NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women

+6
Major
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 Empty Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

The mayor of Cologne has summoned police for crisis talks after about 80 women reported sexual assaults and muggings by men on New Year's Eve.
The scale of the attacks on women at the city's central railway station has shocked Germany. About 1,000 drunk and aggressive young men were involved. City police chief Wolfgang Albers called it "a completely new dimension of crime". The men were of Arab or North African appearance, he said. Women were also targeted in Hamburg. But the Cologne assaults - near the city's iconic cathedral - were the most serious, German media report. At least one woman was raped, and many were groped.

Most of the crimes reported to police were robberies. A volunteer policewoman was among those sexually molested.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

Back to top Go down

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 Empty Re: Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:30 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I don't think the victims invented anything...

The police are admitting the events too now after originally trying to down play things!

Tommy, it was New Years Eve.  There is always some partying.  Alcohol and festivities, and some excessive groping...that's the reason why I never go out on that night.

A careful review of the original article shows that there was nothing inordinate going on.  Same as every other New Years Eve.  The police give every indication of a normal NYE.  

Now, the shit-stirrers are claiming

that too little press attention was paid.  Ridiculous.  That doesn't even make sense.  The press wanna sell papers, not promote somebody's political agenda.   Self-censorship?  That's as counterintuitive as conservatives caring for people.  Believe me, if there were something to it, the press would have been all over it.

Same old, same old...

Yes same old, same old gibberish from the left.

This was organised by gangs.

Again the regressive left show why more and more people just simply do not even bother to listen to them when they invent nonsense to the actual facts.

More than 100 women and girls have come forward with reports of sexual assault and robbery by gangs of men in the German city of Cologne on New Year's Eve.
Victims have described chaos outside the city's main station, as the men carried out dozens of attacks with little apparent response from the authorities.
Correspondents say the identification of the attackers as North African or Arab in appearance has caused alarm in Germany because of the influx of more than a million migrants and refugees in the past year.
Some of the women caught in the violence have begun speaking of their ordeal.

'Surrounded by 20 to 30 men'

Media caption"Twenty or 30 men surrounded us and we couldn't even move anymore"
Michelle told the BBC News how she and her friends became surrounded by between 20 and 30 men, who were speaking a foreign language.

"They grabbed our arms... pushed our clothes away, and tried to get between our legs or I don't know where.
"They got everything we had in our pockets."
She said German police needed to provide more protection for women and girls.
"We are all really shocked that something like this could happen, especially at an event like New Year's Eve."

'I thought they could kill us, and nobody would notice'

Media caption"I thought if we stayed here, in this crowd, they could kill us ... and nobody would notice"
One woman, whose identity has been protected, told German television how gangs of men assaulted her in the crowd.
"All of a sudden these men around us began groping us," she said. "They touched our behinds and grabbed between our legs. They touched us everywhere.
"So my girlfriend wanted to get out of the crowd. When I turned around one guy grabbed my bag and ripped it off my body."
She said she felt in extreme danger, but there were no police officers to help.
"I thought to myself that if we stay here in this crowd they could kill us, they could rape us and nobody would notice. I thought we simply had to accept it.
"There was no one around us who helped or was in a position to help. All I wanted was to get out.
"I was scared that I wouldn't leave this crowd alive. I was scared that if someone showed up with a knife I could be raped in the middle of the street."

'They felt they could do anything'

Media caption"We wanted help .... the police were so understaffed they couldn't deal with it"
Once victim, named as Busra, spoke of a sense of lawlessness outside the station, where the attackers felt they could do as they pleased.
"They felt like they were in power and that they could do anything with the women who were out in the street partying," she said.
"They touched us everywhere. It was truly terrible."

'The scars will stay'

Media captionJenny describes what happened when a firecracker was put into her jacket hood
Jenny said she believed attackers put a firecracker into her hood to deliberately distract her while they stole her phone.
"I heard a sizzling sound in my hood I somehow tried to get it out of the hood," she said. "Then it fell into my jacket and burned everything.
"The scars will stay. I was lucky that it didn't explode.
"My mobile phone was gone afterwards. I think they did it on purpose so they could steal my phone."

