NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's

+2
nicko
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's Empty Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's

Post by Guest Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:39 am

In what might be the best piece of medical news ever revealed, a new study from Reading University found that drinking three glasses of champagne every day can help to prevent the onset of dementia and Alzheimer's.

Apparently, a compound called phenolics (which is found in the black grapes used to make pinot noir and pinot meunier) is thought to slow memory loss, ward off brain diseases and increase spatial memory. Both of these are used, along with white chardonnay grapes, to make champagne.

Professor Jeremy Spencer, one of the academics who carried out the experiment involving rats at Reading University, said "the results were dramatic".

"This research is exciting because it illustrates for the first time that moderate consumption of champagne has the potential to influence cognitive functioning such as memory."

Those who conducted the study now hope to move on to trials involving pensioners. Meanwhile a spokesman for the Alzheimer's Society described the results as "interesting," but added "a lot more research is needed."

Earlier research from the university also found that two glasses of champagne daily could improve heart health, circulation, and “reduce the risks of suffering from cardiovascular disease and stroke.”

http://www.thecoast.net.nz/shows/nights-with-rick-morin/drinking-champagne-every-day-could-help-prevent-dementia-and-alzheimers/#.Vq5xjgeqiVQ.facebook

Now all I need is someone with the money to keep me in champagne lol

Back to top Go down

Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's Empty Re: Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's

Post by eddie Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:08 pm

That's not a bad diet to have is it? lol!

But we all know that in two years time, other scientists will tell us that "champagne causes dementia" Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's Empty Re: Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's

Post by nicko Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:41 pm

A few pints of genuine "Scrumpy" from Stratford-Upon-Avon and you will forget the woes of the world.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 am

drunken
Never mind that other wines, plain grape juice, and even a bunch of grapes themselves,  ALL contain those very same 'phenolics' and anti-oxidants as champagne does...

(Talking of 'anti-oxidants', besides wine and grape juice - tea, coffee, certain other fruit juices, ciders and beer all contain both various anti-oxidants and other healthy compounds..).

Not hard to guess who paid for that research, is it !       Razz

I'D rather have a bottle in front of me,
Than a frontal lobotomy.

Drinking Champagne Every Day Could Help Prevent Dementia And Alzheimer's 2086560741

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:28 am

If I drank three glasses of champagne a day, I'd be permanently drunk. I'm sure some people on here think I'm that way already though. Laughing

I can't really get on with wine. I used to like red wine, but then something happened and I developed some kind of problem with it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:13 am

Stormee wrote:I do not like any Champagne, I see it as snobby, overrated.

Yes, it's more of a celebration drink, whether you like it or not really. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If I drank three glasses of champagne a day, I'd be permanently drunk. I'm sure some people on here think I'm that way already though. Laughing

I can't really get on with wine. I used to like red wine, but then something happened and I developed some kind of problem with it.

I know so many women, that once they hit their thirties, simply cannot physically tolerate wine anymore.
It happened to me too, though I do have the occasional glass.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:35 am

FINALLY some science food/drink scare I can get behind....hallebloodyluheh
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:25 am

Cass wrote:FINALLY some science food/drink scare I can get behind....hallebloodyluheh

I'll drink to that! cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:FINALLY some science food/drink scare I can get behind....hallebloodyluheh

Preach it sister. I got a few bottles of bubbles last month and I finally found a really good wine place that has my current favorite prosecco and a lovely white called Candida Fontina and a fabulous cassis. A few Kir Royales are in order because science! !!!
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:

Preach it sister. I got a few bottles of bubbles last month and I finally found a really good wine place that has my current favorite prosecco and a lovely white called Candida Fontina and a fabulous cassis. A few Kir Royales are in order because science! !!!

Yes I'm going to drink all champagne in the name of science
Got to do my bit
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yes I'm going to drink all champagne in the name of science
Got to do my bit

Absolutely. Its because we care so much.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yes I'm going  to drink all champagne in the name of science
Got to do my bit

I care ALOT cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:28 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes I'm going  to drink all champagne in the name of science
Got to do my bit

Razz

LESS dementia in your respective dotages;

BUT more risk of cirrhosis of the liver, stomach cancer, brain shrinkage and cancer of the tongue...

WHAT you gain on the roundabout, you lose on the 'swings..

fiesta
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:11 pm

I never liked the swings anyway Bee Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:42 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cass wrote:

Razz

LESS dementia in your respective dotages;

BUT more risk of cirrhosis of the liver, stomach cancer, brain shrinkage and cancer of the tongue...

WHAT you gain on the roundabout, you lose on the 'swings..

fiesta

Its a risk I'm willing to take. Its scientific research that I'm doing. Smile
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:21 pm

All about the science.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down