NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

+2
Victorismyhero
eddie
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 Empty Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Sabrina Tavernise, writing for the New York Times, shines a spotlight on the veryPaltrowy practice of juice cleansing.
One of her interviewees is Dr. James H. Grendell, the chief of the division of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, New York. When he has a patient who’s been detoxing, he asks a very simple question.

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 13902801654_55a3ac5fdd_z

[W]hen I ask them what they are trying to get rid of, they aren’t really sure,” said Dr. James H. Grendell, the chief of the division of gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, N.Y. “I’ve yet to find someone who has specified a toxin they were hoping to be spared.”
Other medical professional also ask pointed questions that cast doubt on the claims of cleansers and detoxers.
Dr. Antoinette Saddler, a gastroenterologist at the George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences, agreed to read through one of many blog posts available online about cleansing. She said she was perplexed from the beginning.
A juice diet rests the stomach, [a post] claimed. “Why does the stomach need resting?” she asked.
She read further. Juices require less of the stomach’s digestive processing, it said. “Who said that was beneficial?” she said.
And then she got to the inevitable detox claim: Juicing “allows the body to have more of the resources it needs to support the phases of detoxification, and even to begin to help remove the cumulative toxins stored in the body.” “What does that even mean?” [Saddler] said. Exasperated, she stopped reading.

Still on the fence about whether a so-called detox is worth it? Writer Tara Fuller says she’s done pretty much every cleanse under the sun, with few positive results and many negative ones. Among her findings:

[*]Your body needs protein and fiber, which are largely removed from fruits in the process of juicing.

[*]On that note, eating fruit is considerably better for you than drinking it.

[*]Cleansing makes you weak and hangry.

If the goal is to live healthy and lose weight, let me do my best Johnny Cochran impersonation and say, Dispense with the cleanse. Or, Don’t do the woo.
Instead, use less sugar, eat more fruits and grains, drink more water, get some exercise, and try to get eight hours of sleep a day. And rest assured that unless you abuse alcohol or drugs, your kidneys and liver will do all the detoxing and purifying your body needs — and they’re free!
In the words of Tavernise:
To say that drinking juice detoxifies the body isn’t quite the same as claiming leeches suck out poisons, but it’s fairly close.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/04/21/heres-an-excellent-question-to-ask-people-who-are-cleansing-or-detoxing/

Back to top Go down

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 Empty Re: Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:46 pm

eddie wrote:I honestly think we as humans, over eat anyway. I don't mean the obvious goodies like biscuits, puddings etc I mean how much we think we need.

I always remember that experiment where they blindfolded people and gave them all a dinner.
Most stopped when they were full and when the blindfolds were removed they were amazed at how much less they'd eaten!

Have to confess I love to cook and love to eat and it's a permanent battle, but I remember when I was really ill and lived on just plain yoghurt for nearly 5 months because my taste buds were damaged and it was the only thing I could tolerate, I got used to it ate really tiny meals once I started eating again.  I lost a lot of weight while I was living on the yoghurt, but is stablised when I was eating the tiny meals, so really, that's all we actually need.

Back to top Go down

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 Empty Re: Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing”

Post by Cass Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:Nobody "Juices anymore" - tne author is using  very outdated material!!! Shocked

Nutribullets are what people use now - turn every single thing you put in it, to a paste (even nuts) you simply add water/milk/fluid befroe switching on.

You should try it. Do it for even a week (as a breakfast) and see how your skin looks.

My breakfast:
Kale, spinach, carrot, handful berries, raw ginger, dollop of activia yoghurt and water

If anyone ate that off a plate, no one would say they went having a healthy breakfast - but who'd want to eat that first thing?
So you make a smoothie from it.