'I was touched between my legs'

Image copyright EVN

Muriel described through tears how she was sexually assaulted by a large group of men.
"We were fondled, I was touched between my legs. My friends also were fondled," she said.
"There were quite a big group of people, maybe 30 or 40.
"You didn't know who to trust. You tried the whole time to push everyone else away from you."

'Trying to kiss us'

A British woman visiting Cologne said fireworks had been thrown at her by a group by men who spoke neither German nor English.
"They were trying to hug us, kiss us, make us walk with them. We refused," she told the BBC.
"One man stole my friend's bag. Another tried to get us into his 'private taxi'.
"I was scared. We all were scared.
"I will never go back to Cologne and... I've told my friends and family never to go there until this situation is under control."

'Police couldn't deal with this'

Image copyright Reuters

Many of the victims have described a lack of police officers on the streets, despite threatening crowds gathering outside the station.
"There were so many people there that I no longer was in control of myself where to go or how to defend myself," one woman, Evelin, told German television.
"We wanted help. We ran to these police cars but there was no one there.
"We know very well that the police at that moment were so understaffed that they couldn't deal with this, that we women had to go through something like that."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35250903

Back to top Go down

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 Empty Re: Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Some of those involved in a series of sexual assaults against women in the German city of Cologne on New Year’s Eve claimed to be Syrian refugees, according to a leaked police report. The outbreak of violence was also far more serious than previously thought, and at one point senior police officers feared “there could have been fatalities”.
Two publications have released what they claim is an internal report by a senior officer who was at the scene. If confirmed, the report could have far-reaching consequences for Angela Merkel’s government as it tries to deal with the aftermath of the assaults.

Ministers have said there is no evidence asylum seekers were involved in the violence.
But the leaked police report, published in Bild newspaper and Spiegel, a news magazine, claims that one of those involved told officers: “I am Syrian. You have to treat me kindly. Mrs Merkel invited me.”
Another tore up his residence permit before the eyes of police, and told them: “You can’t do anything to me, I can get a new one tomorrow.”
A local newspaper reported that fifteen asylum-seekers from Syria and Afghanistan were briefly held by police on New Year's Eve in connection with the sex attacks but were released.
The Express newspaper quoted an unnamed police officer who said his squad had detained several people who had "only been in Germany for a few weeks".
"Of these people, 14 were from Syria and one was from Afghanistan. That's the truth. Although it hurts," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12086473/Suspects-in-Cologne-sex-attacks-claimed-to-be-Syrian-refugees.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Didge wrote:Yes same old, same old gibberish from the left.

Not really from the left, right or center.  I decided to read the article contextually, and found that it had nothing based on substantiated fact.  The scale of attacks on women is shocking.  Hmmm...isn't all crime shocking?  How shocking was it this time? The article offers nothing substantial. It's all opinions and innuendos, and nothing unusual given a typical New Years Eve.  Read it yourself...it's all hearsay, guesstimates and personal opinions.  

Slow news day, I guess, because it's actually an opinion piece.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Not really from the left, right or center.  I decided to read the article contextually, and found that it had nothing based on substantiated fact.  The scale of attacks on women is shocking.  Hmmm...isn't all crime shocking?  How shocking was it this time?  The article offers nothing substantial.  It's all opinions and innuendos, and nothing unusual given a typical New Years Eve.  Read it yourself...it's all hearsay, guesstimates and personal opinions.  

And I have decided that most views you make these days are completely irrelevant and utterly removed from understanding any facts.
Again please do not even bother to post if you cannot back up anything with your views.
Its factual, over a 100 crimes reported, so not sure what you are reading because its clearly not of this world

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 pm

It is quite obvious to any sane person that Quill is not of this world, he lives in a small personal bubble where the troubles of this planet are barred from entry!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:49 pm

nicko wrote:It is quite obvious to any sane person that Quill is not of this world,  he lives in a small personal bubble where the troubles of this planet are barred from entry!

He is quite charming though. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:29 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Not really from the left, right or center.  I decided to read the article contextually, and found that it had nothing based on substantiated fact.  The scale of attacks on women is shocking.  Hmmm...isn't all crime shocking?  How shocking was it this time?  The article offers nothing substantial.  It's all opinions and innuendos, and nothing unusual given a typical New Years Eve.  Read it yourself...it's all hearsay, guesstimates and personal opinions.  

