NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival

+4
eddie
Original Quill
Eilzel
Major
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival Empty Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:35 am

Less than week before the first proper votes are cast in the 2016 presidential election campaign, Donald Trump has soared to a new high of 41 per cent, according to a new poll. The national poll by CNN//ORC found that four out of ten Republicans now say they wold back him to be the president. The tycoon’s support is more than double that of his nearest rival, Ted Cruz, who trails on 19 per cent. No other Republican candidate makes it out of single digits.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/donald-trump-soars-to-a-new-high-of-41-points-more-than-double-his-nearest-rival-a6834631.html

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival Empty Re: Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival

Post by Eilzel Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:19 pm

It is concerning enough that so many Americans rate the clown; but warming to know this is at least just less than quarter of voters overall.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival Empty Re: Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Eilzel wrote:It is concerning enough that so many Americans rate the clown; but warming to know this is at least just less than quarter of voters overall.

Indeed Eilzel, but this is more to the fact he has appeal, no matter how vile his views are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 pm

Thank goodness it is only a quarter, but that is bad enough.  He is exactly the same type as Hitler, uses hate rhetoric to appeal to the basest feelings of the masses.  Was watching a programme about him last night.  Came from a very rich family, taught by his father that you show no mercy and wipe everyone out who stands in your way and that he was one of the 'elite' and should walk over everyone, ie 'a chosen one'   People who are deranged enough to think they are 'the chosen people' and the most dangerous in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:It is concerning enough that so many Americans rate the clown; but warming to know this is at least just less than quarter of voters overall.

That's the saving grace, Les. No question there is political upheaval in America right now. But the pundits don't quite have the handle on it. It's not left, or right... Like El Niño, global warming isn't warming when it brings blizzards to the Eastern Seaboard...up is down...backwards is forwards.

The symptom of the Republican clown show is only on the surface. The population has moved to the left, and abandoned these fossils with no pants. That's why they look ridiculous. They...and their ever-diminishing base are still being watched, when the main action is waaaaaayyyy over there.

The pundits have got to stop filming over here, shoulder their cameras and microphones, and run across the field to the action over there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:

That's the saving grace, Les.  No question there is political upheaval in America right now.  But the pundits don't quite have the handle on it.  It's not left, or right...  Like El Niño, global warming isn't warming when it brings blizzards to the Eastern Seaboard...up is down...backwards is forwards.

The symptom of the Republican clown show is only on the surface.  The population has moved to the left, and abandoned these fossils with no pants.  That's why they look ridiculous.  They...and their ever-diminishing base are still being watched, when the main action is waaaaaayyyy over there.

The pundits have got to stop filming over here, shoulder their cameras and microphones, and run across the field to the action over there.

Well I hope you are right, but I've got a horrible feeling you aren't, and the thought of President Trump is enough to send a shiver down the spine of the whole world, because that world would not last long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:02 pm

I promise...Trump is a clown show. The real America is amused, but with so much at stake they will never invest in a practical joke.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Hmmmm!  Wish I could believe that, however the loonies seem to be taking over in many countries, look at us lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:08 pm

In a nutshell, what is it that he says that make him such a figure of hate?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:10 pm

Jeez Eddie, what planet have you been living on lol

Start with this, and this was back in July, when he hadn't even got started!

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/stories/5187/23-ridiculously-offensive-donald-trump-quotes#Intro

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:28 pm

Well some of them are just funny.
Some of them are taken literally (he doesn't mean HE will build the actual wall Rolling Eyes )
Some of them are said to have an impact.

Take the plastic words that drop out of the mouths of our MP's. You think it's better to be lied to?

You think our MP's haven't ever thought stupid and vile things yet not said them?
You think our MPs haven't driven along and been cut up by a Chinese man and haven't uttered "You fucking slitty-eyed wanker"?

I am telling you, all of you live in this totally weird world where you think most people don't have a streak of shit in them, even the best of people, have a streak of shit in them.
Even the best of people, after being in a slanging match with a Mexican hasn't thought "I'll build a wall to keep you out c@nty!"

Doesn't mean they mean it.

They might save a Mexican child's life the next day by stopping him from running in the road.

I think people need to grow up and realsie that even the best of people stink of shit.