Nice try though. Sleep

Mine had chard, kale, spinach, carrot, cucumber, avocado, red grapes, blueberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, mandarin orange, strawberries, banana with a squirt of pureed ginger, dash of cinnamon and turmeric and I use water as liquid. I love you
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Turmeric!! Brilliant to put in smoothies!! Why have I been forgetting that lately??'
Thank you Cass! Such a healing spice X
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Dont forget the mushrooms eddie Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Cass you are a genius, I've been forgetting it too, and it very anti inflammatory so it would really help.  Have a jar of it, so going to put it beside the blender, then I won't forget.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Dont forget the mushrooms eddie  Rolling Eyes

Vic.

One NEVER, ever, juices a mushroom! One crunches on it as one looks out of the kitchen window.

Ignoramus. No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:28 pm

you savage affraid
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:you savage affraid

You wait, you'll start forraging on your piece of land and dig up some lovely mushrooms....and you'll be all high and floaty...and at peace with everyone

Hahahahaha anyone fancy seeing Vic on a magic mushroom?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Not home grown or mushrooms but pickled some beets today, yummy. This friday is all good for us here.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:30 pm

ooooh...PICKLED beetroot......yum yum

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:31 pm

I just love pickled beetroot.   Have you tried smoking it first in strips and then pickling it.   Bloody lovely and wakes up any meal.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Smoked beetroot is lovely.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:55 pm

I tried smoking beetroot once

I found out

1 its difficult to make into fine strips when dried
2 if you dont dry it it makes your papers soggy and wont light....
3 it tastes terrible
4 It doesnt have any of the desired effects...

quite boring really......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Oh dear! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I tried smoking beetroot once

I found out

1 its difficult to make into fine strips when dried
2 if you dont dry it it makes your papers soggy and wont light....
3 it tastes terrible
4 It doesnt have any of the desired effects...

quite boring really......

Not as bad as dried basil, which makes you think there's an Italian on fire in the room No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:17 pm

eddie wrote:Turmeric!! Brilliant to put in smoothies!! Why have I been forgetting that lately??'
Thank you Cass! Such a healing spice X

It certainly puts lead in your pencil...

and speaking of beets...i LOVE roasted baby beets.

Cass's TOP TIP of the day - are you tired of scraping and peeling swedes with sore fingers and not a lot to show for it? I have used this now many times and it works brilliantly.

wash them and then put in microwave. Times depending on what you need it for. When it's done, cut off top and scoop out.

6 mins will still be firm to roast in chunks or for soup etc...

15 mins will be soft as an anything and then you can mash it up with s&p and butter on its own or blend with cooked baby carrots and then bake in the over for a wonderful mash.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:21 pm

That's a great idea but I don't own a microwave.

Can you bake it whole, in the oven?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:24 pm

eddie wrote:That's a great idea but I don't own  a microwave.

You know I don't know...have never tried to before, but I don't see why not. I used my magical librarian skills and found a few things that say go ahead and put it in the oven for a couple of hours and proceed as I have written above. It would have to be on fairly low though so it didn't burn.

Anyone else try it?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:30 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:That's a great idea but I don't own  a microwave.

You know I don't know...have never tried to before, but I don't see why not. I used my magical librarian skills and found a few things that say go ahead and put it in the oven for a couple of hours and proceed as I have written above. It would have to be on fairly low though so it didn't burn.

Anyone else try it?

I am definitely going to do that as I love baked veg and I love swede - don't know why I've never considered it before?

Paprika and melted butter and a squish of garlic.....would go lovely with a chilli
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Anyone else try it?

I am definitely going to do that as I love baked veg and I love swede - don't know why I've never considered it before?

Paprika and melted butter and a squish of garlic.....would go lovely with a chilli

I belong to a couple of slow cooker Facebook sites and there is one where I saw a chili with swede in it. Looked lush. A BIG squish of garlic - helps keep the vampires away Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 2668429434
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:54 am

eddie wrote:Hahahahahahaha

Firstly you don't know wolf - as you keep telling everyone: It's a forum. We don't actually "know" people
Secondly, do you seriously think I will listen to someone else when I can listen to my one body and look at my own body, and know how well I am??

I AM the proof of what I believe.
Can't get much more proof than that.