And I have decided that most views you make these days are completely irrelevant and utterly removed from understanding any facts.
Again please do not even bother to post if you cannot back up anything with your views.
Its factual, over a 100 crimes reported, so not sure what you are reading because its clearly not of this world

I am beginning to think Quill is in a wind up. Seriously.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Syl wrote:
nicko wrote:It is quite obvious to any sane person that Quill is not of this world,  he lives in a small personal bubble where the troubles of this planet are barred from entry!

Oh well. Each to their own Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:26 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh well. Each to their own Shocked

Laughing

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I don't think the victims invented anything...

The police are admitting the events too now after originally trying to down play things!

Tommy, it was New Years Eve.  There is always some partying.  Alcohol and festivities, and some excessive groping...that's the reason why I never go out on that night.

A careful review of the original article shows that there was nothing inordinate going on.  Same as every other New Years Eve.  The police give every indication of a normal NYE.  

Now, the shit-stirrers are claiming that too little press attention was paid.  Ridiculous.  That doesn't even make sense.  The press wanna sell papers, not promote somebody's political agenda.   Self-censorship?  That's as counterintuitive as conservatives caring for people.  Believe me, if there were something to it, the press would have been all over it.

Same old, same old...

Read the articles I posted. ..

The German police tried to hide it and the pc German media didn't talk about it either... it's only that others did and it became known about that the police had to change their story and others had to report on it.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Quill, come into the light son, and see what's going on!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Didge wrote:Again please do not even bother to post if you cannot back up anything with your views.

I always back up my posts with my views.  Indeed, if I don't have a view I don't bother to post.

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 Cb233170657c7d059f3da3f5af5e40eb

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Now, the shit-stirrers are claiming that too little press attention was paid.  Ridiculous.  That doesn't even make sense.  The press wanna sell papers, not promote somebody's political agenda.   Self-censorship?  That's as counterintuitive as conservatives caring for people.  Believe me, if there were something to it, the press would have been all over it.

Same old, same old...

Read the articles I posted. ..

The German police tried to hide it and the pc German media didn't talk about it either... it's only that others did and it became known about that the police had to change their story and others had to report on it.

There is no evidence that the police were hiding it, and there's no evidence that the media ignored it. Somebody started a rumor, and now there's all this clucking about it. This is typical of the way conspiracy theories get started.

Don't panic folks...Chicken Little was mistaken.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:43 pm

The Sky Has fallen on some German Women,not that you would notice stuck in your bubble.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Again please do not even bother to post if you cannot back up anything with your views.

I always back up my posts with my views.  Indeed, if I don't have a view I don't bother to post.

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 Cb233170657c7d059f3da3f5af5e40eb

Well as seen all you have tried to do so far is deny such crminal activity took place and that well over 100 female victims must be lying to you.

Now I have made no view based on race or religion, other than allowing people in unchecked has had its consequences.
Now of course you can continue to act with the immaturity of a 2 year old spoiling this thread, or showing some manners and debate the thread or leace others to debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Well as seen all you have tried to do so far is deny such crminal activity took place and that well over 100 female victims must be lying to you.

Now I have made no view based on race or religion, other than allowing people in unchecked has had its consequences.
Now of course you can continue to act with the immaturity of a 2 year old spoiling this thread, or showing some manners and debate the thread or leace others to debate.

What I've done is less even than that. I've pointed out to a stumbling, bumbling journalist somewhere, how to build a story with facts, not rhetoric.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:

What I've done is less even than that.  I've pointed out to a stumbling, bumbling journalist somewhere, how to build a story with facts, not rhetoric.

Not from where I am reading have you done any such thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:

What I've done is less even than that.  I've pointed out to a stumbling, bumbling journalist somewhere, how to build a story with facts, not rhetoric.

But by now you've become a true believer...you have to defend you position.  But to an unbiased reader, I've shown the story to be completely unsubstantiated.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:

But by now you've become a true believer...you have to defend you position.  But to an unbiased reader, I've shown the story to be completely unsubstantiated.

I have made many points, of which none of which you have addressed but came on thinking you were funny and actually come across in the complete opposite way.
Read back on my points if you want to address them, not offer up feeble excuses

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:36 pm

To respond would be gratuitous.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Best you go back and then tackle my points

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Quill has as much credibility as PETA Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Syl wrote:

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 1069003512 Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 1716015268

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - Page 3 1589716573

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Quill has as much credibility as PETA Rolling Eyes

Pick up your beer bottles, sweet pea.  Don't leave a mess!