Don't think Trump will be, or should be, president though. Anyone who thinks their hair looks good like that is deluded.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:32 pm

eddie wrote:In a nutshell, what is it that he says that make him such a figure of hate?

What has he said? Or haven't you noticed that he devoid of policy or even intellectual curiosity? He is a one-man personality cult: elect me and you will never have to worry yo' pretty li'l head about nuttin...

His current flap with Megyn Kelly begins to show the cracks in his facade...yep, he's afraid of her.

Donald Trump! Afraid???

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:43 pm

eddie wrote:Well some of them are just funny.
Some of them are taken literally (he doesn't mean HE will build the actual wall Rolling Eyes )
Some of them are said to have an impact.

Take the plastic words that drop out of the mouths of our MP's. You think it's better to be lied to?

You think our MP's haven't ever thought stupid and vile things yet not said them?
You think our MPs haven't driven along and been cut up by a Chinese man and haven't uttered "You fucking slitty-eyed wanker"?

I am telling you, all of you live in this totally weird world where you think most people don't have a streak of shit in them, even the best of people, have a streak of shit in them.
Even the best of people, after being in a slanging match with a Mexican hasn't thought "I'll build a wall to keep you out c@nty!"

Doesn't mean they mean it.

They might save a Mexican child's life the next day by stopping him from running in the road.

I think people need to grow up and realsie that even the best of people stink of shit.

Don't think Trump will be, or should be, president though. Anyone who thinks their hair looks good like that is deluded.

Actually Eddie, that's EXACTLY what he does mean.  Don't you know about the border between Mexico and the USA?

Mexico–United States barrier
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 250px-US-Mexico_barrier_at_Tijuana_pedestrian_border_crossing

Mexico-United States barrier at the pedestrian border crossing in Tijuana.
The Mexico–United States barrier is a series of walls, strategically placed to inhibit the flow of illegal border crossings into the Southwestern United States. The walled sections are interspersed with a ‘virtual fence’ of sensors and cameras.
Supporters claim that the barrier is necessary for controlling Cartel border violence and co-operation with overseas terrorists.[citation needed] Opponents see it as an ineffective deterrent that jeopardizes the health and safety of immigrants and destroys fragile ecosystems along the Rio Grande.
The Barrier is also known as the Border Fence or Border Wall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier

The Rio Grande is the actual border

Save a child's life by stopping him running in the road?  What?  Really What?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Of course most of his claims are ridiculous, which are in the main to garner votes and the fact is his popularity is gaining off doing exactly that.
What most fail to grasp here is that none of these claims would likely get approved.
He has the left craping themselves, when they should not be giving him anytime of day, but like with Farage they are pandering to him with fear.
They are giving him prime time air time daily, playing into his hands.
When they should be concentrating on their own people

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:08 pm

Didge wrote:Of course most of his claims are ridiculous, which are in the main to garner votes and the fact is his popularity is gaining off doing exactly that.
What most fail to grasp here is that none of these claims would likely get approved.
He has the left craping themselves, when they should not be giving him anytime of day, but like with Farage they are pandering to him with fear.
They are giving him prime time air time daily, playing into his hands.
When they should be concentrating on their own people

Actually, he's an amusing diversion during an otherwise dull news season. I lov the undressing he gives the Canadian. And his shakedown of Jeb and the other Cuban? Hey, it's Maud run amok in a script of the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Sassy you took my post too literally. I was giving some extreme examples and oh, never mind!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:28 pm

The Washington Times wrote:Not Trump
There are good reasons to conclude The Donald is no conservative

By Cal Thomas - - Monday, January 25, 2016

When the publisher of National Review, Jack Fowler, called and asked me to write 300 words on why I oppose Donald Trump for president of the United States, my first thought was about the derision that was sure to come from Trump supporters.

I was not disappointed, or rather I am disappointed that no one who reacted negatively rebutted any of the arguments I, or the other contributors, made about why we think a President Trump would not pursue conservative goals.

Sounding like Mr. Trump, I was called a “loser” and someone for whom one writer said he had “lost all respect.” Sure, there were some who called me “brilliant” (I’m filing those away), but the name-callers resembled their political master. Mr. Trump also refused to address our arguments. Instead, he mislabeled the magazine a “dying newspaper” and said it had lost circulation and no one reads it. Many are reading this issue.

