NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets

4 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets - Page 2 Empty Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:26 am

First topic message reminder :

http://news.sky.com/story/1187043/fox-hunts-ride-out-for-boxing-day-meets   (video at link)

Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets - Page 2 146900472-1-252x337

We having foxes that come into our garden with their cubs...Sometimes they are a bit noisy at night, but i like that as living in an urban area...I feel that it brings you closer to nature.

Thousands of supporters attended Boxing Day hunts across the UK today as a poll shows 80% of people remain opposed to hunting with dogs for sport.

Some 250 hunts rode out today on the biggest day of the hunting calendar, some following an artificial scent while others hunting foxes within the law.

Groups of hunt saboteurs were out in force too, monitoring hunts they believed were trying to flout the law and hunt foxes illegally.

Yawning Fox
The poll suggests opinions on hunting are the same in urban and rural areas
The survey commissioned by animal welfare organisation The League Against Cruel Sports reveals 80% of the public think hunting should not be made legal again.

In October, David Cameron said he had "some sympathies" with farmers demanding the use of packs of hounds to flush out foxes if they threatened livestock. Once driven out, the foxes could be shot.

Downing Street suggested it might introduce a government motion to amend the 2004 ban on hunting by relaxing rules that say farmers can only use two dogs to hunt.

The Prime Minister's official spokesman said he was particularly worried about hill farmers who have suffered heavy losses of livestock that is threatening their livelihoods.

Joe Duckworth, chief executive of The League Against Cruel Sports, said: "Hunting is a sickeningly cruel blood sport, which, like us, the majority of the British public do not want brought back.

"Voting for repeal would be political suicide. We need to move forward as a nation, not backwards on matters of animal welfare."

The survey, carried out by Ipsos MORI, also suggests that on the issue of legalising fox hunting, there is no difference between people living in rural areas and those in urban areas.

Gavin Grant, chief executive of the RSPCA, which also commissioned the survey, said: "As a rural dweller I have always known that opposition to hunting with dogs has never been an issue of 'town versus country'. This poll proves it once and for all.

"The message to MPs is loud and clear. Hunting wild animals with dogs is unethical, inhumane and cruel."

http://news.sky.com/story/1187043/fox-hunts-ride-out-for-boxing-day-meets

Oh.....And they don't attack domestic cats either, as we have observed out cats through the window when they are out there at the same time, they don't take a blind bit of notice towards each other.

Back to top Go down

Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Costa wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Well I can assure you costa that back on of the many old ADO's sphinx did tell me that, now I'm not sure if your just doing a didge here or not, but she told me that she had fibromyalgia and that it left her way too tired to be able to cope with the kids so her ex does that and that sphinx had her then 17 year old live with her, the ex had the other 3 kids...
She had then posted about going on fishing and boat trips and that she would go to watch the meet up for the fox hunts...

Some are beginning to turn this into something else , I have no reason to lie and as far as I'm concerned it's the end of the matter, I was proving how wrong her priorities are...

If someone has energy to do outdoor sportsmen then they have the energy to take care of their own kids, even if it is tough...

I thought you also said along with didge that we are all responsible for our own finances costa?...does that not extend to our own kids?

Can't look after them them don't have them, end of.

Yes, I know all about the history of Sphinx's illness.

It's an illness that can floor you at any time, some days you feel good and others days it will just strike you down. My Aunt Nancy has a daughter in her 40's who has it, she has a husband and 2 kids and when it strikes her, she cannot attend to her kids, husband, house etc.

She literally has to be carried upstairs to her bed.

...carried onto the boat too?..

If it were other parents, then when they are feeling better they would like to have their kids first ,not outdoor sports ...

Truth is we both don't know her in RL Costa , I'm only going on what SHE said on her old forum.

Back to top Go down

Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets - Page 2 Empty Re: Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Catman wrote:

You're only defending her because she's another rabid Rwhinger like you  Laughing 

Right let me place this into perspective for you, if someone was mocking Doug and claiming you did not care for him and the like, I would say the same thing as it is disgusting to bring up people who are not here and to attack those closest to them with such underhanded tactics.
So it has nothing to do with anything right wing, it has everything to do with common decency!  

