NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death

3 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death  - Page 8 Empty Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Diabetic David O'Mar, of Cardiff, was lying in a hospital bed with pneumonia when the DWP made its decision

A disabled dad died two weeks ­after being judged fit for work as he lay in hospital with pneumonia

Diabetic David O’Mar was stripped of his disability benefits in April after a work ­capability assessment for Iain Duncan Smith’s hated Department for Work and Pensions.

His daughter Alexandra believes he is one of the growing number of victims of brutal government policies.

She is calling on officials at the DWP – as well as Prime Minister David Cameron – to make good on their pledge to reveal how many deaths are linked to cuts.

David, 58, was bed-bound in hospital on the date of a tribunal to decide whether he should carry on getting ­disability benefits or was well enough to look for a job.

Despite family pleas to reschedule, the court ruled the former radio DJ fit for work.

He died of pneumonia on April 29.

Alexandra told the Sunday People.: “It ­definitely affected him. I think it’s ­disgusting they stopped somebody’s ­benefits who genuinely ­needed them.”

She is demanding the release of government ­statistics showing how many people have died within six weeks of being ruled fit for work and losing their benefits.

Mr Duncan Smith once claimed the figures did not even exist.

But in a climbdown this week, Mr Cameron told MPs that the data is “being prepared for publication as we speak”.

A string of deaths are feared to have been caused by cuts. Stephanie Bottrill, 53, of Solihull, West Midlands, killed herself in May 2013 and left a note ­blaming the bedroom tax.

She was worried about paying an extra £20 a week to stay in her home.

Diabetic David Clapson, 59, died of a lack of insulin after his Jobseeker’s Allowance was axed over a missed appointment.

The ex-soldier had just £3.44 in his bank and could not afford electricity to power the fridge where he kept vital doses.

As the Government prepares a further £12billion a year in ­welfare cuts, campaigners fear there are many more ­victims – including David O’Mar.

Before he fell ill the dad-of-three, of Cardiff, had a £400 bill from the council for unpaid rent after his housing benefit was cut.

He attended a job centre in March for a work ­capability test, which found he had “limited” ability to work and he had his £100-a-week Employment Support Allowance stopped from April 1.

David appealed but caught pneumonia shortly ­afterwards and was ­admitted to Llandough hospital, Cardiff.

He only found out the date of his appeal when his ­daughter went to pick up things from his flat and found a summons.

Shop worker Alexandra, 26, called the court and was
told to write ­requesting a postponement, which she did.

She said: “I explained the situation and he’d had notes from the doctors about his ­condition.

“But then I received a ­letter saying it wasn’t a good enough reason.

“My dad said: ‘Fine, wheel me into court on my bed then’. He had a great sense of humour. But it was hard to see him suffer with this on top.”

Later that week he had the letter saying his disability benefit had been cut.

David was well enough to ­return home for a few days and his mum Margaret Moore, 78, travelled from Somerset, where she lives with her ­partner, to care for him. Mrs Moore was optimistic he would recover in time for his 59th birthday on July 19.

But she said: “He couldn’t walk. He couldn’t see. He was in a ­terrible state.

“By the end of the week he was back in ­hospital then he just deteriorated. How was he supposed to work? Something has got to change for people like David.”

Divorced David was nicknamed Dai Poland because he once ran a radio station in the east European country.

When he returned to Wales in 2003 he worked as a football talent scout for Derby County and Burton Albion.

He also threw himself into charity work, collecting hundreds of football shirts to send to orphanages in Moldova and Ukraine for Christmas in 2012.

Alexandra added: “He had a great life, travelling around and helping kids.

“But I would still like some answers from the courts and the judge. Why did they think he could do ­anything? He could barely walk. I don’t want that to happen to anybody else.”

A DWP spokesman said: “Our thoughts are with Mr O’Mar’s family. It’s wrong to suggest a causal link between the death of an individual and their benefit claim.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/disabled-dad-told-fit-work-6093870#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death  - Page 8 Empty Re: Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:58 pm

eddie wrote:Okay this is descending into a silly tit for tat now

I did allow the digging at each other to stand as if I got too heavy people would moan... Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

But that's it. Get the thread on track or it's getting locked guys.

Now you know how "the button pusher" feels

Back to top Go down

Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death  - Page 8 Empty Re: Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:59 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I'm not stopping if those tag-teaming morons don't stop.
Disabled dad told he is fit to work TWO WEEKS before death  - Page 8 Images16

You're the one always pretending to be a victim Korban ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Ooohh!!!

Eddie!!!

I like it when you give the orders!!!

lol!

Night all... early start tomorrow!!!

I'm an iron fist in a velvet glove Tommy Cool

Night mate
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:00 am

So then, there's no proof that the man died because his benefits were withdrawn.

The end.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
yes you can keep saying that still does`t make it true it just makes you look pathetic

like a drowning mad woman scrambling for something to hold on to  

It is true though - as you well know.
yes it is true your drowning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

I'd like to see your evidence for that...Or rather , to be absolutely precise, evidence that what I do is anymore torture than a slaughterhouse, which, objectively it isnt...

see thats the difference between you and I

my world has a measure of pragmatism in it.....and at least I have the balls to shoot skin and gut my own meat......

AND i do take some meds that were animal tested, I'd rather there was a sensible alternative to that but thats still some way off yet (though the numbers of animal tests have dropped dramatically in the last 10 years, due to the use of tissue culture and computer models)

BUT YOU.....hypocrit   YOU take such meds, whilst calling me an abuser....

two faced old harridan

I bet you love to torture those rabbits before you kill them ...

yeah I chase em, and catch em by hand then I play steeleye span to em before I shoot em...they beg me to.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I seem to be fine - unlike you ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:02 am

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nope, she can't drown, the air in her head acts as a float, and the hole where she should have a heart lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:03 am

THREAD LOCKED
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8