothie anyway? It's full of sugar.

The author of the article is an idiot, which is why I know Didge doesn't know his stuff and he doesn't eat what he says he does - he'd have jumped all over that recipe if he ate healthily.

He wanted to have a dig, he dug, he lost and buried himself in his own lack of knowledge.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:01 pm

eddie wrote:Who puts orange juice in a smoothie anyway? It's full of sugar.

The author of the article is an idiot, which is why I know Didge doesn't know his stuff and he doesn't eat what he says he does - he'd have jumped all over that recipe if he ate healthily.

He wanted to have a dig, he dug, he lost and buried himself in his own lack of knowledge.

Which shows you did not read what was being said

He was giving an example of what people generally put in one

Not that he advises to do so, showing again you just jump in blind every time

Thank you

I am sure he earned his qualifications

Where you send off for one that you pay £5 over the net to claim you are an expert does not count

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:01 pm

But doge wouldn't know that lol

Plus it has too strong a taste and the acidity would overpower everything, sure as hell wouldn't work with spinach lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

sassy wrote:

Plus it has too strong a taste and the acidity would overpower everything, sure as hell wouldn't work with spinach lol

Exactly. I use carrots for sweetness and frozen berries.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

So the pair of them go off their own subjective view to use and base this as s standard

You cannot make it up how funny that is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:04 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:

Exactly. I use carrots for sweetness and frozen berries.

And me, though I like to vary it with mango and I love the half advocado in it, gives you the good fat and makes it creamy.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Love avocados. I like them in salads with boiled eggs and olives. Used to put a bit of bacon in when I ate it, so have now substituted bacon for olives.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Egg yolks and whole eggs store significant amounts of protein and choline,[2][3] and are widely used in cookery. Due to their protein content, the United States Department of Agriculture categorizes eggs as Meats within the Food Guide Pyramid.[2] Despite the nutritional value of eggs, there are some potential health issues arising from egg quality, storage, and individual allergies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_(food)

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:08 pm

eddie wrote:Love avocados. I like them in salads with boiled eggs and olives. Used to put a bit of bacon in when I ate it, so have now substituted bacon for olives.

Think you mean substituted olives for bacon lol.

I'm a big advocado fan, but, as they say, can't eat a whole one, which is why I keep a packet of the frozen halves.  They are really good.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:11 pm

didge wrote:Egg yolks and whole eggs store significant amounts of protein and choline,[2][3] and are widely used in cookery. Due to their protein content, the United States Department of Agriculture categorizes eggs as Meats within the Food Guide Pyramid.[2] Despite the nutritional value of eggs, there are some potential health issues arising from egg quality, storage, and individual allergies.

cheers

Do I need to tell you that there are hundreds of articles that say otherwise Didge?

I take it you don't eat eggs then?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 pm

eddie wrote:

scratch

WHERE DID YOU get your Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from, eddie ?

THE Pond Institute ?

YOU'RE THE ONE spouting crap on all matters nutrition and health on this forum, eddie -- not Didge !

IF YOU'RE determined to try and attack and embarass other people on here, at least pick a subject that you know something about..    

P.S.   Exactly where did that article's author lie ?

lol!

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Didge you are so desperate to make me wrong about something today.
I actually feel flattered.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:14 pm

eddie wrote:Didge you are so desperate to make me wrong about something today.

I am just pointing out the irony over you eating eggs and claiming to not eat meat, as what do you think eggs are?

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:14 pm

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:Egg yolks and whole eggs store significant amounts of protein and choline,[2][3] and are widely used in cookery. Due to their protein content, the United States Department of Agriculture categorizes eggs as Meats within the Food Guide Pyramid.[2] Despite the nutritional value of eggs, there are some potential health issues arising from egg quality, storage, and individual allergies.

cheers

Do I need to tell you that there are hundreds of articles that say otherwise Didge?

I take it you don't eat eggs then?

I love eggs Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:16 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

scratch

THE Pond Institute ?