Let's get back to the point of the thread.  Is this rambling detour into talking about me because y'all can't find an answer to my comments?  If so, victory accepted.

As a former university professor, occasionally I digress to criticize the work of my students when they hand in their term papers.  I give a lecture at the beginning of the term so they can't say their weren't forewarned.

There are two kinds of flaws that most junior level students make in their first efforts at essays: owing to my love of the bovine, I call them bull and cow.  'Bull' is short for bullshit, so we've got that one down, right?  Bull = overzealous conclusions without sufficient substantiation, or statements without fact.  The other is perhaps a bit more credible...I call it Cow: a lot of facts with no point to be made.  It's credible because at least someone was willing to do all that work, and yet forego the reward of coming to a point.  Ahhh...well.

In between these two honest perspectives is a devious ploy: substituting adjectives for nouns.  For example, we might say something factual: of the incidents reported that night, 6,780 of 7,000 were sexual assaults; or, we might say something loaded with value, but lacking in content: the police chief was shocked at the sexual assaults that night.  One says something about the real world; the other is really speaking to the state of mind of some person whom we don't know, but whom the writer wants us to be impressed by.  The latter is a contentless statement, posed to taken as fact.  It substitutes an adjective about someone's value state of mind, for real data or facts.

This whole article is of the latter ilk.  The clear agenda of the writer is to sensationalize the juxtaposition of crime and Muslims.  But he doesn't have any facts.  So he substitutes a few innuendos for facts, and voilà, we've made up a groundless story.  Someone is pandering to the fears of the ignorant, and hoping that the same naiveté will cover his logical sleight-of-hand.  

Just thought I would pass on a bit of what I taught in Political Ideology 101.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:01 pm

So Quill calls the article bull, even though the Cologne Cheif of Police has been removed and it is now even taken seriously by the German Chancellor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12090750/German-law-should-be-toughened-to-ease-deportation-of-migrants-says-Angela-Merkel.html

I think its easy to see Quill that it is you that is in this case being absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:06 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:So Quill calls the article bull, even though the Cologne Cheif of Police has been removed and it is now even taken seriously by the German Chancellor

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12090750/German-law-should-be-toughened-to-ease-deportation-of-migrants-says-Angela-Merkel.html

I think its easy to see Quill that it is you that is in this case being absurd.

You have just substituted an adjective--absurd--for anything of a serious and substantial nature.  This is your state-of-mind, but, really, it's irrelevant to the discussion.

And again, why are we offered the state-of-mind of the German Chancellor instead of addressing the underlying issue?  Haven't you got any facts at all?

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Becuase she is the leader and representative of Germany.
You have offered nothing for your position except proving you are a regressive lefty. Again you are just an American out of touch with life in Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:16 pm

HE'S still in his bubble didge!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:20 pm

nicko wrote:HE'S still in his bubble didge!

I do not mind, as my resolve is far greater than his when speaking the truth.

Have you saved some of us some birthday cake?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Becuase she is the leader and representative of Germany.

Well, whoopee-doo. This is the part where we are supposed to be impressed? And in our naiveté we are supposed to overlook the fact that there are no facts to be offered!!

Richard The Lionheart wrote:You have offered nothing for your position except proving you are a regressive lefty. Again you are just an American out of touch with life in Europe.

Attacking the messenger only underscores the point that your original brief is without content. Your argument is vacuous, so you think by destroying the voice, you make the person go away. But there's something about truth that sticks in one's craw. People catch on.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:30 pm

So you keep claiming Quillm when it has been you thoughout attacking people for their views on here, making a joke of the whole matter where countless women have been sexually abused on one night and this seems to be only the tip of the iceberg. IT seems evident, based on the evidence I presented early that many migrants have jumped on the bandwagon off the latest refugee crisis in Syria. This is evident by the large number of single young men. Now you can keep ignoring this and in no way have I once stated to deny refugees, but there clearly has been a problem allowing in large numbers of people unchecked, no matter how badly you try to deny this

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:So you keep claiming Quillm when it has been you thoughout attacking people for their views on here, making a joke of the whole matter where countless women have been sexually abused on one night and this seems to be only the tip of the iceberg. IT seems evident, based on the evidence I presented early that many migrants have jumped on the bandwagon off the latest refugee crisis in Syria. This is evident by the large number of single young men. Now you can keep ignoring this and in no way have I once stated to deny refugees, but there clearly has been a problem allowing in large numbers of people unchecked, no matter how badly you try to deny this

As I've said so often, this isn't about me!  The point I am making would exist even if I were not here to make it.  It has an existence all of it's own.  That's why I say, truth has a way of sticking in everyone's craw.