Funny that you didn't say anything to your buddies who were dishing out the abuse directed at Doug on Flap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Catman wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Right let me place this into perspective for you, if someone was mocking Doug and claiming you did not care for him and the like, I would say the same thing as it is disgusting to bring up people who are not here and to attack those closest to them with such underhanded tactics.
So it has nothing to do with anything right wing, it has everything to do with common decency!  

Funny that you didn't say anything to your buddies who were dishing out the abuse directed at Doug on Flap.

Actually I did, you have a short memory it seems, many defended you from such abuse, unbelievable

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:02 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Catman wrote:

Actually I did, you have a short memory it seems, many defended you from such abuse, unbelievable

Rubbish.

One or two people spoke out but you didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Costa wrote:

Yes, I know all about the history of Sphinx's illness.

It's an illness that can floor you at any time, some days you feel good and others days it will just strike you down. My Aunt Nancy has a daughter in her 40's who has it, she has a husband and 2 kids and when it strikes her, she cannot attend to her kids, husband, house etc.

She literally has to be carried upstairs to her bed.

If it were other parents, then when they are feeling better they would like to have their kids first ,not outdoor sports ...

Truth is we both don't know her in RL Costa , I'm only going on what SHE said on her old forum.

Well I never heard her say she did not want to see her kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Catman wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Rubbish.

Wrong,,, except what happened is you threw it back in many of our faces

Again you have a shirt memory when it suits it seems

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Catman wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

..indeed Phil , he often turns the other way, but has plenty to say on 'benefit scroungers'..and his nasty habit of becoming personal and abusive, not to mention his temper, I hope he does not act that way in public, greeting , screaming and kicking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:05 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Catman wrote:

Rubbish.

Wrong,,, except what happened is you threw it back in many of our faces

Again you have a shirt memory when it suits it seems

Rubbish again.

I remember the situation very well indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

..indeed Phil , he often turns the other way, but has plenty to say on 'benefit scroungers'..and his  nasty habit of becoming personal and abusive, not to mention his temper, I hope he does not act that way in public, greeting , screaming and kicking.

He's out and out lying at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Catman wrote:

..indeed Phil , he often turns the other way, but has plenty to say on 'benefit scroungers'..and his  nasty habit of becoming personal and abusive, not to mention his temper, I hope he does not act that way in public, greeting , screaming and kicking.

Complete lie again, I have said little about benefit scroungers, in fact, please post 2 posts where I even mention benefit scroungers?

You have the balls to try and worm your way out by making further accusations, well, ball is in your court, show where I stated benefit scroungers?

Or is this you trying again to put words in my mouth I never said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Costa wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Neither did I Costa , she said ' I can not manage to look after the kids properly as I am too exhausted'

And just for the record DIDGE, I myself have a very underactive thyroid , so I do have a clue about tiredness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:09 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Complete lie again, I have said little about benefit scroungers, in fact, please post 2 posts where I even mention benefit scroungers?

You have the balls to try and worm your way out by making further accusations, well, ball is in your court, show where I stated benefit scroungers?

Oh ffs didge, stop playing theses silly games,move on lad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Joy Division wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

lol! 
Nah she has the kind that prevents her from working or looking after her children, not the kind that interferes with leisure pursuits like hunting shooting and fishing!

Indeed Nems , I'm not normally one to slam folk for their circumstances but if I were her, I would be far more focused on my children rather than fishing and fox hunts, it would break me not to have them stay with me and I know you would be the same, it's all very bizarre for anyone to put hunting and fishing before their children,let alone a woman, and she must be made of solid stuff not to want to see them everyday and from what she said, she chooses not to see them everyday...

I have no sympathy for people like that, I myself am also disabled with a few things not as they should be, I get sever spinal pain and what not, but that would NEVER stop me wanting to be with my kids, children never asked to be born , we chose that and should look after them and love  them with all our heart.