YOU'RE THE ONE spouting crap on all matters nutrition and health on this forum, eddie -- not Didge !

IF YOU'RE determined to try and attack and embarass other people on here, at least pick a subject that you know something about..    

lol!

I can still at least give a thanks, so thank you Bee

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:16 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Didge you are so desperate to make me wrong about something today.

I am just pointing out the irony over you eating eggs and claiming to not eat meat, as what do you think eggs are?

Razz

Chickens foetuses Didge.
I don't like the taste of meat Didge but I like the taste of eggs.

I am not getting your point mate
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:18 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

scratch

THE Pond Institute ?

lol!

This is a thread started by Didge.
And what would you know about health wolf? You have as much knowledge as me and your opnion is different to mine.
Not sure what your point is either tbh, apart from the fact you think you know it all I suppose.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:21 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

scratch

THE Pond Institute ?

lol!

This is a thread started by Didge.
And what would you know about health wolf? You have as much knowledge as me and your opnion is different to mine.
Not sure what your point is either tbh, apart from the fact you think you know it all I suppose.

I may clash with Bee, but I know his strong points and what he is well educated in Eddie and would not dare to even challenge him on his strong topics

I guess you are going to find out the hard way as well

Why not point out what you thought was wrong in my article

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Hahahahahahaha

Firstly you don't know wolf - as you keep telling everyone: It's a forum. We don't actually "know" people
Secondly, do you seriously think I will listen to someone else when I can listen to my one body and look at my own body, and know how well I am??

I AM the proof of what I believe.
Can't get much more proof than that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:25 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahahahahaha

Firstly you don't know wolf - as you keep telling everyone: It's a forum. We don't actually "know" people
Secondly, do you seriously think I will listen to someone else when I can listen to my one body and look at my own body, and know how well I am??

I have known him through debating Eddie, far longer than you have going back to when he and I first debated on Sphinx's forum
The fact is science wise, i would not challenge him either, especially around biology

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:31 pm

Wolf knows about agriculture, he knows bugger all about the human body, disease and nutrition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:33 pm

sassy wrote:

Wolf knows about agriculture, he knows bugger all about the human body, disease and nutrition.

Oh this will be fun

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh here we go....so and so is an expert who lives across the world, knows nothing about you but will tell you more about your health and body than you can.

I'm not interested Didge and you've just finished literally agreeing with sassy and I and now wolf has arrived, you'll switch sides again, yes?

Point proven ages ago, not interested tbh
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:53 pm

eddie wrote:Oh here we go....so and so is an expert who lives across the world, knows nothing about you but will tell you more about your health and body than you can.

I'm not interested Didge and you've just finished literally agreeing with sassy and I and now wolf has arrived, you'll switch sides again, yes?

Point proven ages ago, not interested tbh

All I did Eddie was post a thread which you jumped on

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:56 pm

That's what forums are for Didge.
Otherwise all the threads would be empty.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:01 pm

eddie wrote:That's what forums are for Didge.
Otherwise all the threads would be empty.

You misread my sentence and meaning by the context of the words "Jump in"

In other words, you reacted as if it was personal about you, when it never was

Just look how you first replied

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:03 pm

I think he's just realised how obnoxious he has been and is now backtracking like fury lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:04 pm

eddie wrote:Didge are you a bloke who pretends he's happy that he's stodgy and unhealthy?

I bet you are, I really have noticed that you mock health and you know bugger all about the human body and health.

Sorry to be more accurate your second post which followed straight after your first.

Had I made any comment to you Eddie, in the opening post?

No

Had I made any form of comment?

No

But as seen you took it as a personal attack from me.

Again it never was

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:14 pm

sassy wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:

Nope, for people who want to get nutrition down them, things that they wouldn't eat at the same time but blended together as a 'soup' are manageable..  And the chew for the other meals.

ok food for people who are too idle to chew ...AND are "picky"

lol, well if you can eat a whole big bunch of watercress, half a mango,  big piece of raw ginger etc etc at the same time, be my guest.

why the hell...would i WANT to??? Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 2190311264 the diet of a fructicose fruitloop.