This was a story without content or facts, made to associate crime with Muslims.  In America, where racism is far more advanced than in Europe, we have the advantage of having been there, done that...we've seen this same form of argument before.  They never bother with facts...to go straight to talking about how shocked everyone is...  Then go straight to the point about how the recent influx of Muslims has 'changed the environment', or words to that effect...  Finally, you end the piece by saying that the perpetrators were of dark skin and appeared to be African or Middle Eastern.

Now, if you really want to put icing on the cake, you do what they do in Alabama or Georga...somewhere in the deep south.  That is, you make the story about the violation of our pretty, white girls...you say something raw, like: "countless women hve been sexually abused on one night" and you throw in the innuendo that it "seems to be only the tip of the iceberg."  OMG...the negros are coming to take our women!!!!!  Grab your guns...I'll meet you at the church in Charleston!

As I say...Americans have been there, done that.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:07 pm

You just keep repeating the same tired unfounded claims Quill and I am not entertaining your absurd views any longer on this thread.
At lest Ben had a decent debate on this, you just invent things and claims denial, which you are entittled to but has no bases for any of your claims
I have not said anything about Muslims on this thread, which just shows how you indeed invent things not even stated.
Sorry but you had your chancve and just offered me nonsense

Time to allow others a view, as yours was utterly ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:57 pm

My goodness you are pompous and opinionated.  But you seem to reserve your best for those who best trump your arguments...Ben and me.  I'm flattered.

Didge wrote:I have not said anything about Muslims on this thread, which just shows how you indeed invent things not even stated.

The point about Muslims and dark skinned perpetrators was in your own original article, which perhaps you neglected to read: "The men were of Arab or North African appearance, [Chief Albers] said."  Referring to the newly arrived refugees, he called it "a completely new dimension of crime"

But you had already made this connection, hadn't you?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm

That was the discription given by the victims.
The horror, now Quill has issue with how the victims describe their attackers and this is used as evidence to claim to rubbish an article

Like I say you keep spouting nonsense

Last edited by Richard The Lionheart on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Didge, Great Grandson brought me I fairy cake with I candle in it, I ended up letting him eat it!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:09 pm

nicko wrote:Didge,  Great Grandson brought me I fairy cake with I candle in it,    I ended up letting him eat it!

That is really sweet Nicko.
Hope you are having a great day and I think you just made his day also  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:That was the discription given by the victims.
The horror, now Quill has issue with how the victims describe their attackers and this is used as evidence to claim to rubbish an article

No actually, that was the description picked up by the writer, of whom I have the most criticism. The author is the one who cherry-picks among all of the elements to include in his story, to present to us. Perhaps some witnesses called them tall. Perhaps other witnesses called them heavy. But our writer quoted only those who chose to call them "Arab or North African." That's how you slant an article.

You can't fall back and call the article passive when the very point I'm making is that the entire piece is biased.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Richard The Lionheart wrote:That was the discription given by the victims.

No actually, that was the description picked up by the writer, of whom I have the most criticism.  The author is the one who cherry-picks among all of the elements to include in his story, to present to us.  Perhaps some witnesses called them tall.  Perhaps other witnesses called them heavy.  But our writer quoted only those who chose to call them "Arab or North African."  That's how you slant an article.

You can't fall back and call the article passive when the very point I'm making is that the entire piece is biased.

I suggest you read back at the testimonies provided by the victims
Again you seem to be going off something trivial as the main bases for you3r reasoning here, a discription of the attckers. This article is very similar to others on the issuue here, which you have tried to poorly downplay

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:

No actually, that was the description picked up by the writer, of whom I have the most criticism.  The author is the one who cherry-picks among all of the elements to include in his story, to present to us.  Perhaps some witnesses called them tall.  Perhaps other witnesses called them heavy.  But our writer quoted only those who chose to call them "Arab or North African."  That's how you slant an article.