Like you say Nems, it just does not fit, a mother who will not look after her children, but has all the time and energy to go to illegal hunts , fishing and what not.
If she had lost both her legs then I would understand more, but it sounds like they can come back once they are older as the youngest ones are more dependant on the parents, let the father raise them then take the credit when they are older.

I'm sorry if this sounds brutal , but one thing I loathe is people who can not be bothered with their kids when they damn well should be.

We brought them into this world and it is each of our duties to raise them as best we can, there are too many kids feeling unloved and unwanted, this later leads to trouble in later life.

Kids come first.

Good afternoon Joy Division.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once tell us that you used to & still do take illegal drugs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

You made the claim now on me , back it up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Shady wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Indeed Nems , I'm not normally one to slam folk for their circumstances but if I were her, I would be far more focused on my children rather than fishing and fox hunts, it would break me not to have them stay with me and I know you would be the same, it's all very bizarre for anyone to put hunting and fishing before their children,let alone a woman, and she must be made of solid stuff not to want to see them everyday and from what she said, she chooses not to see them everyday...

I have no sympathy for people like that, I myself am also disabled with a few things not as they should be, I get sever spinal pain and what not, but that would NEVER stop me wanting to be with my kids, children never asked to be born , we chose that and should look after them and love  them with all our heart.

Like you say Nems, it just does not fit, a mother who will not look after her children, but has all the time and energy to go to illegal hunts , fishing and what not.
If she had lost both her legs then I would understand more, but it sounds like they can come back once they are older as the youngest ones are more dependant on the parents, let the father raise them then take the credit when they are older.

I'm sorry if this sounds brutal , but one thing I loathe is people who can not be bothered with their kids when they damn well should be.

We brought them into this world and it is each of our duties to raise them as best we can, there are too many kids feeling unloved and unwanted, this later leads to trouble in later life.

Kids come first.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you once tell us that you used to & still do take illegal drugs?

Hi shady..until recently I used to smoke cannabis, when the kids are tucked up in bed at night, and...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Costa wrote:

Neither did I Costa , she said ' I can not manage to look after the kids properly as I am too exhausted'

And just for the record DIDGE, I myself have a very underactive thyroid , so I do have a clue about tiredness

But I quote you JD from one of your previous posts on this thread

it's all very bizarre for anyone to put hunting and fishing before their children,let alone a woman, and she must be made of solid stuff not to want to see them everyday and from what she said, she chooses not to see them everyday...

Anyway, I understand that Sphinx wants you to take your argument over to her forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

cheers  Just ignore him now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:13 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I don't end to back anything up, the majority of your posts are blaming folk with debts, those on benefits etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Costa wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

it's all very bizarre for anyone to put hunting and fishing before their children,let alone a woman, and she must be made of solid stuff not to want to see them everyday and from what she said, she chooses not to see them everyday...

Anyway, I understand that Sphinx wants you to take your argument over to her forum

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Catman wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

cheers  Just ignore him now!

Yeah,he is going around in circles again Phil, so tedious...

I actually think he likes people to point out his posts picking on the poor and unemployed , gives him some kind of RW thrill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Sphinx...

Stop PMing me...i'm not reading them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Costa wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

That's no gonna happen Costa, I been on her forums before and gave them all the benefit of the doubt, nothing but RW hypocrisy , abuse etc...and if you complain you are labeled led as being a petty whinger.

I've more than learnt my lesson over there, sphinx is more than capable of arguing it over here, without abuse of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:18 pm

All I am PMing you phil is a polite request that this abuse at myself be taken away from this forum because the owners of this forum are nothing to do with it and do not deserve it in their front room so to speak.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Shady wrote:

Hi shady..until recently I used to smoke cannabis, when the kids are tucked up in bed at night, and...

