NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

+7
Original Quill
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Major
HoratioTarr
Syl
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. Empty Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:21 pm

She was told to go out and buy heels between 2'' and 4'' as flats were not acceptable.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/669246/Doctor-Who-actress-City-receptionist-sacked-fired-wearing-HEELS
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. Empty Re: Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:23 pm

Been watching this, her petition went viral and the firm have now backed down.   It was a 9 hr shift and she was going to be on her feet all the time.

Back to top Go down

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. Empty Re: Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work.

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:27 pm

The company did back down sharpish, I wonder how long they got away with this before she made a stand though?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Syl wrote:She was told to go out and buy heels between 2'' and 4'' as flats were not acceptable.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/669246/Doctor-Who-actress-City-receptionist-sacked-fired-wearing-HEELS

If that's part of the job, and she knew that, then there's not much she can do. It's not like they are expecting her to wear 6 inch stilettos. A two inch heel seems reasonable to me. She's an out of work actress. I wouldn't be surprised if this was more like an attention seeking publicity stunt for herself.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Even if she was sat down all day it's a bloody liberty insisting women wear heels......and going so far as dictating what shades of makeup they should wear.

In my day I would have told them to stick their job where the sun dont shine....not so easy nowadays though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:36 pm

I agee, so many women have foot problems because of heels.  Glad she has won.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 12, 2016 9:38 pm

but you'd do it voluntarily eh stormee Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Lord Foul wrote:but you'd do it voluntarily eh stormee Laughing

Strange that, I was thinking the same thing, think it was the empathis on the TOLD lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:40 pm

sassy wrote:I agee, so many women have foot problems because of heels.  Glad she has won.

What about make up Sassy? Would you object to being told you have to wear it....and what is a suitable shade?

I think this firm had a bloody nerve tbh.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:I agee, so many women have foot problems because of heels.  Glad she has won.

What about make up Sassy? Would you object to being told you have to wear it....and what is a suitable shade?

I didn't see that bit.  I never wear, and have never worn, skin make-up.   Eye make up and lipstick which could have something to do with my skin being so good now.   No way would I wear a make up they told me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:50 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

I didn't see that bit.  I never wear, and have never worn, skin make-up.   Eye make up and lipstick which could have something to do with my skin being so good now.   No way would I wear a make up they told me.

Snap Sassy....I too hate powder and foundation.

She said in some of the other reports she was told she must wear make up, and even given a list of acceptable shades.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/high-heels-dress-code-company-7951327

I was once told by a bitchy manageress in a nightclub to wear my hair differently....I walked out of the job.
She should have concentrated on herself a bit more....she ended up in jail for embezzlement.  Razz

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:52 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:

She said in some of the other reports she was told she must wear make up, and even given a list of acceptable shades.

I was once told by a bitchy manageress in a nightclub to wear my hair differently....I walked out of the job.
She should have concentrated on herself a bit more....she ended up in jail for embezzlement.  Razz

I expect her hair wasn't a priority in there lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:53 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

I expect her hair wasn't a priority in there lol

LOL....her hair was awful anyway...she was just a bitchy woman. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 12, 2016 9:55 pm

So many people in this world who think they get to tell others how to dress! You'd think we had no bigger issues going on.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Syl wrote:Even if she was sat down all day it's a bloody liberty insisting women wear heels......and going so far as dictating what shades of makeup they should wear.

In my day I would have told them to stick their job where the sun dont shine....not so easy nowadays though.

I should think most blokes would like to say that about wearing suits to work on hot summer days.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 9:57 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

Me neither. I hate foundation.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:58 pm

There are so many about Syl Twisted Evil   Come across a few in my time.  Had one, who when my youngest grandaughter was born, was only 2 1/2 lbs, was tranferred from Colchester to St Georges in London, stopped breathing twice on the way.   I was in Taunton and said I was going to leave straight away.  She told me I was making a fuss about nothing and I would have to wait.  Told her to try and stop me.   Luckily, when I came back, the MD tood my side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:59 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:

Me neither.   I hate foundation.

It's horrible.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:00 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:Even if she was sat down all day it's a bloody liberty insisting women wear heels......and going so far as dictating what shades of makeup they should wear.

I should think most blokes would like to say that about wearing suits to work on hot summer days.

Lots of business women wear suits too, and they wear them with tights, bras, knickers and underskirts...a man can get away with cotton briefs and he is ready to go. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 12, 2016 10:01 pm

sassy wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:

It's horrible.

anyone for a spot of plastering????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
sassy wrote:

That makes three of us. Can you imagine being told you have to wear it?

I think the vast majority of women look better with it anyway....horrible cloggy stuff.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 10:02 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:

It's horrible.

anyone for a spot of plastering????

