NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them

+3
Fuzzy Zack
nicko
eddie
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Empty Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:10 am

A doctor has warned parents against kissing their children on the lips, arguing it is “too sexual”. Many parents will see it as a simple sign of parental affection, but Dr Charlotte Reznick has warned the move is an erogenous zone which “can be stimulating” and subsequently cause confusion for children. The author of ‘The Power of Your Child’s Imagination: How to Transform Stress and Anxiety Into Joy and Success’,  told The Sun that children might associate kissing with sexual or romantic activity between parents and then wonder why their parents were engaging in the same activity with them too. She says it might cause a child to think: “If mommy kisses daddy on the mouth and vice versa, what does that mean, when I, a little girl or boy, kiss my parents on the mouth.”

The suggestion has been derided by other child psychologists who say there is no harm in such displays of affection. Clinical psychologist Sally-Anne McCormack told the newspaper: “There is absolutely no way that kissing a young child on the lips is confusing for them in any way. “That’s like saying breastfeeding is confusing. Some people might have issues with it, but it isn’t any more sexual than giving a baby a back rub.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/parents-warned-kissing-children-on-the-lips-is-too-sexual-and-could-confuse-them-10464862.html

Have to agree with the other Pyschologist Sally-Anne MCCormack that this claim is way over the top, but what do others think?

Back to top Go down

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Empty Re: Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them

Post by eddie Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:43 am

Ridiculous!!!! Absolutely ridiculous!!!
Zoom we won't be able to get our children washed and dressed and will be forbidden to touch them.

We will all walk about like unaffectionate, brainwashed idiots.

The future of robots is looking more and more likely; we will not have actual robots but will turn into them!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Empty Re: Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them

Post by nicko Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Nothing wrong with that, unless "tongues" are involved Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:02 pm

It was meant as a joke, but seeing as you are a humourless dick head you took the opertunity to have a another go at me, as you do with a lot of my posts. I don't really care as you are just a prat!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:03 pm

I think it depends. 24-year-old dad and 4-year-old daughter? Precious. 37-year-old dad and 17-year-old daughter? That's kind of weird to me, I have to admit -- I think it's appropriate only for younger kids.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Paedo you call me, that's what you Muslims are good at I thought. I'D smack you in the mouth if met you.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:42 pm

nicko wrote:Paedo you call me, that's what you Muslims are good at I thought. I'D smack you in the mouth if met you.

Do not allow him to wind you up and it just further proves his views he has on serving or former British soldiers which is why I think he targets you Nicko. Which sort of answers your other question on the other thread as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:55 pm

The reason why kissing is considered sexual is because the region is a sexual receptor for pheromones.

Wiki wrote:Pheromones have evolved in all animal phyla, to signal sex and dominance status, and are responsible for stereotypical social and sexual behaviour among members of the same species. In mammals, these chemical signals are believed to be detected primarily by the vomeronasal organ (VNO), a chemosensory organ located at the base of the nasal septum.

The VNO is the upper lip and the lower mask of the face (beneath the eye sockets). The mask of the face is inevitably involved in all manner of lovemaking.

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Kissing_chest-300x300

Small wonder that it comes up when kissing your kids goodbye as they go off to school.

Most parents deflect by kissing the kid on the cheek or forehead.  I remember growing up that families of some of my friends used to kiss on the mouth, and I thought it strange and icky  (coming from a NE Scotch Calvinist upbringing).  I had no problem with a snuggle or a cheek buss.  But a father-to-son plant on the lips was just too weird.

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think it depends. 24-year-old dad and 4-year-old daughter? Precious. 37-year-old dad and 17-year-old daughter? That's kind of weird to me, I have to admit -- I think it's appropriate only for younger kids.
What he said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
nicko wrote:Paedo you call me, that's what you Muslims are good at I thought. I'D smack you in the mouth if met you.

No, you wouldn't.  

How tough are you to pick on a person chair bound, suffering COPD who is 74.
In his day he would have chewed you up and spat you out, so behave.

Wow, you are just starting for the sake of starting, he meant no ill by what he said and like I say I am more convinced you are targeting him because he as a former British soldier.

Grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:03 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Do not allow him to wind you up and it just further proves his views he has on serving or former British soldiers which is why I think he targets you Nicko. Which sort of answers your other question on the other thread as well.

More gutless lying and misrepresentation.

Show me one post of mine where I said something against British soldiers.

Exactly, you can't.

I don't target any person on here. I target posts. How many posts of Nicko's do I reply to. So your accusation I target him is utterly baseless. As are most of your assumptions.