Suspect

YOU REALLY are full of crappola, eddie...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:11 am

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

I am just pointing out the irony over you eating eggs and claiming to not eat meat, as what do you think eggs are?

Razz

Chickens foetuses Didge.

Rolling Eyes

TOTAL RUBBISH, eddie !!!

A CHOOK EGG is the unfertiled ova of a bird..

ONCE AGAIN you prove that you know less than zero about anything whatsover to do with food and nutrition.

A "Foetus" is the unborn young of a mammal that has reached that stage of development where it has formed recognisable internal organs, to at least a rudimentary stage..

THE DEVIOUS AND FALLACIOUS USE of the phrase "Foetus" in relation to unfertilised poultry eggs is simply yet another perfect example of the outright lies that Vegan and PETA propagandists often resort to, playing on the more gullible peoples ignorance and emotions...

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 3922118137
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:30 am

Oh whatever wolf, everyone knows what I meant.

What's the matter? Are you jealous that you can't give up meat and are controlled by your big belly?

What is it with you, always deriding other people's food choices? Who cares what you think really? Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 2190311264

You don't have an interest in this subject you're simply sneering about it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:32 am

eddie wrote:Oh whatever wolf, everyone knows what I meant.

What's the matter? Are you jealous that you can't give up meat and are controlled by your big belly?

What is it with you, always deriding other people's food choices?  Who cares what you think really? Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 2190311264

Why would anyone be jealous?

You really are like a religious zealot on this topic

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:24 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh whatever wolf, everyone knows what I meant.

What is it with you, always deriding other people's food choices?  Who cares what you think really? Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 2190311264

Why would anyone be jealous?

You really are like a religious zealot on this topic

Well, let's turn that sentence on its head:

You and wolf are like atheists on this subject: trying to convince everyone that what they're eating or doing, is wrong.

See both sides Didge. It'll help you think your thoughts through properly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:48 pm

eddie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

YET MORE CONFUSED thinking in your arguments there, eddie !!!

WHAT would I possibly have to be jealous of ?
AND,  what "big belly" would that be ?

I'M neither "sneering about.." nor "deriding other peoples food choices."
WHAT I AM DOING is openly abusing 'Vegans' for their constant evangelical demands on everyone else :
*  Demanding that people stop eating meat
*  Demanding that people stop farming animals, and keeping pets and service animals
*  Demanding that people stop using leather and animal fibres

Vegetarians don't make such demands;
We Omnivores don't make such demands;
Carnivores don't demand that we others should stop eating fruit and vegies !

NOR DO any of these groups demand that I shouldn't be keeping bees, have pets living with me, or ride horses..   ONLY Vegans make such demands on society -- and without even knowing those whom they make such demands of..  

IF ANYONE claims to be "Vegan" and yet doesn't support Vegan tenets and principles, then they are frauds and liars, pure and simple..

INSTEAD of debating a few facts and simple home truths placed in front of you, eddie, all that I see you doing is rehashing and parroting such tired and fallacious old Vegan/PETA slogans like "eggs are chicken foetuses", "meat eaters have rotting meat in their digestive tract.." or "plant based diets provide more energy..".

AND WHY IS IT, that whenever a few simple facts are laid out before them, the usual response from Vegans and their cheer squads is to again claim that everyone else is lying -- and that only a Vegan lifestyle can stop Climate Change and 'save the planet' ???

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 859118666

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Rolling Eyes 

How many more times, Eddie isn't a vegan.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:11 pm

sassy wrote:Rolling Eyes 

Cool

Eddie, Raggamuffin and Horatio Tarr  --  none of them are 'Vegans' themselves, yet the three of them have chosen to defend Vegans against others on here...

WHAT I am doing here and now, is simply responding to points that eddie has made above and earlier..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:05 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
sassy wrote:Rolling Eyes 

Cool

Eddie, Raggamuffin and Horatio Tarr  --  none of them are 'Vegans' themselves, yet the three of them have chosen to defend Vegans against others on here...