.....And it makes you sound hypocritical regarding your over the top & over exaggerated comments regarding children.Are you the saviour of all children? Or are you simply a hypocritical druggie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:25 pm

Shady wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

.....And it makes you sound hypocritical regarding your over the top & over exaggerated comments regarding children.Are you the saviour of all children? Or are you simply a hypocritical druggie?

..look shady,who gives a fuck?, save this for your low life's across the road who continually mock the poor and disabled.

Here is me thinking you might just give some debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Catman wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Rubbish.

Really?

Well lets ask Eddie when she is back and then watch as you east humble pie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I don't end to back anything up, the majority of your posts are blaming folk with debts, those on benefits etc.

Bullshit, as seen you try and claim things said that are not said, so post the posts where I have claimed anything on benefit scroungers?

Your just digging a bigger hole, so put up,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:34 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I'm disabled myself ok, and I would appreciate if you dropped the insults and personal abuse , ok.

And that gives you the green light to make unfounded accusations of child abuse?

No it does not, not in a million years does it

Jesus, if you don;t like her, fine, but to make such an unfounded claims is disgusting, and now even worse you would rather I dropped the personal insults and abuse, when you have been the one doing so about sphinx, you have lost the plot

...oh for goodness sake man it's not unfounded claims,Moshe posted them on her old ADO site for all to see, this was when you were so busy at a flap you were not there to see.

who can that be abusing her when she said those things herself? , and of you want to see abuse just look at the childish insults she have me on a PM, just like another spoilt bairn looking for a fight, stop stirring things didge...
And it seems your mates are tagging along here from flap with the same intention as usual...to cause trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Shady wrote:

..look shady,who gives a fuck?, save this for your low life's across the road who continually mock the poor and disabled.

The only low life is the person not willing to take up the offer to debate this elsewhere and thus not spoiling the forum with your poor accusations.

Sphinx has been very nice about this and not wanted to spoil the forum for Ben and the team hence her offer, so do yourself a favour, if you are not going to have the decency to do so, then put a sock in it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

And that gives you the green light to make unfounded accusations of child abuse?

Jesus, if you don;t like her, fine, but to make such an unfounded claims is disgusting, and now even worse you would rather I dropped the personal insults and abuse, when you have been the one doing so about sphinx, you have lost the plot

...oh for goodness sake man it's not unfounded claims,Moshe posted them on her old ADO site for all to see, this was when you were so busy at a flap you were not there to see.

who can that be abusing her when she said those things herself? , and of you  want to see abuse just look at the childish insults she have me on a PM, just like another spoilt bairn looking for a fight, stop stirring things didge...
And it seems your mates are tagging along here from flap with the same intention as usual...to cause  trouble.

It is unfounded claims when you do not understand an illness, plain and simple, I am not going to bother with such a piece of shit as you are Joy, you have been offered to debate this elsewhere and you are running scared and the one shit stirring making unfounded claims.

So go and debate this elsewhere and save us from your disgusting posts

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Shady wrote:

Not so fast sexy boy.You took the moral high ground by telling us how much you care about children (was your heart bleeding when you shared that crap with us?)and here you are a poxy druggie.

If you care so much & feel oh so precious about children report to your nearest police station with your children,your drugs & your suppliers name & address & we'll see how conscientious you really are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:42 pm

The RW are up to their shit again.

Yawn...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

who can that be abusing her when she said those things herself? , and of you  want to see abuse just look at the childish insults she have me on a PM, just like another spoilt bairn looking for a fight, stop stirring things didge...
And it seems your mates are tagging along here from flap with the same intention as usual...to cause  trouble.

I HAVE REPLIED OFF THIS FORUM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Catman wrote:The RW are up to their shit again.

Yawn...

Isn't it time for you to take your drugs & vomit in the corner?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Can I ask you something JD?

How did you feel when 'Hugh' mocked your disability on the old ADO?

And here you are doing the same to Sphinx

It's not nice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Shady wrote:
Catman wrote:The RW are up to their shit again.

Yawn...

Isn't it time for you to take your drugs & vomit in the corner?