One friend said he is convinced that Mr. Trump is “teachable and we can move him in the right direction.” On June 14, Mr. Trump will be 70 years old. By then, most people have long been settled in their worldview. Mr. Trump likes to cite Ronald Reagan, who was a Roosevelt Democrat before he famously said he didn’t leave the Democratic Party, the party left him. But Reagan spent many years honing his conservative principles in One friend said he is convinced that Mr. Trump is “teachable and we can move him in the right direction.” On June 14, Mr. Trump will be 70 years old. By then, most people have long been settled in their worldview. Mr. Trump likes to cite Ronald Reagan, who was a Roosevelt Democrat before he famously said he didn’t leave the Democratic Party, the party left him. But Reagan spent many years honing his conservative principles in speeches, articles and radio commentaries. He did not have, as some nominees to high office experience, a “confirmation conversion.”

Quoting myself would be redundant (read us all at National Review.com), so here is the key paragraph from the lead editorial: “Trump’s politics are those of an averagely well-informed businessman: Washington is full of problems; I am a problem-solver; let me at them. But if you have no familiarity with the relevant details and the levers of power, and no clear principles to guide you, you will, like most tenderfeet, get rolled. Trump has shown no interest in limiting government, in reforming entitlements, or in the Constitution. He floats the idea of massive new taxes on imported goods and threatens to retaliate against companies that do too much manufacturing overseas for his taste. His obsession is with ‘winning,’ regardless of the means — a spirit that is anathema to the ordered liberty that conservatives hold dear and that depends for its preservation on limits on government power.”

Quoting myself would be redundant (read us all at National Review.com), so here is the key paragraph from the lead editorial: “Trump’s politics are those of an averagely well-informed businessman: Washington is full of problems; I am a problem-solver; let me at them. But if you have no familiarity with the relevant details and the levers of power, and no clear principles to guide you, you will, like most tenderfeet, get rolled. Trump has shown no interest in limiting government, in reforming entitlements, or in the Constitution. He floats the idea of massive new taxes on imported goods and threatens to retaliate against companies that do too much manufacturing overseas for his taste. His obsession is with ‘winning,’ regardless of the means — a spirit that is anathema to the ordered liberty that conservatives hold dear and that depends for its preservation on limits on government power.”

In the Feb. 1 issue of The Weekly Standard, Stephen F. Hayes writes: “The Republican front-runner is a longtime liberal whose worldview might best be described as an amalgam of pop-culture progressivism and vulgar nationalism. His campaign rallies are orgies of self-absorption, dominated by juvenile insults of those who criticize him and endless boasting about his poll numbers. He’s a narcissist and a huckster, an opportunist who not only failed to join conservatives in the big fights about the size and scope of government over the past several decades but, to the extent he was even aware of such battles, was often funding the other side, with a long list of contributions to the liberals most responsible for the dire state of affairs in the country, including likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.”

What is the counter-argument to these substantive opinions? Anger against the “Washington establishment” is not one. Those who worship Mr. Trump have an obligation to say why he is worthy of their faith. Given his liberal background and poor explanations of why he now believes differently, how do his supporters know he will govern conservatively should he win the White House? He once said his sister, who is pro-abortion, would be an excellent nominee to the Supreme Court. His story of how he supposedly became a pro-life convert lacks credibility.

Electing a president, especially in a dangerous world, is important work. Anger and emotion should not govern the choice. Considered judgment should. Donald Trump appeals to the former, but not the latter.

• Cal Thomas is a nationally syndicated columnist. His latest book is “What Works: Common Sense Solutions for a Stronger America” (Zondervan, 2014).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:37 pm

I'd like a very unbiased view of Trump, someone who neither likes nor dislikes him and has no political agenda.
That's what I'd like to read.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:50 pm

eddie wrote:I'd like a very unbiased view of Trump, someone who neither likes nor dislikes him and has no political agenda.

But saying things like "he doesn't really mean what he's saying" is just as biased as any rant against him. Being unbiased about a person doesn't mean you have to find ways to say nice things about them -- to me, the most unbiased thing in the world is to take what someone's saying at face value.

