NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BUSTED: Sonny’s waitress fired for reporting sexual harassment caught the illegal firing on tape

3 posters

Go down

BUSTED: Sonny’s waitress fired for reporting sexual harassment caught the illegal firing on tape Empty BUSTED: Sonny’s waitress fired for reporting sexual harassment caught the illegal firing on tape

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:15 am

A North Carolina waitress was fired after telling supervisors at her restaurant that a manager groped her, WBTV-TV reports. Lauren Jones told the station she was a waitress at Sonny’s Barbecue in Charlotte for about a month when her manager came up behind her and grabbed her butt at the end of her shift. “I immediately turned around with my left elbow, and kind of surprisingly looked at him in his face, and said ‘What the hell do you think you’re doing?’” she told WBTV. Jones decided to report the incident to prevent it from happening again. “I specifically told him I’m not looking for a lawsuit, I’m not looking for anything. If we can handle in the four walls of Sonny’s, I’m ok with that,” she told the station. But what happened next surprised her. She was fired in a meeting with the restaurant’s general manager and Ed Tubel, who owns the Sonny’s franchise. The manager she accused of grabbing her was also present.

Jones made a recording of the meeting on her cell phone and gave it to Fox54.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/north-carolina-waitress-fired-after-telling-bosses-about-managers-sexual-harassment/

Back to top Go down

BUSTED: Sonny’s waitress fired for reporting sexual harassment caught the illegal firing on tape Empty Re: BUSTED: Sonny’s waitress fired for reporting sexual harassment caught the illegal firing on tape

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:29 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I hope their whole seedy little business gets taken down.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

BUSTED: Sonny’s waitress fired for reporting sexual harassment caught the illegal firing on tape Empty Re: BUSTED: Sonny’s waitress fired for reporting sexual harassment caught the illegal firing on tape

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:00 pm

An open admission, on tape. Can you ask for a case handed to you on a silver platter?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:26 pm

If the management hadn't behaved as they did, she wouldn't have taken it to court.  I hope she does.  Mysoginist twats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm

sassy wrote:If the management hadn't behaved as they did, she wouldn't have taken it to court.  I hope she does.  Mysoginist twats.

Well, if she doesn't go to court, the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission will have to file a Complaint in Federal Court, now that it has received the publicity.

Again, need I point out that it took place in a southern state? I tell you...it's pure evil in the southern US. This is the kind of thing we saw back in the 1970's. Now, only southerners are that stupid.

I might add, the plaintiff might not want to go jury on this one. It's a southern state, after all. Rather, a civil right case can be heard entirely by judge, and is subject to appeal and that could be the correct course. She may get more justice taking it to a professional, than leaving it to a jury of rednecks who will giggle over a game of grab-ass.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down