That's exactly what some women look like in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Lots of business women wear suits too, and they wear them with tights, bras, knickers and underskirts...a man can get away with cotton briefs and he is ready to go. Cool

I just go with the briefs:

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. Fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns_0
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 10:04 pm

You've put that on before lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

I just go with the briefs:

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. Fat_hairy_guy_on_bed_with_guns_0

Pity. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:08 pm

Actually he looks like a fat Russel Brand. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu May 12, 2016 10:08 pm

I reckon you have put weight on since your last selfie Ben ..... Razz
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 12, 2016 10:09 pm

sassy wrote:You've put that on before lol

I believe we should all recycle more!

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. Zorro1
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

My point is they are forced to whether they like it or not.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I'd much rather my solicitor wore that get up in the divorce court.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 12, 2016 10:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

I'd much rather my solicitor wore that get up in the divorce court.  

Imagine the cheering!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Are they, though? I imagine most men who wear suits to work knew they would have to to be taken seriously in their field when they were still studying for their degree.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

If you are gonna recycle, make it someone good looking!

Woman sacked for refusing to wear high heels at work. Stock-photo-sexy-male-muscular-model-in-black-swimwear-looking-down-275818997

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:14 pm

I had a huge crush on him when I was a kid...."where the boys are" tra la...

Last edited by Syl on Thu May 12, 2016 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 10:15 pm

Syl wrote:I had a huge crush on him when I was a kid...."where the boys are"

LOL LOL LOL, didn't know it was anyone in particular, thought it was just a model

Just twigged, you mean Zorro!!

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:16 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:I had a huge crush on him when I was a kid...."where the boys are"

LOL LOL LOL, didn't know it was anyone in particular, thought it was just a model

The Zorro pic is George Hamilton Sassy...remember him?

hahahaha...not the other one.

Last edited by Syl on Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:

I do, Mr Perma Tan lol

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Are they, though? I imagine most men who wear suits to work knew they would have to to be taken seriously in their field when they were still studying for their degree.

Why do you need to wear a suit to be taken seriously? It's the same principle as making a woman wear heels for no other reason than it's deemed 'professional' looking.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:18 pm

sassy wrote:
Syl wrote:

I do, Mr Perma Tan lol

Yeah him....I just thought he was exotic when I was 12. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 10:19 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:

I do, Mr Perma Tan lol

Yeah him....I just thought he was exotic when I was 12. Laughing

He was, he just had to keep topping it up as he got older Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 12, 2016 10:19 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Why do you  need to wear a suit to be taken seriously?   It's the same principle as making a woman wear heels for no other reason than it's deemed 'professional' looking.

It's stupid, but it's the culture in many professional circles. Maybe someday we'll have lawyers showing up to court in T-shirts and jeans, but not today.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Why do you  need to wear a suit to be taken seriously?   It's the same principle as making a woman wear heels for no other reason than it's deemed 'professional' looking.

But women have to wear suits in a lot of jobs.
Flat shoes can be smart , heels are considered sexy...they enhance a womans legs, so why should that even be considered a necessary work requirement?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's stupid, but it's the culture in many professional circles. Maybe someday we'll have lawyers showing up to court in T-shirts and jeans, but not today.

Because they are all too conventional to be the first one to step out of line and worry they won't get clients.  Totally ludicrous.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Flat shoes can be smart , heels are considered sexy...they enhance a womans legs, so why should that even be considered a necessary work requirement?

I have no idea. The same reason men have to wear ties! It's not as though women never wear high heels, most do, particularly young ones. They think nothing of spending a 5 hour night out prancing around in clubs in them. Hell, I used to work behind a bar in them when I was 18 AND walk to and from work a total of 3 miles! Jeez!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I have no idea.   The same reason men have to wear ties!   It's not as though women never wear high heels, most do, particularly young ones.  They think nothing of spending a 5 hour night out prancing around in clubs in them.  Hell, I used to work behind a bar in them when I was 18 AND walk to and from work a total of 3 miles!   Jeez!

Me too...but thats our choice.
If someone told me I HAD to wear them I would tell them to sod off.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It is ridiculous. I used to work for a software company and it was teeshirts and jeans all the way. That's how it should be. You find that in creative companies, but not stuffy corporate ones.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 10:33 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I have no idea.   The same reason men have to wear ties!   It's not as though women never wear high heels, most do, particularly young ones.  They think nothing of spending a 5 hour night out prancing around in clubs in them.  Hell, I used to work behind a bar in them when I was 18 AND walk to and from work a total of 3 miles!   Jeez!

I can't argue with that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:47 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I can't argue with that.

Mind you....we have both worn costumes in the past that could have been considered 'sexist'...as this woman is (rightly) complaining about.
My best was Cigarette girl at Tiffanys nightclub. Black fishnets, red satin bunny girl type of outfit....and obviously heels.
I was never a womans libber.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 12, 2016 11:03 pm

No Syl, I'm no women's libber either really. I wear feminine clothes and always revel in my femininity.

Though when challenged to a game of cheese-throwing, for instance, I can become strangely male.

Absolutely no idea why I mentioned cheese-throwing? Never done it, watched it nor do I want to.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next