And I promise that most of Trump's supporters believe he really would build a wall and try to prevent Muslims from coming to the U.S. -- that's why they support him.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:I'd like a very unbiased view of Trump, someone who neither likes nor dislikes him and has no political agenda.

But saying things like "he doesn't really mean what he's saying" is just as biased as any rant against him. Being unbiased about a person doesn't mean you have to find ways to say nice things about them -- to me, the most unbiased thing in the world is to take what someone's saying at face value.

And I promise that most of Trump's supporters believe he really would build a wall and try to prevent Muslims from coming to the U.S. -- that's why they support him.

But yoou daily end up speaking more about Trump than the people you support and their policies, which means his Rhetoric is paying dividends, as you continually keep him in the spotlight and play off a fear of which he has created that is being pandered to.
Again the way to defeat someone like this is not play up to their fear but take them on with economic and social vales. They want the debate to steer to immigration and Muslims, as this is what they are gearing up they campaign to fight with. This is evident as he has not lost support but in fact gained support, very much as Farage did in the run up to the British General election. We should always stand strongly and vocally against messages of hate, but he wants everyone to stay talking about it Ben and the press are playing into his hands, as he is getting far more of the media attention more so than anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

But yoou daily end up speaking more about Trump than the people you support and their policies, which means his Rhetoric is paying dividends, as you continually keep him in the spotlight and play off a fear of which he has created that is being pandered to.
Again the way to defeat someone like this is not play up to their fear but take them on with economic and social vales. They want the debate to steer to immigration and Muslims, as this is what they are gearing up they campaign to fight with. This is evident as he has not lost support but in fact gained support, very much as Farage did in the run up to the British General election. We should always stand strongly and vocally against messages of hate, but he wants everyone to stay talking about it Ben and the press are playing into his hands, as he is getting far more of the media attention more so than anyone else.

Keeping a politician's views in public circulation and having national discussions about them is great for democracy. The fundamental assumption of democracy is that an informed public will make more good decisions than bad; they can't do that if they have candidates like Mitt Romney in 2012, who didn't want the public to know what he really thought, and then once it was leaked, ran from it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:17 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

Keeping a politician's views in public circulation and having national discussions about them is great for democracy. The fundamental assumption of democracy is that an informed public will make more good decisions than bad; they can't do that if they have candidates like Mitt Romney in 2012, who didn't want the public to know what he really thought, and then once it was leaked, ran from it.

But that is not going to work here as Trump wants to be as extreme as possible and its not having an effect, the point you are missing. What you will really fear the most is if there is an economic downturn or there is another successful high casualty rate terrorist attack and you could be in jeopardy of him gaining entry into the White House. The point is there is far more articles and news on Trump which dwarfs any on any of the others and that will have an impact. If as i say one of the two aspects happened I mentioned he will be able to play off this fear even further. The Democrats need to start concentrating on the democrats and the media need to also, because it will be in the end on economic policies that will win the day this election. Let him spout off, but the more you give him prime time air time, the more he will be as outrageous as possible. He sells hate as if it is a hope, and that is something fundamentally Hitler played off. Where in 1929 he was going nowhere fast but the wall street crash propelled him forward based off his view to over hope through hate. Its a perverse message but one that people fall for. He mirrors many of the tactics the Nazi propaganda machine used and as seen it has been effective ion the past. He is way out in front already as the republican runner and his views are off the chart, that should be the first sign of danger for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

But that is not going to work here as Trump wants to be as extreme as possible and its not having an effect, the point you are missing. What you will really fear the most is if there is an economic downturn or there is another successful high casualty rate terrorist attack and you could be in jeopardy of him gaining entry into the White House. The point is there is far more articles and news on Trump which dwarfs any on any of the others and that will have an impact. If as i say one of the two aspects happened I mentioned he will be able to play off this fear even further. The Democrats need to start concentrating on the democrats and the media need to also, because it will be in the end on economic policies that will win the day this election. Let him spout off, but the more you give him prime time air time, the more he will be as outrageous as possible. He sells hate as if it is a hope, and that is something fundamentally Hitler played off. Where in 1929 he was going nowhere fast but the wall street crash propelled him forward based off his view to over hope through hate. Its a perverse message but one that people fall for. He mirrors many of the tactics the Nazi propaganda machine used and as seen it has been effective ion the past. He is way out in front already as the republican runner and his views are off the chart, that should be the first sign of danger for you.

