NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note

2 posters

Go down

She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note  Empty She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Common courtesy and kindness to our fellow man takes nothing from us, but to another, it can make their day. This is a story from a college student, who went out of her way to talk to a homeless man. Before she left, he handed her a note...

image: http://www.sunnyskyz.com/uploads/2016/01/liou3-dunk.jpg
She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note  Liou3-dunk

Today I went to Dunkin' Donuts and saw a clearly homeless guy sitting on the side of the road and picking up change. Eventually I saw him stroll into Dunkin', as he was counting his change to buy something I began to get super annoying and talked to him over and over again even when he didn't really want to talk. Since he had maybe $1 in change I bought him a coffee and bagel and asked him to sit down with me. He told me a lot about how people are usually very mean to him because he's homeless, how drugs turned him into the person he hated, he lost his mom to cancer, he never knew his dad and he just wants to be someone his mom would be proud of (along with another hours worth of conversation.)
This lovely man's name was Chris and Chris was one of the most honest and sincere people I've ever met. After realizing I really need to get back to class, Chris asked me to wait so he can write something down for me. Handing me a crumpled up receipt he apologized for having shaky hand writing, smiled, and left. I opened his note and this was it:

image: http://www.sunnyskyz.com/uploads/2016/01/oonec-homeless-man-note.jpg
She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note  Oonec-homeless-man-note
Credit: Casey Fischer

"I wanted to kill myself today, because of u I now do not. Thank u, beautiful person."

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1230/She-Went-Out-Of-Her-Way-To-Converse-With-A-Homeless-Man-Before-She-Left-He-Handed-Her-This-Note#5fAHTpLIhYwot3hl.99

It really is true. A simple kind gesture of just talking to someone, where they must feel the world has deserted them, can really save lives.
Be Inspired, it does not take much time out of our lives to just stop, chat and help the Homeless.

Back to top Go down

She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note  Empty Re: She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Sad 

beautiful
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note  Empty Re: She Went Out Of Her Way To Converse With A Homeless Man. Before She Left, He Handed Her This Note

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:00 am

Something she'll keep for the rest of her life, that will mean more to her than any bagel and coffee ever could Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down