Actually I can when you attack him daily calling him a savage, even though your use of words is so idiotic when the words is so subjective.
This is how spats starts because as seen you like stirring, so again

Grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

How tough are you to pick on a person chair bound, suffering COPD who is 74.
In his day he would have chewed you up and spat you out, so behave.

Wow, you are just starting for the sake of starting, he meant no ill by what he said and like I say I am more convinced you are targeting him because he as a former British soldier.

Grow up

Stop whining like you're his bitch.

Who made a threat of physical violence? Was it me? HA HA!

So now you use offense terms with are sexually derogatory to women.

I do not blame him for doing so, you are that annoying, though if anyone did beat the crap out of you which is not hard lets face it they would end up being done for a hate crime as you would pull the racism card. Some of us have served time for beating the crap out of idiots, and you have not even been promoted to idiot yet, you are that pathetic

Seriously grow up, you are that pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

So now you use offense terms with are sexually derogatory to women.

I do not blame him for doing so, you are that annoying, though if anyone did beat the crap out of you which is not hard lets face it they would end up being done for a hate crime as you would pull the racism card. Some of us have served time for beating the crap out of idiots, and you have not even been promoted to idiot yet, you are that pathetic

Seriously grow up, you are that pathetic

After all your self-righteousness on this board, you just condoned physical violence.

What a glorious day! HA HA! You hypocrite - proved. ;-)

No wonder you and Nicko get along. You've been in prison for savagery. Lol!

Let me know when you upgrade me. You know where I am.

Oh please I am not going to spend 10 years for some muggy skinny little runt who as stated before brings a knife and ten mates to a fight, even then you would all shit yourselves.
When you become a man, then you can come and see me.

Like I say you like picking on OAP's and you run a care home, which does question your ability to look after the elderly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Oh please I am not going to spend 10 years for some muggy skinny little runt who as stated before brings a knife and ten mates to a fight, even then you would all shit yourselves.
When you become a man, then you can come and see me.

Like I say you like picking on OAP's and you run a care home, which does question your ability to look after the elderly.

Sounds like your scared and making excuses.

And why do I want to come and see you? I don't want to harm you. I'm not a savage.

I will say one last thing: I may not like you Phil but that's because who you are as a person on this forum. Your views don't aggravate me to the point of violence. I have no interest in hurting you.

But you clearly have some hate issues (perhaps with me), or what I said wouldn't lead to violent threats.  You need help.

Ye offer me to come up and fight you, talk about a contradiction.
I have no feelings either way on you
Again there is nothing stopping you coming to see me and as stated before when sexy mama met up with you when you offered her out you turned up mob handed, which shows you are a gutless wimp.
I have no hate issues, I just think you are that much of an idiot.
Your understanding of the word savage is also comical as its a natural reaction to fight within many animal species. We even have made a sport out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Although I'm more of a lover than a fighter, I 'love' defending myself.

Any time you grow a pair to follow up on your threats,....

lol happy to give you my address anytime you like that you think your brave enough.
Like I say you threaten to slice posters necks before on sky, we all remember and like any extremist Muslim you will have all your buddies there to do your dirty work

So put up or shut up you prat

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:42 pm

" I'm a lover not a fighter" your 5ft 5inch's, weight 6 stone and as ugly as sin, " I'm a lover" excuse me while I laugh. Don't bother with him didge he just wishes he was a real man!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:45 pm

nicko wrote:" I'm a lover not a fighter"   your 5ft 5inch's,  weight 6 stone and as ugly as sin, " I'm a lover" excuse me while I laugh.    Don't bother with him didge he just wishes he was a real man!      

Wisw words Nicko.

Hope you have a good evening.

Might be back on later

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
nicko wrote:Nothing wrong with that,    unless "tongues"       are involved Laughing

I was wondering which sick fucker would be stupid enough to actually type that joke on a forum.

You win.

Keep your sick Paedo thoughts to yourself.

Stop that! He was only joking.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:31 pm

As kids we always kissed family members on the lips to say goodbye or goodnight.  My nieces do the same now.  

Nothing wrong with that and certainly nothing sexual Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Faint_11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:31 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

lol happy to give you my address anytime you like that you think your brave enough.
Like I say you threaten to slice posters necks before  on sky, we all remember and like any extremist Muslim you will have all your buddies there to do your dirty work

So put up or shut up you prat

You threaten me and you want me to come a see you. Lol! Even you can see how illogical that is. Pure and utter cowardice.

Copout alert.

I did not threaten you in any instance here which shows how pathetic you are.

Saying what would happen is not a threat but a fact.