There will be time for that debate -- once the Democrats and the Republicans each have an actual nominee. For now, it's beneficial to get Trump's extreme, non-mainstream views out there so that people will already see him for what he is by the time the presidential debates (Democratic vs. Republican) roll around, and he won't be able to Etch-a-Sketch his campaign, trying to make it more mainstream:

Eric Fehrnstrom, Romney's senior campaign adviser, was asked in a CNN interview Wednesday morning whether the former Massachusetts governor had been forced to adopt conservative positions in the rugged race that could hurt his standing with moderates in November's general election.

"I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes," Fehrnstrom responded. "It's almost like an Etch A Sketch. You can kind of shake it up, and we start all over again."

Rival candidates Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich, who are vying for conservative support against the more moderate Romney, seized on the comment as indicative of their longstanding criticism that Romney shifts his positions on issues such as health care reform and abortion to suit his political needs.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/21/politics/campaign-wrap/

Et voila! By focusing on what Trump is saying now, you get him firmly stuck in the Republican presidential trap, where he has to go far to the right to win the nomination, then try to tack back to the center for the general election -- coming off as a phony to the general public and alienating his far-right supporters.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:51 pm

You still do not grasp it Ben and from someone who spent a huge time studying the Third Reich for my degree, I understand the tactics being used very well.
Its up to you Ben, but the media are playing right into his hands, it is what happened with farage which backfired and gained him support. Though he would never have had a chance to win and Cameron was clever not to get involved in to many debates. So I doubt anything further I say will make any difference with how you fail to see the Democrat stance is flawed at present.

Have a good day

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:53 pm

Not possible

there is only 3 opinions of trump
1. Dont know him
2. know him and therefore disgusted
3. know him but make money from him over look the disgust.

he is the archetype of what happens when a selfish innately bad person is born extremely wealth and has never had to face hardship or consequence of their action or had any empathy for people he has ruined through greed and incompetence.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Have a greenie, couldn't agree more.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:32 pm

I did a thread on the pros and cons of him becoming president.
He's an interesting character to me; I really like bluntly honest people. I don't have to like or agree with what they have to say, but I like the honesty in the face of all that is false and plastic in the world.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:34 pm

eddie wrote:I did a thread on the pros and cons of him becoming president.
He's an interesting character to me; I really like bluntly honest people. I don't have to like or agree with what they have to say, but I like the honesty in the face of all that is false and plastic in the world.

He's not honest, he does it to manipulate, to get his own way, to be more 'important', because he thinks he is 'special' and above everyone else.    He's probably the least honest person around.   Why do you think if people are saying something vile they are being 'honest', they mostly say anything like that with the view to manipulate, and I'm afraid to say, the people who think he is being 'honest' are the ones being manipulated.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:01 pm

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464

Well I guess Trump is a better actor than i thought  Suspect Suspect Suspect

for a Man being So honest about Mexicans he sure employs a lot of them  
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

for a Man being so honest about the Chinese threat to US Manufacturing he sure buys a lot of good from the Chinese and ignores US workers  Wink

he says one thing while doing another, sometimes he even says opposite things or things that make no sense.
I am not sure if he is dishonest or just really really stupid, as said his performance in the business would suggests that he is stupid and surrounded by sycophants more than truly dishonest, he simple doesn't know how dumb he is because people lie to his face and he believes them.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:31 am

You like honesty Eds? A lot of people were drawn to the blunt honesty of another charismatic racist in the 1930s. It didn't turn out well.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:16 am

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 8dJCpgO
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:34 am

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3IApxVn
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:01 am

Eilzel wrote:You like honesty Eds? A lot of people were drawn to the blunt honesty of another charismatic racist in the 1930s. It didn't turn out well.

Which is the point which many do not seem to take account on here.
Trump plays on a hate of hope more so played off Muslims and immigrants.
He plays on that fear well, where he is not losing support but gaining off the other Republican candidates.
I think fundamentally appeasement has played a part in how he has gained popularity.
We saw the same how UKIP gained popularity and the media just like here is playing up to this fear of what they say and by giving air time to such people , you help fuel this fear, when like I say they should be taking on their domestic economic policies for the US and you nulify that fear by not pandering to the one who needs people to center on him that fear.