I suggest you read back at the testimonies provided by the victims
Again you seem to be going off something trivial as the main bases for you3r reasoning here, a discription of the attckers. This article is very similar to others on the issuue here, which you have tried to poorly downplay

Don't try to avoid the subject. What we are discussing is a biased article, which cherry-picks certain elements of the story to make an untrue picture appear true. I can give you fact after fact, and the pattern becomes clear. Right now we are discussing one part of that pattern... the raising of "Arabs and Africans" to pose a threat to our pretty, white women...a classic race-baiting narrative designed to rile up the white, European reader.

It's simple stuff, really. Read in between the lines.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:54 pm

No you are trying to direct this debate based off something trivial and not even looking at the facts, this is what lefties do when shown up for their poor reasoning as you have been here.

Even the left wing BBC says exactly the same as the Telegraph:

More than 100 women and girls have come forward with reports of sexual assault and robbery by gangs of men in the German city of Cologne on New Year's Eve.
Victims have described chaos outside the city's main station, as the men carried out dozens of attacks with little apparent response from the authorities.
Correspondents say the identification of the attackers as North African or Arab in appearance has caused alarm in Germany because of the influx of more than a million migrants and refugees in the past year.
Some of the women caught in the violence have begun speaking of their ordeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35250903

I am interested in the facts of the problem that has been caused by an open door policy. Your trivil matter on how an article has been written has utterly no relevance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Didge wrote:No you are trying to direct this debate based off something trivial and not even looking at the facts, this is what lefties do when shown up for their poor reasoning as you have been here.

“Trivial?” “Show up?” “Poor reasoning?” These are all value terms, designed to convey moral judgments, not facts. Looking at the facts means you take a subject, put it before you and inventory the facets of that subject, paying exclusive attention to the empirical object itself.

Here we are looking at a news article and pointing out how it skews the .import of the information by violating the rules of fair and full reporting. In effect, it misrepresents itself. It makes quantitative arguments, but rather than offering the numbers, it supports the claim with value words like “shocking”, etc. It makes a point of referring to “Arabs and Africans.” And it paints a picture of sweet little white girls being abused. It is the archetypal yellow journalism.

You can be the judge yourself…is that the kind of claim you would make? If so, we may all be forewarned.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Again you are fixated on something utterly trivial and of little to do with the debate
Again I am only interested in the problem at hand and how it needs to be dealt with. If you have an issue with the Telegraph I suggest you take it up with the press complaints division

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Again you are fixated on something utterly trivial and of little to do with the debate
Again I am only interested in the problem at hand and how it needs to be dealt with. If you have an issue with the Telegraph I suggest you take it up with the press complaints division

You think racism is trivial?  The claim I am making is that this article is designed to create, not report upon a racial incident.  It takes a normal New Years Eve's festivities, and rather than focusing on the general revelry, it focuses on "North Africans and Arabs", and abuse of white women, to try and make the claim that "the influx of more than a million migrants and refugees in the past year [read as Africans and Arabs]" is responsible.

This is how you 'cause' the news, not report on it.  Someone is trying to shit-stir trouble, and it ain't us...just telling the truth.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:41 pm

I see no racism by the Telegraph they like the BBC used the exact same words.
So claim to racism?

Groundless

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:I see no racism by the Telegraph they like the BBC used the exact same words.
So claim to racism?

Groundless

Yeah, but it's what they didn't tell you about that's interesting. It's a cherry-picked story.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:03 pm

nicko wrote:Quill, come into the light son,  and see what's going on!

He can't. He actually just can't.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:14 pm

this is why L/W ers have an arse hole....

so they can breathe with their heads in the sand....... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:17 pm

Lord Foul wrote:this is why L/W ers have an arse hole....

so they can breathe with their heads in the sand....... Laughing

Struggling to stay serious after that, brilliant

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:22 pm

The German official responsible for investigating the attacks on women in Cologne on New Year's Eve says the suspects were "almost exclusively" those with a migration background, mainly North African and Arab.

Ralf Jaeger accused Cologne police of making "serious mistakes".

More than 500 criminal complaints have been filed - 40% alleging sexual assault - relating to 31 December.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35280386
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next