NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how foreign doctors help us so much

Go down

how foreign doctors help us so much Empty how foreign doctors help us so much

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:38 pm

By ITV Correspondent Ben Chapman

A nurse has described the moment medical staff were told not to resuscitate a little boy, after a doctor made a "mistake".

The recollection of events was given as Dr Hadiza Bawa Garba and two nurses stood trial for manslaughter amid allegations that six-year-old Jack Adcock died at Leicester Royal Infirmary in February 2011 as a result of gross negligence.

Jack's mother, Nicola Adcock, wept in court as a nurse described how Dr Bawa Garba ordered a crash team not to resuscitate Jack when he went into cardiac arrest.

Katherine Ramsden told the court: "Partway through, Dr Bawa Garba said 'this patient is not for resuscitation'.

"His mum was brought into the room. She was very distressed at this point and screaming a lot. She was shouting, stressed and crying, asking if Jack was going to die."

Ms Ramsden had taken over the care of Jack from another nurse, Isabel Amaro, about an hour earlier.

"The crash team started to back away and I shouted 'this was not handed over to me'.

"Then the doctor realised her mistake and said to me 'he can have everything', and resuscitation continued."

From http://www.itv.com/news/2015-10-07/mum-was-screaming-when-medics-were-ordered-off-dying-boy/

Back to top Go down

how foreign doctors help us so much Empty Re: how foreign doctors help us so much

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:33 pm

Of course, most foreign doctors don't do things like this Rolling Eyes Most of the doctors I've ever had were foreign-born and they've taken great care of me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

how foreign doctors help us so much Empty Re: how foreign doctors help us so much

Post by Guest Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 am

yeah, but its not the only incident of its sort......not a mere one off ...which I could "forgive" in a manner of speaking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down