Again look at Cameron, with this election, he bowed out of some of the debates and it never effected the Tories winning the election.
The Democrats I doubt will lose the the Presidential elections, but they might if an extreme event occurs between now and the election which ends up further fueling that fear.

The thing is Trump would be what ISIS wants to win in its grand scheme of global war that they wish and seek to happen. They want Muslims around the world to be discriminated against and ostracized, as it plays into their narrative, which is why Trump would be the most fundamental biggest disaster to befall America since George Bush took office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:08 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:You like honesty Eds? A lot of people were drawn to the blunt honesty of another charismatic racist in the 1930s. It didn't turn out well.

He plays on that fear well, where he is not losing support but gaining off the other Republican candidates.
I think fundamentally appeasement has played a part in how he has gained popularity.
We saw the same how UKIP gained popularity and the media just like here is playing up to this fear of what they say and by giving air time to such people , you help fuel this fear, when like I say they should be taking on their domestic economic policies for the US and you nulify that fear by not pandering to the one who needs people to center on him that fear.

Again look at Cameron, with this election, he bowed out of some of the debates and it never effected the Tories winning the election.
The Democrats I doubt will lose the the Presidential elections, but they might if an extreme event occurs between now and the election which ends up further fueling that fear.

The thing is Trump would be what ISIS wants to win in its grand scheme of global war that they wish and seek to happen. They want Muslims around the world to be discriminated against and ostracized, as it plays into their narrative, which is why Trump would be the most fundamental biggest disaster to befall America since George Bush took office.

Fully agree on this point. I hope the mentally deficient part of America (who think the world's age can be measured in the 1000s of years and think having guns is more important than a 21st century health system) can get this through their skulls before it is too late.

Though like you I also don't see Democrats losing the election. In part due to hideous trap the Republicans have created for themselves by which their primaries totally scupper their eventual nominees chances.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:18 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

Fully agree on this point. I hope the mentally deficient part of America (who think the world's age can be measured in the 1000s of years and think having guns is more important than a 21st century health system) can get this through their skulls before it is too late.

Though like you I also don't see Democrats losing the election. In part due to hideous trap the Republicans have created for themselves by which their primaries totally scupper their eventual nominees chances.

Its possible they could lose if there was a down turn in the economy or a big terrorist attack of the scale of Paris
I also think people need to be won over from fear, which has been created as much by the right as it has by the left with poor policies and appeasement. A fear of saying what something is has also played into this narrative. When people deny a problem like Islamism, when its blatantly obvious of which also effects Muslims as well as Non_Muslims alike, it sows the seeds of distrust.
We need to start being honest in the worlds problems, because fear has always been a big powerful weapon for those of hate to gain support and when you have like Trump who uses hate as a hope, that is a fundamental dangerous message, as someone else used that very same methodology.

Hitler

Not saying Trump is Hitler far from it, but he clearly has read up on how Hitler was able to get in tune with the public of Germany and ply off their fears, hence why more transparency and honesty on problems is required. As to not do so plays into the narrative he feeds off to instill this appealing method of hope through hate

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Yes Les I like honesty.
It's not my fault that people are stupid, and stupidly follow someone who they think has turned out stupid.

We have believed in many people that appear honest and have been liars, or indeed and have seemed like liars and have been liars.

So at the very least, you know what you're getting with people like Trump and Farage.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:09 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464 Donald Trump soars to a new high of 41 points - more than double his nearest rival 3489511464

Well I guess Trump is a better actor than i thought  Suspect Suspect Suspect

for a Man being So honest about Mexicans he sure employs a lot of them  
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

for a Man being so honest about the Chinese threat to US Manufacturing he sure buys a lot of good from the Chinese and ignores US workers  Wink

he says one thing while doing another, sometimes he even says opposite things or things that make no sense.
I am not sure if he is dishonest or just really really stupid, as said his performance in the business would suggests that he is stupid and surrounded by sycophants more than truly dishonest, he simple doesn't know how dumb he is because people lie to his face and he believes them.

I think you're wrong about his business acumen
According to things I've read, his nose for business and his many business contacts will serve him well as president.

