NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay - Page 2 Empty Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay

Post by Eilzel Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

First of all, yes this is another Christian/gay thread, deal with it, don't read on if that bores you or upsets you  Cool

John Pavlovitz is an 18-year local church ministry veteran.

He is currently the pastor of a house church community called North Wake House Church, and also a volunteer at North Raleigh Community Church.

He is married to wife, Jennifer, and has two young children, Noah and Selah. He’s also a keen blogger, and a blog that he posted last week – entitled ‘If I Have Gay Children: Four Promises From A Christian Pastor/Parent’ has gone viral and prompted thousands of comments.

If I Have Gay Children: Four Promises From A Christian Pastor/Parent

Sometimes I wonder if I’ll have gay children.

I’m not sure if other parents think about this, but I do; quite often.

Maybe it’s because I have many gay people in my family and circle of friends. It’s in my genes and in my tribe.

Maybe it’s because, as a pastor of students, I’ve seen and heard the horror stories of gay Christian kids, from both inside and outside of the closet, trying to be part of the Church.

Maybe it’s because, as a Christian, I interact with so many people who find homosexuality to be the most repulsive thing imaginable, and who make that abundantly clear at every conceivable opportunity.

1) If I have gay children, you’ll all know it.

My children won’t be our family’s best-kept secret.

I won’t talk around them in conversations with others. I won’t speak in code or vague language. I won’t try to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes, and I won’t try to spare the feelings of those who may be older, or easily offended, or uncomfortable.

2) If I have gay children, I’ll pray for them.

I won’t pray for them to be made ‘normal’. I’ve lived long enough to know that if my children are gay, that is their normal.

I won’t pray that God will heal or change or fix them. I will pray for God to protect them; from the ignorance and hatred and violence that the world will throw at them, simply because of who they are.

3) If I have gay children, I’ll love them.

I don’t mean some token, distant, tolerant love that stays at a safe arm’s length. It will be an extravagant, open hearted, unapologetic, lavish, embarrassing-them-in-the-school cafeteria, kind of love.

I won’t love them despite their sexuality, and I won’t love them because of it. I will love them; simply because they’re sweet, and funny, and caring, and smart, and kind, and stubborn, and flawed, and original, and beautiful… and mine.

4) If I have gay children, most likely; I have gay children.

If my kids are going to be gay, well they pretty much already are.

God has already created them and wired them, and placed the seed of who they are within them. Psalm 139 says that He, ‘stitched them together in their mother’s womb’. The incredibly intricate stuff that makes them uniquely them; once-in-History souls, has already been uploaded into their very cells.

Full article: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/read-what-christian-pastor-promises-do-if-his-children-are-gay270914/

What. A. Guy.

And crystal clear proof many Christians are wonderful, thoughtful, caring people. I didn't need this proof, but this story is heart warming none the less, especially with so many outspoken American pastors (and conservative Christians generally) saying the absolute opposite.

Lucky, lucky kids I love you
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay - Page 2 Empty Re: Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay

Post by Eilzel Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:your friends support same sex marriage because they have no morals , they have bought into the lie that we must all accept everything and anyone just the way they are , that's good for sure but when it comes to equality it doesn't work does it Les, because where are my equal rights as a Christian why are you and others trying to force me to change my views.

I believe that marriage equality was so easily given by law that there will be a price to pay in the future , nothing is given free there will be a sinister side to all this .

All that aside, where did you get the impression I need to be accepted by churches?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay - Page 2 Empty Re: Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:your friends support same sex marriage because they have no morals , they have bought into the lie that we must all accept everything and anyone just the way they are , that's good for sure but when it comes to equality it doesn't work does it Les, because where are my equal rights as a Christian why are you and others trying to force me to change my views.

I believe that marriage equality was so easily given by law that there will be a price to pay in the future , nothing is given free there will be a sinister side to all this .

All that aside, where did you get the impression I need to be accepted by churches?

Posting the link from your facebook . Why not just ignore it if you're not bothered .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:20 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Posting the link from your facebook . Why not just ignore it if you're not bothered .

I was warmed by it actually. Because there are usually stories of pastors saying that gays should burn, gay marriage will lead to incest and so on (the usual bull crap), so this was refreshing. If you weren't so bitter you'd understand how human emotion can be warmed by nice stories when most news is pretty negative (EVERY thread you and HF post) Smile

Anyway on these things you said:

"your friends support same sex marriage because they have no morals"- why? Because your psycho, blood thirsty sky daddy says so?
"there will be a sinister side to all this"- why? Because your warped mentality leads you to create a link between consenting sex and abusive relationships?
"why are you and others trying to force me to change my views"...