I mean...I Have fruit with my breakfast....usually a bit of green stuff on my lunch and my vegies with my dinner...

I eat at least 1 apple a day plus the odd bannana and especially at this time of year loadsa salad stuff....

So as said...WHY???

I'll tell you what it is...its a fad.....like vegeterianism and veganism.....that a few brain dead clebs (especially) have made into a virtual religion.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:

lol, well if you can eat a whole big bunch of watercress, half a mango,  big piece of raw ginger etc etc at the same time, be my guest.

why the hell...would i WANT to??? Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 2190311264 the diet of a fructicose fruitloop.

I mean...I Have fruit with my breakfast....usually a bit of green stuff on my lunch and my vegies with my dinner...

I eat at least 1 apple a day plus the odd bannana and especially at this time of year loadsa salad stuff....

So as said...WHY???

I'll tell you what it is...its a fad.....like vegeterianism and veganism.....that a few brain dead clebs (especially) have made into a virtual religion.....

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 1716015268

That does deserve a bow and agree, it is as dogmatic as if a religion as I stated on the other thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:22 pm

I can't be bothered with all this blending or juicing anyway. It just means having more gadgets in the kitchen. I should think that stressing about what you eat probably undoes all the good anyway. Plus, I'm not that keen on fruit.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:57 pm

People can eat and drink, what they want, how they want.
I will only comment when I see rubbish posted and I can disprove something about health and diet from personal experience which is the best proof for me.

Everybody's body is different and you can think you feel ok and one day, try something else which works better for you, and realise that this is what you should've been doing all along and you'll never know till you try it.

I think meat is not as good for humans as first thought, I've always had my doubts about milk and white sugar has no real health benefits at all.
I can live without meat and milk with no effort and sugar (in the form of chocolate and cake), is my guilty pleasure, which I allow myself because.....you only live once and it tastes better than meat!

End of, really.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Anyway, why do people do this detoxing thing? Because it makes them feel virtuous, that's why. Maybe they've overindulged in too many pies, and they want to make up for that. Maybe they want a new "project" and decide that eating a mega-healthy diet would be interesting. Maybe they try it just to see if they feel any different. If they enjoy it, or if it makes them feel good about themselves, why not?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:

So as said...WHY???

Tell you why Vic, and 'faddiness' and 'celebrities' have nothing to do with it.  I have an under active thyroid, which means I put on weight really easily, and an over active parathyroid, which destroys your bones, and vitamin D levels that are through the floor, even with a double dose of Vitamin D every day they won't go up and they are talking about giving me injections.  That means at the moment I am suffering very bad bone and muscle pain.  Because of it, I need to keep my calcium levels up, but because of the underactive thyroid, can't have lots of milk, cheese etc and have to get the calcium from veg (as well as tinned fish) and frankly a few bits of lettuce and some broccoli with my dinner doesn't cut it.  In order to get a large amount of greenery down me I find a smoothie is the easiest way to do it.   The specialist has advised that I aim for approx 2000 mg a day (the amount recommended normally at my age is about 1200 mg).   Now, when I tell you that 1 cup of cooked broccoli contains less than 200 mg (lettuce has hardly any) and I shouldn't make it up with milk and cheese, you can see the problem.   Even a can of mackrel, sardines etc only contains 300.

So my life is a balancing act of getting enough calcium on the one hand, and keeping the fat, calories down on the other, and smoothies help that.  I can get a lot of calcium in a smoothie.   Advocados help you absorb calcium as well.

And there is another reason - I really like them and they keep me going for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:18 pm

I like having the smoothies becasue I don't like eating when I get up - I don't much like toast, hate most cereal and don't fancy food.
I get up at 7:30 and I don't eat until about 1pm.