WHAT I am doing here and now, is simply responding to points that eddie has made above and earlier..

That's right. I have no idea why you and another one are so aggressive about vegans. Most vegans make their own personal choices, so just leave them alone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Exactly. Let them eat raw broccoli if that's what they want. I simply don't care what other people want to do within the privacy of their own lives.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:33 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

WHAT I AM DOING is openly abusing 'Vegans' for their constant evangelical demands on everyone else :
*  Demanding that people stop farming animals, and keeping pets and service animals

NOR DO any of these groups demand that I shouldn't be keeping bees, have pets living with me, or ride horses..   ONLY Vegans make such demands on society -- and without even knowing those whom they make such demands of..  

IF ANYONE claims to be "Vegan" and yet doesn't support Vegan tenets and principles, then they are frauds and liars, pure and simple..

INSTEAD of debating a few facts and simple home truths placed in front of you, eddie, all that I see you doing is rehashing and parroting such tired and fallacious old Vegan/PETA slogans like "eggs are chicken foetuses", "meat eaters have rotting meat in their digestive tract.." or "plant based diets provide more energy..".

AND WHY IS IT, that whenever a few simple facts are laid out before them, the usual response from Vegans and their cheer squads is to again claim that everyone else is lying -- and that only a Vegan lifestyle can stop Climate Change and 'save the planet' ???

Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 859118666

Great post and some are like religious zealots, trying to force their beliefs onto others regarding what they eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Well actually nobody on here has done that to anyone - we have just responded.

Some people have made threads trying to claim vegans and/or vegetarians are unhealthy - I'd say that they are a bit like religious zealots....trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't eat.

Let's leave people alone with their eating habits eh?
It's not affecting you, is it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:52 pm

eddie wrote:Well actually nobody on here has done that to anyone - we have just responded.

Some people have made threads trying to claim vegans and/or vegetarians are unhealthy - I'd say that they are a bit like religious zealots....trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't eat.

Let's leave people alone with their eating habits eh?
It's not affecting you, is it?  

Actually you have Eddie, by claiming those of us who eat meat are jealous and that we want to be like you.
In fact this whole thread you jumped on for no reason, thinking it was directed at you when it never was.

Just saying

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:54 pm

Hahahahaha I say it cos it's funny, and I don't take half of what goes on here as life-changingly serious Didge.
I don't care what people think about my life or what I think or what I eat, half as much as you seem to.

Relax. Let it go. Don't push the river man..... Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:58 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahahaha I say it cos it's funny, and I don't take half of what goes on here as life-changingly serious Didge.
I don't care what people think about my life or what I think or what I eat, half as much as you seem to.

Relax. Let it go. Don't push the river man..... Cool

That maybe the case Eddie for you, but you do come across as if like a religious zealot on the topic at times.

Again just saying

Maybe you should let it go also

Deal

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 pm

Just dropped in for a cuppa. Smile Eeek, cat fights again. Here’s an Excellent Question to Ask People Who Are “Cleansing” or “Detoxing” - Page 3 1191311443
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:14 pm

didge wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Great post and some are like religious zealots, trying to force their beliefs onto others regarding what they eat.

The anti-veganites are like militant atheists - trying to force vegans to give up their beliefs.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

The anti-veganites are like militant atheists - trying to force vegans to give up their beliefs.

Well I am not anti-veganites, whatever that maybe.

I think the only people have done is shown them up to be complete hypocrites.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:17 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They probably wouldn't care about the views of rabbit-murdering, horse-eating people anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

They probably wouldn't care about the views of rabbit-murdering, horse-eating people anyway.

Well I doubt many of us know of any rabbit-murderers, being as I am not even sure if such a thing exists.
Horse meat is lush, but as you have never tried it, you can never claim to make any view on that then

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:21 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I doubt many of us know of any rabbit-murderers, being as I am not even sure if such a thing exists.
Horse meat is lush, but as you have never tried it, you can never claim to make any view on that then

I didn't say I was going to. I'm merely saying that vegans probably don't care about the arrogant views of horse munchers.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

I didn't say I was going to. I'm merely saying that vegans probably don't care about the arrogant views of horse munchers.