Good Afternoon shady

You are better than that and don;t need to drag yourself down to his level!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Joy Division wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Excuse me JD, but it was you that brought Sphinx up and started the ball rolling on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:54 pm

OK, we have two options at this point -- return to civility or I lock this thread down.

Fox Hunts Ride Out For Boxing Day Meets - Page 2 Baby-ultimate-fighting
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:54 pm

Costa wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Excuse me JD, but it was you that brought Sphinx up and started the ball rolling on this.

Hi Costa

Sphinx has offered him to go away from here and talk about it, I hope he has the decency to do so, lets leave this now, it has angered me enough already to be honest and was so uncalled for.

Also hope you have a good weekend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:57 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Costa wrote:

Hi Costa

Sphinx has offered him to go away from here and talk about it, I hope he has the decency to do so, lets leave this now, it has angered me enough already to be honest and was so uncalled for.

Also hope you have a good weekend  

Yes best to leave him to it.

Have a good one yourself too  sunny 

Back to top Go down

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, we have two options at this point -- return to civility or I lock this thread down.

Good afternoon Ben.

Sorry about my part in that but I just can't stand people taking the moral high ground when they are nothing more than trailer trash themselves.

PS. Do you have fox hunting in the states?

Last edited by Shady on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Costa wrote:Can I ask you something JD?

How did you feel when 'Hugh' mocked your disability on the old ADO?

And here you are doing the same to Sphinx

It's not nice

I'm not mocking anyone's disability Costa, and from what I heard many over had a good giggle at my disability, can you show me whee I'm mocking anyone's disability?..I'm saying what she told me.

This is getting tedious now Costa and I hope others will just drop the while thing, I ain't one to keep things going.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:OK, we have two options at this point -- return to civility or I lock this thread down.

..nice one Ben, good call.Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:01 pm

We do have some fox hunts here in the states, and they're controversial as well.

Not here in Texas though, where we have an equivalent that I once wrote an article about: Coyote hunts.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:We do have some fox hunts here in the states, and they're controversial as well.

Not here in Texas though, where we have an equivalent that I once wrote an article about: Coyote hunts.

So do you hunt the foxes with hounds or cruise missiles.

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:We do have some fox hunts here in the states, and they're controversial as well.

Used to debate this other chap from the states, his name eludes me at the moment who tied to claim hunting get the populations in check, which was completely false when I looked into as in fact it was manipulating the populations I found out to my horror. I have no problem with hunting for necessity where it is a way of life for some people, though these people have simple lives that never take as much as they need.
I suppose this goes hand in hand with the silly gun laws out there Ben with hunting?

I mean where is the sport in going after animals armed with a semi automatic rifle anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Well, the people I interviewed actually conducted it like a traditional fox hunt, with regular hunting rifles, on horseback, even the traditional fox-hunting costume. They were very self-conscious about it; for them it was part of their culture (all had a LOT of money) and they tended to view themselves more as bookish traditionalists than mighty hunters.

The kind you're talking about is the real problem -- the likes of Sarah Palin flying up in helicopters and shooting wolves with advanced assault rifles more for fun than for any kind of population control, as the wolves are somewhat endangered if anything, and certainly not a nuisance to most people.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Generally the only time Americans have problems with wolves or coyotes is when they move into a brand-spanking-new housing development and find the local canines didn't get the memo ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, the people I interviewed actually conducted it like a traditional fox hunt, with regular hunting rifles, on horseback, even the traditional fox-hunting costume. They were very self-conscious about it; for them it was part of their culture (all had a LOT of money) and they tended to view themselves more as bookish traditionalists than mighty hunters.

The kind you're talking about is the real problem -- the likes of Sarah Palin flying up in helicopters and shooting wolves with advanced assault rifles more for fun than for any kind of population control, as the wolves are somewhat endangered if anything, and certainly not a nuisance to most people.

Interesting view point Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Just one more thing about the hunt club I wrote about -- after the article ran, the member who tipped me off about it got kicked out Smile

I actually wrote a very respectful article. They really didn't want publicity of any kind!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next