At 10am I'll have my smoothie and at about 11:30am I have a big cup of strong coffee with cream.

Lunch about 1 ish
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:22 pm

sassy wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:

So as said...WHY???

Tell you why Vic, and 'faddiness' and 'celebrities' have nothing to do with it.  I have an under active thyroid, which means I put on weight really easily, and an over active parathyroid, which destroys your bones, and vitamin D levels that are through the floor, even with a double dose of Vitamin D every day they won't go up and they are talking about giving me injections.  That means at the moment I am suffering very bad bone and muscle pain.  Because of it, I need to keep my calcium levels up, but because of the underactive thyroid, can't have lots of milk, cheese etc and have to get the calcium from veg (as well as tinned fish) and frankly a few bits of lettuce and some broccoli with my dinner doesn't cut it.  In order to get a large amount of greenery down me I find a smoothie is the easiest way to do it.   The specialist has advised that I aim for approx 2000 mg a day (the amount recommended normally at my age is about 1200 mg).   Now, when I tell you that 1 cup of cooked broccoli contains less than 200 mg (lettuce has hardly any) and I shouldn't make it up with milk and cheese, you can see the problem.   Even a can of mackrel, sardines etc only contains 300.

So my life is a balancing act of getting enough calcium on the one hand, and keeping the fat, calories down on the other, and smoothies help that.  I can get a lot of calcium in a smoothie.   Advocados help you absorb calcium as well.

And there is another reason - I really like them and they keep me going for a long time.

In which case there is a proven MEDICAL NEED...out side of that ...and aside from the odd...cos' I fancy one (like an ice cream) it is pure vanity/ovine mindedness
but like I said ...why would I want to?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:24 pm

and sassy...you could always take to chewing on a lump of best south coast chalk......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Lord Foul wrote:and sassy...you could always take to chewing on a lump of best south coast chalk......

That would be like eating a permanent diet of dry water biscuits, thanks for that lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Another reason that people might do a detox thing is that they're actually trying to cut certain things from their diet to see if something is triggering a reaction - perhaps for IBS, skin conditions like eczema or rosacea, or some types of arthritis, etc. I guess that it might actually be the "healthy" things which are a trigger, so they might want to try different things but keep it simple for a while in order to try to identify the trigger.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:27 pm

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 2190311264

one trys to be "helpful" I call it mineralism....the new diet...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 2 2190311264

one trys to be "helpful"   I call it mineralism....the new diet...

LOL!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:32 pm

I really like them too sassy. I found which foods I hated raw very quickly too: celery and broccoli.
Raw celery is like a poison to me - it actually makes me gag but I love it cooked.

They give me a real energy boost, my skin is pretty blemish and wrinkle free and I feel pretty great.

Like I explained above, I hate breakfast and have no real hunger until about 1pm, so a juice is a great brunch for me.

Ive never needed food for at least 4 - 5 hours after I've got up. Seriously. Even as a child and a teen.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:37 pm

eddie wrote:I really like them too sassy. I found which foods I hated raw very quickly too: celery and broccoli.
Raw celery is like a poison to me - it actually makes me gag but I love it cooked.

They give me a real energy boost, my skin is pretty blemish and wrinkle free and I feel pretty great.

Like I explained above, I hate breakfast and have no real hunger until about 1pm, so a juice is a great brunch for me.

Ive never needed food for at least 4 - 5 hours after I've got up. Seriously. Even as a child and a teen.

To be honest I never feel like eating breakfast and I'm supposed to.  A smoothie means I can drink it while I'm doing other things and a bit at a time.  Given the choice I'd probably have one meal a day, did for a long time, but now it's a case of 'calcium rules' lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:42 pm

I honestly think we as humans, over eat anyway. I don't mean the obvious goodies like biscuits, puddings etc I mean how much we think we need.

I always remember that experiment where they blindfolded people and gave them all a dinner.
Most stopped when they were full and when the blindfolds were removed they were amazed at how much less they'd eaten!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next