NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more!

4 posters

Go down

Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! Empty Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more!

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:37 pm

PPP's new Texas poll finds a relatively tight race, at least on the curve of recent Presidential election results in the state. Donald Trump leads with 44% to 38% for Hillary Clinton, 6% for Gary Johnson, 2% for Jill Stein, and less than half a percent (0) for Evan McMullin. In a head to head contest Trump leads Clinton 50-44 in the state, which Mitt Romney won by 16 points in 2012.

A Democratic victory in Texas this year remains a stretch but within the numbers there are signs of Democrats being positioned to become seriously competitive there in the years ahead. Trump's lead is based entirely on his holding a 63-33 advantage among seniors. With voters under 65, Clinton leads him 49-45. And when you look just specifically at voters under 45, Clinton leads Trump 60-35.

Older voters are overwhelmingly responsible for the Republican advantage in Texas, and generational change is likely to help Democrats become more competitive.

Now, that's remarkable in and of itself. But if you delve deeper into the poll, check out the almost beautifully insane responses of Texas senior citizens Republicans:

▪ If Hillary Clinton wins, it will be because the election was rigged (71 percent).

▪ If it’s rigged, the blame might go to the progressive group ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), even though that group went out of business in 2010 (60 percent).

▪ If Clinton wins, Trump voters and Texas Republicans as a whole say Texas should secede from the U.S. (57 percent).

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_TX_81616.pdf
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! Empty Re: Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more!

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:09 pm

I used to think Trump would win but I think people are too scared to vote for him. He'll bring nothing but war IMO.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! Empty Re: Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more!

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:12 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
PPP's new Texas poll finds a relatively tight race, at least on the curve of recent Presidential election results in the state. Donald Trump leads with 44% to 38% for Hillary Clinton, 6% for Gary Johnson, 2% for Jill Stein, and less than half a percent (0) for Evan McMullin. In a head to head contest Trump leads Clinton 50-44 in the state, which Mitt Romney won by 16 points in 2012.

A Democratic victory in Texas this year remains a stretch but within the numbers there are signs of Democrats being positioned to become seriously competitive there in the years ahead. Trump's lead is based entirely on his holding a 63-33 advantage among seniors. With voters under 65, Clinton leads him 49-45. And when you look just specifically at voters under 45, Clinton leads Trump 60-35.

Older voters are overwhelmingly responsible for the Republican advantage in Texas, and generational change is likely to help Democrats become more competitive.

Now, that's remarkable in and of itself. But if you delve deeper into the poll, check out the almost beautifully insane responses of Texas senior citizens Republicans:

▪ If Hillary Clinton wins, it will be because the election was rigged (71 percent).

▪ If it’s rigged, the blame might go to the progressive group ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), even though that group went out of business in 2010 (60 percent).

▪ If Clinton wins, Trump voters and Texas Republicans as a whole say Texas should secede from the U.S. (57 percent).

There's going to be as much trouble if he loses as there would be if he wins.  I'm fully expecting his followers to get violent, it's not as if it's against their nature after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:21 pm

sassy wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

▪️ If Hillary Clinton wins, it will be because the election was rigged (71 percent).

▪️ If it’s rigged, the blame might go to the progressive group ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), even though that group went out of business in 2010 (60 percent).

▪️ If Clinton wins, Trump voters and Texas Republicans as a whole say Texas should secede from the U.S. (57 percent).

There's going to be as much trouble if he loses as there would be if he wins.  I'm fully expecting his followers to get violent, it's not as if it's against their nature after all.

At least in Texas, I don't think enough of his supporters are of "fighting age" to do much harm Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Well, they could always chuck their zimmerframes about lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:18 pm

sassy wrote:Well, they could always chuck their zimmerframes about lol
Man, always late for the conversation ...do my reading and there's still nothing Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 3408175593  about 'zimmerframes' {translation please}  WTH is that?  Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 265384880

Hey, Ben ...are you seeing a lot of 'Trump & Pence' election signs around your area?
I've never seen this Republican region so VOID of any POTUS campaign signs - EVER! 
This is rather freaky ...I'm wondering if most of these Repugs will just avoid the entire issue and STAY HOME Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:50 pm

Zimmerframe:

Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! Image206

"A walker or walking frame is a tool for disabled or elderly people who need additional support to maintain balance or stability while walking. In the United Kingdom, a common equivalent term for a walker is Zimmer frame, a genericised trademark from Zimmer Holdings, a major manufacturer of such devices and joint replacement parts."