I am sure they care less for those who are vegan

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:25 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I am sure they care less for those who are vegan

Laters

That made no sense whatsoever.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:15 pm

well you see ragga...you have just demonstrated the problem

you (and the vegans to a greater degre) couch your objections in childish but loaded and utterly meaningless terms...

rabbit murderers.... Rolling Eyes

wheras the only tool employed by the defenders of meat munching is ridicule...which is actually richly deserved.....

In every case...from the year dot...it is the VEGANS and their hangers on that have gone on the offence...and often very offensively....

had THEY kept their gobs firmly shut round their vegan brownies (compost) and merely continued as best teir choice allowed  then it is almost certain that no meat muncher would have given a toss....

BUT...and you FORGET this repeatedly...aside from the odd medical case...eating vegan etc is a CHOICE...that the individual makes...

THE fact that it IS a choice does NOT entitle them to make ANY demand OR to demean others who don not so choose....

In reality there is little difference between the vegan and the Muslim or member of any other vocal religion...the only difference being which altar they worship at
and there is NO difference between the extreme vegan and a member of ISIS......  except the extreme vegan is probably too weak to stand up wearing a suicide vest...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Lord Foul wrote:well you see ragga...you have just demonstrated the problem

you (and the vegans to a greater degre) couch your objections in childish but loaded and utterly meaningless terms...

wheras the only tool employed by the defenders of meat munching is ridicule...which is actually richly deserved.....

In every case...from the year dot...it is the VEGANS and their hangers on that have gone on the offence...and often very offensively....

had THEY kept their gobs firmly shut round their vegan brownies (compost) and merely continued as best teir choice allowed  then it is almost certain that no meat muncher would have given a toss....

BUT...and you FORGET this repeatedly...aside from the odd medical case...eating vegan etc is a CHOICE...that the individual makes...

THE fact that it IS a choice does NOT entitle them to make ANY demand OR to demean others who don not so choose....

In reality there is little difference between the vegan and the Muslim...the only difference being which altar they worship at
and there is NO difference between the extreme vegan and a member of ISIS......  except the extreme vegan is probably too weak to stand up wearing a suicide vest...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I see you have a problem with me this evening.

There seems to be an obsession with vegans on this forum, which is odd as there aren't any on here. You're very nasty about vegans and vegetarians, so I don't think you're in a position to point the finger at vegans.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:21 pm

Oh, and eating meat and shooting rabbits is a choice as well, so you're no more entitled to an opinion than vegans.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:well you see ragga...you have just demonstrated the problem

In reality there is little difference between the vegan and the Muslim...the only difference being which altar they worship at

There seems to be an obsession with vegans on this forum, which is odd as there aren't any on here. You're very nasty about vegans and vegetarians, so I don't think you're in a position to point the finger at vegans.

because for ever the vegans have been the ones to be "nasty" first....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:40 pm

We all end up eating, out of pure habit, what we've been given as children.
Vegan and vegetarian children know no different, but the adults that decide to stop eating meat are a mystery to people that still eat meat, perhaps?

I don't know what the fascination is tbh. It's just food and all edible.

What's interesting is I'd imagine that vegetarian-born children almost NEVER eat meat yet a lot of meat-eating children often turn vegetarian when they're older?

Wonder what the stats are on that? Be interested

Last edited by eddie on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh, and eating meat and shooting rabbits is a choice as well, so you're no more entitled to an opinion than vegans.

true...but since the vegan attacks me first in almost every instance.....i'm entitled to bite back...

and for a change us meat munchers have gone on the offensive...and it isnt liked one bit......

see just like the religious zealot the vegan wants to demonise and criticise...without getting it back Rolling Eyes
and when they do get it back thay play the victim card.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

because for ever the vegans have been the ones to be "nasty" first....

Which vegan on here was nasty to you then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next