I did make a thread in miscellany about the pros and cons

Last edited by eddie on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:10 pm

eddie wrote:

Yes Les I like honesty.
It's not my fault that people are stupid, and stupidly follow someone who they think has turned out stupid.

We have believed in many people that appear honest and have been liars, or indeed and have seemed like liars and have been liars.

So at the very least, you know what you're getting with people like Trump and Farage.

Hitler was honest

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:14 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes Les I like honesty.

Hitler was honest

I know!! And if people followed him it tells us:

They are racist as they bought into his racism
He was out in the open with it so easier to spot
That most people are stupid enough to follow a racist and expect anything good to happen
That most people are a little bit racist as I say repeatedly
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Again honesty when ugly is no different to dishonest ugliness

Both views are ugly, just one is open about how ugly their views are.

Its easy to spot when people are not honest, their reasons and views give them away

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 pm

All I am saying is, I like honesty and despise liars.
I can still admire someone's honest and direct approach (particularly and absolutely, in a world of lies and corruption) whilst not agreeing with what they're saying.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:30 pm

eddie wrote:All I am saying is, I like honesty and despise liars.
I can still admire someone's honest and direct approach (particularly and absolutely, in a world of lies and corruption) whilst not agreeing with what they're saying.

I understand that eddie, but I can hardly admire honesty, when that honesty is very ugly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:28 pm

eddie wrote:So at the very least, you know what you're getting with people like Trump and Farage.

Ironically, not so.  Just because someone is blunt, and even rude, why make the assumption he is honest?  Liars are often rude, too.

Frankly, my mistrust of Donald is that I think he's a toom tabard...and empty coat.  I'm afraid he's all boom, with no stuff in him.

This tiff with Fox News, and particularly Megyn Kelly, is most telling.  First debate, she hits him with a couple of tough questions...the kind of thing you expect in a prizefight if one pugilist fancies himself a heavyweight.  Whoa...all he does the next six months is whine and cry about how hurt he is.

Now...he's afraid to confront her.  He's actually afraid.  Oh, he claims she has not comported herself in a polite fashion...this kind of PC from the arsehole who says captured soldiers should be ashamed of themselves???

The guy's a phony.  But so are the people who support him.  The more Republicans that want to indulge this Toys-R-Us clown, the more Democrats will cheer when they win (once again).

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:All I am saying is, I like honesty and despise liars.

I understand that eddie, but I can hardly admire honesty, when that honesty is very ugly.

I can. I can admire honesty even if what is honest, is ugly, in my opinion.
Becasue beauty of anything, including opnion, is in the eye of the beholder (or listener)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I can. I can admire honesty even if what is honest, is ugly,  in my opinion.
Becasue beauty of anything, including opnion, is in the eye of the beholder (or listener)

hmmm, again each to their own

I do not mind people being up front, but vile and nasty?
Different all together, as you can speak your mind saying how something is wrong without being nasty

Do you see my point?

To me there is a difference

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:34 pm

Surely the point is that Trump has been upfront about banning Muslims or whatever. The issue isn't really whether he means it or not, the issue is how much support he's got based on what he's said. Now if people vote for him, that means one of three things.

First, they agree with him.

Second, they don't really care.

Third, the don't believe him anyway.

If it's either of the first two options, well that's democracy for you. You can judge those who vote for him, but you can't do much about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Yes but people can be misled through a fear Rags
They can also be easily manipulated, through a hope based on hate
Its not as clear sounding as you are making out

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:44 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I can. I can admire honesty even if what is honest, is ugly,  in my opinion.

hmmm, again each to their own

I do not mind people being up front, but vile and nasty?
Different all together, as you can speak your mind saying how something is wrong without being nasty

Do you see my point?

To me there is a difference

Oh I see your point.
I guess I simply advocate free speech and that means being able to say what you want whether it's "nice" or not
Amd anyway, all opinion on what someone says is very subjective.

I don't like Trump, I think I've made that clear, but I do have to appreciate the fact he's being honest even in the face of harsh and open adversity.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Didge wrote:Yes but people can be misled through a fear Rags
They can also be easily manipulated, through a hope based on hate
Its not as clear sounding as you are making out

At some point you simply have to accept that people vote the way they want to vote and that they are in full possession of their senses. There's no way to know if they're supporting him because of fear or not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next