I think the pic might be photoshopped though. Wink
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:05 pm

eddie wrote:Zimmerframe:

"A walker or walking frame is a tool for disabled or elderly people who need additional support to maintain balance or stability while walking. In the United Kingdom, a common equivalent term for a walker is Zimmer frame, a genericised trademark from Zimmer Holdings, a major manufacturer of such devices and joint replacement parts."

Oh, my ...it's a WALKER; how on earth do they get 'Zimmer Frame' out of that purpose, it's a WALKER! 
But  Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 3406909858 ...wasn't sure it was some form of hearing apparatus that hung around their neck or was carried over their shoulder like a portable oxygen pump! 
Yipper, that's a fakery photo for sure Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:13 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
sassy wrote:Well, they could always chuck their zimmerframes about lol
Man, always late for the conversation ...do my reading and there's still nothing Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 3408175593  about 'zimmerframes' {translation please}  WTH is that?  Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 265384880

Hey, Ben ...are you seeing a lot of 'Trump & Pence' election signs around your area?
I've never seen this Republican region so VOID of any POTUS campaign signs - EVER! 
This is rather freaky ...I'm wondering if most of these Repugs will just avoid the entire issue and STAY HOME Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 202592697

I live in a pretty Republican neighborhood, and I've only seen two Trump signs. One disappeared and was not replaced, the other has practically fallen over and hasn't been straightened Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:27 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:Zimmerframe:

Oh, my ...it's a WALKER; how on earth do they get 'Zimmer Frame' out of that purpose, it's a WALKER! 
But  Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 3406909858 ...wasn't sure it was some form of hearing apparatus that hung around their neck or was carried over their shoulder like a portable oxygen pump! 

We're British. We just make stuff up lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I live in a pretty Republican neighborhood, and I've only seen two Trump signs. One disappeared and was not replaced, the other has practically fallen over and hasn't been straightened Laughing
Pretty telling for this over the top campaign season isn't it.

I've never seen anything like it before. rabbit
Back when there was still 16 on the GOP hopefuls stage ...we had 3 different flavored type signs showing up around this small town and not one Trump sign to be seen and as they continued to drop off those signs were not replaced with any other nominee signs for the GOP. 

Just really freaky Trump leads by just 6 points in Texas -- and there's more! 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 pm

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

We're British. We just make stuff up lol!

Well, you do have some unique turn of a phrase for what to call things! 
But I cut my teeth on 'Benny Hill' and his humor and I often got it wrong, so horribly wrong! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Benny Hill. Wow, he'd be considered so non-PC now!

Speaking of nutty campaigners with signs, I walk past a house where this old guy was campaigning for BREXIT and he had made posters and plastered his windows. He also made a homemade sign for the outside of his house - I think he'd made it out of a cereal box or something. When the vote came in he actually wrote, in pen on his cereal box sign "freedom! Independence!"

It's still there; faded and sad, at his front gate.

I'll take a pic of it for you both, next time I go by Laughing
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:29 am

eddie wrote:Benny Hill. Wow, he'd be considered so non-PC now!

Speaking of nutty campaigners with signs, I walk past a house where this old guy was campaigning for BREXIT and he had made posters and plastered his windows. He also made a homemade sign for the outside of his house - I think he'd made it out of a cereal box or something. When the vote came in he actually wrote, in pen on his cereal box sign "freedom! Independence!"

It's still there; faded and sad, at his front gate.

I'll take a pic of it for you both, next time I go by Laughing
We'd have some neighbor calling city hall to B & M about that ordinance violation had he not removed it right after the 'VOTE'.  I'm surprised he's allowed to leave it out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:34 am

Good ole Benny Hill. Still remember a sketch where he stood on the corner of a street with a cardboard sign which said..

Be alert

We need all the lerts we can get
Laughing

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:31 am

Ironically, Texas is one of the states about to flip from far right Repuglican to center-left Democrat with the up-and-coming Hispanic population.

Imagine Texas...in our corner. Wow! I'll bet Harris County defects.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down