On that last point- I'm not trying to get you to change your views. It's obviously too late for that. You are ENTITLED to think what you like, and believe in angels and demons and unicorns and leprechauns...

...and I am entitled to think you are a screw-loose, mentally deficient, hard faced, demon believing head case for doing so- and that, my dear VoD, is me expressing my right, to my opinion, based on views you have expressed for 5 years.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I was warmed by it actually. Because there are usually stories of pastors saying that gays should burn, gay marriage will lead to incest and so on (the usual bull crap), so this was refreshing. If you weren't so bitter you'd understand how human emotion can be warmed by nice stories when most news is pretty negative (EVERYTHING thread you and HF post) Smile

"your friends support same sex marriage because they have no morals"- why? Because your psycho, blood thirsty sky daddy says so?
"there will be a sinister side to all this"- why? Because your warped mentality leads you to create a link between consenting sex and abusive relationships?

On that last point- I'm not trying to get you to change you views. It's obviously too late for that. You are ENTITLED to think what you like, and believe in angels and demons and unicorns and leprechauns...

...and I am entitled to think you are a screw-loose, mentally deficient, hard faced, demon believing head case for doing so- and that, my dear VoD, is me expressing my right, to my opinion, based on views you have expressed for 4 years.

I never get those news stories on my news feed on facebook , can you send me the ones about Pastors wanting to burn gays .

It's good to see you are mocking the Pastors who have accepted you and gay marriage . Talk about gratitude , anyway all the insults are proof that you're demon possessed .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I was warmed by it actually. Because there are usually stories of pastors saying that gays should burn, gay marriage will lead to incest and so on (the usual bull crap), so this was refreshing. If you weren't so bitter you'd understand how human emotion can be warmed by nice stories when most news is pretty negative (EVERYTHING thread you and HF post) Smile

On that last point- I'm not trying to get you to change you views. It's obviously too late for that. You are ENTITLED to think what you like, and believe in angels and demons and unicorns and leprechauns...

...and I am entitled to think you are a screw-loose, mentally deficient, hard faced, demon believing head case for doing so- and that, my dear VoD, is me expressing my right, to my opinion, based on views you have expressed for 4 years.

I never get those news stories on my news feed on facebook , can you send me the ones about Pastors wanting to burn gays .

It's good to see you are mocking the Pastors who have accepted you and gay marriage . Talk about gratitude , anyway all the insults are proof that you're demon possessed .

So what are the insults from you and HF proof of? Are you two possessed too? Shocked (It would explain a lot).

I am not knocking those pastors who accept it, far from it, they are wonderful people.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:39 pm

I haven't insulted you even when you have just called me various vile names .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Les you are very selective lol , the Pastors who have accepted you lifestyle are now wonderful people .

I thought you didn't agree with the bible and God , make up your mind if the acceptance of these Pastors is now wonderful why would you care lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I haven't insulted you even when you have just called me various vile names .

Not right now you haven't granted, though let's not pretend you haven't. Although I'd say telling me I am possessed by a demon, immoral, unnatural etc is very insulting.

Of course I am being horrible to you because you express your view that I am a 'possessed immoral abnormality'.

You express your horrible views to me because you are a brainwashed unthinking sheep of a dying cult.

NOTE: Those pastors are wonderful because all accepting people are wonderful from my pov- I STILL think their beliefs in god are based on fallacies.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:I haven't insulted you even when you have just called me various vile names .

Not right now you haven't granted, though let's not pretend you haven't. Although I'd say telling me I am possessed by a demon, immoral, unnatural etc is very insulting.

Of course I am being horrible to you because you express your view that I am a 'possessed immoral abnormality'.

You express your horrible views to me because you are a brainwashed unthinking sheep of a dying cult.

NOTE: Those pastors are wonderful because all accepting people are wonderful from my pov- I STILL think their beliefs in god are based on fallacies.

I think they think we should all forget what they have said over the years. Not a bloody chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:20 pm

sassy wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I think they think we should all forget what they have said over the years.  Not a bloody chance.

yeah we maybe should forget but i wonder if you remember making fake accounts on ado and writing a story about pedophillia , but that won't happen any day soon will it , do you think you are the only who was a victimized on forums. because i have a lot of the shite you did me on record and so do the police .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:24 pm

This post was made by Vicar of Dibley who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Read what this Christian pastor promises to do if his children are gay - Page 2 Enhanced-23627-1414009242-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Why should it bother you , you don't beleive in demons Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:46 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Why should it bother you , you don't beleive in demons Rolling Eyes

Being called a possessed immoral abnormality is insulting whether you believe in demons or not.

If I call you a witch you will be insulted, even though you don't believe in witches (at least I'd hope not haha).
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2