NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian nursery worker 'sacked after refusing to read gay stories to children'

2 posters

Go down

Christian nursery worker 'sacked after refusing to read gay stories to children' Empty Christian nursery worker 'sacked after refusing to read gay stories to children'

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:38 am

A Christian nursery worker is taking her former employers to court claiming she was sacked for her beliefs after refusing to read stories about gay couples to children.
Sarah Mbuyi says she was dismissed due to religious discrimination, having also been accused of “harassing” a lesbian colleague to whom she gave a Bible when she was recovering from an accident.
The case, lodged at an employment tribunal, comes amid growing concerns among some Christians that religious beliefs are being “outlawed” in the workplace. A Christian group backing the case says it is an example of believers being “robbed” of the freedom to express views.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/10776411/Christian-nursery-worker-sacked-after-refusing-to-read-gay-stories-to-children.html

Dear me what a misleading title, utterly poor. My first reaction was, that is wrong to force someone to read something which is at odds with their faith, then you read the article and it is nothing of the sort, she got sacked for gross misconduct due to claims of harassing another employee. The irony though which really got me was she was trying to get the Lesbian to read the bible.

DOH

Whether she is innocent of any harassment is another matter, but the claim for being sacked to not reading books with same sex parents, is a smokescreen.

At a disciplinary meeting, her employers accused Miss Mbuyi of “harassing” her co-worker, saying such behaviour amounted to “gross misconduct”. The co-worker could not be reached for comment.

Her employers inquired how she would feel if she was asked to read children’s storybooks featuring same-sex parents. She replied that she would not be able to read such books.

Back to top Go down

Christian nursery worker 'sacked after refusing to read gay stories to children' Empty Re: Christian nursery worker 'sacked after refusing to read gay stories to children'

Post by eddie Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 am

Hmmm it is a little misleading I have to say.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Christian nursery worker 'sacked after refusing to read gay stories to children' Empty Re: Christian nursery worker 'sacked after refusing to read gay stories to children'

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:52 am

Why shouldn't this lady give someone a Bible? That hardly amounts to harassment IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Why shouldn't this lady give someone a Bible? That hardly amounts to harassment IMO.

No to me it is not harassment and neither would be reading a book to a child which has same sex parents. The irony to me is her using the children books, when she herself was clearly at odds with homosexuality trying to get the Lesbian to read the Bible which is anti homosexual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down