So again its you running scared now ha ha ha ha ha ha

The thing that makes me laugh is ytou thinking some martial arts is better than learning to fight on the streets like I did and believe me I do not fight fair, so again say the word and I will give you my address, you already have my number but have been too gutless to call.

Like I said put up ir shut up son, its that simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:33 pm

feelthelove wrote:As kids we always kissed family members on the lips to say goodbye or goodnight.  My nieces do the same now.  

Nothing wrong with that and certainly nothing sexual Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Faint_11

Agreed I think sadly some psychologists get over paranoid as they have done here

Last edited by Cuchulain on Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Copout alert.

I did not threaten you in any instance here which shows how pathetic you are.

Saying what would happen is not a threat but a fact.

So again its you running scared now ha ha ha ha ha ha

The thing that makes me laugh is ytou thinking some martial arts is better than learning to fight on the streets like I did and believe me I do not fight fair, so again say the word and I will give you my address, you already have my number but have been too gutless to call.

Like I said put up ir shut up son, its that simple

Lol! I was wondering when the martial arts excuse would come out.

Is that why you're scared?

Nothing wrong with being scared. Just don't make threats you can't back up.

Ha ha
That just makes it even more fun, as have had many idiot martial arts think they are tough and once on the floor begging not to be hit.

Well being as you are now stalling and are too chicken to come down when you claim you can defend yourself its very obvious you are shitting yourself.

You have my number so what is stopping you?

Buck buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
feelthelove wrote:As kids we always kissed family members on the lips to say goodbye or goodnight.  My nieces do the same now.  

Agreed I think sadly some phycologists get over paranoid as they have done here

It's sad Didge, something so innocent Sad x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:37 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Agreed I think sadly some phycologists get over paranoid as they have done here

What is even worse is then its going to then make some parents believe this and wrongly judge other parents for doing so.
That is the real danger and sad reality of these views I think.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Lol! I was wondering when the martial arts excuse would come out.

Is that why you're scared?

Nothing wrong with being scared. Just don't make threats you can't back up.

Ha ha
That just makes it even more fun, as have had many idiot martial arts think they are tough and once on the floor begging not to be hit.

Well being as you are now stalling and are too chicken to come down when you claim you can defend yourself its very obvious you are shitting yourself.

Buck buck

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Off_to10 Take it to PM perhaps? Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Pretty10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:39 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Ha ha

Buck buck

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Off_to10 Take it to PM perhaps? Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Pretty10

That is fair FTL and repect a valid suggestion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Ha ha

Buck buck

You do know the difference between making threats (as you are doing) and defending oneself?

Coming over to you is a threat. I have no interest in hurting you.

You on the otherhand are cleary pissed and would like to see me beaten up. You've admitted so above. But then cop out with your usual excuses. How long before you beg admin to ban you for breaking forum rules (as you did last time you threatened me)?

Look I am bored with your drivel and trying to look tough on here.
The fact is you are not.
Now stop using the forum to look big.
You would never hurt me in a million years.

Take this up via PM if you want to continue sounding tough and stop spoiling this debate as you already did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Thank_12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Look I am bored with your drivel and trying to look tough on here.
The fact is you are not.
Now stop using the forum to look big.
You would never hurt me in a million years.

Take
this up via PM if you want to continue sounding tough and stop spoiling this debate as you already did.

Lol! Who is acting tough? You made the threats.

What part of "I don't want to hurt" do you find hard to understand?

Are you that thick?

I never made one single threat.

I see you are now too gutless to take this up via PM and want to look tough to other posters which just proves how pathetic you are.

If you do not PM me, then I know this is all bravado bullshit and not going to fuel this any further and spoil for the debate for others here because you attention starved.

So the ball is in your court

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:53 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Thank_12

Sorry FTL am, not going to respond to anymore now, he can PM me and again sorry for fueling this.

My apologiese

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:57 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Sorry FTL am, not going to respond to anymore now, he can PM me and again sorry for fueling this.

My apologiese

No need to apologise.  It's Friday night, the start of the weekend.  Time for some fun!  Laughing

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:58 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

My apologiese

No need to apologise.  It's Friday night, the start of the weekend.  Time for some fun!  Laughing

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12 Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  Cheerl12

Parents warned kissing children on the lips is 'too sexual' and could confuse them  1716015268

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

What is even worse is then its going to then make some parents believe this and wrongly judge other parents for doing so.
That is the real danger and sad reality of these views I think.

x

Bumped to get the debate on track.
Please ignore the background noise it will get bored in the end when starved of attention.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next